PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Jzepp
12-22-10, 10:18 am
Have any of you done SLDL's this way? It seems like a very effective way to better hit the hamstrings.

http://www.hardgainermusclebuilding.com/articles/nicktrickstiffleggeddeadlifts.php

Survivor831
12-22-10, 10:32 am
Standing on the plates is a very effective way of teaching someone how to do SLD without cheating or leaning forward. For the SLD to be effective, you have to have maximum stretch on the hamstrings. Standing on the plates allows you to keep the weight on your heels (where it needs to be) and not the balls of your feet. This is a difficult exercise to learn correctly, but once you get it you will never forget it.

TheWolf
12-22-10, 10:32 am
Never have, but could be the same reason why you see guys squat with plates under their heels. So many for a DL its the opposite. Might be worth a try with some dumbbells too.

suicidegripme
12-22-10, 11:31 am
Ive never liked SLDL's that much. I prefer RDL's and various types of Good Mornings for my hammies.

Enforcer
12-22-10, 11:35 am
I am old school when it comes to stiff legged deads- I set up a box, stand up on it, let the weight stretch all the way down, and then back up to the top. Been doing this years now and love it.

Jzepp
12-22-10, 3:30 pm
Oh yeah, well i actually do Romanian Deadlifts then..where you sort of poke your butt out and only bring the barbell down slightly past the knees and come up almost a bit short of being upright to feel the hamstrings being worked. I have to agree that i like these better than SLDL's.