PDA

View Full Version : RICER88 stepping up for the first time!

RICER88
01-04-11, 6:00 pm
It's been a while since I have posted on here, but since I will be training for my first show, I figured what better way to keep track then to start up a new Journey and get some support from the best brothers in iron there is!
Show date is November 26, 2011, show name London Ontario Championships.

Its the off season right now, I have 47 weeks to go, but I know D day will be here fast. The pre contest diet starts August 6, I will be 16weeks out at that point in time.

As for right now Elite Physique is helping me with my offseason diet, and will be putting me through the paces for pre contest. The owners are great people, very knowledgeable and have been in the game for a long time, I hope to soak up everything I can from them.

Now lets get down to the meat and potatoes, the training... as of this week me and my 2 training partners are running a 4 day split, however on monday we are switch back to a 5 day split so I will post that...
Monday: Quads/ Biceps
Tuesday: Delts/ Calves
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Hamstrings/ Triceps
Friday: Back/ Forearms
Saturday: Chest/ Abs
Sunday Off

I will not be posting my specific diet but a little run down...
Total cals: 5476
Cals from Proten/fat: 2951
Cals from carbs: 2636

Height 5'5"
Weight is 198lbs
body fat % is unknown.

RICER88

RICER88
01-06-11, 5:20 pm
Today was are last day where we are legs as a whole. was a pretty good workout, the intensity was through the roof. You know you are hitting your legs hard when you feel like vomiting within the first few heavy sets.
the workout went like this...
leg extensions 3 sets to warm up the knees, light weight
leg press 4 sets (personal record 810 for 20 reps)
squats 4sets ass in the grass but only 3/4 way up to keep tension on the quads
lying leg curls 4sets
sldl 3sets
Standing calf raise 4 sets

tomorrow is an off day, going to get some cooking done and what not.

RICER88

Hollow
01-11-11, 8:31 am
Good to see you are going to be posting your workouts on your journey to your first show RICER88. I’ll be tagging along.

RICER88
01-11-11, 8:43 pm
Good to see you are going to be posting your workouts on your journey to your first show RICER88. I’ll be tagging along.

Thanks alot Hollow, its been a while, how are your training coming along? and hows the little one?

RICER88

Hollow
01-12-11, 12:02 pm
Things in the gym have been moving along pretty good and as for the little one, well he's not so little any more. He's growing like a weed, lol!

RICER88
01-12-11, 5:32 pm
Things in the gym have been moving along pretty good and as for the little one, well he's not so little any more. He's growing like a weed, lol!

Thats great on both fronts, lol.

RICER88
01-17-11, 5:57 pm
Hit 200lbs today! first time ever at this weight, its a big accomplishment to me since i am not naturally a big guy. now its time to aim for 205. I am also 45 weeks out from the show, only have 29 more weeks till diet starts.

RICER88

Hollow
01-19-11, 9:19 am
A huge congrats to you RICER88 on hitting 200! 29 more weeks before starting to diet...could we see 210...215?

RICER88
01-20-11, 9:28 pm
A huge congrats to you RICER88 on hitting 200! 29 more weeks before starting to diet...could we see 210...215?

I believe so Hollow I believe so!

RICER88
02-15-11, 4:17 pm
So its been a while since I last posted, weight is now up to 210lbs, strength is going up, squated 365 for 9 reps yesterday, my quads are sore as fuck today! Food intake is around 5686 cals/ day. some days are better than others when it comes to food, but that is to be expected when eating this much. only 41 more weeks to go till i will be up onstage for the first time!

RICER88

p.s. I will try to post something atleast once a week for the next few weeks, and as i get closer to the show
i will start posting more often.

Hollow
02-16-11, 9:29 am
So its been a while since I last posted, weight is now up to 210lbs, strength is going up, squated 365 for 9 reps yesterday, my quads are sore as fuck today! Food intake is around 5686 cals/ day. some days are better than others when it comes to food, but that is to be expected when eating this much. only 41 more weeks to go till i will be up onstage for the first time!

RICER88

p.s. I will try to post something atleast once a week for the next few weeks, and as i get closer to the show
i will start posting more often.

Weight is going up...strength is going up...outstanding! Great work RICER88!

RICER88
02-25-11, 9:29 am
Whats going on brothers, weight is up to 216lbs now, training was going good, till this week, hurt my shoulder a little, so had to go light on delt day and going to go light on chest day. and hopefully by next week i will be good to go. got another squat record on monday, 385 for 5 reps. thats all the news to report right now.
keep training hard

RICER88

Hollow
03-02-11, 8:34 am
Even with a shoulder issue you are still making great gains RICER88. Huge congrats on the squat PR!

Hope the shoulder is doing much better.

RICER88
03-04-11, 5:12 pm
Even with a shoulder issue you are still making great gains RICER88. Huge congrats on the squat PR!

Hope the shoulder is doing much better.

Thanks alot Hollow, things are coming along

RICER88
03-04-11, 5:19 pm
So this week of training went ok, shoulders was lack luster due to my shoulder still hurting, I consulted a trainer friend, and she thinks it is an external rotation problem, so i have been doing some rotator cuff work before any pressing. hopefully things will clear up soon so i can go back to some heavy pressing. as for the rest of the week things have been intense and hard. my training partners wont let me slip up, they constantly remind me that November is just around the corner, and for that I thank them for.

stay strong brothers

RICER88

RICER88
03-14-11, 5:33 pm
Whats up fellas,
training has gone pretty good, hit a 405lbs squat last monday. as of late i have had a sore throat, so i took today off which is suppose to be quads and biceps i will have to play catch up this week, but hopefully my throat feels better the dr says it isnt strep which is good news. the diet has been changed as well cals have gone down slightly, and another meal has been added, making it 7 meals/day now. thats all for now fellas.

keep training hard

RICER88

Hollow
03-18-11, 9:37 am
First off, huge congrats on nailing that 405 squat. Outstanding! Secondly I hope your throat is doing much better now.

If you're interested in a possible sample of Rage, let your voice be heard here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35683-Any-Canadians-want-Animal-Rage-samples&p=1085936#post1085936

RICER88
03-21-11, 9:07 pm
Thanks Hollow, throat is feeling alot better. as for the rage, I got my hands on a can last week. the stuff is good, doesnt make you crazy and not a hard crash after, its a nice level energy boost.

RICER88

First off, huge congrats on nailing that 405 squat. Outstanding! Secondly I hope your throat is doing much better now.

If you're interested in a possible sample of Rage, let your voice be heard here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35683-Any-Canadians-want-Animal-Rage-samples&p=1085936#post1085936

RICER88
03-28-11, 5:21 pm
hey fellas whats up?
training is going good, new split was started last week and recovery is really maximized.I have dropped some cals im down to about 4300 and change. i will slowly add more cals in over time, i was getting to the point where i was feeling to bloated and it started to affect my training, so take one step back to take two steps forward right. thats it for now fellas.

RICER88

RICER88
04-06-11, 10:23 am
Whats up fellas,
32 more weeks this saturday, fuck is time flying by. Training is going good, yesterday was quads and me and the boys fucked em up pretty good! we decided to go high rep/high sets/ high intensity for this one. it went like this...
warm up with leg extensions 4 sets of 20 nice and light
squat, warm up with the bar then 4 sets of 20 (last set was 275) last 2 sets where supersetted with leg press for 20 reps, then we did two more sets of leg press for 20 reps and supersetted them with walking lunges for 20 steps(BW) after finishing with the leg press we did 2 more sets of walking lunges and supersetted them smith machine front squats for 20 reps, once finished the walking lunges, we did two more sets of smith machine front squats and supersetted them with heavy extensions for 20 reps, then we finished up with 2 quad drop sets of extensions for 50+ reps total.

needless to say my quads are fucked up today. good thing it is an off day, tomorrow, hamies and calves are up.

Keep training hard brothers

RICER88

The Iron Gumby
04-09-11, 3:00 pm
warm up with leg extensions 4 sets of 20 nice and light
squat, warm up with the bar then 4 sets of 20 (last set was 275) last 2 sets where supersetted with leg press for 20 reps, then we did two more sets of leg press for 20 reps and supersetted them with walking lunges for 20 steps(BW) after finishing with the leg press we did 2 more sets of walking lunges and supersetted them smith machine front squats for 20 reps, once finished the walking lunges, we did two more sets of smith machine front squats and supersetted them with heavy extensions for 20 reps, then we finished up with 2 quad drop sets of extensions for 50+ reps total.

That's killer, I copied this for future ideas. Conquer that show bro!

mritter3
04-09-11, 8:19 pm
Strong work in here man..keep up the hard work

RICER88
04-10-11, 9:51 am
That's killer, I copied this for future ideas. Conquer that show bro!

Thanks Iron Gumby, it was a killer one, my quads finally felt normal again on friday/ saturday. Giver a try some time, but make sure you have a sick bucket close.

RICER88

RICER88
04-10-11, 9:52 am
Strong work in here man..keep up the hard work

Thanks mritter3!

RICER88
04-14-11, 9:45 pm
what up fellas,
Another week of training is almost done, i cant believe how fast the weeks have been going by fuck man, I start my diet in like 16 weeks! so looking forward to being shredded to the bone for the first time guys. Till then tho its nose to the grind stone and balls to the wall training! I just keep digging deep and invisioning what I want to look like on November 26th.
Little up date, shoulder is feeling golden now, no pain on any exercise which is making me happy, elbows are kinda sore from time to time now especially since we do arms monday and legs tuesday so i find when i am squating i start to feel em then, o well just have to deal i guess, My hammie is a little tight, gona go get some ultra sound on that and hope it helps out. strength keeps going up on everything and doing a variety of different things from work out to work out, I use to be glued to my traing log book, always making sure to beat last weeks numbers no matter what, it left me doing the same things over and over, after reading Ox's article on doing what it taks and having the balls to do what needs to be done that day made me drop the book and go more on how I feel that day strength wise. I know what I need to work on so I make sure i hit those areas hard and with lots of volume/ intensity. my upper back is starting to come along now because of this new style or should I say freedom of training.

stay strong

RICER88

RICER88
05-02-11, 7:56 pm
Roughly 90 days left till the diet starts! time to pull up the socks, and kick it into high gear! the intensity of each workout is going up, I must pay attention to every detail, making every workout count. the way i am looking at it right now, i only have 12 workouts left for each body part before the calories start dropping. times a ticking fellas time to punch the clock

RICER88

Hollow
05-06-11, 8:08 am
Geez, time flies when you're having fun.

Sometimes the good old log book can be a benefit and sometimes it can hinder us. Looks like you've found a new intensity by setting the log book aside.

Keep up the great work RICER88!

RICER88
05-07-11, 11:12 am
Geez, time flies when you're having fun.

Sometimes the good old log book can be a benefit and sometimes it can hinder us. Looks like you've found a new intensity by setting the log book aside.

Keep up the great work RICER88!

Thanks alot Hollow1, it helps having a couple of training partners who are down for pretty much any kind of torture I can think up. Starting next week I think we are going to try Rages HRT program. should be fun to have a little more structure.

RICER88

RICER88
05-09-11, 9:24 pm
Exactly 89 days till the contest prep starts. time is flying and im not going to waste it. The training partners and I are trying Hell Raiser Training, how ever one of the guys I train with is a volume junkie and the other is all about lifting as heavy as possible all the time. So we are making minor tweaks as we go so that everyone is happy. Did arms today and was pretty good, the guys want to up the volume slightly so on our compound lifts we are going to do 3sets, and isolation sets we will do the recommended 2. so far those are the only changes.

Diet to this point
Meal 1
16 egg whites
1 scoop whey
4oz oats

Meal 2 (pre workout)
10oz chicken
1 cup white rice
1 scoop waxy maize

Post workout
1 scoop whey
1 scoop waxy maize

Meal 3 (half hour after shake)
10 oz chicken
1 cup white rice

Meal 4
10oz chicken
1 cup white rice

Meal 5
10 oz ground beef
1 cup of corn
2 tbsp mct oil

II also have started to add 20 or so grams of bcaa to my water. I dont have eaa stack and cant really afford to order it of the net, however I do have nitro so I tried breaking open the capsules and putting 1 pak in my bcaa mix as well.

weight is sitting at 205lbs, as the weeks go on I will be adding more cals to each meal with hopes of getting to about 210 or so before the diet starts.

RICER88

RICER88
05-14-11, 1:48 pm
Time, we all think we have so much of it, no one really thinks about how fast the days, weeks, months blur together, it seems like just yesterday I had months upon months till I would start the journey of pre contest. Now I sit here with less than 90days.less than 90 days to make as much change as possible, to put on a few more pounds of meat on my bones, to get my head straight before the mind fuck of contest prep. I am looking forward to every moment of it, the back breaking labor of training with few calories, getting up earlier to do cardio, and most of all to watch my body change in a matter of months.

As I write this I am but a few moments away from attacking a back workout, Pump has just been tossed back, and Rage is going down the hatch soon. I am training solo today (working at a new job, a gym, my training partners dont train here so I normally accommodate them and train where they work) over the last few days I have read tones of articles on here about old school and basics, that Is going to be my plan of attack today, old school, the basics, so what I might do 6 sets of pull ups, 8 sets of deads and 7 sets of bb rows, or I could only do 3 sets of each, I am going to go old school, and by feel, I know what exercises I have planned out for today, sets and reps depend on how I feel during that given set.

Now I am buzzing as the Rage is hitting my system, the intensity is growing inside me its just about time to crush this iron.

RICER88

RICER88
05-16-11, 7:56 pm
Well fellas,
I talked with my contest prep coach today, and he decided that I should diet for 20 weeks instead of 16, so now the diet starts July 9th. I now have 53 more days of off season. Its really time to buckle down and hit it hard!!!!!!

RICER88

RICER88
06-05-11, 9:46 am
Training has been going good, I feel as if I am on a growth spurt, and I plan on riding it out until the diet starts, maybe even in the first few stages of the diet to who knows.
As of late i have been thinking alot about limits and boundaries. reading Evans article about limits.
I use to be that guy that put limits on my self in the gym. only do 12 reps even f it feels light and I could do more...Thats not me any more, it hasnt been me for a long time now, its balls to the wall go until the weight wont move anymore.
As the diet start date gets closer and closer Ideas of what will limit my progress/ what will impede my progress and then I think to my self...FUCK that shit, as long as I follow the Diet plan do what I am instructed to do, and Leave everything on the gym floor, then nothing can stop me, nothing can derail me!

RICER88

RICER88
07-05-11, 10:15 pm
Been a while, since I last posted. Shits gotten busy you know how it is. The Diet starts Saturday that leaves me 3 days of being what is considered normal (What ever the fuck that is).Then its 5 months, 22 weeks, 140 days, 3360 hours, 201600 minutes of dieting, entering the unknown, uncharted territory for me. As Wrath said The darkness where ugly becomes beautiful. I guess you can say the journey starts Saturday, all the post before are just the prologue to this journey. Although off season is a journey in its self, this is a journey down another path, a journey that will test my mental strength as well as my will to become something more, and do something that few can say they have done. But this is not my only journey, this is but one among many to follow. so folks you ready to jump on board and follow me to hell and back? fuck ya you are and if your not then get the fuck out of my way I got shit to prove to myself!

RICER88

p.s. going to post twice a week for all 20 weeks starting saturday.

RICER88
07-12-11, 10:24 am
Well the diet has started. feeling pretty good so far. cals have only dropped about 1000 from what my off season was. a little break down of how the diet looks
cals= 3499
Proten/ fat cals= 1749
Carb cals= 1750

Protein sources are chicken, tuna egg whits, can also have sole and halibut
startchy carb sources are rice, potato, yam
veggies corn, peas, mixed veggies, can also have broccoli

Supplements at this point are Animal Pak, Animal Omega(for the time being) digestive enzymes and acidophiles.
Going to talk to my coach today and he said I might be able to add a pre workout and some bcaas as well.

Cardio is 45min a day 7 days a week
weights 6 times a week for now
split looks like this

Delts
Quads
Hams/Calves
Chest
back
arms
off

so far so good looking forward to the journey ahead. I want to say thanks to Dan and Michelle Kennedy of elite physique for putting together my diet and guiding me through this journey, I know with their help I will come in, in the best shape possible. Off to eat a meal and head to the gym for some quad action!

RICER88

RICER88
07-14-11, 8:35 pm
I AM A CHAMPION, I AM A CHAMPION, I AM A CHAMPION!
These are the words that I repeat when I feel the hunger pains during cardio, these are the words I utter under my breath before a heavy set. This will be my creed. When ever I get a hunger pain, when ever I need to get my self jacked up for a lift, When ever I feel like giving into a craving I will utter these words. I AM A CHAMPION!

Think positive and the brain has no other choice then to improve! Where the mind goes the body will follow, gotta stay positive, because as soon as a negative thought enters your brain your fucked! should just go home and not bother. Thats not me nor will I let it be! I will put in the work, I will work harder then my opposition, I wont cheat on my diet, I wont skip out on cardio because its a nice day and I want to go to the beach. Fuck that shit! Give me a basement gym, and plenty of cold unforgiving IRON and I am content! This is my world for just over 19 weeks. I wake up thinking about the contest, I go to bed thinking about the contest, and my thoughts in between are about what I need to do to WIN the contest.

I AM A CHAMPION

RICER88

RICER88
07-19-11, 8:21 pm
Fear, what is fear? being scared of something right? Maybe to the average person, but to a bodybuilder fear is much more than being scared of something. It is what keeps us going, keeps us motivated. Fear of stagnation, spinning your wheels and not making progress, fear that you wont be remembered for the champion you know you are, fear of not living up to your full potential. You have to harness these fears, make them your driving force! Once you no longer fear any of these things....your motivation is gone, you have no reason to keep going. These fears will drive me, they will drive me to become better, drive me to make improvement the only option, drive me to go as far as I can in this sport. Fear is another tool in my tool box that I use to make sure I make every rep, every set, every work out, and every meal count! that my friends is the real meaning of fear.

RICER88

RICER88
07-21-11, 9:32 pm
I feel small. Fuck aint that a bitch eh. Ive been dieting for almost 2 weeks, and the head games have started. I see my reflection in the mirror first thing in the morning, I see it at work, when I take a piss, and especially when I train...Sometime I feel huge, and other times I feel small, like super small. These are the head games that bodybuilders go through. Just so happens that contest prep brings em out more then off season time. What do I do to combat these feelings? I repeat my mantra... I AM A CHAMPION! and remind myself that this is for a purpose, this is for one thing, this is for my destiny! I remember reading Wraths journey and I remember him saying that bodybuilding is a sport of ironys...When you diet you get smaller, but look bigger, look your best but feel like shit, this is comforting, this means I am on the right path! Keep your head down and do the work and it will all workout in the end!

RICER88

RICER88
07-26-11, 6:56 pm
Selfishness. I feel myself becoming more and more selfish as I continue down this journey. I know I have to be to be my best. But at times I feel like I cause too much grief for those around me. Take for example last weekend. I went with my girlfriend to New Market to visit some of her family. I had clients in the AM and then had a little running around to do so that I would have all my food with me, we then left mid afternoon, I hadn't trained yet. First stop once we got into town the gym. Now I had to train back and do cardio which is like a 2hour plus event. I got dropped off at 5, and my gf had somewhere to be around 7. well you better guess it, i wasn't done until after 7pm. My girl didn't care but I still felt bad that I made her late. Good thing she gets what it takes to do what I gotta do in this sport. I am happy I have that support from her when it comes to this because with out support from people you love, dieting becomes tough and more stressful then it needs to be. Only 17 weeks and 4days left till the show,If I have to be selfish to get to where I need to be...so be it!

RICER88

RICER88
07-28-11, 9:11 pm
Why do you do this? Why do you want to big that big? I got asked these questions last weekend from my gfs uncle. I was taken off guard from it so my answer was because I like the challenge. thats only half of it. I find this question to be a funny one, like asking someone why they sell cars, or why they redo houses, or why they breath? I do this for me, I want to be this big because I have the drive and the balls to do what needs to be done. I dont do this to be accepted by people because the average person will never understand the dedication, sacrifice and hard work that goes in to being a bodybuilder, they cant and they wont. Now I wont rub it in their faces either, I will humble myself tell them that I do this for me, and I want to be this big for me, thats all they need to know. I do this because I love the competitiveness, not with other competitors, but with myself, each time I am in the gym I fight against myself. I love competing against my training partners because I would not be as far a long as I am now without them. I consider both of them family because I know they are willing to go to war with me. I do this because it is the life that has chosen me, and I accepted its challenges! That is why I am a bodybuilder, thats why I do what I do, and I want to be as big as I want to be!

RICER88
08-02-11, 8:06 pm
looking slim?
The other day a co worker was showing me pictures of current/ past employees who have competed in shows. I told her that i have started dieting for my first show as well. Then she said those words, the words a bodybuilder never, ever wants to hear...you are looking a little slim. I almost lost it, almost blew up. I calmed myself down before I did anything, repeated my mantra... I AM A CHAMPION, and reminded my self that this person does not know what I have to do, she will never know what it is like to do this. She doesn't know that those 6 words together can fuck up your mindset for the day, make you feel small, and feel like you are withering away. I did not let it fase me though, I know that this is all for one purpose to show the world what I have created with all my hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. And in 16 weeks and 4 days it will be unveiled.

RICER88

RICER88
08-04-11, 9:30 pm
Strength! Something we are all after, and very proud of. I was one of those guys that wrote down every lift, every set every lift, checked my log book before every set to make sure I was beating it. After a while it became a compulsion, something I felt like I had to do or else the gains would stop. Now I have ditched the pen and paper, I dont worry about what I did last week, I worry about what I can do this week. If I feel strong that day I go heavy and hard, If I am not feeling it, or just not feeling strong I will keep the weights lighter and focus on form and squeezing the shit out of the working muscle. Now dont get me wrong I know what my personal bests are in a handful of my lifts, the ones I consider to be staples, and I love seeing them go up. Now I have been dieting for nearly 4 weeks, and you hear people say that you get weaker when you diet, but I for some reason seem to be getting stronger, I dont know if it is because of how focused I am or what. For example, I would be able to grind out a set of 8 reps with 155 of the seated BB military press, However on monday I cranked out 2 sets of 9 with 185. Chest last week hit 255 for 6 on the incline, and today hit the 120's for 6 on the db incline. As long as I feel strong like I do right now, the weights should just keep going up, and thats the name of the game!

RICER88

Hollow
08-09-11, 10:14 am
That has to be sweet feeling, having your strength continue to grow as you diet!

RICER88
08-09-11, 10:05 pm
That has to be sweet feeling, having your strength continue to grow as you diet!

it sure is Hollow1, and I intend to run with it until the strength just wont go anymore

RICER88

RICER88
08-09-11, 10:19 pm
Discipline? I dont think there is a day that goes by where someone says to me " Man I wish I had your discipline" or " I wish I had your dedication" or " I couldnt do that I dont have the discipline too" All these comments I get once they find out that I eat the same shitty ass food every single day, and that I have to do it for 20 weeks.
I have a firm belief that everyone can have self control and discipline over what they eat, people just choose not to. Why you may ask? because they look to food for satisfaction and gratification, instead of what food was intended to be...fuel. Now I firmly believe that if everyone had a goal, and if that goal was really important to you then you would do anything and everything to get there. The same principle can be adapted to eating. Have a goal in mind, take the steps to educate yourself as to what makes good food choices/ meal plans, and learn how to eat for your specific goal. It aint hard people you just have to do it. Now you may ask me...dont you get cravings? dont you just want to have a nice big dirty burger? HELL FUCKING YEA I DO! I would kill for a burger and sweet potato fries. Will I have em? while I am on my diet HELL NO! why because I have a purpose for this, I have a goal, and that goal takes president over my desires/ cravings. The goal of getting up on stage for the first time, being cut, ripped, and jacked out weighs any one of my cravings! and that my friends is how I have so much discipline. How I keep on with this struggle. think about that!

RICER88

RICER88
08-11-11, 9:44 pm
Routine. This is good and is bad for the bodybuilder. I talked about discipline the other day, routine ties in with that subject as well. See once you start your self on a routine eating schedule, training schedule, and sleeping schedule, the dedication that was once thought of as impossible can be realized. WE as bodybuilders need to build these routines into our lives, its a necessity for success. Now on the other hand, our workouts have to be anything but routine. If your workout become routine thats when you get stuck in a rut, spinning your wheels not getting anywhere. You have to constantly challenge yourself, set new personal records the smash the shit out of em at your next workout. That is how we succeed at our craft. Then again, the privileged few who hear the call of the iron every day already know that, the rest of the world will continue to float threw their lives with no sense of meaning or purpose.

RICER88

Firedrake
08-11-11, 10:27 pm
Discipline? I dont think there is a day that goes by where someone says to me " Man I wish I had your discipline" or " I wish I had your dedication" or " I couldnt do that I dont have the discipline too" All these comments I get once they find out that I eat the same shitty ass food every single day, and that I have to do it for 20 weeks.
I have a firm belief that everyone can have self control and discipline over what they eat, people just choose not to. Why you may ask? because they look to food for satisfaction and gratification, instead of what food was intended to be...fuel. Now I firmly believe that if everyone had a goal, and if that goal was really important to you then you would do anything and everything to get there. The same principle can be adapted to eating. Have a goal in mind, take the steps to educate yourself as to what makes good food choices/ meal plans, and learn how to eat for your specific goal. It aint hard people you just have to do it. Now you may ask me...dont you get cravings? dont you just want to have a nice big dirty burger? HELL FUCKING YEA I DO! I would kill for a burger and sweet potato fries. Will I have em? while I am on my diet HELL NO! why because I have a purpose for this, I have a goal, and that goal takes president over my desires/ cravings. The goal of getting up on stage for the first time, being cut, ripped, and jacked out weighs any one of my cravings! and that my friends is how I have so much discipline. How I keep on with this struggle. think about that!

RICER88

I really like this -- I had an old high school classmate ask me on facebook the other day if all this training and discipline were "worth it". I know how that focus is -- that's where I was last year, coming into my first show since I was 18. After putting on some quality muscle, I'll find me another show next year and do it again. Yeah, at 57, it's still fucking worth it.

Keep killing it!

RICER88
08-16-11, 10:08 pm
I really like this -- I had an old high school classmate ask me on facebook the other day if all this training and discipline were "worth it". I know how that focus is -- that's where I was last year, coming into my first show since I was 18. After putting on some quality muscle, I'll find me another show next year and do it again. Yeah, at 57, it's still fucking worth it.

Keep killing it!

I love it man! goes to show the world you are never too old to have bodybuilding goals! Good luck to you on your mass building and future contest prep.

RICER88

RICER88
08-16-11, 10:18 pm
Hunger! Fuck have I been hungry lately. More then usual. I eat and 10 minutes later I am ready for more food, the problem is I cant eat again that soon, Gotta wait at least 2 hours. I am learning how to deal with the hunger tho, I keep my mind occupied with something, whether it be work, or mindlessly watching a tv show or 2. I know the hunger pains will get worse as I go, nothing I can do about it except have a strong mind and fight through them. Over the course of the diet so far, I have taken out 400 cals of carbs, I was just told to cut out my Animal Omega, and my bcaa's although they can and may reappear later on in prep depending on conditioning. Today was my first day with out the above 2 supplements and man could I feel it. I didnt realize how much fuel I got from the bcaas during trainng. I would take a sip of water and my mind would be expecting the sweet flavor of my bcaa drink, but instead was sadly restricted to water. But this is life of a bodybuilder just have to suck it up draw upon your inner strength and will and keep moving forward!

RICER88

RICER88
08-20-11, 6:37 pm
Legs!
"Smile? What the fuck is that? Fuck a smile, I have legs. Laugh or joke? What? I’m not in Disneyland. I could care less about some fucking joke. I am in a hardcore gym training to rip lines in my legs that have never been seen before. Win. That’s it. This is all I know right now. Fuck everything else around me… I have to be selfish or I will not make it. Precontest leg training. Buckle up bitch its time to shine."

I love this quote... sums up every leg day! As of late I have been training legs 3 days a week. Now you might be saying "thats over training", "your going to burn out" fuck that the way I have it split up is as follows. Tuesday Quads, Wednesday Hamms/ calves, then on Saturdays I train either Quads again or legs as a whole. That Saturday workout I have been training with a national level competitor getting ready for the master Northamericans. Now this guy is looking fucking sick, jacked vascular and huge. He is also fucking strong as an ox which has pushed me to work harder. Unfortinatly he trained his last heavy leg day today and I will be away next week end so it will be back to the usual split, so arms on saturday, and legs twice a week. But in the three weeks I have trained with big Paul I have learnt alot, and I thank him for giving me some of his knowledge.

RICER88

RICER88
08-23-11, 6:35 pm
Limits.
Limits confine us fellas, limits tell us where we are suppose to stay, what is our comfort zone. Limits should be avoided at all fucking costs! Knowing your limits sets you up for failure in this game. Lets say you are squating, you are feeling really fucking good that day, and you work your way up to what is your usual heavy set lets say 405, now that set of 405 goes up like butter for 10 fucking reps. People that stay within their limits will stop there and move on to the next exercise. Now you may ask... what about people that stare limits in the face and say fuck you and defy them? Well those people wipe their brow, catch their breath and throw more weight on the motherfucking bar, get under it and rep that bitch till failure. The way I see it brothers, is if you stay within your limits you are admitting to the iron, your training partners and most importantly your self that you are scared. I will tell you right now, some time I get under the bar and get scared, scared that I wont get back up, scared that the iron will win this round, But I dont let that fear show through, I use that fear to get angry, angry at the weight for thinking it can berry me, angry at myself for being a scared little bitch, then I pull that iron off the pins and take it for a fucking ride making sure that myself, my training partners and the iron know that I dont set myself withing limits, I reach to stay above my limits, pushing my body to achieve something more. Thats what I do to make sure that I make progress in the gym. Thats how I can look myself in the eye and call my self a man, call my self a bodybuilder!

RICER88

RICER88
08-27-11, 7:23 am
First or secone? Lately I have been thinking alot about what the difference between first and second is, I have come up with the following. Second place cheats on their diet on occasion, first place never cheats, first Place suffers through it knowing there is going to be a reward at the end of the journey. Second place goes through the motions when training, never really pushing the limits and staying within their comfort zone. First place on the other hand bust his balls in the gym, leaves no stone unturned, even beats old personal records on some lifts. Second place may skip a day or session of cardio saying they will make it up tomorrow but making it up never happens. While first place is never missing a cardio session at all. First is suffering through every minute of cardio starving, not just for food but for great self improvement. What I am trying to get at here is second is not willing to do what needs to be done, second is not willing to sacrafice and put it all on the line, first on the other hand puts everything he has into prepping himself for battle and you know what? It will show on the day of the show who did what needed to be done!

I heard a joke the other day on a YouTube video for versus it fits right into this post...
Knock knock
Whos there?
The guy who placed second.
The guy who placed second who?
Exactly no one remembers who Placed second!

RICER88
08-30-11, 9:19 pm
Lately I feel like I am in withdraw. No I am not talking like a drug addict who gets withdraw from drugs, or how a smoker gets his nicotine cravings. But rather like I am withdrawing from the world around me. I find myself within my head alot more now. I have always been one to over think things and have an inner dialogue in my head with myself, but now it happens alot more often. I really started to notice it this weekend, I was on the road with my girlfriend and her family for a wedding, and I found myself in my head alot, especially around times when I was hungry or my girl and her family where eating. My girlfriend would keep asking me if I was alright all the time, in my head I am screaming...I AM FUCKING STARVING AND THAT FOOD LOOKS AND SMELLS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!! but on the exterior I just tell her that I am fine and I am just hungry. I find myself talking in my head more while I am at the gym. There is that voice saying a champion finishes this a champion does whatever it takes, number 1 does not quit, slacking is for second place finishers and I am not training for second. Then there is that fucking monster of a voice...just give up, eat that piece of candy its ok, skip cardio today it wont kill you, sleep in today just skip a meal it wont make a difference. These two voices fight in my head, every fucking waking minute, Can't you hear it? Its the voice of my inner champion and my inner doubter. I swear sometimes those two voices are screaming at eachother, and there is nothing I can do to stop em! Because of my will power and discipline the inner champion wins all the screaming matches.

RICER88

RICER88
09-01-11, 8:52 pm
Just read Evans new article and I loved the quote...
"The pain, the nausea, the tiredness; they are the enemy. If you stopped each set every time it started to hurt you would accomplish shit. If you never pushed to the point where you’re previous meal threatened to come back up, you’re not going hard enough. If you never choked down what was best for you and just ate what you wanted to you would never know what it is like to be in contest shape. So fuck the pain, fuck the nausea, fuck being tired and fuck the easy way out. Save that shit for the guy who’s gonna get his ass handed to him onstage."

This sums up our lifestyle fellas, This game aint easy and it never will be easy, And if it where easy it wouldnt be worth doing! Thats what brings us all to where we are, the hard work, and determination, to over come are basic human instincts and push past the boundary that our body wants to stop at. Its a struggle every day for every one of us, but I think it is a beautiful struggle.Some people like looking at sun sets, some people like a beautiful picture of a flower, or a country side...Fuck that shit, that means fuck all to me...Give me a hard core gym and lots of iron, thats beautiful, give me blood, sweat and tears, thats beautiful, Give me a limit and watch me smash the fuck through it, now thats real beauty! So remember the struggle is all worth it, the pain is only temporary, but the glory, that my friends lasts forever.

RICER88

RICER88
09-06-11, 8:30 pm
Luck, what is luck? Some would say it is fate, some would say its karma, while others dont believe that luck is some magical out side force. I am in the group that doesnt believe in luck. If I did believe in luck I would be fucked right now based on some of last weeks events (unrelated to dieting or bodybuilding). I believe that we make are own luck. You can pray to who ever your maker is to be a millionaire, or to win the game or to put on 10lbs and an inch on your arm. But if you dont do your homework, and put in the time whether it be in the office doing business, on the practice field or in the gym and at the table all that praying wishing and hoping aint gonna amount to fuck all. The successful people in this world dont believe in luck nor do they know the meaning of the word, all they know is hard work pays off! If you put the work in, sacrifice everything to accomplish something it will pay off. Why does taking a risk like that pay off? Because you have no choice but to succeed, failure is not an option because everything depends on your risk paying off. So I guess you could say I believe in risking it all to accomplish everything I want. Without risk there is no reward, nor is the pay off worth it, everything you have becomes more meaningful when you had to take a risk to get it.
Now the question is are you a scared little bitch afraid to risk it all or are you risking it all so that you can accomplish everything? I know what group I am in and in my opinion the risk is definitely worth the reward!

RICER88

RICER88
09-08-11, 8:59 pm
The weight gets heavier the sky grows darker the night longer But I wont back down Stood here a 1000 times before stared in my eyes a million more wore this groove into the floor No I wont back down Doubt and pain I call my friend here from the beginning with me to the end In the shadows Ive found light Found my courage found my fight In the darkness I have sight I wont back down A warriors creed that I cry a solemn oath to live by from this moment till I die...NEVER BACK DOWN!!!!!!!

Never back down fellas, now those are words we can all live by aint it. Fuck this I dont know if I can do it bullshit, Its I aint backin down from this mother fuckin challenge! Its these challenges that make us who we are. I know for a fact that each and every one of use have been challenged by the iron, the serious ones have accepted its challenged and even challenged back by making a mockery out of gravity and the iron. Thats the mentality that we have to have, "Ok iron I accept your challenge and raise you 10 more lbs! Take that fucker!" That is how we grow, that is how we mature, that is the name of this game. So who else feels like raising the bar? I know I do, and I know I will! till next time fellas, keep challenging yourselves to make progress.

RICER88

RICER88
09-13-11, 8:57 pm
Everything that is good and worth doing takes time and effort. So don't waste your time looking for that secret, because you will find yourself treading water. Here is what a little birdie told me once, take it back to the basics. Basic training, basic nutrition and basic supplementation is the way to go. Let's face it the basic shit works. That is why you need to make sure your basics are covered from front to back. Eric "The House" Frankhouser

This sport ain't easy is it fellas. But there is truth in the above statement, the basics work, and have stood the test of time. No need for some fancy ass shit, just a shit load of iron, good old school exercises and a strong determination to make something more of yourself. Lets look at it this way...Who do you think is going to have stronger/ Bigger legs? The guy busting his ass in the squat rack doing sets with 405, or the guy holding a pair of 10lbers doing half rep squats on a fucking bosu ball? The guy Squating heavy of course, but stick legs will say..the bosu ball will activate your core more. Are you fucking kidding me? try putting 400lbs on your back and see how hard your core has to be to stay upright dont give me that horse shit, Stick to the basics...Squat, Deadlift, Bench, military press. These are the exercises that will build huge mass, all over. Now you cant build a complete physique with just those movements, gotta add in a few other basics that hit the muscle from different angles as well and compliment the mass builder. As for Nutrition keep it basic, lots of protein, moderate carbs, and lower fat, no need to go on some crazy ass diet, stick to basic calorie dense food. and supplements No one got huge using just supplements. Supplements should be just that something to compliment your diet to fill the voids. Pak, Nitro/ BCAA product, Omega and if you want a protein powder anything else is just the icing on top. No secrets here fellas and most of you already know all this anyways, its been regurgitated a number of times but I just had to get it off my chest.

RICER88

RICER88
09-15-11, 8:55 pm
What up Fellas,
Few diet changes to let you know about, coming up this weekend or shortly there after I will be switched over to a fibre diet. Little starchy carbs, and alot of veggies and protein.
Had my first bout with insomnia last night, I fell asleep on the couch for a half hour woke up and went to bed, while in bed I tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable. It got to the point that I could hear my watch ticking from across the room. The sound of the ticking got me thinking...time is flying by, I have been dieting for almost 10 weeks, some days it seems like it has been forever, other days It doesn't seem like it has been that long. It seems like just yesterday I was a year out from this show, now I only have 10 weeks to prepare. Tick tock tick tock here that? thats the sound of your life passing you by. What are you going to do to leave your mark in this world? I know what I am going to do,I am going to make constant improvement, bringing a better package to each show I enter. I will do the unthinkable and make it reality. Thats what I am going to do to leave my mark. Tick tock Tick tock, dont let time pass you by.

RICER88

RICER88
09-20-11, 10:18 pm
Over the half way point now fellas. less than 10 weeks to go. Still keeping as strong as possible, some days are harder than others, but I have managed. The first few days on the fiber diet where a little rough, what looks like alot of veggies really isnt that much once you start eating them, and lets say fiber can really make you run if ya know what I mean. But I got through it, back to feeling as normal as possible all considering. Hunger is getting pretty bad as my cals have dropped a bit as well. but again I survive. Its crunch time now, Gotta put my hood on and keep my head down. Its about grinding every last rep out of every last set, and not giving up this burning desire to make something more of myself. To show the world the sculpture I have built. And at the same time have a clear and defined starting point. This is my first show, there for it is the first edition of my physique. The first of many, I will not step on a stage unless I have made improvements from my previous show, and this show will show me what needs to be improved upon. After all isnt this game about self improvement?

RICER88

RICER88
09-23-11, 5:40 pm
I was talking with my girlfriend to day and I said something that got me thinking, I said in 9 weeks things will be back to somewhat normal. Then I got to thinking, life with a bodybuilder is never normal on the true sense of the meaning. Let's take a look at what I mean, most "normal" people just want to fit in with the popular/ cool crowd. You see it in grade school, high school, and college, even at work. People by the latest gear, jewelry, electronic devise what ever it is, just to fit into something. Be apart of what is considered ideal. I have fallen victim to this as i am sure you have too it's human nature to want to be like everyone else. As I got serious about this game my perception changed. I don't give a fuck about fitting in. Don't have the time, energy or money too. I don't have the latest and greatest name brand clothes, to tell you the truth most of my clothes are workout shit, and most shirts are animal or free shirts we hand out at work. I have accepted that what I do, what I want to achieve is not normal to people, I get it, it's different from what the general public see as normal, but I will not conform, I have no desire to be put into parameters set out by other people. I will be myself, and that will be my normal from now on. So are you with me on this? Damn straight you are, now let's achieve greatness!

RICER88

RICER88
09-27-11, 8:45 pm
Remember a while back I was talking about how I am feeling with drawn from things going on around me, well its getting worse, I find myself often either deep in thought...thinking about what I need to do to be my best as well as visualizing what I will look like on stage and how I want my physique to look,as well as just plain old zoning out. I have been asked numerous time if everything is alright or if I am ok. It gets annoying answering the same question over and over again... Yes I am alright I am just tired and hungry now leave me alone is what I am screaming in my head, but I am polite and just say I am fine and nothing is wrong. Now get asked this question 4 or 5 times a day and you will know how I feel. I know that these people ask because they love and worry about me and are generally concerned for my well being, thats why I dont snap when asked repeatedly. At the same time though if something was wrong these same people would be the first to know about it. Now its off to do cardio for the second time today.

RICER88

GoldieLocks
09-27-11, 10:04 pm
Keep up the great work, physical fatigue creeps into mental fatigue. It's not like anything has changed, you're staying the course, doing what needs to be done. People can get on your last nerve sometimes, but water off your lats, just let it all roll. Nothing you can do, unless Animal comes out with a new Tshirt that says, "Shut it Folks. I'm fine"

We all have your back. Wish you the best. Go rock cardio, get that shredding done.

RICER88
10-02-11, 9:34 am
Keep up the great work, physical fatigue creeps into mental fatigue. It's not like anything has changed, you're staying the course, doing what needs to be done. People can get on your last nerve sometimes, but water off your lats, just let it all roll. Nothing you can do, unless Animal comes out with a new Tshirt that says, "Shut it Folks. I'm fine"

We all have your back. Wish you the best. Go rock cardio, get that shredding done.

Thanks for the inspiring words bro.

RICER88

RICER88
10-02-11, 9:48 am
Suffering, when people ask me how my diet is going or how the diet and training is making me feel I reply with "I'm suffering" for most people I dont go in to more detail, but for the people that I know understand what I am going through I may add more information because I know they get it...kind of. Now I am not suffering in the same way many people around the world are, thats a completely different sort of unwarranted suffering. My suffering is a self inflicted suffering to become something more, something greater. This suffering lets me know I am alive, and that my dedication, sacrifice, determination and will power are being put to the ultimate test. See fellas this journey for me isnt just about stepping up on stage for the first time...thats just a detour, a means to an end, something to keep my competitive spirit alive and well, This journey is about pushing my self harder and further than I have ever gone before. Its about pushing on through the self inflicted punishment when my body says no, when my mind says no, but my dedication and will power says HELL FUCKING YEA keep going. This journey is a test, the ultimate test, if I can make it through this I can do anything and everything I set my mind to, Go back to school and work full time...piece of cake (MMMMMHMMMMMMMMMMM that sounds good right now) Start my own business... No fucking problem. See bodybuilding is much more than a sport or a competition, its a life style, but its more than that as well, its an on going lesson on life, and it teaches you that you can do anything you put your heart mind and body in to.

RICER88

RICER88
10-04-11, 6:42 pm
Crunch time is on brothers. This is the do or die time before a show. Energy levels are hit and miss, moods are up and down, and your dedication and will power are being tested. That devil on your shoulder starts talking to you..."you have come so far, you can skip a cardio session", "you havent went off your diet once in over 12 weeks, you can sneak one little cheat" You gotta ignore that bastard fellas, Plug your ears and dont listen to him. Its not the time to take your foot off the gas...Its time to fucking floor the bitch and kick it into high gear. Time to push with every once of your being till you dont have anything left to push with, then you push more! Dont let things get to your head...remember weeks back I was talking about that co worker and her use of the word slim? Well she has gotten worse, it seems every time I see her she has to say I look better slim. Slim what the fuck does that mean. Now I could let this negative comment get to my head binge like a motherfucker and call it quits or I can ignore it put my head down and push on. You have to ignore the good comments too, people that havent seen me for a while constantly saying you look good man, You look great, you look awesome, Cant let that get to your head either, you may look "Good" to the average person, but next to a shredded beast you might look like a 12 year old girl. Just because you look good now, and people comment that you look good doesnt mean its time to ease up, if anything its the time to push harder and make yourself look crazy. Moral of the story its time to put my hood up, head down and push harder than I thought possible.

RICER88

RICER88
10-11-11, 6:38 pm
I am holding on here brothers, As my bodyfat levels drop my mind fucks with me more and more, as the diet wares on my mind/ body fuck with me. I am doing everything I can to hold on. Somedays are better than others, these are the days That I kind of feel full longer than 15 minutes after a meal. But most of the time I am watching the clock tick down till I can eat again...These are the days that really fuck with me. These are the days that I remind myself that Its crunch time and its time to put my head down and grind it out. Like my coach says "If you dont feel like shit by the end...you didnt do something right" And there are days where it takes every once of my will power to hold on. But this is a learning experience for me. The first time is always the hardest. Now that I am living in the world of contest prep I have an idea of what every other competitor goes through. The isolation, the self doubt, the sacrifice, the struggle to just hold on. I will continue to hold on till my hands are bloody and this life cuts to the bone! Why because its worth every bit of pain I feel. It proves that I can hang on for dear life while I strive for something greater!

RICER88

RICER88
10-13-11, 8:49 pm
Drained, tired, fellas I hit the wall yesterday. No energy at all, half way through my workout and I was gassed, and still no real energy today. I havent let it stop me though, I keep pushing through because thats what needs to be done. Today I looked in the mirror and I saw the same tired old face I have been staring at for the past 13.5 weeks. Today though I saw much deeper than the image in the mirror. I saw the 7 year old that watched his father die of cancer, and had to be strong for his mother and little brother, I saw the kid pushing and giving everything he had at the rink day after day trying to take hockey as far as he could. I saw the teenager trying to figure out who he is and what he wants to do in life. At the same time I saw the present, a body that has gone through dramatic changes in a short period of time, an individual pushing as hard as he can to do something he knows is apart of him now and forever, The young man still trying to figure out what to do with his life career wise. And while staring at this face I saw a glimpse of the future...a successful persona and a family man, still with the dedication and the dream of bodybuilding. Then as if the image spoke to me I knew it was time to get to work, time to keep grinding and holding on. So this show is dedicated to the younger me...you have come so far, its dedicated to the present...you still have miles to go so enjoy the journey, and its dedicated to the future me...this is the first step of one journey, with many more to follow.

RICER88

GoldieLocks
10-14-11, 11:25 am
It's amazing how empowering these journeys' of ours become when we're the most fatigued, it's like your soul grows.

Keep up the great work, stay focused, and just know that you have a whole lot of people pulling for you.

RICER88
10-18-11, 6:23 pm
It's amazing how empowering these journeys' of ours become when we're the most fatigued, it's like your soul grows.

Keep up the great work, stay focused, and just know that you have a whole lot of people pulling for you.

Thanks man, It is amazing how thought provoking bodybuilding can be. You start to internalize things more and more, and look at yourself alot differently.

RICER88

RICER88
10-18-11, 6:30 pm
The fog cleared the other day fellas, it didnt happen all at once, I woke up saturday morning and felt kind of normal. I thought to myself that today could go either way...same as the last few days, dragging ass, or some how some way I will be re energized and ready to go. Once workout time came and the RAGE kicked in boom, the fog around my head dissipated and everything became clear, that familiar feeling of pain! self inflicted pain with cold hard iron. The weights felt lighter, the chains holding me back gone, I had all the energy and drive I needed and I fucking crushed the workout. I dont know if it was more sleep, or a better sleep, or maybe something clicked after writing my last post about looking in the mirror and it brought me alive again. I dont know but I have been able to string some good days together and I plan on riding them out as far as I can take em.

RICER88

RICER88
10-25-11, 6:37 pm
Well fellas, its drawing closer and closer to stage time, My training partners just did their first show this past weekend and placed 1 and 2 in the same class, very proud of them. Now its my time and it cant come fast enough now. The diet is really starting to fuck with my head. I just want to be left alone! People talk to me, and I have no energy to respond with well thought out answers. Been answering alot of people with 1 liners lately. I dont mean to do it either and it has started to bug some people at home, they think somethings wrong because I am not my normal self, not happy go lucky and joking around. I am tired, straight faced and probably appear cold. I dont mean to be like this, but you know how it is, when energy is low and you feel like shit and hungry 22.5 hours out of the day, your not a pleasant person to be around. O well if they understood what I was doing and what it is like to do it they obviously would know how I felt, and they would know to leave me alone, o well just gotta deal I guess right.

RICER88

RICER88
10-27-11, 9:08 pm
Been drained the last few days, Quads on tuesday really kicked my ass. However as tired as I am throughout the day, I muster up enough energy to kick ass in the gym and have killer workouts, dont ask me how I can be dead to the world one minute, then walk through the gym door, and feel like I am unstoppable. The last few days I started reading Machines "Life is a freakshow" articles, and for what ever reason I feel as if he is speaking directly to me. The articles inspire, motivate, make me think, look at my inner self and reflect. Some articles I read and have to re read because I didnt get the message the first time, but on the second time around something clicks. They make me want to better not only my training and my training efficiency, but myself as a person as well. Yesterday as I was dead tired reading his articles from the very first one I saw my self as a soldier going to war as he talks. Due to this new mindset and inspiration I have set forth a new creed, not just the I AM A CHAMPION positive affirmation, but also... I AM GOING TO WAR WITH THE IRON. It rang through my head today as I crushed Delts and arms and I noticed as the voice got louder as is screaming at me, my intensity levels elevated to another level and I pushed harder and harder. Call it luck, call it fate, but his articles are exactly what I needed at this point in time.

RICER88

RICER88
11-26-11, 3:36 am
Sorry I havent posted much in the last little while. shit got real busy andi was super focused on the task at hand. I had some ups and downs. The last 4-5 weeks almost killed me! I was super drained, walking around felt like a job, workouts where flat but I pushed and gave everything I had in each of em. Even when I felt like I was going to collapse on the gym floor. It has been a long 20 week journey, it seems like forever, yet just yesterday I was starting my diet. And now Its 3:15 am the morning of my show. I weighed in at 148, yea thats right down from 220. fuck was I carrying around alot of useless weight. gotta focus on staying tighter this off season. but anyways, here i am the day of my show, and I am pumped! so pumped I can hardly sleep (having to sleep on my back doesnt help either as I am a side/belly sleeper) I would like to thank a few people here who have helped me along the way: First I want to say thank you to Dan and Michelle Kennedy of elite physique! They are the best contest prep people around here, with out their help and guidance I would not look the way I do. I want to thank Brooke my gf, your love and support of this crazy life style means alot to me, you put up with all the mood swings and the ups and downs for that I love you. Nick Twum and Kai nutch my training partners, you guys helped me push it in the gym at all times even when we where all dieting at the same time its been a hell of a journey together guys. Zach for helping me through some tough chest workouts when the guys couldnt make it, you have a gift to get into someones head man, dont ever loose that! and to everyone else that supported and encouraged me from mywork places to the gym I train at thank you all. In a few hours I will be up on the stage for the first time, Then as fast as it started it will be all over and much deserved treats will be had, then the dust will settle and the start of the mass season journey will start again! But until then Its time to focus on the stage. Thanks for the support everyone!

RICER88