PDA

View Full Version : nitro instead of post workout protein shake?

pup
12-29-10, 5:55 pm
hey brothers,

Ive been taking animal nitro straight after my workouts then ive been waiting another half hour before I take my post workout shake which is WPI/WPC blend and Storm. My question is that ive already taken all the essential amino acids in Nitro is that protein shake really necessary? Would I be better off just having my storm by itself?

Cheers for the info brothers

Pup

mass3011
12-29-10, 6:07 pm
hey brothers,

Ive been taking animal nitro straight after my workouts then ive been waiting another half hour before I take my post workout shake which is WPI/WPC blend and Storm. My question is that ive already taken all the essential amino acids in Nitro is that protein shake really necessary? Would I be better off just having my storm by itself?

Cheers for the info brothers

Pup

r u dieting bro?

pup
12-29-10, 6:26 pm
bout to hit my first keto brother

C.Coronato
12-30-10, 9:42 am
I have both, no problems there. Nitro plus Torrent immediately post.

J-Dawg
12-30-10, 9:51 am
The key is to supply your body with a steady flow of nutrients post-workout. Nitro is pure free-form aminos which get into the system quickly for an anabolic spike, however, it's important to continue to supply the body with other macronutrients (pro/cho) after having consumed Nitro PWO as well.

Aggression
12-30-10, 10:06 am
My postWO for a few months now has been the following:

1 scoop EAA Nitro
1 scoop CARB Max (SportPharma)

no protein. I eat a whole food meal about an hour later. I haven't noticed anything negative when not consuming a protein shake postWO. In fact, I've seen an increase in strength and lean mass. BUT, having said that, doing the above would not be 'keto-friendly'.

MRmichael.hooker
12-30-10, 12:37 pm
The key is to supply your body with a steady flow of nutrients post-workout. Nitro is pure free-form aminos which get into the system quickly for an anabolic spike, however, it's important to continue to supply the body with other macronutrients (pro/cho) after having consumed Nitro PWO as well.

For a while i've done nitro immediately post, then shower/dress etc, then do a shake, then wait about 45mins-1hr and have a solid meal. Has worked really well for me. Follows right under what J Dawg stated above, having a steady flow of nutrients. A lot of guys also use Nitro prew.o too

Razor
12-30-10, 5:22 pm
I do both as well bro. Nitro immediately post, then 30 mins later Shake, then 30 mins later whole food.

pup
12-31-10, 9:40 pm
Ive already been doing that. I train have nitro straight away, wait half hour then have my post workout shake which is one scoop of storm and two of wpi/wpc. Then another half hour and some chicken or steak and salad. Its good to hear that im on the right track. Cheers for all the info brothers

Pup

widdlewade44
12-31-10, 9:49 pm
I take Nitro followed by Torrent with a scoop of Gain Fast (protein) within 30-45 minutes of taking Nitro.

As suggested I would take in some additional protein post workout along with a meal as soon as possible.

If you're headed in the keto direction you just have to watch your carb intake.

Kevin
widdlewade44

pup
12-31-10, 9:53 pm
So after I have my protein shake i dont really have to wait 30-45 minutes before my whole food meal?

widdlewade44
12-31-10, 9:58 pm
So after I have my protein shake i dont really have to wait 30-45 minutes before my whole food meal?

It's up to you and how your body responds to the nutrient intake. If you need it and can process it, eat up.

Each one of us is different and here is a time when the mirror speaks no lies.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Littlefry
01-04-11, 7:04 pm
I pop my nitro immediately post workout. Than approx 20-25mins later I have a shake. It really depends on how your body responds.

dannynb
01-04-11, 7:10 pm
For me.....

Bulking, nitro immediately after my workout, Torrent 15-20 minutes later, paypal meal 30-45 minutes after that.

Cutting- nitro immediately pwo, meal within 20-30 minutes.

That's been working for me so far.