PDA

View Full Version : Training requirements for women

Wreck
12-26-10, 10:01 pm
Fellas,

I'm very knowledgeable when is comes to lifting and dieting for myself. However, I'm trying to put my mom and girlfriend on a training and diet program (separate programs of coarse). I'm looking for some info on specific needs of women when is comes to lifting and dieting and how their training differs from males. I don't know a lot about women and training or if there is even really a difference. I have heard things such as resistance training is better than cardio for reducing body fat in women (opposite in men). Any input or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

dannynb
12-27-10, 12:39 am
Fellas,

I'm very knowledgeable when is comes to lifting and dieting for myself. However, I'm trying to put my mom and girlfriend on a training and diet program (separate programs of coarse). I'm looking for some info on specific needs of women when is comes to lifting and dieting and how their training differs from males. I don't know a lot about women and training or if there is even really a difference. I have heard things such as resistance training is better than cardio for reducing body fat in women (opposite in men). Any input or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Depending on health issues, medical history, experience also their individual goals, just like men, a proper mix of resistance training, cardio, DIET, and some supplementation is what will work. Moderate to heavy weight, reps between 10-15, basic compound and isolation movements will work. Again, it's hard to be extremely specific without knowing more about the client.

suicidegripme
12-28-10, 12:40 pm
Depending on health issues, medical history, experience also their individual goals, just like men, a proper mix of resistance training, cardio, DIET, and some supplementation is what will work. Moderate to heavy weight, reps between 10-15, basic compound and isolation movements will work. Again, it's hard to be extremely specific without knowing more about the client.

This x2. Most women are afraid of "bulking up" even though for a female this is very difficult. OP, they might be interested in circuit training, seems to be the biggest push in the fitness industry lately. One trainer at my gym always says, guys like to lift heavy sh*t, girls to like to break a sweat, you gotta cater to thier likes/desires. Ask them what interests them about the fitness world, not everyone wants to be a bodybuilder/fitness competitor. There are tons of ways to build a great body.

zubda345
12-31-10, 2:26 pm
Know their goals, ask them how they want to look. Actually a girl should train just like a boy, The difference is in the goals, If they only want to b fit n active, Make them train light, n a good amount of cardio + a healthy diet. That is all I will say here...

BryanSmash!
12-31-10, 8:43 pm
Something you should keep your eye on:
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/considerations-for-training-females/