PDA

View Full Version : While Cutting, Brown vs. White!

zubda345
12-31-10, 2:47 pm
Ok Now, here is a thing I've been on for a while! While cutting Brown rice is always a good source of Carbohydrates. but what If a person has to eat white rice, though they have low quantity of Carbs in them. I mean I usually have my carbohydrates from other things. (AND MORE CARBS MAKES A PERSON FAT WHICH I DON'T WANT TO B WHILE I AM ON A CUTT) If I have to eat rice, Can I eat white rice they also have low quantity of Carbs n fats then Brown rice.

But whites also have Low quantity of Protein in them...

Brown::
Carbohydrates 77.24 g
Fat 2.92 g
Protein 7.94 g

White::
Carbohydrates 28.59 g
Fat 0.21 g
Protein 2.38 g

ontheEDGE
12-31-10, 7:02 pm
Dedication is a good thing dont get me wrong. Your really over thinking it though. Not trying to offend you just that you need to hear it if your that worried about sometimes eating white rice over brown. Just do the best you can and you'll be fine.

shizz702
12-31-10, 8:29 pm
Why are you cutting?

At 18 you should just focus on getting as massive as possible for the next few years and do what you can to keep relatively lean.

zubda345
01-01-11, 12:18 pm
Dedication is a good thing dont get me wrong. Your really over thinking it though. Not trying to offend you just that you need to hear it if your that worried about sometimes eating white rice over brown. Just do the best you can and you'll be fine.

I guess I do think alot, but still I wanted to know thoughts of others...

Why are you cutting?

At 18 you should just focus on getting as massive as possible for the next few years and do what you can to keep relatively lean.

Yes, I should just get big as much as I want. N I want to get big starting now... But Look at my universal USA profile pic, U will see that I have some percentage of BF in me I want to reduce.

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/zubda345

Another thing, I want to get big but I dont... I know I should eat like I am bulking.... But If I eat more, My tummy feels heavy N makes me feel I m getting fat, If I eat like I m cutting I don't get big....

Actually I want to reduce my belly as well as Increase my muscles...
If Any of u out there can give me a model or an outlook/outline of how I should eat I can plan my meals....

At present, I just don't let my self starve.....

BarbellManiac
01-01-11, 2:19 pm
I guess I do think alot, but still I wanted to know thoughts of others...

Yes, I should just get big as much as I want. N I want to get big starting now... But Look at my universal USA profile pic, U will see that I have some percentage of BF in me I want to reduce.

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/zubda345

Another thing, I want to get big but I dont... I know I should eat like I am bulking.... But If I eat more, My tummy feels heavy N makes me feel I m getting fat, If I eat like I m cutting I don't get big....

Actually I want to reduce my belly as well as Increase my muscles...
If Any of u out there can give me a model or an outlook/outline of how I should eat I can plan my meals....

At present, I just don't let my self starve.....

You know, I was just like you. The food doesn't make you fat if you eat clean food. And no bodybuilder in this world has ever not been fat, in order to put on quality muscle, you need to gain a little fat. You can focus on eating a lot of clean food (a lot!) and do your cardio to shed a little fat and stay within the 10% bodyfat range which is perfect for bulking.

zubda345
01-01-11, 2:26 pm
You know, I was just like you. The food doesn't make you fat if you eat clean food. And no bodybuilder in this world has ever not been fat, in order to put on quality muscle, you need to gain a little fat. You can focus on eating a lot of clean food (a lot!) and do your cardio to shed a little fat and stay within the 10% bodyfat range which is perfect for bulking.

Nice N really nice to hear that some one was like me before.... Ok so, Clean food right. I have a BF of 14% at present. Can U give an example of meals u take while r bulking? N the main problem is that when I eat I feel heavy, and this case matters more when I have to do nothing after the gym... N I just eat n starve n feel heavy again!

BarbellManiac
01-01-11, 3:02 pm
When bulking you should always feel kinda full. Stick to whole eggs, Red Meat, Chicken, Brown Rice (or white, don't put too much emphasis on brown vs white), Oatmeal. All these foods work great for bulking. Do cardio maybe 2-3 times a week, Cardio will not only help you burn that fat off, it will increase your endurance for exercises like Squats, Deadlifts and make you rest less between sets. As long as you don't kill yourself doing cardio and burn a crap load of calories, you should be fine. Just eat a lot! That's the key, Consistency with diet!

zubda345
01-01-11, 3:18 pm
OK I'll give it a go!

IronWilson
01-01-11, 5:47 pm
There is not much difference between white rice and brown rice once you factor in the other foods you eat with it in the meal. Go ahead and eat the white rice.

conjugalburns
01-01-11, 6:51 pm
OK I'll give it a go!

good to hear dude! I don't like having a lot of fat on me either but trust these guys, just keep forcing the food down and pounding those weights and you get big

shizz702
01-01-11, 8:39 pm
This post by DC forever changed my views on "bulking" and "cutting"

Cutter, Bulker, Cutting, Bulking-WHAT A CROCK OF BULLSHIT

-DOGGCRAPP-

If i never hear these words again in my life it will be too soon. I cringe everytime i hear someone (straight from bb.com) say "im coming off a bulker and now im doing a cutter"..What the hell is that?..that is the most idiotic concept ever! So what your doing is taking 2 steps forward for 4 months and then 1.5 steps backward for 4 months and repeating over and over? Talk about a waste of valuable time! Half your freaking year is gone to hell because your cutting for half of it and gaining no muscle. How bout a novel concept for you? How bout getting dramatically larger over time with huge food (protein) intake and super heavy training but adhering to carb cuttoffs and doing cardio (for increasing hunger and keeping bodyfat at bay reasons) so that you stay lean!!!!!!!!!! Gee whiz, might that be a better way?!

Bulker: An Excuse to become a fat **** for the sake of beleiving your putting on muscle mass to others and yourself (and you probably are but at a 50/50 ratio of muscle to fat--wow thats awesome!)

Cutter: 3-5 months of wasted muscle building time (trust me youll be building very little muscle mass during this) in the quest of turning yourself back from a fat slob you turned yourself into to someone presentable.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Your 200lbs, eat like a 250lb guy to get freakshow bigger, and train like a rhino with heavy weights to get larger but also do everything in your power (green tea, cardio, carb cuttoffs) to keep at a bodyfat percentage that your proud of or can live with. This is all about turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace!

If you do bulking and cutting for the next 2 years and with all those "cutting cycles" adding up to a years time, guess what you just gave up a year of lifting--one year of nonexistant muscle mass accumalation. Thats like lifting for the next 6 years and you only get 3 years of productivity out of it. See the problem is, alot of people try to stay lean year round while also tryng their hardest to put on muscle mass and they do it all wrong. They eat like a 190lber trying to get to 250lbs and think that--by some miracle that will get them there. This is all about becomeing a food processing machine here. Take in a surplus (protein/food), create a demand to put on muscle (seriously heavy lifting/DC training) and then taking care of excesses and burning them off (carb cuttoffs/cardio/thermogenisis)----eating and training like a 300lbs offseason behemoth but doing everything else in your power to be that guy walking around at 7-14% bodyfat (whatever floats your boat)....See its not that hard, just think it out....but most of all dont waste your freaking time taking 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps backward....this is about constant forward progress. If I hear anyone say "cutter" or "bulker" again on this board, you get the official title of "bodybuilding.com guy", like a scarlet letter.

This is constant bulking and cutting at the same time and you dont forsake one for the other unless your competing for a show.
You turn yourself into a machine and you keep that machine evolving. Does anyone in this forum actually beleive that if you are 200lbs and doing cardio 3-4x a week at 30-45 minutes a pop but eating 400-500 grams of protein and a shitload of food to get bigger that - YOUR ACTUALLY NOT GOING TO GET BIGGER BECAUSE OF THAT CARDIO? If your not getting bigger then your either not eating enough or your a young guy whose metabolism is so fast that your one of the lucky ones who doesnt have to do cardio. Thats another story I have to write about one of these days--Cardio. Every time I hear a guy tell me...."I just cant eat enough"....I ask him "are you doing cardio?", and he gives me that puzzled look and thinks "why should I do cardio? I have trouble gaining weight and eating enough".....BINGO!!!!! What do you think cardio does? You get up in the morning and start your day with some cardio I guarentee youll be starving the rest of the day and be eating like a damn horse. IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME. Cardio is a two way street--increases hunger and keeps you lean. You have trouble getting bigger? Add cardio first thing in the morning after 30 grams of protein in water and some bcaa's and watch yourself eat the rest of the day! You wont be missing meals, youll be starving. Which leads me to getting off this computer because im starving.I wrote this very fast because im late--so sorry bout that

DOGGCRAPP

Carrnage
01-01-11, 10:13 pm
Bro your really overthinking things....you know at your age (or any age) you can build mass and loose fat at the same time, private messedge me and i can help ya, i dont like giving out ALL my secrets to the public hehe.

zubda345
01-02-11, 3:00 am
good to hear dude! I don't like having a lot of fat on me either but trust these guys, just keep forcing the food down and pounding those weights and you get big

Yes I always listen n learn.....

zubda345
01-02-11, 3:28 am
This post by DC forever changed my views on "bulking" and "cutting"

Cutter, Bulker, Cutting, Bulking-WHAT A CROCK OF BULLSHIT

-DOGGCRAPP-

If i never hear these words again in my life it will be too soon. I cringe everytime i hear someone (straight from bb.com) say "im coming off a bulker and now im doing a cutter"..What the hell is that?..that is the most idiotic concept ever! So what your doing is taking 2 steps forward for 4 months and then 1.5 steps backward for 4 months and repeating over and over? Talk about a waste of valuable time! Half your freaking year is gone to hell because your cutting for half of it and gaining no muscle. How bout a novel concept for you? How bout getting dramatically larger over time with huge food (protein) intake and super heavy training but adhering to carb cuttoffs and doing cardio (for increasing hunger and keeping bodyfat at bay reasons) so that you stay lean!!!!!!!!!! Gee whiz, might that be a better way?!

Bulker: An Excuse to become a fat **** for the sake of beleiving your putting on muscle mass to others and yourself (and you probably are but at a 50/50 ratio of muscle to fat--wow thats awesome!)

Cutter: 3-5 months of wasted muscle building time (trust me youll be building very little muscle mass during this) in the quest of turning yourself back from a fat slob you turned yourself into to someone presentable.

THINK ABOUT IT!!!! Your 200lbs, eat like a 250lb guy to get freakshow bigger, and train like a rhino with heavy weights to get larger but also do everything in your power (green tea, cardio, carb cuttoffs) to keep at a bodyfat percentage that your proud of or can live with. This is all about turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace!

If you do bulking and cutting for the next 2 years and with all those "cutting cycles" adding up to a years time, guess what you just gave up a year of lifting--one year of nonexistant muscle mass accumalation. Thats like lifting for the next 6 years and you only get 3 years of productivity out of it. See the problem is, alot of people try to stay lean year round while also tryng their hardest to put on muscle mass and they do it all wrong. They eat like a 190lber trying to get to 250lbs and think that--by some miracle that will get them there. This is all about becomeing a food processing machine here. Take in a surplus (protein/food), create a demand to put on muscle (seriously heavy lifting/DC training) and then taking care of excesses and burning them off (carb cuttoffs/cardio/thermogenisis)----eating and training like a 300lbs offseason behemoth but doing everything else in your power to be that guy walking around at 7-14% bodyfat (whatever floats your boat)....See its not that hard, just think it out....but most of all dont waste your freaking time taking 2 steps forward and 1.5 steps backward....this is about constant forward progress. If I hear anyone say "cutter" or "bulker" again on this board, you get the official title of "bodybuilding.com guy", like a scarlet letter.

This is constant bulking and cutting at the same time and you dont forsake one for the other unless your competing for a show.
You turn yourself into a machine and you keep that machine evolving. Does anyone in this forum actually beleive that if you are 200lbs and doing cardio 3-4x a week at 30-45 minutes a pop but eating 400-500 grams of protein and a shitload of food to get bigger that - YOUR ACTUALLY NOT GOING TO GET BIGGER BECAUSE OF THAT CARDIO? If your not getting bigger then your either not eating enough or your a young guy whose metabolism is so fast that your one of the lucky ones who doesnt have to do cardio. Thats another story I have to write about one of these days--Cardio. Every time I hear a guy tell me...."I just cant eat enough"....I ask him "are you doing cardio?", and he gives me that puzzled look and thinks "why should I do cardio? I have trouble gaining weight and eating enough".....BINGO!!!!! What do you think cardio does? You get up in the morning and start your day with some cardio I guarentee youll be starving the rest of the day and be eating like a damn horse. IT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME. Cardio is a two way street--increases hunger and keeps you lean. You have trouble getting bigger? Add cardio first thing in the morning after 30 grams of protein in water and some bcaa's and watch yourself eat the rest of the day! You wont be missing meals, youll be starving. Which leads me to getting off this computer because im starving.I wrote this very fast because im late--so sorry bout that

DOGGCRAPP

Nice!!

sp, what i get it out from this for me is that I should eat like I want to get big n do cardio only to get some excess material off my body.... I will love to do cardio the 1st thing in the morning. Tomorrow is Monday, start of the new week. I wake up early n do a 20-30 mins of cardio section after a dose of ultra whey pro..... N will see what happens the whole day. N keep sticked to this threat cause I'll post what happens on this...

Back To Basics
01-02-11, 5:56 am
I know what you're thinking: “But what if all these unwanted calories, carbohydrates, and fats make me look bloated, smooth, and quite possibly (don't say it, please don't say it…) fat?” Who fuckin cares?!? Do you think all the top competitors were never fat at one point in their career? You think that Mr. Olympia got to be 296 pounds on stage by monitoring his caloric intake in the “off-season”? He also realizes that eating even when you're not hungry is and always will be an evil necessity to this sport. No one I know ever grew by eating chicken in a salad with a tablespoon of oil and balsamic vinegar… Some of these guys--waiting for them to make gains is like watching grass grow. A 2,000-2,500 calorie diet should not even be a thought. Remember, it is okay to get big; it is part of the sport.

That is a piece of an article from a veteran animal, Schak. Tells it like it is. Don't just read it and tell me "Oh Nice nice"
Go to the kitchen, pick up that chicken and put some oil in the pan - Throw some water and rice in the pot and start eating.

zubda345
01-02-11, 7:09 am
I know what you're thinking: “But what if all these unwanted calories, carbohydrates, and fats make me look bloated, smooth, and quite possibly (don't say it, please don't say it…) fat?” Who fuckin cares?!? Do you think all the top competitors were never fat at one point in their career? You think that Mr. Olympia got to be 296 pounds on stage by monitoring his caloric intake in the “off-season”? He also realizes that eating even when you're not hungry is and always will be an evil necessity to this sport. No one I know ever grew by eating chicken in a salad with a tablespoon of oil and balsamic vinegar… Some of these guys--waiting for them to make gains is like watching grass grow. A 2,000-2,500 calorie diet should not even be a thought. Remember, it is okay to get big; it is part of the sport.

That is a piece of an article from a veteran animal, Schak. Tells it like it is. Don't just read it and tell me "Oh Nice nice"
Go to the kitchen, pick up that chicken and put some oil in the pan - Throw some water and rice in the pot and start eating.

U r right I do think it like this, but Cutler also has his tummy out like a pregnant woman!! I always am curious about the oil n more eating, but if it's a part to grow on then it's ok with me... I M HAVING A PROTEIN SHAKE RIGHT NOW LOL!! N gonna eat chicken with rice tonight at the engagement of my cousin!!

BarbellManiac
01-02-11, 4:10 pm
U r right I do think it like this, but Cutler also has his tummy out like a pregnant woman!! I always am curious about the oil n more eating, but if it's a part to grow on then it's ok with me... I M HAVING A PROTEIN SHAKE RIGHT NOW LOL!! N gonna eat chicken with rice tonight at the engagement of my cousin!!

The gut is caused by something else. Part of the reason I prefer the animal athletes over the top guys at the olympia, they have perfect bodies from my point of view. I think Evan's gonna own the olympia in the next few years.

Back To Basics
01-02-11, 7:00 pm

Hahaha zubda don't worry about the gut, you will only get that if you are eating like 10 pounds of meat a day at your size. And the gut is from something else, like barbell said. Olive oil and macadamia Nut oil is great for you too and you need it to grow it won't make you fat, peanut butter is good too!

zubda345
01-03-11, 12:02 am
The gut is caused by something else. Part of the reason I prefer the animal athletes over the top guys at the olympia, they have perfect bodies from my point of view. I think Evan's gonna own the olympia in the next few years.

Hahaha zubda don't worry about the gut, you will only get that if you are eating like 10 pounds of meat a day at your size. And the gut is from something else, like barbell said. Olive oil and macadamia Nut oil is great for you too and you need it to grow it won't make you fat, peanut butter is good too!

O well What ever that is n what ever is the cause it got me motivated :P. N man Shizzz was true now I feel hungry after this morning cardio I've done it before but not accurately It's just 1.5 hr after the cardio section n I m hungry. Got to get up n have some eggs!!