PDA

View Full Version : Life.....

machineman
12-24-10, 8:48 am
It is what happens when you have other plans! My wife and I found out Moday evening and had the first ultrasound yesterday. She is 6 weeks pregnant! When I say this is comes as a shock, that is an understatement. This was not planned but it is here and now I am looking forward to it. This will be our 4th child. Definitely going to be an odd and wonderful ride. Her due date is August 17. It is obviously way to early to know if it is a boy or girl, but I will keep this thread updated for the next 8-9 months!! Merry Christmas to us!!

GUNJAK
12-24-10, 1:59 pm
Congrats my friend. It's hard to beat that as a present.

Back To Basics
12-24-10, 7:41 pm
Congrats bro, wish you all the best.

ghost
12-24-10, 10:20 pm
congrats bob!!!!!

Mr. Dead
12-24-10, 11:45 pm
HUUUGE congrats...!!!

jandirigma
12-25-10, 8:25 am
Now that's one of the best gifts you could ever receive. Congrats brother, and take care of the family.

machineman
12-25-10, 11:23 am
Thanks everyone! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. It was huge for the kids. They actually got up later than I thought they would. The living room is a complete disaster!!!! They keep asking if we can get the baby out tomorrow (the twins do). They don't quite understand that it will be a while before the baby comes. Ah well, another day of fun and joy!!

Machine
12-25-10, 3:13 pm
Thanks everyone! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. It was huge for the kids. They actually got up later than I thought they would. The living room is a complete disaster!!!! They keep asking if we can get the baby out tomorrow (the twins do). They don't quite understand that it will be a while before the baby comes. Ah well, another day of fun and joy!!

Congratulations! You and your family are truly blessed to have a large family like that.

Good luck...

MACHINE

bradley92rs
12-25-10, 8:26 pm
congrats bro, i don't post much but anytime i see somebody that has a chance to contibute to this world by bringing another life into it i have to stand up and be counted, you and the misses are truely blessed.

Supreme
12-26-10, 1:02 am
Congratulations.

wedge
12-26-10, 11:11 am
Congrats bro.
Best wishes to you and yours.

machineman
12-27-10, 10:13 am
Congratulations! You and your family are truly blessed to have a large family like that.

Good luck...

MACHINE

congrats bro, i don't post much but anytime i see somebody that has a chance to contibute to this world by bringing another life into it i have to stand up and be counted, you and the misses are truely blessed.

Congratulations.

Congrats bro.
Best wishes to you and yours.

Thanks fellas. It means a lot to me and the mrs that everyone is happy for us. Like I said before, it came as quite the shock. I will do my best (as I have done with my first 3) to raise respectful and productive children. I have plenty of people here that I look up to that have set a standard to obtain.

c-doll
12-28-10, 4:02 pm
Congrats brother!

BarbellManiac
12-28-10, 8:36 pm
Congrats, You have the biggest package of happiness heading your way!

JasonG
12-29-10, 1:14 am
Congrats man. I have four kids myself, two of my own and two step. Blended families have their own unique challenges but it's also nice.

deanna7272
12-29-10, 12:40 pm
I just saw this... Congrats to you and your family!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift...

Big D
12-29-10, 12:42 pm
congrats on this my man

Universal Rep
12-29-10, 2:45 pm
Congrats.

Flash419
12-29-10, 3:04 pm
Merry Christmas and a BIG CONGRATS to you and the family.

Is it too early to suggest Animal Baby Formula? They could test it at the Box at the Cage. LOL

Firedrake
12-29-10, 8:25 pm
As I said on the phone, you have my sincere congratulations. You're getting to do something I never did -- the chance to be a father, and raise children the way YOU think they should be raised. I wanted to be a father so much, and it turned out that my wife couldn't carry to term. Take this blessing and give that new life all the love and support you can! Give him or her joy in life, and love for his or her fellow human, and a knowledge of the spirit and the mind, as well as the body.

I envy you!

machineman
12-30-10, 9:09 am
I just saw this... Congrats to you and your family!!! What a wonderful Christmas gift...

Thanks D!!

congrats on this my man

Thanks my man!

Congrats.

Thanks U Rep

Merry Christmas and a BIG CONGRATS to you and the family.

Is it too early to suggest Animal Baby Formula? They could test it at the Box at the Cage. LOL

lol....that would be great!! Thanks Jeff!

As I said on the phone, you have my sincere congratulations. You're getting to do something I never did -- the chance to be a father, and raise children the way YOU think they should be raised. I wanted to be a father so much, and it turned out that my wife couldn't carry to term. Take this blessing and give that new life all the love and support you can! Give him or her joy in life, and love for his or her fellow human, and a knowledge of the spirit and the mind, as well as the body.

I envy you!

Thanks Jim. I think you know I will do the best I can. I strive to instill in my kids that nothing is free and nothing comes easy. Even at their age, they have chores they have to do. I try to keep my kids grounded and not let them think they have it made. They have nice things and such, but I also make them "work" for what they get.

smoothballer
12-30-10, 12:23 pm
Just saw this. Big Congratulation to you and the misses

Cellardweller
12-30-10, 4:34 pm
Congrats Machineman.

machineman
12-31-10, 9:51 pm
Just saw this. Big Congratulation to you and the misses

Congrats Machineman.

Thanks, guys. This go round is different from the rest already. The misses has morning sickness and has to take a nap. She feels pretty crappy most of the day so I have been trying to step up and do more house work. It ain't easy but I have to step up and try to take some of the load off her.

machineman
01-05-11, 6:07 pm
Man, can't a guy catch a break???? Was heading out to meet up with GUNJAK and the truck starts running rough, check engine light comes on. Get it home and it looks like I may have lost an injector. For those that don't own diesels, be thankful for this part!! These f'in things are about $700 for a new one.....let's just hope only 1 has gone out. Otherwise, the truck will be parked for a long time....I should change all 6 but I for sure don't have an extra $3K sittin around......

Jay
01-05-11, 8:11 pm
Great xmas present indeed. Congrats!

machineman
01-05-11, 8:35 pm
Great xmas present indeed. Congrats!

Thanks, bro!

DANO
01-21-11, 9:17 pm
Hey Bob, congrats on the newest edition to the machineman family!!! Remember, I know a guy who can wheel-and-deal on parts for ALL makes and models of cars & trucks <grin>... Seriously though, give me a ring if you need anything.

machineman
01-24-11, 8:37 am
Hey Bob, congrats on the newest edition to the machineman family!!! Remember, I know a guy who can wheel-and-deal on parts for ALL makes and models of cars & trucks <grin>... Seriously though, give me a ring if you need anything.

Thanks, DANO.....Shoot me a PM for a price on injectors for a 2006 Ram 3500 with the 5.9L Cummins.

DANO
01-25-11, 2:51 pm
Thanks, DANO.....Shoot me a PM for a price on injectors for a 2006 Ram 3500 with the 5.9L Cummins.

Was my pricing in the ballpark?

Tron
01-26-11, 9:02 pm
Congratulations on another of God's blessings!

machineman
02-13-11, 1:11 pm
So here we are with me having to drop another meet. I pisses me off to no end, but I am not going to put my wants and desires ahead of my families needs. Oh well, guess it will wait for awhile longer.

And to make it worse, my POS truck is broke again.....FML....

DANO
02-16-11, 2:59 am
So here we are with me having to drop another meet. I pisses me off to no end, but I am not going to put my wants and desires ahead of my families needs. Oh well, guess it will wait for awhile longer.

And to make it worse, my POS truck is broke again.....FML....

Damn Bob, that really sucks... If there is any way I can help with the truck let me know.

machineman
02-19-11, 4:31 pm
Got our taxes done last night. It is a relief to know that we will get some relief here soon. I still have a huge medical bill from my youngest to pay, but I will worry about that later.

The mrs is doing great with the pregnancy. Sickness is gone and for the most part doesn't take naps that often now. We will find out next month if we are having a boy or girl.

Phil800101
02-20-11, 1:27 am
Got our taxes done last night. It is a relief to know that we will get some relief here soon. I still have a huge medical bill from my youngest to pay, but I will worry about that later.

The mrs is doing great with the pregnancy. Sickness is gone and for the most part doesn't take naps that often now. We will find out next month if we are having a boy or girl.

Glad to hear things are looking up Bob.

machineman
02-20-11, 6:34 pm
Glad to hear things are looking up Bob.

Thanks, bro....gonna miss my Animal family this year at the AC.

Phil800101
02-21-11, 1:09 am

We'll miss you too bro.

smoothballer
02-21-11, 8:46 am

Sorry to hear you can't make it Bob...

C.Coronato
02-21-11, 11:57 am
Thats awesome MM!! Hell yea dude, congrats!

machineman
02-21-11, 12:23 pm
Thats awesome MM!! Hell yea dude, congrats!

Thanks, brother.....

machineman
03-08-11, 11:47 am
So here I am....back for another round. Things are starting to look up for us and I was missing the gym. Got back into it last night and am paying for my absence today...and I love it! I missed not posting here and supporting my brothers and sisters. For that, I do apologize. I could make excuses but that is not going to happen. What's done is done. I have to learn to better manage all the things in my life in order to accomplish those goals and tasks I have set for myself. I have to regain that focus of "Lead, follow or get the fuck outta my way". I will not let somethings get in the way of my training any longer. Obviously for me, family comes first. The important thing I lost sight of is that the people on this forum ARE my family. You above everyone else understands why we do this. Something I won't soon forget......

Phil800101
03-08-11, 11:52 am
No worries bro. We gotta do what we gotta do, and life gets in the way sometimes.

machineman
03-10-11, 7:15 pm
Had to take the mrs to the ER this morning. She has been having some pain in her right leg from her knee down to the top of her foot. She was on her feet a little more than usual yesterday finishing up a cupcake order (which they were DELICIOUS!!!!!) and her feet and ankles were swollen last night. She called the Dr this morning and they wanted her to go the ER for a doppler test. Well, after hours in the ER, she was cleared to go home. No clots. Very thankful of that. Hopefully this pregnancy continues to go well. We will be going for another ultrasound either the last week of March or the first week of April. At that ultrasound, we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I don't really care which, I just hope the baby is born healthy.

machineman
03-10-11, 7:16 pm
No worries bro. We gotta do what we gotta do, and life gets in the way sometimes.

Thanks for all your support, brother. It means alot to have my Animal family behind me while on this journey.

Phil800101
03-11-11, 1:55 am
Glad to hear she's ok.

DANO
03-11-11, 12:55 pm
Glad to hear she's ok.

For sure! Man, things like that are scary.

machineman
03-23-11, 8:17 pm
So tomorrow is a big day for us!! The mrs has an ultrasound at 1pm and we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!! Down to the last 20 weeks before the birthday. The weeks are flying by and I can't believe we are having another one but it will be a welcome addition. I have a lot of work to do this spring/summer getting the new baby room set up. Plus plenty of outdoor work. And still getting my work done in the gym. It is exciting and nerve-wracking all the same. It obviously isn't my first rodeo with kids, but it's been 5 years since we had a new born in the house. The twins don't understand the concept of time so they thing every time the mrs goes to the doctor, the baby is coming home!!!!!!

I will update tomorrow with any info we have.

machineman
03-23-11, 8:18 pm
For sure! Man, things like that are scary.

Thanks, DANO......

Phil800101
03-23-11, 8:52 pm
Cool!

DANO
03-24-11, 2:41 am
Cant wait to hear what the newest machinekid is gonna arrive as! -best wishes Bob!

machineman
03-25-11, 6:58 am
Well, the ultrasound was inconclusive!! Not sure what we are having yet. The Dr said he would get us another ultrasound in a month or so. Guess we will have to wait til then and see if the baby will cooperate!!!!

wedge
03-25-11, 10:16 am
Hope the wife and kid to be are doing good.

machineman
03-25-11, 5:45 pm
Hope the wife and kid to be are doing good.

The mrs has a bit of a cold at the moment but other than that she and the kid to be are doing well!

Phil800101
03-25-11, 6:36 pm
The mrs has a bit of a cold at the moment but other than that she and the kid to be are doing well!

Glad to hear it!

GUNS
03-28-11, 2:00 am
Well, the ultrasound was inconclusive!! Not sure what we are having yet. The Dr said he would get us another ultrasound in a month or so. Guess we will have to wait til then and see if the baby will cooperate!!!!

My thoughts, If there was something they couldn't find(see), then it's a girl. LOL!

Firedrake
03-28-11, 7:33 pm

Give her my best wishes, and I hope the little tyke lets you know what he/she is soon!

machineman
04-18-11, 9:23 pm
So, as with every journey this one continues. What it holds is a child at the end. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? I could care less either way. I just pray everyday that he/she is born healthy. The twins had some developmental delays when they were born. My boy has gotten past those delays but my youngest girl has not. Our insurance company gives us the runaround every month when they refuse to pay their part of the bill. We are fighting with them to cover their part of a $17K medical bill from my daughter for last year. All I know is the rehab facility wants their money and so far I am on the hook for it. It is all good, I guess. I guess it could be worse. She could have some incurable disease and only have a few more months/days with us. It just grinds me that we have to fight to get what is ours. The first year both kids were in therapy, we paid the entire bill out of our pocket. You can probably guess what that cost based on the price of 1 in therapy. I don't even care about the money. I would rather work until I die and make sure my kids have a chance at a better life than I had. Why is it that nowadays it is more common to screw someone out of what is rightfully theirs instead of doing what is right?

I don't normally post personal issues like this here, but I just need to vent. This has been weighing on my mind alot lately. To the point that I don't sleep well. Even after a good training session, sleep still eludes me until 11-12 at night. With working 10 hour days, I am up at 3:30am. I do get tired in the afternoon sometimes, but I feel it is better that the Mrs get a nap than me. So I tend to take care of the kids once I get home. Oh well. Guess tomorrow is another day to fight with the insurance company.

On a lighter note....we have another appointment this week with the Mrs doctor. No ultrasound but I think he will order one more so we can try to get a better look at him/her!!!! Then it is off to another Dr appointment for my youngest and then off to look for carpet for the babies room. So much for a somewhat quite day with the mrs!!!!

DANO
04-18-11, 11:50 pm
I personaly despise most insurance companys, auto, medical, whatever... They are always SO happy to take your money every month, but NEVER want to keep up their end of the bargin. Now I know it isnt the fault of the guy/gal you talk to, but the greedy corperation. Good luck to you on that Bob, and BETTER luck with the new Machinekid!!!

Phil800101
04-20-11, 1:29 am
I could go on for hours about health insurance. Like your outlook though Bob, don't let em' get you down.

I personaly despise most insurance companys, auto, medical, whatever... They are always SO happy to take your money every month, but NEVER want to keep up their end of the bargin. Now I know it isnt the fault of the guy/gal you talk to, but the greedy corperation. Good luck to you on that Bob, and BETTER luck with the new Machinekid!!!

Thank you for that bro. I sold auto/property for the good hands people (what a phony fucking slogan) for a year, and then did customer service for about nine months with them as well. All in a call center. I agree on both counts...unfortunately many people don't understand that and would fling shit at us on the phones. I know they were just venting, but it would still piss me off that the assholes responsible for their misery were essentially hiding in their ivory towers (yes, they literally are that color) off of I-294 while I had to deal with the resulting anger.

Sorry for highjacking the thread a bit Bob...

GUNS
04-20-11, 2:48 am
It is definately a tough world dealing with insurance. You are a stand up guy for what your doing MM. Taking care of your family is priority #1. And you are doing a fantastic job man. Keep pushing no matter what.

We got destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 05. Insurance companies flipped on everyone, basically turned thier back on us. I completely understand.

machineman
04-20-11, 9:18 am
I could go on for hours about health insurance. Like your outlook though Bob, don't let em' get you down.

Thank you for that bro. I sold auto/property for the good hands people (what a phony fucking slogan) for a year, and then did customer service for about nine months with them as well. All in a call center. I agree on both counts...unfortunately many people don't understand that and would fling shit at us on the phones. I know they were just venting, but it would still piss me off that the assholes responsible for their misery were essentially hiding in their ivory towers (yes, they literally are that color) off of I-294 while I had to deal with the resulting anger.

Sorry for highjacking the thread a bit Bob...

Thanks for the support, Phil.

It is definately a tough world dealing with insurance. You are a stand up guy for what your doing MM. Taking care of your family is priority #1. And you are doing a fantastic job man. Keep pushing no matter what.

We got destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 05. Insurance companies flipped on everyone, basically turned thier back on us. I completely understand.

Yea, no doubt you guys down there got fucked. Still can't believe the amount of destruction that hasn't been taken care of yet. Thanks for the support, Guns.....just gotta take care of my priorities the best I can.

machineman
05-08-11, 10:47 am
The Mrs was back in the ER overnight. Urinary tract infection and an issue with some ligaments in her hips or something. Not real sure. She didn't get home til about 3am this morning. I took the kids to chuch and dropped of her perscriptions to get them filled. She is still sleeping, which I think she will do a bit of that today. I have some odds and ends to finish up in the kitchen then that project will be done with. Stuff I couldn't in the winter. Looking forward to having this project done. Have some new projects for this summer.

Phil800101
05-08-11, 2:36 pm
Sorry to hear that, hope everything is ok.

machineman
05-08-11, 10:37 pm
Sorry to hear that, hope everything is ok.

She is a little better tonight. Some Tylenol 3 with codiene seems to be working!!

GUNS
05-08-11, 11:36 pm
Something happened that made me think of this post. My son asked me to call him and let me know his GF is pregnant. He is 22 so just glad he made it this far before this happened. He has 1/2 a year of college left. We are all super excited. His GF already has a son that we have taken in as ours and my son is in the process of adopting him. I really miss the little guy. But now your not the only one with one on the way in here.

machineman
05-11-11, 6:12 pm
Something happened that made me think of this post. My son asked me to call him and let me know his GF is pregnant. He is 22 so just glad he made it this far before this happened. He has 1/2 a year of college left. We are all super excited. His GF already has a son that we have taken in as ours and my son is in the process of adopting him. I really miss the little guy. But now your not the only one with one on the way in here.

Congrats, my brother!!!! Hope everything goes smoothly!!!!!

machineman
05-13-11, 9:50 pm
Update on the mrs.....She had a doctor appointment this week due to some severe pain. It seems she somehow managed to bruise a muscle or some muscles on her pelvic floor. The doctor has put her on extremely light duty. No cleaning, laundry, dishes, cooking.....nothing. I was expecting this (nor was I expecting another child!!) so now the workload has fallen my way. I am teaching the kids how to clean up after themselves and help with chores around the house. So far, it hasn't gone too bad. Just really hoping her pain doesn't get too much worse and she is put on bed rest.

Phil800101
05-14-11, 12:26 pm
Damn...well, at least it's something that in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad and can heal.

DANO
05-14-11, 12:34 pm
Damn...well, at least it's something that in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad and can heal.

^^^this, and you get to have some fun trying to heard cats!! (trying to get kids to do WHAT you want WHEN you want is always fun!) Good luck with it all.

machineman
05-14-11, 12:38 pm

Yup....just gonna be a hectic next couple of months.....

^^^this, and you get to have some fun trying to heard cats!! (trying to get kids to do WHAT you want WHEN you want is always fun!) Good luck with it all.

I can usually get them to do what needs to be done. They think my bite is worse than my bark!!!! If I yell too loud at them, my youngest will start crying cause I am mad at her!

At least my brother is taking the kids for the afternoon. Will be a break so we can go to the store and get ready for Cassidy's First Communion party tomorrow.

machineman
05-16-11, 9:18 pm
Well it looks like the new machine-baby is going to be another girl! SHIT!!!!! Now be and Nic will have to live with 4 of 'em.....He won't be happy! He told the mrs that if this was a girl she was taking her back! Well, now it is just a waiting game. The figured the baby was 1 oz shy of 3 pounds. Gonna be another big one it looks like.

Phil800101
05-16-11, 10:16 pm
Great news bro!

DANO
05-17-11, 12:54 am
Great news! at least she will have plenty of hand-me-downs!! Glad all is going well!

GUNS
05-17-11, 1:28 am
When is the due date? Man, it was the same with me, if I talked a little stern to my girl, she would just start balling. But my son was hard headed as hell. It is kind of the same way now a days, if I get mad at her, she gets upset. And she is in college.

Another girl, not going to be easy raising a bunch of girls. I can imagin all the emotions will be hitting together. If one of them is upset, emotional, they all will be.

Still good news man, it's still a happy, healthy machinegirl!

machineman
05-23-11, 7:38 am
When is the due date? Man, it was the same with me, if I talked a little stern to my girl, she would just start balling. But my son was hard headed as hell. It is kind of the same way now a days, if I get mad at her, she gets upset. And she is in college.

Another girl, not going to be easy raising a bunch of girls. I can imagin all the emotions will be hitting together. If one of them is upset, emotional, they all will be.

Still good news man, it's still a happy, healthy machinegirl!

Her due date is August 16th.

machineman
05-23-11, 7:40 am
So after another round of tests last week, the Mrs now as gestational diabetes. NOT GOOD. She will be at the doctors or hospital 4 days a week from now on. It is looking more and more like this one will be a c section. Our first was about as big as she can handle (8-13). They will be monitoring her real close. Just one more thing I guess. More work for me and less time to train. Oh well...I'll figure out something.....more as this drama unfolds!!

DANO
05-23-11, 12:32 pm
I know ALL about drama Bob! Our thoughts and prayers are with ya..

machineman
05-23-11, 3:34 pm
I know ALL about drama Bob! Our thoughts and prayers are with ya..

Thanks brother. She can use all the help she can get!!!

GUNS
05-24-11, 6:40 am
Sorry to hear it. We will all keep our fingers crossed and pray for the safe arrival and safety of your wife.

Our grandkid is due 09 December. I am planning on going back for when it's due.

machineman
05-24-11, 10:53 am
Sorry to hear it. We will all keep our fingers crossed and pray for the safe arrival and safety of your wife.

Our grandkid is due 09 December. I am planning on going back for when it's due.

Thanks, brother. Much appreciated. I will do the same for your grandchild!!

Phil800101
05-26-11, 1:25 am
Sorry to hear that Bob...keeping your family in my thoughts and crossing my fingers as well.

Loomis
05-28-11, 8:30 am
thats awesome man! congrats, I'm sure your in for one hell of a ride!

machineman
05-28-11, 3:21 pm
Sorry to hear that Bob...keeping your family in my thoughts and crossing my fingers as well.

Thanks, Phil

thats awesome man! congrats, I'm sure your in for one hell of a ride!

Thanks, bro! It's been one hell of a ride so far. Actually looking forward to the "ride" being over and arriving at the gate!

Flash419
05-31-11, 7:57 am
Keeping a good thought for you bro..

Tough times now.. but will be all worth it when you hold that little girl in your arms. :-)

machineman
05-31-11, 11:37 am
Keeping a good thought for you bro..

Tough times now.. but will be all worth it when you hold that little girl in your arms. :-)

Thanks, bro. Getting down to crunch time!!

machineman
06-05-11, 2:18 pm
Well, things the past week have not gone too well. The mrs was fighting to keep her sugar under control. She is following the prescribed diet, taking her meds and everything else the doctors wanted her to do. But, the sugar was all over the map. This also has alot to do with her insulin resistance PCO. Girl can't catch a break. Late last week the docs adjusted her meds and she seems to be responding to it pretty well. Also this past week she has not been able to sleep for shit. She never said anything so I didn't know until late last night. This morning I got up and took the kids to church then went and got her some Tylenol PM. Came home, cooked her (and me!) some eggs and sent her off to bed with her meds and PM. She has been sleeping since about 11am. I am not getting her up anytime soon. I have a ton of stuff to do, but with the twins being done with school, she needs to rest today. The work will be there tomorrow.

The training took a back seat last week. Too much on my plate with working, running the house, running kids to baseball games...all that stuff. I am hoping to get back to training this week. I also felt I needed a break. Went swimming last weekend at the lake. With the water temp at 64 degrees, it really made my elbows hurt...badly. I figured that may be a sign to take a week off....so I did.

Anyway...that's it. Hope to...no, NEED to get back in the gym this week.

Phil800101
06-05-11, 3:32 pm
Sorry to hear that Bob, but glad to hear she is resting and that the meds seem to be working. I really respect the fact that you have all this on your plate and you handle it and do what needs to be done seemingly without complaint, not to mention that you have all your priorities in order and focus on what's really important. Admirable to say the least. Hope this week is better than the last.

machineman
07-05-11, 12:12 pm
Quick update.....the past few weeks have been rough. Not much training. Jodie was in the hospital all weekend. She is back again this morning. I think they may take the baby. Jodie is in a tremendous amount of pain. I have to get back to the hospital but I will post up more when I get home later and have a few more minutes.

GUNS
07-05-11, 2:42 pm
Good luck to you and your family man. Prayers are with you!

Little Z
07-05-11, 3:27 pm
Brother if yall need anything you call.. I'm sorry we havent had time to talk or keep in touch, but like I said, you call and I'm there..

mritter3
07-05-11, 4:31 pm
damn bob you guys got a lot going on....u need anything just call man....u know how to get a hold of me...keeping you and the family in my prayers.

DANO
07-05-11, 5:16 pm
Same here Bob...thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

machineman
07-05-11, 10:11 pm
Guys, I can't thank you enough.

Well, it ended up being her appendix. They had to take it out. The baby was left in the oven for the time being! the baby is fine and so is the mrs. I will head to work tomorrow unless something comes up tonight. I will check in on Momma and baby tomorrow after work. I will update again tomorrow. I am freakin beat right now.

Appreciate all the support and prayers.

God bless you all.

Flash419
07-06-11, 5:58 am
Keep us updated bro... your in our thoughts.

GUNS
07-07-11, 2:42 am
Guys, I can't thank you enough.

Well, it ended up being her appendix. They had to take it out. The baby was left in the oven for the time being! the baby is fine and so is the mrs. I will head to work tomorrow unless something comes up tonight. I will check in on Momma and baby tomorrow after work. I will update again tomorrow. I am freakin beat right now.

Appreciate all the support and prayers.

God bless you all.

Wow! Hope this will make her feel better. Man she is a trooper. Been through alot. Keep pushing on!

Phil800101
07-07-11, 3:10 pm
Glad to hear she and the baby are ok Bob.

machineman
07-07-11, 7:09 pm
Wow! Hope this will make her feel better. Man she is a trooper. Been through alot. Keep pushing on!

Thanks, brother. It has been a long past 12 months. Just can't wait for her to get back home. Hopefully we will have the baby in early August and she can get back on her feet. Once she does, she will start going to the gym more often. That will help her too. I hope to get back to training this coming week.

Glad to hear she and the baby are ok Bob.

Thanks, Phil.

mritter3
07-07-11, 10:07 pm
glad to hear everything went ok with the surgery and the baby...keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers bob.

machineman
07-08-11, 10:29 am
glad to hear everything went ok with the surgery and the baby...keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers bob.

Thanks, brother.

machineman
07-10-11, 9:05 pm
So, I finally get to post some good news in here. After Jodie had to have her appendix taken out on Tuesday, things were not going well this week. She started into labor last night at about 11:30. I got the call to come to the hospital. Once there, the doctors decided to bring the labor to a halt. NOT what we wanted. So after some blood tests came back, the doc decided it was time......

Mackenzie Anne was born at 2:46pm. She weighed in at 7lb 12oz and 20 inches long!!!!! She and momma are doing great. She was about 4 weeks early but nothing to worry about. The doctors were very surprised at how big she was. Jodie's doctor told her that if this pregnancy would have gone to term, Mackenzie would have been in the 10 - 12 pound range.....YIKES!!!!! But it is over now. Hopefully momma and Mac will come home on Wednesday.

I can't thank ALL of you enough for your prayers and support. It is what helped me through a lot of the mess we have been fighting for awhile.

God bless each of you and my Animal family. Pics to come in the next day or two!!!!

Firedrake
07-10-11, 10:05 pm
Many congratulations, bro! Through all the trouble she's gone through to get here, my not-so-little Mackenzie Anne have a blessed and wonderful life!

mritter3
07-10-11, 10:07 pm
congrats to you and your wife bob....happy that your little girl is here and safe...how is your wife feeling?

GUNS
07-10-11, 11:41 pm
Simply Awesome man. Once you get them home, things will be better and hopefully you all can get back to a somewhat normal life again. Thats an average size for a baby, but for 4 weeks early, wow. Congrats man!

Phil800101
07-11-11, 3:14 am
Congrats Bob! Glad to hear that mom and daughter are safe and well.

machineman
07-11-11, 8:55 am
Many congratulations, bro! Through all the trouble she's gone through to get here, my not-so-little Mackenzie Anne have a blessed and wonderful life!

Thanks, Jim!

congrats to you and your wife bob....happy that your little girl is here and safe...how is your wife feeling?

Thanks, Matt. Jodie actually feels better than before the c section. She really was not getting better from the apendectomy.

Simply Awesome man. Once you get them home, things will be better and hopefully you all can get back to a somewhat normal life again. Thats an average size for a baby, but for 4 weeks early, wow. Congrats man!

lol, thanks bro! I guess I don't have small kids!

Congrats Bob! Glad to hear that mom and daughter are safe and well.

Thanks, Phil.

machineman
07-12-11, 7:38 pm
Below is a link to pictures taken of Mackenzie at the hospital. Hopefully it works and everyone can view them.!!

http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?BirthId=3ab3e61e-cc7a-40f9-af90-d0ad7e594fbb

metfan
07-12-11, 8:14 pm
Congrats man, good to see you have a healthy baby and the wife is doing ok.

machineman
07-12-11, 8:21 pm
Congrats man, good to see you have a healthy baby and the wife is doing ok.

Thanks brother. It was very tense the past week or so. Glad it is over with and now we can move on!!!!

metfan
07-12-11, 9:14 pm
Thanks brother. It was very tense the past week or so. Glad it is over with and now we can move on!!!!

No doubt brother. Good luck in the coming weeks.

Still remember when my 1st daughter was born, Held her in the palm of my hand she was so tiny. Hard to believe almost 12 years have passed as that memory is still so fresh.

Flash419
07-12-11, 10:33 pm
Great news bro... glad to hear things are turning around for you and the family.

Congrats to you and the family!

Phil800101
07-12-11, 10:47 pm
She's beautiful Bob!

machineman
07-13-11, 12:30 pm
No doubt brother. Good luck in the coming weeks.

Still remember when my 1st daughter was born, Held her in the palm of my hand she was so tiny. Hard to believe almost 12 years have passed as that memory is still so fresh.

True that! Nothing as special as the birth of a new baby!!!

Great news bro... glad to hear things are turning around for you and the family.

Congrats to you and the family!

Thanks, Jeff. Been a very long road.

She's beautiful Bob!

Thanks, Phil. Thankfully she gets her looks from her momma!!

GUNS
07-13-11, 1:52 pm
Pictures are awesome man. Cool how they did them. Hopefully my grand kid will get the same treatment.

machineman
07-13-11, 2:36 pm
Pictures are awesome man. Cool how they did them. Hopefully my grand kid will get the same treatment.

Thanks bro. I hope they do too!

DANO
07-13-11, 11:29 pm
Wow Bob, she sure takes after you! She is gonna be a star in the WNBA for sure!! <grin> HUGE CONGRATS my brother!

wedge
07-14-11, 1:42 pm
Congrats MM. Glad to see everything is going good.

GUNS
07-15-11, 4:50 pm
Machineman, hope everything is going good man. I just found out my son is having a girl also. Her name will be Gracie. Gracie Guns!

machineman
07-15-11, 8:43 pm
Wow Bob, she sure takes after you! She is gonna be a star in the WNBA for sure!! <grin> HUGE CONGRATS my brother!

Thanks, DANO!!!! One can only hope!

Congrats MM. Glad to see everything is going good.

Thanks, wedge. Everything is good.

Machineman, hope everything is going good man. I just found out my son is having a girl also. Her name will be Gracie. Gracie Guns!

Congrats, my brother. My daughter's middle name is Grace! Good taste in names!!! Hope all goes well with their pregnancy.

machineman
10-21-11, 11:24 pm
Just went back through reading this last page.....may that was rough.

I will honestly say that I was not too happy when I first found out Jodie was pregnant. We already had 3 kids. One with, what I would call moderate, delays. We are shelling out almost as much in a year for her therapy as my wife would be making teaching. That alone has wiped out any savings we had. The cost of everything has gone up and we just don't and didn't really have the means for another child. After a couple of days, I just figured that I would let God take it over and we would figure it out. Well, we have. We are not living comfortably but at the same time, the bank is coming for out house. I still have a job, we have the house, we have food in the frig.....I guess what I am getting at is this is about perspective. Some people have it so much worse. The mrs and I will continue to help those in far worse condition than we are. We do alot of volunteer work in our neighborhood with people that just aren't making it. It kills me when I see a woman with kids that the father has walked out on.

As much as I wasn't too sure about having another child, I can say with all honesty that there isn't a day that goes by that I don't take a minute and thank God for her. She is already going on 4 months old. Damn, time is getting faster.....wish I could slow it down. Even if just for a while so I could enjoy the little things a little more.

GUNS
10-22-11, 12:45 am
Sucks about the house man. ANd you are completely right on with wishing it would slow down. I just dont know where the time went with mine. 20 and 22. Just dont even know. Enjoy evry monment you have with them. Time is short.

machineman
10-22-11, 10:16 am
Sorry....meant to say the bank is NOT coming for the house! Mind goes way faster than the fingers!!

That's the thing, Guns......I can't believe my oldest is going to be 9 in January. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's, work was hummin'. A slow week would be 55 hours. Got used to it and probably didn't take the time for the family I should have. Now, a busy week is 50 hours. The trade off is I get to spend much more time with the kids and the mrs.

Guns.....have you had the granddaughter yet? Hope all is well there brother!

GUNS
10-22-11, 12:16 pm
Whoo! Glad to hear your fingers messed that one up.

I understand fully. Being deployed so much, I do have the regrets of not being there for them. The wife and the kids. I was there when I could be, and we had fun while we were together. Thats what matters.

Not yet. She is due in Dec. Wish I could be there.

machineman
01-01-12, 12:25 am
Hey Guns. How's the fam???

I can't believe the baby is going to be 6 months old in the 10th. Time to get my shit squared away once again and get back to doing the work.....

GUNS
01-01-12, 1:31 am
Great man. The wife is over here and the new grand baby is awesome. She is beautiful. Workouts are going great. I posted aome pics and vids over on my page if you get time. Go back a few pages and youll see the new baby. Hows everything going on your end. I am sure you are busy. Just do what you can, try to get in and out quick, give yourself 30-45 minutes and thats all you need. Happy New Year Man!

machineman
01-01-12, 5:28 pm
Great man. The wife is over here and the new grand baby is awesome. She is beautiful. Workouts are going great. I posted aome pics and vids over on my page if you get time. Go back a few pages and youll see the new baby. Hows everything going on your end. I am sure you are busy. Just do what you can, try to get in and out quick, give yourself 30-45 minutes and thats all you need. Happy New Year Man!

Yea, super busy but I am making the time for myself now. It may be late and I may get a little less sleep but I gotta do me. I will def check out your pages in a few. Hit the gym earlier and need to EAT!!!!!

Great to hear everything is going well, brother!!

machineman
05-30-12, 2:48 pm
Been a minute since I updated this thread!

Let's see....Mackenzie will be 1 year old in July.....My oldest is 9 and the twins are 6.....Unfortunately, the youngest twin will not be moving on to 1st grade. She needs to repeat kindergarten. Not real happy about it but we think it is the right choice.

The mrs is doing very well these days. She runs a tight ship and makes sure everything is taken care of. Work is still slow. I am working on starting up my own machine shop. I have been here for 17 years now and think it is time. Still working on getting the business plan together so I can look for either a loan or investors.

Training has been going pretty well. Was up to my parents place for the holiday weekend and decided I was going to try to act like a kid again. Either popped some ribs from an old injury or broke them....not sure. But they are hurtin like hell today. Did get my OHP workout in on Monday but I think squats and deads may be out of the questions this week. Will know more tomorrow.

Other than that, just the same old shit. Kids are all in activities so our weeks are SUPER busy. The oldest is playing fast pitch softball and dancing with our local polish dance troupe, my boy is playing baseball and dancing with the troupe, the youngest twin is taking tumbling/gymnastics and dancing. The baby just looks at the boss and I like are fucking crazy and just goes along for the ride!!!!!

Till the next update......

Mr. Dead
05-30-12, 3:16 pm
Sounds like you've been keepin' busy, and keepin' on the grind... Hope the ribs heal with a quickness...!!!

Saeger
06-11-12, 8:46 am
Sounds like you got a good thing going and keeping mighty busy. Hope your ribs heal up quickly.

DANO
06-12-12, 2:14 pm
Been a minute since I updated this thread!

Let's see....Mackenzie will be 1 year old in July.....My oldest is 9 and the twins are 6.....Unfortunately, the youngest twin will not be moving on to 1st grade. She needs to repeat kindergarten. Not real happy about it but we think it is the right choice.

The mrs is doing very well these days. She runs a tight ship and makes sure everything is taken care of. Work is still slow. I am working on starting up my own machine shop. I have been here for 17 years now and think it is time. Still working on getting the business plan together so I can look for either a loan or investors.

Training has been going pretty well. Was up to my parents place for the holiday weekend and decided I was going to try to act like a kid again. Either popped some ribs from an old injury or broke them....not sure. But they are hurtin like hell today. Did get my OHP workout in on Monday but I think squats and deads may be out of the questions this week. Will know more tomorrow.

Other than that, just the same old shit. Kids are all in activities so our weeks are SUPER busy. The oldest is playing fast pitch softball and dancing with our local polish dance troupe, my boy is playing baseball and dancing with the troupe, the youngest twin is taking tumbling/gymnastics and dancing. The baby just looks at the boss and I like are fucking crazy and just goes along for the ride!!!!!

Till the next update......

I see some custom made lifting equipment in the future!! Best of luck Bob!

machineman
04-02-13, 3:39 pm
What is it going to take to change the essence of a man?

Love that quote from Steven Segal. As I sit here about to leave work and head home to the family, I can't help but think about this question. I have had some issues with others in my personal life. To the point that I will no longer tolerate their personal attacks. I have tossed aside a "friend" from when we were kids. Out of the blue, this jackass start talking smack. None of it makes sense and it was ALL personal shit that he didn't have a clue about. Then there is family. Sometimes, I would rather make my family than have to deal with the a-holes in mine. That is why I hang out here, at the FORVM. I know I disappear at times. That's just life sticking it's damned head into my business! But those that have followed me long enough know what it priority #1 in my life. My wife and kids. Why do people have to belittle others? I really don't get it. If you have something to say, stop over. Be a MAN and talk to me about your insecurities. Don't take to social media and spew shit. I have family that I will no longer talk to for this very reason. They don't get it. It's always about somebody else. It's always someone else's problem. Or it's "I have it worse than you". Really? Just live your life and leave us the hell alone.

The mrs has started a new diet and training program. This is leading to other things that I will not discuss here. I don't know if it would be against the rules or not, but I can't wait to see the look on some peoples faces in a few months time. She will look like a new person. Some of you know that she has battled her whole life with weight issues. It's from underlying medical conditions (PCOS to be exact) that we have not been able to get a handle on this. She took it upon herself to seek some medical help. I have been going to doctors visits with her and talking to various people that are involved with her. She is in very capable hands. They are able to do something for her that I never could. They are actually getting her in the gym 3 days a week. They have her on an aggressive diet. It is extreme to say the least. But it's what she needs now. I cannot be more proud of her than I am right now. She has taken over the drivers seat on the bus and is kicking fat's ass to the curb. The next few months are going to bring immense change to her, us and our whole family. In 1 years time, she will be back to what she weighed in high school. All I am doing is providing the support and the babysitting service!!! Over the next few months, I may post up some updates on how she is doing. Just in case anyone is interested!!!!!!

The shop idea is still in the works, albeit smaller than what I was hoping for. 7 figures was a bit ambitious to start! Just have to start small and get bigger. Just like the gym. You start small, but put the time and effort into it, and the gains are imeasurable.

Other than that, ordered 10 pounds of RG and Pak the other day. Can't wait for that to get here. Time to as some size to this little guy!

DANO
04-12-13, 12:51 pm
What is it going to take to change the essence of a man?

Love that quote from Steven Segal. As I sit here about to leave work and head home to the family, I can't help but think about this question. I have had some issues with others in my personal life. To the point that I will no longer tolerate their personal attacks. I have tossed aside a "friend" from when we were kids. Out of the blue, this jackass start talking smack. None of it makes sense and it was ALL personal shit that he didn't have a clue about. Then there is family. Sometimes, I would rather make my family than have to deal with the a-holes in mine. That is why I hang out here, at the FORVM. I know I disappear at times. That's just life sticking it's damned head into my business! But those that have followed me long enough know what it priority #1 in my life. My wife and kids. Why do people have to belittle others? I really don't get it. If you have something to say, stop over. Be a MAN and talk to me about your insecurities. Don't take to social media and spew shit. I have family that I will no longer talk to for this very reason. They don't get it. It's always about somebody else. It's always someone else's problem. Or it's "I have it worse than you". Really? Just live your life and leave us the hell alone.

The mrs has started a new diet and training program. This is leading to other things that I will not discuss here. I don't know if it would be against the rules or not, but I can't wait to see the look on some peoples faces in a few months time. She will look like a new person. Some of you know that she has battled her whole life with weight issues. It's from underlying medical conditions (PCOS to be exact) that we have not been able to get a handle on this. She took it upon herself to seek some medical help. I have been going to doctors visits with her and talking to various people that are involved with her. She is in very capable hands. They are able to do something for her that I never could. They are actually getting her in the gym 3 days a week. They have her on an aggressive diet. It is extreme to say the least. But it's what she needs now. I cannot be more proud of her than I am right now. She has taken over the drivers seat on the bus and is kicking fat's ass to the curb. The next few months are going to bring immense change to her, us and our whole family. In 1 years time, she will be back to what she weighed in high school. All I am doing is providing the support and the babysitting service!!! Over the next few months, I may post up some updates on how she is doing. Just in case anyone is interested!!!!!!

The shop idea is still in the works, albeit smaller than what I was hoping for. 7 figures was a bit ambitious to start! Just have to start small and get bigger. Just like the gym. You start small, but put the time and effort into it, and the gains are imeasurable.

Other than that, ordered 10 pounds of RG and Pak the other day. Can't wait for that to get here. Time to as some size to this little guy!

I just caught this... I know what you are talking about. I have very few friends anymore, because my family life is first and formost.

Congrats to your wife for getting into the gym! and good luck in your endevors Bob!

machineman
04-15-13, 11:52 am
Thanks, Dano!

Feeling better after my spastic sneeze last week. How is it I can road race a motorcycle, train 5+ years in Japanese Combat Jujitsu and not suffer any injuries but I can't f'in sneeze while at work without injury? Talk about PO'ed! Oh well, guess it's all part of the journey.

NWSaint
04-16-13, 6:33 am
Thanks, Dano!

Feeling better after my spastic sneeze last week. How is it I can road race a motorcycle, train 5+ years in Japanese Combat Jujitsu and not suffer any injuries but I can't f'in sneeze while at work without injury? Talk about PO'ed! Oh well, guess it's all part of the journey.

MM!!

Ohhhhhh so true!

But NEVER forget that the heart of a true champion, that which sets us apart from the masses, is our ability to not only recover but to keep battling, and to keep going when the ordinary man would give up... that's why we're here! ... good to cya get'n back to it... Now, get back in the "training" forVm and make it happen!

NW.

machineman
04-23-13, 7:25 am
MM!!

Ohhhhhh so true!

But NEVER forget that the heart of a true champion, that which sets us apart from the masses, is our ability to not only recover but to keep battling, and to keep going when the ordinary man would give up... that's why we're here! ... good to cya get'n back to it... Now, get back in the "training" forVm and make it happen!

NW.

Thanks bro!

machineman
06-17-13, 1:18 pm
So, it's been a minute since I have posted. Lots of things have changed. Heading back to the hospital as the mrs has a procedure done. Everything is good. Was an elective procedure to help put her on a path that will make her much healthier. And me as well. She will be home tomorrow. This week will mark my return to the gym after a while away. It was needed and I will be switching gears upon my return. Lose some fluff and move toward a BB routine. Will still have some heavy weeks here and there but gotta do some cardio. Looking forward to the pain of training again. Will post more later. Gotta run!

DANO
06-17-13, 3:24 pm
So, it's been a minute since I have posted. Lots of things have changed. Heading back to the hospital as the mrs has a procedure done. Everything is good. Was an elective procedure to help put her on a path that will make her much healthier. And me as well. She will be home tomorrow. This week will mark my return to the gym after a while away. It was needed and I will be switching gears upon my return. Lose some fluff and move toward a BB routine. Will still have some heavy weeks here and there but gotta do some cardio. Looking forward to the pain of training again. Will post more later. Gotta run!

glad all is good! can't wait to see you back!

machineman
11-15-13, 5:32 am
So, the procedure the mrs had done was bariatric surgery. We had exhausted all other avenues and this was 100% her call. I will always have her back no matter what. She had the surgery on June 17 and so far to date has lost 76.5 pounds. She is taking a Zumba class right now and she is really enjoying watching the weight fall off. This has been a huge change for us. She is such a hard worker and I love seeing her happy about the road she is on.

We found out last night that she has fibroid tumors (non cancerous) that need to be dealt with. There is a procedure she is going to try but it will be 6 months before we know if it worked or not. If not, she will have to have a hysterectomy next summer. Just another bump in the road. She doesn't want to do that now as it will derail her weight loss. We are pushing for 100 pounds gone by Christmas. With her new class and changing her routine, I think we can make it. By next June, she hopes to be down about 140 pounds. This will put her back to the weight she was when we first met in 1993.

The kids are doing well. We are realizing that the youngest has quite a few of the same issues as one of the twins. ADHD, sensory integration issues, food texture issues.....the whole lot. She is in therapy 2 or 3 days a week working on these issues.

The oldest is almost as tall as the mrs already! I can't believe how tall she is and how mature she is getting. She isn't my little girl anymore. She is growing up into a young woman. I can't decide if I like it or not!!!!!!

The twins will be 8 in February. That is just amazing to me. It seems like they were just born not that long ago. Time flies by and when you stop to look at it, so much as happened that it's hard to believe it has been that long already.

Me.....still here doing the same thing. Working to give my kids the best I can and be the best I can. Some days I succeed. Some days I fail. I try to be the best I can everyday. Those days in which I fail, I know tomorrow is another day and I get up and do it all over again.

DANO
11-15-13, 11:32 am
So, the procedure the mrs had done was bariatric surgery. We had exhausted all other avenues and this was 100% her call. I will always have her back no matter what. She had the surgery on June 17 and so far to date has lost 76.5 pounds. She is taking a Zumba class right now and she is really enjoying watching the weight fall off. This has been a huge change for us. She is such a hard worker and I love seeing her happy about the road she is on.

We found out last night that she has fibroid tumors (non cancerous) that need to be dealt with. There is a procedure she is going to try but it will be 6 months before we know if it worked or not. If not, she will have to have a hysterectomy next summer. Just another bump in the road. She doesn't want to do that now as it will derail her weight loss. We are pushing for 100 pounds gone by Christmas. With her new class and changing her routine, I think we can make it. By next June, she hopes to be down about 140 pounds. This will put her back to the weight she was when we first met in 1993.

The kids are doing well. We are realizing that the youngest has quite a few of the same issues as one of the twins. ADHD, sensory integration issues, food texture issues.....the whole lot. She is in therapy 2 or 3 days a week working on these issues.

The oldest is almost as tall as the mrs already! I can't believe how tall she is and how mature she is getting. She isn't my little girl anymore. She is growing up into a young woman. I can't decide if I like it or not!!!!!!

The twins will be 8 in February. That is just amazing to me. It seems like they were just born not that long ago. Time flies by and when you stop to look at it, so much as happened that it's hard to believe it has been that long already.

Me.....still here doing the same thing. Working to give my kids the best I can and be the best I can. Some days I succeed. Some days I fail. I try to be the best I can everyday. Those days in which I fail, I know tomorrow is another day and I get up and do it all over again.

Awesome brother! Congrats to the wife on the weight loss! Time just seems to fly by doesn't it?
...And any day you get to get up and see your kids smiling up at you is a day you succeed!

machineman
11-15-13, 11:59 am
Awesome brother! Congrats to the wife on the weight loss! Time just seems to fly by doesn't it?
...And any day you get to get up and see your kids smiling up at you is a day you succeed!

True that, brother.

machineman
03-02-15, 6:43 am
It is with a heavy heart I post this morning......

I don't know if people remember shizz702. He helped me when I first started here. His name was Sean Roche. He lived in Las Vegas. He was recently married and him and his wife had a beautiful baby girl. I logged on Facebook this morning only to find out he passed away. I don't know what happened. I certainly don't know why. This man loved his family more than anything. He lived for them. I cannot believe he is gone. I talked to Sean via FB once in awhile. We both had so much going on, I only wish I had the chance to talk to him more. People come and go. Very few make the impact he did on the lives of others. I hope his family finds peace in this heartbreaking time.......RIP Sean.

DANO
03-02-15, 1:56 pm

I don't know if people remember shizz702. He helped me when I first started here. His name was Sean Roche. He lived in Las Vegas. He was recently married and him and his wife had a beautiful baby girl. I logged on Facebook this morning only to find out he passed away. I don't know what happened. I certainly don't know why. This man loved his family more than anything. He lived for them. I cannot believe he is gone. I talked to Sean via FB once in awhile. We both had so much going on, I only wish I had the chance to talk to him more. People come and go. Very few make the impact he did on the lives of others. I hope his family finds peace in this heartbreaking time.......RIP Sean.

Aw hell, that sucks... I remember him always posting good advice, and always uplifting.
Sorry for the loss.

Brick By Brick
03-10-15, 12:27 pm

I became friends with Sean on the Forvm in 2007, saw him grow from a scrappy young man training in his teeny garage, living in an apartment, to a grown man with a family, great job, and a very bright future ahead of him. I'll never forget sending him the redwood boards to make a board press combo after we built our deck lol! He was a great man, I miss him. His passing is what brought me back to the boards, though I never quit lifting. RIP Sean. See you in Valhalla, brother.

Psycho77
04-30-15, 3:52 pm

So sad to read this. Going through my Journey, I can always depend on Shizz for tips and advices that he gives, and the words of encouragement that he provides. Everything happens for a reason, as they say, but I can't fathom why someone would be taken with so much of life to live. We only interactive on the Forum but looking back, I wish I could have know him better. Rest in peace, my friend!

machineman
04-09-20, 9:20 pm
Well, here we go again!

Been a minute since I've been here.

Life.....it is what it is. Since I was here last, I've started not only a new job, but a new career. I left tool and die (and automotive) and started a new career in the nuclear field. It was time for a change. Actually, being completely honest, it was long overdue. I hung around for something that wasn't meant to be. Hoping and working for something that was never going to be mine. That's cool. I found something better.

Which leads me to another idea/phrase that I have been thinking of lately. Maybe it's why I'm here now (or it could be I am working 1600-0400 and can actually get on here and get paid for it!!). Not sure. But the phrase is this.....I truly feel we end up where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there.

Looking at the job I have now, I could look at it and say "Oh, man, if I had this job 20 years ago, where would I be". But I believe that is pointless. We are where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there. I had a lot of good times and memories from the old job. Sure, it got to be where I hated and dreaded going to work, but we change. We adapt and we overcome. This new job? It's great. I work with really great people. People from all walks of life. From 30 years olf to mid 60's. But we get along and we have fun doing what we get paid to do. And they do pay us well. So, with that comes the "what if" trap. Something I won't let myself get caught up in.

Time flies, man. The older you get the faster it goes. Kids are now 17, 14, 14 and 8. The wife and I will be married 21 years this summer, been together 27 years.

Anywho....thanks for reading the ramblings!! I'm sure there will be more to come!!!!!

Night all

Bean
04-10-20, 11:46 am
Glad to see a brother back

Altered Beast
04-10-20, 1:48 pm
More ramblings are welcome! Very happy to see folks coming back.

machineman
04-10-20, 4:59 pm
Glad to see a brother back

Working on it. One day at a time....

More ramblings are welcome! Very happy to see folks coming back.

Thanks, AB. Been a minute. Just trying to get back into the swing of things.

machineman
04-15-20, 10:49 pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I am so sick and tired of this covid19 stuff. Who do you believe? Are people abusing their power for their own selfish gains? All I know is Ohio's governor, I feel, has done the best he can do with trying to balance everyone's needs. Is it perfect? No. I don't think there is a perfect solution to this problem. I say let's get this thing under control and move on. What does that look like? I have no idea. No idea how long this will go on. I won't complain too much as I am still working. I left automotive 2 years ago and it was the best decision I've made. Currently working in electrical generation means I have an "essential" job. Which that title in and of itself is very amusing to me and the guys in the shop. But that is a story for another time.

I'm thankful the plant has a pretty bad ass gym on the property that we have free access to. They encourage us to use it. To make ourselves better through exercise. Should have started when I first hired in, but it is what it is.

Let's look forward to the day when we are all out and about and life has returned to "normal". I do know that our new normal after this is all over will be different than what it was before. I won't allow some of the time draws to be reintroduced afterward. Meaning, more family time, more board games....more fun and less stressing out about laundry, dishes or kids rooms. If anything, this should hopefully show people that we need less in our lives, not more.

And WTF.....snowing here today.....Like it couldn't have snowed during the damned winter? Well, it is NW Ohio. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

Peace....

Bean
04-16-20, 11:34 am
I hear you... I am ready to get back to normal. We make due with what we have. Super stoked for you that you have access to a gym....people don't realize how healthy it is to workout right now, not only for the body but for the mind. Keep it going.

machineman
04-16-20, 5:03 pm
I hear you... I am ready to get back to normal. We make due with what we have. Super stoked for you that you have access to a gym....people don't realize how healthy it is to workout right now, not only for the body but for the mind. Keep it going.

Thanks, brother. Just taking one day at a time. At least I am still working. I don't know that I could be cooped up in the house all day everyday. Granted swing shift sucks. But it beats the alternative.....

Preston
04-17-20, 12:15 pm
I don't know about anyone else, but I am so sick and tired of this covid19 stuff. Who do you believe? Are people abusing their power for their own selfish gains? All I know is Ohio's governor, I feel, has done the best he can do with trying to balance everyone's needs. Is it perfect? No. I don't think there is a perfect solution to this problem. I say let's get this thing under control and move on. What does that look like? I have no idea. No idea how long this will go on. I won't complain too much as I am still working. I left automotive 2 years ago and it was the best decision I've made. Currently working in electrical generation means I have an "essential" job. Which that title in and of itself is very amusing to me and the guys in the shop. But that is a story for another time.

I'm thankful the plant has a pretty bad ass gym on the property that we have free access to. They encourage us to use it. To make ourselves better through exercise. Should have started when I first hired in, but it is what it is.

Let's look forward to the day when we are all out and about and life has returned to "normal". I do know that our new normal after this is all over will be different than what it was before. I won't allow some of the time draws to be reintroduced afterward. Meaning, more family time, more board games....more fun and less stressing out about laundry, dishes or kids rooms. If anything, this should hopefully show people that we need less in our lives, not more.

And WTF.....snowing here today.....Like it couldn't have snowed during the damned winter? Well, it is NW Ohio. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

Peace....

I'm hoping like you are that more people are humbled by this and see what's actually important in their lives. Maybe this will ground some people and bring them back to earth? Speaking of snow - we got 6" today, of those 6" three of them are now melting thanks to 40* weather. lol

machineman
04-17-20, 5:57 pm
I'm hoping like you are that more people are humbled by this and see what's actually important in their lives. Maybe this will ground some people and bring them back to earth? Speaking of snow - we got 6" today, of those 6" three of them are now melting thanks to 40* weather. lol

I would hope so, but I also know humanity.
Snowed most of the day here, a little stuck on the grass but just made everything wet. 50's this weekend!!

Altered Beast
04-20-20, 1:57 pm

Don't count on it. With 25 million out of a job things will get desperate soon for many. It's almost as if these state governments are trying to incite riots.

Thank the LORD our Governor is a smart man!

Cellardweller
04-20-20, 2:17 pm
Don't count on it. With 25 million out of a job things will get desperate soon for many. It's almost as if these state governments are trying to incite riots.

Thank the LORD our Governor is a smart man!

Desperate is when you can’t breathe and you’re gulping for air. Desperate is when your family rolls up to the hospital and you need to get extracted from the car and whisked into the trauma room while your family has to stay outside in the car crying. Desperate is having the nurse Skype with your family as you get terminally weened off the ventilator because there’s no cure and you can’t bounce back. Only a stranger, a nurse is there to hold your hand as you pass. Thats desperate.

I understand people are out of work right now, but you can’t have your cake and eat it too. This shit is bad or they wouldn’t have shut everything down to begin with. The government isn’t handling things well. People should get a forbearance on their mortgage and bills. The banks will still collect interest but people won’t struggle and fear for their homes. There was no plan in place. No preparation. Denial even. It’s absurd.

Altered Beast
04-20-20, 2:34 pm
Desperate is when you can’t breathe and you’re gulping for air. Desperate is when your family rolls up to the hospital and you need to get extracted from the car and whisked into the trauma room while your family has to stay outside in the car crying. Desperate is having the nurse Skype with your family as you get terminally weened off the ventilator because there’s no cure and you can’t bounce back. Only a stranger, a nurse is there to hold your hand as you pass. Thats desperate.

I understand people are out of work right now, but you can’t have your cake and eat it too. This shit is bad or they wouldn’t have shut everything down to begin with. The government isn’t handling things well. People should get a forbearance on their mortgage and bills. The banks will still collect interest but people won’t struggle and fear for their homes. There was no plan in place. No preparation. Denial even. It’s absurd.

I hear you! Just saying that it's going to get worse whether we like it or not.

Definitely not in Michigan! A big time famous Constitutional Attorney/Trail Lawyer, Robert Barnes is suing your horribly corrupt governor on a variety of charges. She's basically declared Marshal Law in your state even though she doesn't have those powers via the Constitution.

Cellardweller
04-20-20, 5:31 pm
I honestly haven’t witnessed or heard of any of her restrictions being enforced. People are out everywhere. On Easter my street was full of cars. I have not heard of anyone being stopped at night and questioned about why they are out. No arrests. Nothing.

Psycho77
02-13-21, 4:45 am
Well, here we go again!

Been a minute since I've been here.

Life.....it is what it is. Since I was here last, I've started not only a new job, but a new career. I left tool and die (and automotive) and started a new career in the nuclear field. It was time for a change. Actually, being completely honest, it was long overdue. I hung around for something that wasn't meant to be. Hoping and working for something that was never going to be mine. That's cool. I found something better.

Which leads me to another idea/phrase that I have been thinking of lately. Maybe it's why I'm here now (or it could be I am working 1600-0400 and can actually get on here and get paid for it!!). Not sure. But the phrase is this.....I truly feel we end up where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there.

Looking at the job I have now, I could look at it and say "Oh, man, if I had this job 20 years ago, where would I be". But I believe that is pointless. We are where we are supposed to be when we are supposed to be there. I had a lot of good times and memories from the old job. Sure, it got to be where I hated and dreaded going to work, but we change. We adapt and we overcome. This new job? It's great. I work with really great people. People from all walks of life. From 30 years olf to mid 60's. But we get along and we have fun doing what we get paid to do. And they do pay us well. So, with that comes the "what if" trap. Something I won't let myself get caught up in.

Time flies, man. The older you get the faster it goes. Kids are now 17, 14, 14 and 8. The wife and I will be married 21 years this summer, been together 27 years.

Anywho....thanks for reading the ramblings!! I'm sure there will be more to come!!!!!

Night all

Glad to see that things are working out for you in the nuclear field. Sometimes change gives us opportunities for growth that we didnt think we need or consider in the past. Must be cool to work in the nuclear field. We don't have any reactors in my country, we just have too much corruption going on that if we built one, it would probably be built from tin foil and concrete. I'm fascinated by gauges and buttons and lights and switches thats why when I watch movies showing the control room, gives me the fizz.

I hope that we can get back to "normal' soon. Pressure sure it won't be the same as the old but hope it will be somehow better. See you around.