PDA

View Full Version : Any doctors out there?

SailinScotty
12-23-10, 1:34 pm
Recently my cousin asked me to help him gain weight. He's 6'4" 180lbs and wants to get to around 200. He has been diagnosed as bipolar and schizo. He occasionally hears voices. He started taking a multi and he said it helped but then he started taking a mrp with bcaa's in it and it made it worse. I told him to stop using it and check with his doctor and to try and get more whole foods in. I tried looking online and couldn't find anything. Has anyone heard of something like this and if so what are some other options. I told him to let me know what his doc says and to go from there. Any help or ingo would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Dead
12-23-10, 1:48 pm
I'm not a Doctor, only a nurse... But, during my time working at Western State Hospital (Our mental hospital...) I did learn a few things about this... But, I did some more looking, and here's some things that may contribute...

Allergies:
substances can cause many negative reactions commonly not associated with allergies.

In the case of cerebral (brain) allergies - in which the allergies affect the nervous system - reactions include brain inflammation, irritability, fear, depression, aggression, extreme mood swings in a single day, hyperactivity, and psychosis.

A study of "schizophrenics" by Dr. William Philpott showed allergic responses as follows: Wheat (64%), Mature corn (51%), Pasteurized whole cow milk (50%), Tobacco (75% with 10% becoming grossly psychotic with delusions, hallucinations and particularly paranoia), and Hydrocarbons (30% with weakness being common and some participants reacting with delusions or suicidal inclinations). 92% of the patients showed allergic responses with an average of ten items per person causing reactions

Gluten sensitivity/Celiac Disease:
Studies have shown celiac disease to be inordinately high in "schizophrenic" populations. Research removing gluten and dairy products (which often seems to add to the problem) from the diet of a locked ward resulted in a significant improvement of patient behavior.
Low Histamine:
It has been found that 50% of patients classified as "schizophrenic" have low histamine levels in the blood and it rises to normal as they improve. These same patients are found to have high copper levels. Elevated copper decreases blood histamine. Excess copper is linked with psychosis. People with histapenia tend to have classic signs of schizophrenia, including canker sores, difficult orgasm with sex, no headaches or allergies, heavy growth of body hair, ideas of grandeur, undue suspicion of people, racing thoughts, the feeling that someone controls one's mind, seeing or hearing things abnormally, ringing in the ears, and others.

As I said, though... I am not a doctor, but these can be underlying causes, as to why the changes in diet may have affected him...

SailinScotty
12-23-10, 3:52 pm
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty clueless about this stuff. I talked with him and he's just going to slowly increase his solid food intake which is better anyways.

Have a Merry Christmas Mr. D.

bharatoza
12-23-10, 8:18 pm
I have read the following to be very effective:

Eliminate gluten/wheat, soy, corn completely from his diet. Read ingredients carefully.

30-40grams of fish oil per day spread between 6-7 meals. Use liquid and capsules. Nordic Naturals is a very high quality brand. It is important to know that the fish used is not exposed to toxins or heavy metals.

D3 supplement daily.

Hope this helps

shizz702
12-23-10, 8:41 pm
I have read the following to be very effective:

Eliminate gluten/wheat, soy, corn completely from his diet. Read ingredients carefully.

30-40grams of fish oil per day spread between 6-7 meals. Use liquid and capsules. Nordic Naturals is a very high quality brand. It is important to know that the fish used is not exposed to toxins or heavy metals.

D3 supplement daily.

Hope this helps

I'm no doctor either but am plenty familiar with the merits of fish oil and D3 supplementation. Get him on that along with a good multi like pak, and a good whole food diet and it will only help.