PDA

View Full Version : Commitment to yourself and supported by many

Pages : [1] 2

The House
01-09-11, 4:13 pm
Without commitment, goals, and purpose we will end up falling short of our potential. Use this thread to commit to yourself, and by committing to yourself u will be supported by all of us on this forum and thread. So post up your commitment and we will help keep you motivated and on the right path. We are family we are Animal.

My first commitment to myself is not to miss a meal for the rest of my offseason.

PIJW
01-09-11, 4:36 pm
My first commitment will be to complete the Iron Contest IV giving 110% the whole way

The_Genius
01-09-11, 4:41 pm
He'll yeah. You got that on lockdown house.

I'm in this.

My commitment is to stick to this diet until im up 15 more Lbs.

JasonG
01-09-11, 4:46 pm
Mine is to my family and giving it my all to the Iron Contest IV. Good luck with yours House.

thunderbird2290
01-09-11, 4:50 pm
I commit to (finally) staying on course with my eating, lifting, keeping it consistent.

However, I have somewhat of a dilemma.

My friends and I are planning to go to Chicago for a little field trip this Saturday, and I want to go, but I weighed in the cons: I do all my cooking on Saturdays, so I would have to move that, We would eat restaurant food all day and Saturday would be my first Leg Day in about 3-4 weeks (I've been caught up with school and work)

I hate to miss time in the gym, but I hate ditching my friends just as much, especially since I'm supposed to drive.
Any advice?

pivy
01-09-11, 5:35 pm
My commitment to myself is when I don't feel like training, to dig deep, get in the gym, and find out what I'm made of.

Introvert
01-09-11, 5:42 pm
My commitment is to not miss a meal and finally get over 200. Also, never settle for anything less then my best in the gym. push myself until I'm completely out of energy and then go some more.

Good thread House! Let's get this!

Machine
01-09-11, 7:43 pm
Awesome message here.

My committment to myself is to take better care of myself as I am no good to anyone if I am not alive.

Also, I refuse to miss one training session or meal for the next 90 days.

Thank you for this thread.

MACHINE

The House
01-09-11, 8:19 pm
My first commitment will be to complete the Iron Contest IV giving 110% the whole way

bro if you put your mind to it i know you will give it your all. there will be tough days but you got to mount up and push on.. its mind over matter

The House
01-09-11, 8:21 pm
He'll yeah. You got that on lockdown house.

I'm in this.

My commitment is to stick to this diet until im up 15 more Lbs.

here is what i want bro post on here each time you gain one pound and it will help motivate you to keep it going. dont miss a meal bro and it will happen

The House
01-09-11, 8:24 pm
Mine is to my family and giving it my all to the Iron Contest IV. Good luck with yours House.

yes family is always number one. do make every workout dedicated to them bro. i know it might sound stupid but sometimes i find myself down and dont want to workout then i think about how i did not have much before and how i must train so my family will have things they need... so dedicate some sessions to them look in the mirror next time you are getting ready to squat and think of doing it for them

The House
01-09-11, 8:27 pm
I commit to (finally) staying on course with my eating, lifting, keeping it consistent.

My friends and I are planning to go to Chicago for a little field trip this Saturday, and I want to go, but I weighed in the cons: I do all my cooking on Saturdays, so I would have to move that, We would eat restaurant food all day and Saturday would be my first Leg Day in about 3-4 weeks (I've been caught up with school and work)

I hate to miss time in the gym, but I hate ditching my friends just as much, especially since I'm supposed to drive.
Any advice?
go with your friends there are gyms in any city. shit every time we are on vacation i always hit up the gym. balance is best. but when you get back in town dont miss any sessions training or any meals.

The House
01-09-11, 8:30 pm
My commitment to myself is when I don't feel like training, to dig deep, get in the gym, and find out what I'm made of.

dig deep and you will find you true colors. the best things are the ones that are hard to get.. dont miss any sessions and you will be made of steel

The House
01-09-11, 8:34 pm
My commitment is to not miss a meal and finally get over 200. Also, never settle for anything less then my best in the gym. push myself until I'm completely out of energy and then go some more.

Good thread House! Let's get this!

you will own the 200 pound mark hit it hard and if you never give less then your best in the gym you will have pushed your self hard...

Halfbred
01-09-11, 8:34 pm
My first commitment is to get up to 215 lbs
i currently weigh 175ish. i know it is very possible and with the right diet and training i will get there. No doubt about it.

The House
01-09-11, 8:38 pm
Awesome message here.

My committment to myself is to take better care of myself as I am no good to anyone if I am not alive.

Also, I refuse to miss one training session or meal for the next 90 days.

Thank you for this thread.

MACHINE

you got this bro 90 days you will own and when these 90 days are up you will be stronger and have a new found strength... taking good care of your heath is right .if you are in the ground you are only good for the worms not to anyone else. you will be 90 days stronger

The House
01-09-11, 8:41 pm
My first commitment is to get up to 215 lbs
i currently weigh 175ish. i know it is very possible and with the right diet and training i will get there. No doubt about it.

true keep a positive attitude and you will be 215 . diet and training are key so keep them on task and you will be at or above your mark. i have faith

kc campbell
01-09-11, 8:44 pm
I'm with Introvert.

I commit myself to reaching 200 LBS, not missing a meal or training, never settling for less than the best, and not missing any assignments in school.

Supreme
01-10-11, 5:25 am
My commitment is to remain consistent and never quit.

dannynb
01-10-11, 3:27 pm
My commitment to myself is stay strong in my faith, and stay dedicated to all aspects of my training for the Europa.

naturalguy
01-10-11, 3:48 pm
Great idea for a thread.

My commitment is to compete in my first ever powerlifting meet on January 29th. After I accomplish that I will set a new commitment.

Firedrake
01-10-11, 5:26 pm
My commitment is to come in to the Fankhouser Classic at over 230 lbs. at 6% bodyfat or less.

conjugalburns
01-10-11, 6:40 pm
my commitment to myself is to keep pushing myself as hard as I can. To keep growing, now only in size but in all aspects of life, and to compete in a matter of years.

kong_13
01-10-11, 11:09 pm
My first Commitment is give my all on this Iron Contest IV and to follow my game plan from Dannynb to T.

Great Thread House.

Introvert
01-12-11, 12:42 am
you will own the 200 pound mark hit it hard and if you never give less then your best in the gym you will have pushed your self hard...

Thanks for the kind words man! A couple days ago I wasn't feelin energetic and it was leg day so i thought about skippin it. then i thought of this thread and i got in a good mental state, went and kicked my own ass in the gym.

I'm with Introvert.

I commit myself to reaching 200 LBS, not missing a meal or training, never settling for less than the best, and not missing any assignments in school.

Lets do this man! i weighed myself tonight. 195. I'm pumped. The day after christmas i was 189. Packin it on.

kc campbell
01-12-11, 12:48 am
Lets do this man! i weighed myself tonight. 195. I'm pumped. The day after christmas i was 189. Packin it on.

Dude you got that shit by the end of the month! I'm 181 right now, lookin to hit 200 by June.

Introvert
01-12-11, 12:05 pm
Dude you got that shit by the end of the month! I'm 181 right now, lookin to hit 200 by June.

ah you'll get there easily man. im stuffin myself every 2 hours, i hit my base of protein and carbs and then ill throw in a couple pb&j's on top of that for the extra calories. I've just started gainin like a madman and thankfully I don't gain much fat at all. What are you doin? If you don't gain fat easily, give that a go. Throw in some heavy ass liftin and you're good to go. I'd say you'd hit 200 by April.

kc campbell
01-12-11, 3:17 pm
ah you'll get there easily man. im stuffin myself every 2 hours, i hit my base of protein and carbs and then ill throw in a couple pb&j's on top of that for the extra calories. I've just started gainin like a madman and thankfully I don't gain much fat at all. What are you doin? If you don't gain fat easily, give that a go. Throw in some heavy ass liftin and you're good to go. I'd say you'd hit 200 by April.

Basically the same thing, the portions arent as big as I wish they were but its my first term in college so I'm still tryin to find a balance. Knock down about 3 or 4 cups of oats and then 4 or 5 turkey sandwiches through out the day with pb&j whenever I get a little hungry.

Cellardweller
01-12-11, 4:04 pm
I am committed to being a stonger and leaner me by not missing a day in the gym, increasing my cardio and focusing more on my diet

Introvert
01-12-11, 4:13 pm
Basically the same thing, the portions arent as big as I wish they were but its my first term in college so I'm still tryin to find a balance. Knock down about 3 or 4 cups of oats and then 4 or 5 turkey sandwiches through out the day with pb&j whenever I get a little hungry.

Hell ya dude turkey sandwiches and pb&j all day, everyday. Poundin those down you'll get to 200 before june. just stay consistent and focused.

Madcat
01-13-11, 2:50 pm
My commitment is to be healthier all around, I can not say I want to lose weight as I finally hit the 210 mark, but I want to lean up, I think I can measure this by taking 2 inches off my waist by the Arnold. Spend a lot of coin on a treadmill for home to do it, now a lot of it has to do with sedimentry work and diet at work. Picked up some clean food, and been eating much more lean meats with less bad carbs.

I have a few pairs of tight dress pants from when I started her, I want to be able to fit in them by march. BUT keeping the gains in muscle and not losing strength.

I know everyone can do it, if we keep with what we truly believe. This is a great post.

thunderbird2290
01-17-11, 11:19 pm
As I sit here in my mom's ICU room in the hospital, finally coming to grips with her nearing death, I commit myself to becoming the person I know she would be proud of. In the past 20 years of her life, she has taught me what it means to be a good person, how to love, how to respect and how much family matters.

I commit not only to my lifting, eating and fitness goals, but I also commit myself to becoming someone she would respect. I commit to finishing school, getting a Doctor Physical Therapy degree and create a life-long healthy path for myself while helping others. I wish to become everything I knew she would want me to be, and more.

I get all of my strength from my mother, who is the strongest woman I know. It is going to be hard without her, but I know she loves me, and with that, I can do anything.

Firedrake
01-18-11, 7:10 pm
As I sit here in my mom's ICU room in the hospital, finally coming to grips with her nearing death, I commit myself to becoming the person I know she would be proud of. In the past 20 years of her life, she has taught me what it means to be a good person, how to love, how to respect and how much family matters.

I commit not only to my lifting, eating and fitness goals, but I also commit myself to becoming someone she would respect. I commit to finishing school, getting a Doctor Physical Therapy degree and create a life-long healthy path for myself while helping others. I wish to become everything I knew she would want me to be, and more.

I get all of my strength from my mother, who is the strongest woman I know. It is going to be hard without her, but I know she loves me, and with that, I can do anything.

Brother,

May you draw strength to pursue from the lessons she taught you, joy from the laughter you shared, and be wrapped in her love in memory forever. You can do anything you set yourself to.

Dhair
01-20-11, 5:20 pm
I have one month left of offseason then i will start my prep for the state bodybuilding competition june 4th. I want to give it my all and win the teen division for South Carolina state......There is in this world no greater force than the force of a man determined to rise.

kong_13
01-21-11, 11:07 am
There is in this world no greater force than the force of a man determined to rise.

Well said!

G Diesel
01-21-11, 11:23 am

There is no greater commitment and resolution to make my brother... Live each day in a manner that will do her and her memory honor and take nothing for granted.

Be strong and know you always have support here if you need it.

Peace, G

The House
01-23-11, 9:18 pm
My commitment is to remain consistent and never quit.

Consistly consistent !

The House
01-23-11, 9:20 pm
Great idea for a thread.

My commitment is to compete in my first ever powerlifting meet on January 29th. After I accomplish that I will set a new commitment.

We are with you brotha ... I have been following your progress

The House
01-23-11, 9:20 pm
My commitment is to come in to the Fankhouser Classic at over 230 lbs. at 6% bodyfat or less.

Wow that's awesome and you will be huge bro

The House
01-23-11, 9:21 pm
my commitment to myself is to keep pushing myself as hard as I can. To keep growing, now only in size but in all aspects of life, and to compete in a matter of years.

Keep pushing bro you are your maker

The House
01-23-11, 9:22 pm
My first Commitment is give my all on this Iron Contest IV and to follow my game plan from Dannynb to T.

Great Thread House.

How's the progress going

The House
01-23-11, 9:24 pm
Thanks for the kind words man! A couple days ago I wasn't feelin energetic and it was leg day so i thought about skippin it. then i thought of this thread and i got in a good mental state, went and kicked my own ass in the gym.

Any updates

The House
01-23-11, 9:26 pm

U will u will we will have faith in you

The House
01-23-11, 9:27 pm

Pb &j :)

The House
01-23-11, 9:29 pm
I am committed to being a stonger and leaner me by not missing a day in the gym, increasing my cardio and focusing more on my diet

Never miss never stop

The House
01-23-11, 9:31 pm
Hell ya dude turkey sandwiches and pb&j all day, everyday. Poundin those down you'll get to 200 before june. just stay consistent and focused.

Consistently consistence

The House
01-23-11, 9:32 pm
My commitment is to be healthier all around, I can not say I want to lose weight as I finally hit the 210 mark, but I want to lean up, I think I can measure this by taking 2 inches off my waist by the Arnold. Spend a lot of coin on a treadmill for home to do it, now a lot of it has to do with sedimentry work and diet at work. Picked up some clean food, and been eating much more lean meats with less bad carbs.

I have a few pairs of tight dress pants from when I started her, I want to be able to fit in them by march. BUT keeping the gains in muscle and not losing strength.

I know everyone can do it, if we keep with what we truly believe. This is a great post.Nice mate

The House
01-23-11, 9:36 pm

I get all of my strength from my mother, who is the strongest woman I know. It is going to be hard without her, but I know she loves me, and with that, I can do anything.Hope all is well . Sorry to hear about your mother but she would be proud of u. U will do it bro and when times get tough just think back of how u are committed to your goal and how it will make her proud of u

The House
01-23-11, 9:38 pm
I have one month left of offseason then i will start my prep for the state bodybuilding competition june 4th. I want to give it my all and win the teen division for South Carolina state......There is in this world no greater force than the force of a man determined to rise.

Rise up son rise

The House
01-23-11, 9:39 pm
There is no greater commitment and resolution to make my brother... Live each day in a manner that will do her and her memory honor and take nothing for granted.

Be strong and know you always have support here if you need it.

Peace, G

Honor

kc campbell
01-23-11, 11:07 pm
Pb &j :)

House are you sayin just throw down pb&j's instead of turkey? or just puttin a smiley with em cause you like em hahah

kong_13
01-24-11, 12:14 pm
How's the progress going

Progress is going good. My weight is up about 10lbs in the first three weeks and I'm getting stronger with each workout. Danny has me hooked up!

Dhair
01-24-11, 5:09 pm
Rise up son rise

Thanks. I hope to one day step on the pro stage!!!

thunderbird2290
01-26-11, 8:47 pm
Hope all is well . Sorry to hear about your mother but she would be proud of u. U will do it bro and when times get tough just think back of how u are committed to your goal and how it will make her proud of u

Brother,

May you draw strength to pursue from the lessons she taught you, joy from the laughter you shared, and be wrapped in her love in memory forever. You can do anything you set yourself to.

Thank you both for the kind response, I really do appreciate all the support I've had, be it from friends, family, or others who I look up to who have never met me yet had the consideration to take the time to write. Again, I thank you.

The House
01-30-11, 8:39 pm
House are you sayin just throw down pb&j's instead of turkey? or just puttin a smiley with em cause you like em hahah

just because i like it lol but yes turkey is much better for u

The House
01-30-11, 8:40 pm
Progress is going good. My weight is up about 10lbs in the first three weeks and I'm getting stronger with each workout. Danny has me hooked up!

10 pounds is nice thats some serious mass bro keep it going

The House
01-30-11, 8:41 pm
Thanks. I hope to one day step on the pro stage!!!

keep doing the work and the hope will turn into the real thing bro... keep focused and you will reach your goals

The House
01-30-11, 8:43 pm
Thank you both for the kind response, I really do appreciate all the support I've had, be it from friends, family, or others who I look up to who have never met me yet had the consideration to take the time to write. Again, I thank you.

anytime mate.. you are one of us we will always have your back

The House
01-30-11, 8:45 pm
new goal for this new month coming up. i will train until my muscle fails on each set i will not stop at a number that i have in my head i will fight the pain and push on till the weight wins each set.

The House
01-30-11, 8:45 pm
any other new ones

Blondie Weapon X
01-30-11, 9:27 pm
My commitment to myself is to continue to be better than the day before. To keep setting goals small or big and then finding ways to achieve them.
My current goal is to bring the best package that I can to each of the shows that I do this year!
With the final best package being the Npc Fankhouser show in November :)

Dhair
01-31-11, 6:43 pm
keep doing the work and the hope will turn into the real thing bro... keep focused and you will reach your goals

Thanks bro.

Ricky P
02-02-11, 9:01 am
Great thread, House.

I've been told by a couple that I have commitment issues.... that's another story - but let's try and change all that..

My commitment is to have my body reach it's full potential, finally. I've been going 50%-80% with lifting for way too long, what am I scared of? It's happening now, or it just won't happen. It's time to commit to eating right, getting my priorities straight, and staying there! LET'S FUCKING GO.

The_Genius
02-08-11, 2:50 pm
up 5 lbs since last month

kong_13
02-09-11, 9:03 am

Nicely done! Keep up the hard work brother!

Cellardweller
02-21-11, 5:52 pm
Brothers, I find myself wanting more than I had set out to do on this Journey. I find myself humbled and inspired by so many of you lately. I now find myself commited to destroying myself and rebuilding into something more. I just want to say thank you to all of you for your knowlege, pain, struggle and to those of you with the balls to get up on the stage and compete for the first time. You guys are all true Animals.

Imjorman
02-22-11, 2:26 pm
My commitment is to stay dedicated to dieting down and training hard in the midst of the busy days of life.

The House
03-20-11, 8:43 pm
My commitment to myself is to continue to be better than the day before. To keep setting goals small or big and then finding ways to achieve them.
My current goal is to bring the best package that I can to each of the shows that I do this year!
With the final best package being the Npc Fankhouser show in November :)

how is it going girl you on track

The House
03-20-11, 8:44 pm
Thanks bro.

welcome

The House
03-20-11, 8:45 pm
Great thread, House.

I've been told by a couple that I have commitment issues.... that's another story - but let's try and change all that..

My commitment is to have my body reach it's full potential, finally. I've been going 50%-80% with lifting for way too long, what am I scared of? It's happening now, or it just won't happen. It's time to commit to eating right, getting my priorities straight, and staying there! LET'S FUCKING GO.

yes sir are you on track is your commitment going strong bro

The House
03-20-11, 8:46 pm

good progress mate... soon it will be 6 7 8 keep at it

The House
03-20-11, 8:46 pm
Nicely done! Keep up the hard work brother!

hard work pays the bills yes and gets you huge

The House
03-20-11, 8:48 pm
Brothers, I find myself wanting more than I had set out to do on this Journey. I find myself humbled and inspired by so many of you lately. I now find myself commited to destroying myself and rebuilding into something more. I just want to say thank you to all of you for your knowlege, pain, struggle and to those of you with the balls to get up on the stage and compete for the first time. You guys are all true Animals.

we are all true animals you must want to do something and then go do it yes. mind over matter

The House
03-20-11, 8:49 pm
My commitment is to stay dedicated to dieting down and training hard in the midst of the busy days of life.

are you still on pace mate... hows the diet going....

The House
03-20-11, 8:50 pm
new one for me...
i commit to wake up 20 mins earlier each day so i can start to do more cardio in the mornings...

The House
03-20-11, 8:51 pm
does anyone else have any new commitments and is everyone staying on track..

The_Genius
03-20-11, 9:55 pm
good progress mate... soon it will be 6 7 8 keep at it

hit mt goal a little while back, 6 months, 30 lbs.

Imjorman
03-20-11, 10:23 pm
are you still on pace mate... hows the diet going....

Diets going well man. Looks like I'm on track. Trainer (DannyNB) thinks I'm on track for show coming up...

phantasm
03-21-11, 1:04 am
I commit not to miss a workout no matter how tired I am from school or track practice, and once the summer starts not to skip any early morning runs

kong_13
03-21-11, 9:18 am
does anyone else have any new commitments and is everyone staying on track..

Staying on track brother... With the help of Dannynb, I have been kicking my ass in the gym and in the kitchen for this iron challenge. I have put on 27lbs since Jan 3rd with the solid dieting and animal sups!

DanTheMan
03-21-11, 9:19 am
my commitment is to keep up my 3.5 GPA at the end of this tough semester, while balancing training towards (and gaining enough balls) to commit to do my first bodybuilding show

jandirigma
03-21-11, 6:35 pm
I'll do my best to go hard at the Sport Performance course that I'm currently taking abroad, away from loved ones. That means, doing research on my own in order to learn more even if it may not be required yet, to work diligently on my papers, to eat properly, and to train harder, constantly seeking improvement. It's a learning process and a rare opportunity I've been blessed to have been given, so I can't waste it. Through this, I also want to prove to myself that I'm worthy of the Animal name.

The House
03-27-11, 8:35 pm

congrats 30 pounds is no joke

The House
03-27-11, 8:36 pm
Diets going well man. Looks like I'm on track. Trainer (DannyNB) thinks I'm on track for show coming up...

sounds good danny is a smart man

The House
03-27-11, 8:37 pm
I commit not to miss a workout no matter how tired I am from school or track practice, and once the summer starts not to skip any early morning runs

good deal mate... dont miss any and you will be stronger for it.

The House
03-27-11, 8:38 pm
Staying on track brother... With the help of Dannynb, I have been kicking my ass in the gym and in the kitchen for this iron challenge. I have put on 27lbs since Jan 3rd with the solid dieting and animal sups!

27 pounds congrats seems like everyone is gaining some weight i am pumped

The House
03-27-11, 8:39 pm
my commitment is to keep up my 3.5 GPA at the end of this tough semester, while balancing training towards (and gaining enough balls) to commit to do my first bodybuilding show

yes mate grades first 3.5 is a great gpa keep it up. and as for shows there is no better time than now.

The House
03-27-11, 8:42 pm
I'll do my best to go hard at the Sport Performance course that I'm currently taking abroad, away from loved ones. That means, doing research on my own in order to learn more even if it may not be required yet, to work diligently on my papers, to eat properly, and to train harder, constantly seeking improvement. It's a learning process and a rare opportunity I've been blessed to have been given, so I can't waste it. Through this, I also want to prove to myself that I'm worthy of the Animal name.

good luck on the course and safe returns from abroad.. and take advantage of your opportunity you will come out on top mate and wear you animal name proud...

The House
03-27-11, 8:43 pm
i am up two pounds from last week and will keep plugging away till i reach my goals.

LegendKillerJosh
03-27-11, 8:57 pm
Nice thread! I like a lot of things I've heard in interviews with Tom Platz about commitment to this sport. It takes a lot of dedication to go beyond your personal limits time in and time out. You can't get bigger, stronger and better without doing whatever it takes. You can't get stronger without going above and beyond every workout. You can't get bigger without eating bigger and bigger. You can't get better without the most meticulous planning, preparing, and then most importantly, doing.

That is what makes this sport so great, it is the definition of a 2-way street. You get out of it exactly what you put in. Your body does not naturally put on huge muscles and adapt to lifting superhuman weights. You must force it to. You must pound yourself into submission with the power of the mind and fuel your body with plenty of nutrients to do so. You can't just go through the motions. You have to be mentally prepared before every workout to let your muscles know what they are about to go through. You must eat and rest enough to grow. It takes plenty of planning, preparing, cooking and eating. Avoiding things like alcohol and partying to recuperate properly. It takes a level of dedication that ordinary folks can't understand.

Bottom line - You don't do the work, you don't get the results.

P.S. Never forget to set little goals as well as big goals. Before you can bench 400, you have to be able to bench 350 and before that, 300. Set little goals, and write down in your notebook the date you accomplished it. If you can add 20 pounds per year to your lifts, think of where you'll be in 10 years, and then go out and fucking do it.

kong_13
03-27-11, 10:47 pm
i am up two pounds from last week and will keep plugging away till i reach my goals.

Nicely done House! Keep up the hard work and stay focused on the prize!

GUNS
03-28-11, 1:57 am
House, I had to think about this. I am already commited to making sure I get all my meals in. Already not missing any workouts. And man I put my family up there in front making sure all I do is for them. So I am going to be commited to staying commited, if that makes any sense. I feel I am on the right track for ME, and want to keep it that way!

jandirigma
03-28-11, 1:58 am
good luck on the course and safe returns from abroad.. and take advantage of your opportunity you will come out on top mate and wear you animal name proud...

Thanks, House. No opportunity will go to waste here.

jandirigma
03-28-11, 2:08 am
Just an update on my current progress, fellas. I'm back to basic routines and have made some pretty steady strength gains. I can't find a scale here and can't afford one, so measuring size increases is an issue. However, I definitely do feel a bit fuller and stronger (especially legs) with the basic routines. I'm not heaving monstrous weight, I'm just not that huge and strong, but I'm going hard for sure, really focusing on technique. As far as my commitment in my academics is going, so far I haven't gotten a lower grade than an A. In fact it was cool that I aced my first exam in Anatomy and Physiology. So far so good. Hope I can keep a pretty mean streak. Gotta stay consistent and grounded, nothing kills progress like laziness and pride.

The House
04-03-11, 9:57 am
Nice thread! I like a lot of things I've heard in interviews with Tom Platz about commitment to this sport. It takes a lot of dedication to go beyond your personal limits time in and time out. You can't get bigger, stronger and better without doing whatever it takes. You can't get stronger without going above and beyond every workout. You can't get bigger without eating bigger and bigger. You can't get better without the most meticulous planning, preparing, and then most importantly, doing.

That is what makes this sport so great, it is the definition of a 2-way street. You get out of it exactly what you put in. Your body does not naturally put on huge muscles and adapt to lifting superhuman weights. You must force it to. You must pound yourself into submission with the power of the mind and fuel your body with plenty of nutrients to do so. You can't just go through the motions. You have to be mentally prepared before every workout to let your muscles know what they are about to go through. You must eat and rest enough to grow. It takes plenty of planning, preparing, cooking and eating. Avoiding things like alcohol and partying to recuperate properly. It takes a level of dedication that ordinary folks can't understand.

Bottom line - You don't do the work, you don't get the results.

P.S. Never forget to set little goals as well as big goals. Before you can bench 400, you have to be able to bench 350 and before that, 300. Set little goals, and write down in your notebook the date you accomplished it. If you can add 20 pounds per year to your lifts, think of where you'll be in 10 years, and then go out and fucking do it.

Well said brother. It's like a help your self game.

The House
04-03-11, 9:58 am
Nicely done House! Keep up the hard work and stay focused on the prize!

Thanks plugging away

The House
04-03-11, 10:00 am
House, I had to think about this. I am already commited to making sure I get all my meals in. Already not missing any workouts. And man I put my family up there in front making sure all I do is for them. So I am going to be commited to staying commited, if that makes any sense. I feel I am on the right track for ME, and want to keep it that way!

Yes stay on the right path

The House
04-03-11, 10:02 am
Thanks, House. No opportunity will go to waste here.

Yes mate

The House
04-03-11, 10:10 am
Just an update on my current progress, fellas. I'm back to basic routines and have made some pretty steady strength gains. I can't find a scale here and can't afford one, so measuring size increases is an issue. However, I definitely do feel a bit fuller and stronger (especially legs) with the basic routines. I'm not heaving monstrous weight, I'm just not that huge and strong, but I'm going hard for sure, really focusing on technique. As far as my commitment in my academics is going, so far I haven't gotten a lower grade than an A. In fact it was cool that I aced my first exam in Anatomy and Physiology. So far so good. Hope I can keep a pretty mean streak. Gotta stay consistent and grounded, nothing kills progress like laziness and pride.

Always got to have that fire inside. Never settle and u will have that fire

The House
04-03-11, 5:37 pm
up one pound this week... i am going to keep pluggin away

kc campbell
04-03-11, 5:41 pm
I'm with Introvert.

Gettin there, weighed 193 this morning.

Firedrake
04-03-11, 7:42 pm
Well, I'm buckling down to build mass . . . I'm up 5 lbs. in the last month, and my waist is down. I can tell because my lifting belt is looser <grin>.

jandirigma
04-08-11, 7:44 am
My first semester in NZ is almost done, and I've done better than I thought I would. Looks like a great year is yet to come for me to perfect my craft and continue learning about the human body. Sucks that I'm injured yet again in a span of seven weeks, so training the upper body will be an issue. However, I think I've finally struck the balance between the aesthetic figure and boxing performance that I want now, although I'd still want more mass. My competition speed has returned but my strength has also increased greatly. My abs are more defined since I came to this country too. In the Philippines, I was roughly 20-odd percent of fat and am now at 12% alongside the strength gains, which surprised me. The best is yet to come.

The House
04-10-11, 8:35 pm

great mate 30 pounds is no joke

The House
04-10-11, 8:37 pm
Gettin there, weighed 193 this morning.

193 is good keep you mind on the goal and you will see the goal at hand and get to set a new one

The House
04-10-11, 8:38 pm
Well, I'm buckling down to build mass . . . I'm up 5 lbs. in the last month, and my waist is down. I can tell because my lifting belt is looser <grin>.

the belt is a good indication lol i do that to

The House
04-10-11, 8:40 pm
My first semester in NZ is almost done, and I've done better than I thought I would. Looks like a great year is yet to come for me to perfect my craft and continue learning about the human body. Sucks that I'm injured yet again in a span of seven weeks, so training the upper body will be an issue. However, I think I've finally struck the balance between the aesthetic figure and boxing performance that I want now, although I'd still want more mass. My competition speed has returned but my strength has also increased greatly. My abs are more defined since I came to this country too. In the Philippines, I was roughly 20-odd percent of fat and am now at 12% alongside the strength gains, which surprised me. The best is yet to come.

yes seems like the bf has came down that is a great feeling... keep focused and always stay motivated.

krindal
04-11-11, 1:37 pm
Like many others on this forum I'm trying to get bigger and bigger. So my commitment will be to stop missing meals, especially at my work.

The House
04-17-11, 9:07 pm
Like many others on this forum I'm trying to get bigger and bigger. So my commitment will be to stop missing meals, especially at my work.

thats a get commitment. thats one of mine to....

The House
04-17-11, 9:09 pm
just wanted to tell everyone thanks and to keep up the good work on the commitments..

jandirigma
04-17-11, 11:40 pm
just wanted to tell everyone thanks and to keep up the good work on the commitments..

...and thanks a lot for the thread and the support. Having our goals written up here for everyone to see, really helps keep us stay commited.

The House
04-24-11, 8:50 pm
...and thanks a lot for the thread and the support. Having our goals written up here for everyone to see, really helps keep us stay commited.

thanks its always good to have your goals up on the board so you dont forget about them

The House
05-01-11, 5:30 pm
I been spot on guys I cant wait to hit my goal

The House
05-01-11, 5:32 pm
I know my next commitment . Mid may I am going to start my cut down

GUNS
05-02-11, 11:16 am
Are you doing a test cut? See how things work for you?

The House
05-08-11, 8:12 pm
Are you doing a test cut? See how things work for you?

yes i am i cant wait a test run will be fun and good for the mind

The House
05-08-11, 8:12 pm
happy mothers day to all the animal mothers out there

The House
05-08-11, 8:13 pm
been getting all my cardio in and it feels good

The House
05-08-11, 8:14 pm
once i start my cut i will post my new goals in this section thanks guys for all the support

Gorilla.
05-08-11, 9:29 pm
my commitment is to stick to my diet, give 110% in all of my workouts and get to 225 and lower than 15% body fat in 4 months. 205 now and 20% body fat

GUNS
05-09-11, 12:05 am
yes i am i cant wait a test run will be fun and good for the mind

I hear you House and smart on your part. I have to cut every 6 months for our Military weigh ins. In the last 2 years, every 6 month I get to see where I stand. I usually gain about 4-5 lbs every 6 months when I weigh in, after my cut. I have slowly been adding muscle. This past time I feel like I was able to keep on more muscle. Can't wait to hear some of you master plan!

jandirigma
05-12-11, 8:32 pm
Haven't been up in here for some time, been busy writing papers and studying for my Sport Performance course. So far, the grades have been top notch, so my commitment to perform well seems pretty good so far. I nearly got full marks for Exercise Science and Nutrition, falling behind by 2%, which is a huge confidence booster. I'm slightly heavier at 60.3 kg, but I'm getting some better definition on my lower back and abs. Although, I may look slightly smaller compared to late last year, the good thing is that I feel I've somewhat hit the jackpot (or half a jackpot) on my aesthetic to performance balance. Just good enough to look and feel good and execute techniques smoothly at the same time. Much better than last year for sure. Arms seem slightly more vascular too, which is cool. I guess keeping a better diet plan here in NZ, while staying on my personal fight conditioning and fight training which I do in school helped quite a lot. Ironically, I won't focus too much on bulking this time around, since I sense the need to focus more on performance this year due to fight training.

The House
05-15-11, 8:39 pm
my commitment is to stick to my diet, give 110% in all of my workouts and get to 225 and lower than 15% body fat in 4 months. 205 now and 20% body fat

sounds like a man on a mission keep it going bro and keep us posted on the progress

The House
05-15-11, 8:40 pm
I hear you House and smart on your part. I have to cut every 6 months for our Military weigh ins. In the last 2 years, every 6 month I get to see where I stand. I usually gain about 4-5 lbs every 6 months when I weigh in, after my cut. I have slowly been adding muscle. This past time I feel like I was able to keep on more muscle. Can't wait to hear some of you master plan!

you got the right idea i like it. doing that dont let you get to out of control

The House
05-15-11, 8:43 pm
Haven't been up in here for some time, been busy writing papers and studying for my Sport Performance course. So far, the grades have been top notch, so my commitment to perform well seems pretty good so far. I nearly got full marks for Exercise Science and Nutrition, falling behind by 2%, which is a huge confidence booster. I'm slightly heavier at 60.3 kg, but I'm getting some better definition on my lower back and abs. Although, I may look slightly smaller compared to late last year, the good thing is that I feel I've somewhat hit the jackpot (or half a jackpot) on my aesthetic to performance balance. Just good enough to look and feel good and execute techniques smoothly at the same time. Much better than last year for sure. Arms seem slightly more vascular too, which is cool. I guess keeping a better diet plan here in NZ, while staying on my personal fight conditioning and fight training which I do in school helped quite a lot. Ironically, I won't focus too much on bulking this time around, since I sense the need to focus more on performance this year due to fight training.

much respect mate. you have been doing tons and are keeping on track. i am proud of you dedication to your school, training and work. thanks bro for the update keep it going

The House
05-15-11, 8:44 pm
you can follow my crazy life on twitter erikfankhouser

The House
05-15-11, 8:46 pm
the last week or so has been great from a training point my commitment this month is to focus more on my wife and help her out around the house more. go ahead and laugh but it is a good thing because she helps me so much.

jandirigma
05-16-11, 3:36 am
the last week or so has been great from a training point my commitment this month is to focus more on my wife and help her out around the house more. go ahead and laugh but it is a good thing because she helps me so much.

No shame there, man. All about giving back, especially if you've been helped by someone. Man, that's a reminder for me, 'cause sometimes I just hate having to do dishes... but then it's the least I can do to do my part. Sounds petty, but then, small stuff make huge differences if you lend a hand.

jandirigma
05-16-11, 3:38 am
much respect mate. you have been doing tons and are keeping on track. i am proud of you dedication to your school, training and work. thanks bro for the update keep it going

Thanks a lot, House. Posting up here gives me a good sense of pressure to make sure the work gets done. Just a few more months to go, and I'm through for the year. Can't wait to come back home to my family for Christmas after all this, hehe!

jandirigma
05-18-11, 11:14 pm
Success! Almost nailed my presentation on communication between different gym cultures. Fell short by 2% of total marks again. I've just finished two papers due for for Sport Practical and Exercise Prescription tomorrow and one paper for Nutrtition due on June. I'm hoping that I can get a similar score or better yet, full marks. I wanna close in on that 2% and get an ace.

For training, I haven't been on my own program for three weeks since I had to be a guinea pig for exams. My muscular endurance seems to have improved through it, as well as my abiliy to sustain power for a longer period through resistance exercise-based cardio circuits and strength training in higher rep ranges. So far so good.

The House
05-22-11, 9:09 pm
No shame there, man. All about giving back, especially if you've been helped by someone. Man, that's a reminder for me, 'cause sometimes I just hate having to do dishes... but then it's the least I can do to do my part. Sounds petty, but then, small stuff make huge differences if you lend a hand.

true mate 100% with ya on that its the small stuff that makes a difference.

The House
05-22-11, 9:10 pm
Thanks a lot, House. Posting up here gives me a good sense of pressure to make sure the work gets done. Just a few more months to go, and I'm through for the year. Can't wait to come back home to my family for Christmas after all this, hehe!

i am sure the fam will be very excited to see you..

The House
05-22-11, 9:13 pm
Success! Almost nailed my presentation on communication between different gym cultures. Fell short by 2% of total marks again. I've just finished two papers due for for Sport Practical and Exercise Prescription tomorrow and one paper for Nutrtition due on June. I'm hoping that I can get a similar score or better yet, full marks. I wanna close in on that 2% and get an ace.

For training, I haven't been on my own program for three weeks since I had to be a guinea pig for exams. My muscular endurance seems to have improved through it, as well as my abiliy to sustain power for a longer period through resistance exercise-based cardio circuits and strength training in higher rep ranges. So far so good.

you are a busy man congrats on the good test scores. good luck with writing the papers. keep up the hard work in the gym i know it can be hard when you are busy but it will all pay off in the end

The House
05-22-11, 9:15 pm
http://twitter.com/#!/erikfankhouser if anyone uses it follow me and i will get to see what u guys do to thanks

The House
05-29-11, 9:22 am
New one for me is to make sure I get to bed earlier so I can grow better

The House
06-05-11, 7:16 pm
come on guys there has to be more out there or even some updates on them. bump

DanTheMan
06-05-11, 11:49 pm
following you on that twitter world, @DANIMALquach.. lol your tweets sometimes are fuckin hiliarious.

but I grew some balls and I've made the decision to do my first show! it's INBF and I'm about 7weeks out. Also finished last semester with a 3.85GPA and taking classes this summer too during my prep.

jandirigma
06-06-11, 3:56 am
you are a busy man congrats on the good test scores. good luck with writing the papers. keep up the hard work in the gym i know it can be hard when you are busy but it will all pay off in the end

Will do, House. Gotta keep working, wanna feel worthy to come back home, hehe.

jandirigma
06-06-11, 3:57 am
New one for me is to make sure I get to bed earlier so I can grow better

Hmmm, think I should do that too. Right now, my body clock's wasted. Good goal, man. No rest, no growth.

jandirigma
06-06-11, 4:01 am
Almost there! In a few weeks, I'll be a certified level 3 trainer (next sem level 4) and first aid fella. I'm really aiming for honors for this year before I move on to the bachelors degree.

jandirigma
06-06-11, 4:11 am
i am sure the fam will be very excited to see you..

I think I'll be more excited than them though! Seeing everyone would probably feel like the best reward for finishing school...I'd be so psyched.

Big C
06-07-11, 2:10 pm
A lot of people cut during the summer, but I am bulking hard this summer to put on some quality size. I start a new phase next week and I would like to be around 265 by the end of August and don't look sloppy. I'm gonna throw 20-30 minutes cardio in 3 days a week to keep me in check.

My long-term goal is to compete next May in a bbing show in Canton so I am doing everything possible to improve in some areas before I cut down.

wedge
06-07-11, 7:28 pm
A lot of people cut during the summer, but I am bulking hard this summer to put on some quality size. I start a new phase next week and I would like to be around 265 by the end of August and don't look sloppy. I'm gonna throw 20-30 minutes cardio in 3 days a week to keep me in check.

My long-term goal is to compete next May in a bbing show in Canton so I am doing everything possible to improve in some areas before I cut down.

This could work to your advantage. Summer barbeques with huge helpings of chicken and beef......

The House
06-12-11, 6:09 pm
following you on that twitter world, @DANIMALquach.. lol your tweets sometimes are fuckin hiliarious.

but I grew some balls and I've made the decision to do my first show! it's INBF and I'm about 7weeks out. Also finished last semester with a 3.85GPA and taking classes this summer too during my prep.

you are a busy man. good luck with the contest prep hows it coming.. thanks for the follow

The House
06-12-11, 6:10 pm
Will do, House. Gotta keep working, wanna feel worthy to come back home, hehe.

you will do great bro.. and yes gotta keep working

The House
06-12-11, 6:11 pm
Hmmm, think I should do that too. Right now, my body clock's wasted. Good goal, man. No rest, no growth.

nail on the head mate sleep to grow eat to grow

The House
06-12-11, 6:13 pm
Almost there! In a few weeks, I'll be a certified level 3 trainer (next sem level 4) and first aid fella. I'm really aiming for honors for this year before I move on to the bachelors degree.

damn keep busting the levels out... keeping educating bro

The House
06-12-11, 6:14 pm
I think I'll be more excited than them though! Seeing everyone would probably feel like the best reward for finishing school...I'd be so psyched.

yes it will be. hard work will pay off

The House
06-12-11, 6:15 pm

thats awesome big c. cant wait to see all the hard work u put in pay off...

jandirigma
06-12-11, 6:40 pm
damn keep busting the levels out... keeping educating bro

Oh yeah! Won't disappoint on this thing. Cheers, House.

kc campbell
06-12-11, 6:49 pm
I commit myself to competing by the end of 2011, and bringing my best possible package to the stage.

Dhair
06-13-11, 9:50 am
Erik just wanted to let you know i did compete june 4th. I didnt win but i got 2nd place. I worked my ass off and did my best.I will have to try harder and keep pushing myself. Thanks to you and all the guys at animal yall keep me motivated.

DanTheMan
06-13-11, 11:48 pm
you are a busy man. good luck with the contest prep hows it coming.. thanks for the follow

thanks my man... 6 weeks out and looking pretty good... body is reacting pretty well to dieting, and i'm surpirsed how mentally tough I have learned to be and bare through it all.

The House
06-19-11, 8:07 pm
Oh yeah! Won't disappoint on this thing. Cheers, House.

keep your grind on

The House
06-19-11, 8:08 pm
I commit myself to competing by the end of 2011, and bringing my best possible package to the stage.

thats what i like to hear keep it going do it

The House
06-19-11, 8:09 pm
Erik just wanted to let you know i did compete june 4th. I didnt win but i got 2nd place. I worked my ass off and did my best.I will have to try harder and keep pushing myself. Thanks to you and all the guys at animal yall keep me motivated.

awesome bro proud of ya. glad it turned out good for you.

The House
06-19-11, 8:10 pm
thanks my man... 6 weeks out and looking pretty good... body is reacting pretty well to dieting, and i'm surpirsed how mentally tough I have learned to be and bare through it all.

yes it is hard on the head. but will make other things in life easier with this toughness

The House
06-19-11, 8:11 pm
wake up 10 mins earlier so i can get more cardio in. i hate 4 am anyone think 350 am is better ? lol

DanTheMan
06-20-11, 8:06 am
yes it is hard on the head. but will make other things in life easier with this toughness

yeah I think after learning how to time manage and balance out and stay mentally tough while busting my ass in the gym, my senior year should be a breeze! Which will give me time to grow..

5 weeks out this past saturday!

wake up 10 mins earlier so i can get more cardio in. i hate 4 am anyone think 350 am is better ? lol

might as well make it 3:30am brotha lol

The House
06-26-11, 10:57 am
yeah I think after learning how to time manage and balance out and stay mentally tough while busting my ass in the gym, my senior year should be a breeze! Which will give me time to grow..

5 weeks out this past saturday!

might as well make it 3:30am brotha lol

In due time

Lunatic001
06-29-11, 1:16 am
I commit myself to get back into the grind after still recovering from two car wrecks.....can't wait to get started....July 1st for me...

Lunatic001

GUNS
06-29-11, 1:22 am
Awesome!

The House
07-03-11, 8:44 pm
I commit myself to get back into the grind after still recovering from two car wrecks.....can't wait to get started....July 1st for me...

Lunatic001

Two wrecks wow mate hope all is well start strong on the 1st mate

The House
07-03-11, 8:46 pm
Awesome!

Sounds like awesome to me

The House
07-10-11, 8:09 pm

Lunatic001

hows it going mate 10 days in right now any progress

DanTheMan
07-10-11, 8:37 pm
12 days out from my first show.. INBF southern states...... anxious as fuck.

Firedrake
07-10-11, 10:07 pm

Lunatic001

Jesse, you're supposed to report on car wrecks and stop bad drivers, not get INTO them! How's it going?

Firedrake
07-10-11, 10:08 pm

Dan, my first was July 24th of last year, so I know just where you are. Best of luck to you!

Lunatic001
07-10-11, 11:45 pm
Jesse, you're supposed to report on car wrecks and stop bad drivers, not get INTO them! How's it going?

Good big man, but sometimes you can't control other! How have you been?

Lunatic001
07-10-11, 11:47 pm
hows it going mate 10 days in right now any progress

Started the diet and bodyweight excercises since july 1st starting weight training tommorrow, here we go thanks for checking in on me!

P.S. any tips on shoulder bursitis from a car wreck?

DanTheMan
07-10-11, 11:51 pm
Dan, my first was July 24th of last year, so I know just where you are. Best of luck to you!

thanks biggin... I need the confidence that I have underneath the squat bar... but it's like my first ever powerlifting meet all over again-- i don't wanna get stuck under the weight-- i don't wanna bring a bad package to the stage ya know

The House
07-17-11, 7:23 pm

let us know how it goes

The House
07-17-11, 7:24 pm

true true

The House
07-17-11, 7:25 pm

man every show i have ever done the last few weeks are tough because you are so pumped

The House
07-17-11, 7:26 pm
Started the diet and bodyweight excercises since july 1st starting weight training tommorrow, here we go thanks for checking in on me!

P.S. any tips on shoulder bursitis from a car wreck?

keep it going. dont stop the shoulder will heal up

The House
07-17-11, 7:27 pm
thanks biggin... I need the confidence that I have underneath the squat bar... but it's like my first ever powerlifting meet all over again-- i don't wanna get stuck under the weight-- i don't wanna bring a bad package to the stage ya know

you will be good bro

The House
07-24-11, 6:07 pm
any updates guys.

Bruiser
07-24-11, 6:17 pm
I was up in Madison yesterday to finally meet up with my Animal brother BryanSmash at a powerlifting event. I was just there to watch and cheer him on. Damn, I've never felt like such a skinny little pussy in my life!! Watching Bryan and everybody was fucking awesome. I watched a 62 year old set a world record and an 18 year old kid just missed on pulling 800 lbs!! WTF?!?! This brought me to a turning point. I've been dealing with back pain and an injury for too long. Somedays if I stand up wrong it will tweak my lower back and I can't walk for a few days let alone lift. I've got to see a specialist to find out what to do in order to get my back to return to 100% so I can start really lifting. I would give anything to be able to be on that platform with everybody screaming for me and pulling weight that I never thought was possible, which could be 200 lbs for all I know. I'm definitely going to look into a half rack at least to try to start strengthening my back with rack pulls. First though, this week I'm going to see if I can get in to see my Dr to start scheduling an MRI and some X-Rays and get me into physical therapy to see what can be done. I'm sick of dealing with this pain and limiting what I can do. Even though I haven't felt this good since before my surgery, I'm still lucky if I'm at 20%. That's just not good enough.

The full story is that it was October '07 when I trashed my back the last time and December '07 when they botched the surgery. The fact that they didn't fix the disk they were supposed to and damaged two more in the process was bad. But what made it worse that it took the doctors over 6 months to get me into physical therapy. By then there was so much scar tissure that they couldn't do anything about it. So the Dr's just gave me a running script for vicodin, morphine and fentanyl. That caused me to end up with a horrible addiction that almost killed me. i ended up 135 lbs by the time I for clean almost 2 years ago. So now it's time to start over. We've got a new hospital getting finished in the next few months that is supposed to have a great rehab clinic and physical therapy unit. So I'm going to see what my options are. Plus I'm gonna up my chiropractor visits to 3 times a week too. It's going to be a long road, but I'm looking forward to it. I need to be here for my kids and be as big and strong as the superhero they see me as.

The House
07-31-11, 9:53 pm
I was up in Madison yesterday to finally meet up with my Animal brother BryanSmash at a powerlifting event. I was just there to watch and cheer him on. Damn, I've never felt like such a skinny little pussy in my life!! Watching Bryan and everybody was fucking awesome. I watched a 62 year old set a world record and an 18 year old kid just missed on pulling 800 lbs!! WTF?!?! This brought me to a turning point. I've been dealing with back pain and an injury for too long. Somedays if I stand up wrong it will tweak my lower back and I can't walk for a few days let alone lift. I've got to see a specialist to find out what to do in order to get my back to return to 100% so I can start really lifting. I would give anything to be able to be on that platform with everybody screaming for me and pulling weight that I never thought was possible, which could be 200 lbs for all I know. I'm definitely going to look into a half rack at least to try to start strengthening my back with rack pulls. First though, this week I'm going to see if I can get in to see my Dr to start scheduling an MRI and some X-Rays and get me into physical therapy to see what can be done. I'm sick of dealing with this pain and limiting what I can do. Even though I haven't felt this good since before my surgery, I'm still lucky if I'm at 20%. That's just not good enough.

The full story is that it was October '07 when I trashed my back the last time and December '07 when they botched the surgery. The fact that they didn't fix the disk they were supposed to and damaged two more in the process was bad. But what made it worse that it took the doctors over 6 months to get me into physical therapy. By then there was so much scar tissure that they couldn't do anything about it. So the Dr's just gave me a running script for vicodin, morphine and fentanyl. That caused me to end up with a horrible addiction that almost killed me. i ended up 135 lbs by the time I for clean almost 2 years ago. So now it's time to start over. We've got a new hospital getting finished in the next few months that is supposed to have a great rehab clinic and physical therapy unit. So I'm going to see what my options are. Plus I'm gonna up my chiropractor visits to 3 times a week too. It's going to be a long road, but I'm looking forward to it. I need to be here for my kids and be as big and strong as the superhero they see me as.
man you did go through a lot i hope you recover and get back at it soon. kids are very important

The House
07-31-11, 9:54 pm
new one for me going to drink 2 gallons of water a day not been getting enough in so i need to measure it out better.

The House
07-31-11, 9:55 pm
are there and new ones out there. or more updates

Firedrake
08-01-11, 10:03 pm
new one for me going to drink 2 gallons of water a day not been getting enough in so i need to measure it out better.

I was kind of surprised the other day, weighing myself at the beginning and end of the workout, that even in just tank top and shorts, I'm dropping between 4 and 6 pounds of water in ONE workout! I knew my shirt, shorts and towel were soaked; I didn't realize it was THAT much.

Drink up!

BTW, I've decided NOT to compete in November, in favor of building more mass. I realized the other day that I've actually added 28 pounds of muscle since my show last July, and I want to keep going, to make a better showing when I DO get up there.

Firedrake
08-01-11, 10:07 pm

Bruiser, you may have heard, I'm the poster child for bad backs around here. 4 years ago last week, (yeah, July '07), I had three discs replaced, a titanium cage built from S1 up to L2, screwed into the vertebrae, a fusion of L5-S1, and two nerve transplants. It's been a long road of therapy and training, and my glutes STILL don't work quite right, and my right leg is STILL weaker than my left. Yet, a year ago, I was in a my first competition since I was 18, and I'm working on getting big enough to make a better showing for my next one. I'm 57.

Please let me know if there's any advice I can offer, help I can give, or anything else. You CAN do this.

SWORN
08-02-11, 1:07 pm
Hows that water intake coming along HOUSE? Drink up bro!! HaHa! I think we all have a problem drinking enough water. It just sucks! So other than a water intake problem I have entered sobriety about 6 months ago and fuck it sucks! Thats an on going issue but not the commitment i want to post today. Cuz of all these changes going on inside my body I have all of a sudden been feeling freakin beat and my energy level has been struggling wich has affected getting my ass out of bed in the morn to get to the gym. So I am making the commitment to start doing so and stop dragging ass!! MOTIVATE ME ANIMALS!!

Shahabidabi
08-03-11, 7:59 am
I commit myself to staying on my diet and continuing my workout routine, no matter how much I want to say "Fuck it, why am I killing myself here, when others want to do it for me."

SWORN
08-04-11, 11:06 am
Want to say keep it ANIMALS! Stick to those commitments. No matter if its drinking more water or recovering from an injury, stay motivated and stay focused on that big picture you had in mind when you made those commitments/goals. We are ANIMALS! Failure is not an option!

The House
08-07-11, 11:46 am
I was kind of surprised the other day, weighing myself at the beginning and end of the workout, that even in just tank top and shorts, I'm dropping between 4 and 6 pounds of water in ONE workout! I knew my shirt, shorts and towel were soaked; I didn't realize it was THAT much.

Drink up!

BTW, I've decided NOT to compete in November, in favor of building more mass. I realized the other day that I've actually added 28 pounds of muscle since my show last July, and I want to keep going, to make a better showing when I DO get up there.

YeS water is key keep drinking up. 28 pounds damn that's a ton keep it rolling

The House
08-07-11, 11:47 am
Bruiser, you may have heard, I'm the poster child for bad backs around here. 4 years ago last week, (yeah, July '07), I had three discs replaced, a titanium cage built from S1 up to L2, screwed into the vertebrae, a fusion of L5-S1, and two nerve transplants. It's been a long road of therapy and training, and my glutes STILL don't work quite right, and my right leg is STILL weaker than my left. Yet, a year ago, I was in a my first competition since I was 18, and I'm working on getting big enough to make a better showing for my next one. I'm 57.

Please let me know if there's any advice I can offer, help I can give, or anything else. You CAN do this.

Back problems suck

The House
08-07-11, 11:50 am
Hows that water intake coming along HOUSE? Drink up bro!! HaHa! I think we all have a problem drinking enough water. It just sucks! So other than a water intake problem I have entered sobriety about 6 months ago and fuck it sucks! Thats an on going issue but not the commitment i want to post today. Cuz of all these changes going on inside my body I have all of a sudden been feeling freakin beat and my energy level has been struggling wich has affected getting my ass out of bed in the morn to get to the gym. So I am making the commitment to start doing so and stop dragging ass!! MOTIVATE ME ANIMALS!!

Drink that water yes it is a big thing people miss. Bro remember no one else can do it for u get motivated u r your maker

The House
08-07-11, 11:52 am
I commit myself to staying on my diet and continuing my workout routine, no matter how much I want to say "Fuck it, why am I killing myself here, when others want to do it for me."

Stick to your guns challenge yourself and u will be surprised what u can do.

The House
08-07-11, 11:53 am
Want to say keep it ANIMALS! Stick to those commitments. No matter if its drinking more water or recovering from an injury, stay motivated and stay focused on that big picture you had in mind when you made those commitments/goals. We are ANIMALS! Failure is not an option!

Yes don't stop now shit time is not stopping for ya

Firedrake
08-07-11, 12:40 pm
YeS water is key keep drinking up. 28 pounds damn that's a ton keep it rolling

I -want- to tighten up a little, but I'm almost afraid to stop building. It's still going well -- my chest and shoulders are thicker than they've ever been, even my arms are growing. Still need more mass on the legs, but even that's happening. Because of the old injury to the right leg, there's a significant difference in strength between the two. The left calf is showing the "split" already, but the right isn't. The right vastus medialis, having been once torn off, doesn't come all the way to the kneecap, so it makes extensions interesting.

. . . not that this will stop me, mind you. <grin>

The House
08-07-11, 4:04 pm
I -want- to tighten up a little, but I'm almost afraid to stop building. It's still going well -- my chest and shoulders are thicker than they've ever been, even my arms are growing. Still need more mass on the legs, but even that's happening. Because of the old injury to the right leg, there's a significant difference in strength between the two. The left calf is showing the "split" already, but the right isn't. The right vastus medialis, having been once torn off, doesn't come all the way to the kneecap, so it makes extensions interesting.

. . . not that this will stop me, mind you. <grin>

That's right do your work son... Keep it growing

kc campbell
08-07-11, 6:53 pm
I've had to adjust my goals a bit, I still plan on competing in my show in november, but before I decided that I decided to try out project 240. Since I cant keep a solid bulk going I decided I want to try and hit 200 pounds before I begin to cut down. With the way my gains have been going lately I'd be right on track to hit it in 7 weeks. Which would be 8 weeks out from my show. Depending on what Brad says we'll see how this goes. Just tryin to get stacked before I get peeled.

TruePower
08-08-11, 8:33 pm
My commitment to myself is to stay motivated to lift and fuel my journey. My old lifting partners quit training, my other friends see no point in bodybuilding, and all I have now is my girlfriend and my own desire to keep training, stay confident and reach my goals, Peace!

~Kelton

Firedrake
08-11-11, 7:47 pm
My commitment to myself is to stay motivated to lift and fuel my journey. My old lifting partners quit training, my other friends see no point in bodybuilding, and all I have now is my girlfriend and my own desire to keep training, stay confident and reach my goals, Peace!

~Kelton

Kelton - I sympathize. At my age (57), I have NO contemporaries into either what I'm doing or how I'm eating. Neither can most of my family down in Birmingham.

Keep at what you do for YOU! It's a wonderful way of life.

TruePower
08-11-11, 7:56 pm
Kelton - I sympathize. At my age (57), I have NO contemporaries into either what I'm doing or how I'm eating. Neither can most of my family down in Birmingham.

Much thanks, always good to hear words from a fellow bro. Keep on lifting man, as will I.

~Kelton

The House
08-14-11, 7:34 pm
I've had to adjust my goals a bit, I still plan on competing in my show in november, but before I decided that I decided to try out project 240. Since I cant keep a solid bulk going I decided I want to try and hit 200 pounds before I begin to cut down. With the way my gains have been going lately I'd be right on track to hit it in 7 weeks. Which would be 8 weeks out from my show. Depending on what Brad says we'll see how this goes. Just tryin to get stacked before I get peeled.

yes its good to et muscled up before cutting. you dont want to cut down and not be huge..

The House
08-14-11, 7:36 pm

~Kelton

yes do it for yourself.. training witha partner is great but dont let them determine you outcome keep pushing hard

The House
08-14-11, 7:37 pm

yes good solid advice

The House
08-14-11, 7:38 pm
Much thanks, always good to hear words from a fellow bro. Keep on lifting man, as will I.

~Kelton

good to hear you are going strong run with it and dont stop

The House
08-21-11, 7:46 pm
almost at my goal weight. closing the gap fast

Mickey
08-22-11, 6:50 pm
my commitment is to always be there for my kid, who is due feb 18th. wow, seeing that in text just gives me goosebumps; still cant believe im gonna be a dad.

Big C
08-22-11, 7:12 pm
Looking back yes I hit my goal weight of 265...almost reached 270 but felt out of breath threw some cardio in tryin to keep things in check don't wanna look fat lol. It's been a good summer I guess.

Grue
08-23-11, 8:47 am
my commitment is to reach 220 lbs (100kg) and to stay consistent with my diet through the weekends. Where I mess it up most of the time.

Currently I'm 202lbs.

The House
08-28-11, 8:12 pm
my commitment is to always be there for my kid, who is due feb 18th. wow, seeing that in text just gives me goosebumps; still cant believe im gonna be a dad.

congrats mate yes thats a commitment for life hold on to that one for sure

The House
08-28-11, 8:12 pm
Looking back yes I hit my goal weight of 265...almost reached 270 but felt out of breath threw some cardio in tryin to keep things in check don't wanna look fat lol. It's been a good summer I guess.

good deal big c. man when are you going to diet down and do a show

The House
08-28-11, 8:14 pm
my commitment is to reach 220 lbs (100kg) and to stay consistent with my diet through the weekends. Where I mess it up most of the time.

Currently I'm 202lbs.

yes weekends are a killer to the diet monday - friday are easier because of work for me it keeps me on schedule

Big C
08-29-11, 11:35 am
good deal big c. man when are you going to diet down and do a show

Spring of 2012 brother. in early may. that is what i am shooting for, thank you.

The House
09-04-11, 8:00 pm
Spring of 2012 brother. in early may. that is what i am shooting for, thank you.

Awesome npc right

The House
09-04-11, 8:02 pm
Hit my goal weight 282 what should I do next guys

The House
09-04-11, 8:16 pm
Going to start my cut down after the Olympia want to see what's under my winter coat

The House
09-25-11, 7:53 pm
started the diet guys goal is set for 260 weight then see how i look at that weight

Lunatic001
09-27-11, 4:18 pm
started the diet guys goal is set for 260 weight then see how i look at that weight

Looking forward to it. I as well will bring my weight down to 200 lbs.....here we go...

The House
10-02-11, 9:21 am
Looking forward to it. I as well will bring my weight down to 200 lbs.....here we go...

Good luck with your journey 200 here u come

pushin weight
10-03-11, 9:24 am
Without commitment, goals, and purpose we will end up falling short of our potential. Use this thread to commit to yourself, and by committing to yourself u will be supported by all of us on this forum and thread. So post up your commitment and we will help keep you motivated and on the right path. We are family we are Animal.

My first commitment to myself is not to miss a meal for the rest of my offseason.

Pardon my french but ....Fuck yeah!!! Awsome post...you are the man eric....

My commitment is to my family, my brothers everywhere who share the passion of being deep in the shit....
and to my journey with the iron...lets get it!

Shahabidabi
10-04-11, 2:37 am
I finally reached my goal weight of 189, I am now within army weight regulations, and as an added bonus I did PR of 275 Squat 2 reps and 830 leg press for 4 reps. It's gonna be a good day tater.

jandirigma
10-08-11, 9:24 pm
It's been months since I've been on the forum and I'm happy to say that my commitment has been going solid for this year like I promised. I've gotten an A on nearly every paper and am now a qualified first aider. In a few weeks I will get my level four sport performance certificate and my global certification for power, agility, and speed coaching before I advance into next year's course to level me up.

Fitness wise, I lost some weight but have become more cut and better-rounded in other fitness components such as endurance and flexibility (fitness test results in my journey: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?30137-Freshman&p=1162765#post1162765). I've been training consistently for the past three or four years to be fit to fight in the ring again after years of waiting for a second chance and here I find myself getting to train for free with the (former I think) national coach of boxing here. I may get to fight next year yet, though. Looks like the three or four years of training and waiting may actually fulfill its purpose in the ring soon. Who knows, maybe I can even be a champ someday, hehe!

Best wishes over there, House. Stay strong and stay committed to your plans like you do and should. Cheers!

Imjorman
10-08-11, 11:33 pm
Man I need to recommit. I haven't been on the forums in a while and haven't been serious about my training for a few months. Had a great start to the year and I need to get back into it. The summer treated me poorly.

Starting Monday I'm getting back into my training and diet HARDCORE.

I'm tired of shitting on myself with laziness.

I'm committing myself to dedication.

jandirigma
10-09-11, 12:39 am
Man I need to recommit. I haven't been on the forums in a while and haven't been serious about my training for a few months. Had a great start to the year and I need to get back into it. The summer treated me poorly.

That's the spirit. It's simple commitments like that that make a huge difference. To give yourself a kick in the ass when you need it and keep moving forward is a good thing in deed. Best wishes, bro.

Imjorman
10-09-11, 1:06 pm
That's the spirit. It's simple commitments like that that make a huge difference. To give yourself a kick in the ass when you need it and keep moving forward is a good thing in deed. Best wishes, bro.

Thanks bro. nice to have the FORVM as support

The House
10-09-11, 8:48 pm
Pardon my french but ....Fuck yeah!!! Awsome post...you are the man eric....

My commitment is to my family, my brothers everywhere who share the passion of being deep in the shit....
and to my journey with the iron...lets get it!

well keep getting it mate and when you have days were you want to get something else remember your true needs and thats to family and your brothers of iron. train hard bro be a animal

The House
10-09-11, 8:50 pm
I finally reached my goal weight of 189, I am now within army weight regulations, and as an added bonus I did PR of 275 Squat 2 reps and 830 leg press for 4 reps. It's gonna be a good day tater.

congrats brother keep that weight in range and awesome pr

The House
10-09-11, 8:52 pm
It's been months since I've been on the forum and I'm happy to say that my commitment has been going solid for this year like I promised. I've gotten an A on nearly every paper and am now a qualified first aider. In a few weeks I will get my level four sport performance certificate and my global certification for power, agility, and speed coaching before I advance into next year's course to level me up.

Fitness wise, I lost some weight but have become more cut and better-rounded in other fitness components such as endurance and flexibility (fitness test results in my journey: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?30137-Freshman&p=1162765#post1162765). I've been training consistently for the past three or four years to be fit to fight in the ring again after years of waiting for a second chance and here I find myself getting to train for free with the (former I think) national coach of boxing here. I may get to fight next year yet, though. Looks like the three or four years of training and waiting may actually fulfill its purpose in the ring soon. Who knows, maybe I can even be a champ someday, hehe!

Best wishes over there, House. Stay strong and stay committed to your plans like you do and should. Cheers!good to hear form you looks like everything is going great good to hear your doing what you set out to do. keep us posted and keep doing

The House
10-09-11, 8:56 pm

yes no one is going to do it for u. mount up buddy and stay on that horse. you are your maker

The House
10-09-11, 8:57 pm

yes we will keep ya straight thats what we are here for

The House
10-09-11, 8:58 pm
Thanks bro. nice to have the FORVM as support
yes let us know how your workout goes this week

chasebayne
10-11-11, 3:43 am
my commitment is to be army ready in 90 days.

The House
10-16-11, 7:04 pm
my commitment is to be army ready in 90 days.

train hard run run run

Imjorman
10-17-11, 1:20 am
Week of workouts went really well. Was pretty behind on updating my journey, but it was good to be back into it.

The House
10-23-11, 7:21 pm
Week of workouts went really well. Was pretty behind on updating my journey, but it was good to be back into it.

glad to here you are back into it

The House
11-06-11, 9:15 pm
my new one is to make sure i go into each workout session being ready and dont take any set for granted.

P Diesel
11-06-11, 11:18 pm

Any advice?

like house said there are gyms in any city. what do u think we do when we travel homey, new city, new gym and pack ur meals. its not a pain in the ass if it worth it. or break the news to ur boy. u cant build sumthin like this without sacrifice, no one said it would b easy. dnt sturggle with thi decision, soon enough ull be faced with bigger choices...training over family, relationships or ur health. go or dnt go it makes no difference, jsut know that what remains is u gotta eat and u gotta train regardless.

P

GUNS
11-07-11, 2:30 am
Awesome P, agree, this is a lifestyle. And it can be done if you want it bad enough. I have made my wife crawl back into the back seat to pull out my meals while traveling. Or had shakes made and sitting ready. And if you got to stop and eat somewhere, either go big and cheat like crazy, or pick something close to what your body is used too. There are many food joints to chose from, it's your choice. Just make the call.

And House, you know just as much if not more than most of us, every set, every rep counts. Turn the tunes up, pull the hat down over your eyes, and picture every rep in your head before you actually get under the iron. It works for me.

The House
11-13-11, 2:19 pm
like house said there are gyms in any city. what do u think we do when we travel homey, new city, new gym and pack ur meals. its not a pain in the ass if it worth it. or break the news to ur boy. u cant build sumthin like this without sacrifice, no one said it would b easy. dnt sturggle with thi decision, soon enough ull be faced with bigger choices...training over family, relationships or ur health. go or dnt go it makes no difference, jsut know that what remains is u gotta eat and u gotta train regardless.

P

Very true words commitment to a goal

The House
11-13-11, 3:34 pm
Awesome P, agree, this is a lifestyle. And it can be done if you want it bad enough. I have made my wife crawl back into the back seat to pull out my meals while traveling. Or had shakes made and sitting ready. And if you got to stop and eat somewhere, either go big and cheat like crazy, or pick something close to what your body is used too. There are many food joints to chose from, it's your choice. Just make the call.

And House, you know just as much if not more than most of us, every set, every rep counts. Turn the tunes up, pull the hat down over your eyes, and picture every rep in your head before you actually get under the iron. It works for me.

That's right every set counts

D-Kev
11-13-11, 6:53 pm
picture every rep in your head before you actually get under the iron. It works for me.

I like this a lot and I'm looking forward to using it as a mental tool tomorrow...(back\traps)

House, thanks for the positivity and encouragement you have spread with this thread, means a lot.

The House
11-20-11, 8:51 pm
I like this a lot and I'm looking forward to using it as a mental tool tomorrow...(back\traps)

House, thanks for the positivity and encouragement you have spread with this thread, means a lot.

Welcome mate keep training hard and keep a positive attitude..

Blondie Weapon X
11-25-11, 2:17 pm
COMMIT COMMIT COMMIT - Just fucking COMMIT to YOURSELF!!
i THINK i MIGHT GET THAT TATTOOED :)

Noob Saibot
11-25-11, 3:48 pm
Great idea man thanks for this...

I commit to stop wasting training sessions by losing focus. Second to eat right the way I know I should. Less exceptions to the diet, they have been way to common lately. (I'm going all in on Christmas dinner though...)

The House
11-27-11, 7:16 pm
COMMIT COMMIT COMMIT - Just fucking COMMIT to YOURSELF!!
i THINK i MIGHT GET THAT TATTOOED :)

That's right commit to yourself

The House
11-27-11, 7:18 pm
Great idea man thanks for this...

I commit to stop wasting training sessions by losing focus. Second to eat right the way I know I should. Less exceptions to the diet, they have been way to common lately. (I'm going all in on Christmas dinner though...)

Yes if u train hard and focus and eat clean up till Christmas u deserve the Christmas dinner and cookies ;)

Dave TapouT
11-27-11, 7:52 pm
I commit myself to not lose focus of my goals. I will not let things take me off the path to success.. after all... success is what I am after. I'm not going to lie... I'm a small dude, 26y.o. 5'8" 180lb (up from 145 from earlier this year).. My short term goal is to make a weight gain up to 210. long term... up, and up, and up.. there is no limit on a long term. I dont believe I should ever limit myself.. but I will tell you guys.. even when a pro, or some big dudes give me the slightest of inspiration.. like.. hey, bro.. keep it up... It sends me into a rage mode overload when I hit the gym. I dont have that kind of inspiration around me. I'm goin solo on it, and thats why I'm here... support. I'm attacking every angle of my life to reform myself to be what I want to be instead of sitting on the sidelines dreaming of being something. my friends dont understand it. and my family shuns it. yea, its like that. thats why I'm here.. to continue to find people/ meet people to help me grow, to hold me accountible, keep me from falling into the abyss of living a life as a shitbag. I refuse to give up... quit is NOT in my vocabulary. Believe me... I'm new to these parts, and I promise, you'll be seeing a lot more of me.

The House
12-04-11, 1:58 pm
I commit myself to not lose focus of my goals. I will not let things take me off the path to success.. after all... success is what I am after. I'm not going to lie... I'm a small dude, 26y.o. 5'8" 180lb (up from 145 from earlier this year).. My short term goal is to make a weight gain up to 210. long term... up, and up, and up.. there is no limit on a long term. I dont believe I should ever limit myself.. but I will tell you guys.. even when a pro, or some big dudes give me the slightest of inspiration.. like.. hey, bro.. keep it up... It sends me into a rage mode overload when I hit the gym. I dont have that kind of inspiration around me. I'm goin solo on it, and thats why I'm here... support. I'm attacking every angle of my life to reform myself to be what I want to be instead of sitting on the sidelines dreaming of being something. my friends dont understand it. and my family shuns it. yea, its like that. thats why I'm here.. to continue to find people/ meet people to help me grow, to hold me accountible, keep me from falling into the abyss of living a life as a shitbag. I refuse to give up... quit is NOT in my vocabulary. Believe me... I'm new to these parts, and I promise, you'll be seeing a lot more of me.
good goals bro stayed focused and u will reach your goals

The House
12-11-11, 5:46 pm
glad to see everyone is doing great with there training. my new training goal is to practice posing at least 3 times a week

Dave TapouT
12-11-11, 6:43 pm
glad to see everyone is doing great with there training. my new training goal is to practice posing at least 3 times a week

I'm up on my goals... Started a journey to post all my journal numbers from my composition to here. Don't be afriad to stop by House, (link in sig) you could kill a post in my journey and offer advice! Ain't gonna catch me slippin~!

its Lbc
12-11-11, 10:22 pm
My commitment is to go up over 200...im floating around 185-190....I can easily get up an over my mark but due to an ACL/Meniscus tear a few years back im still stuck in the "Scared" phase to go 110% on legs....i Train legs but i never squat more than 225...thats what i feel comfortable with on the bar without fuccin my Psychy up...Soo i guess the underlying issue...and the reality to my commitment is to Stop bitchin up and Throw the mental game away when it comes down to training legs and the Sky is the Limit....

eddiecut
12-12-11, 5:12 pm
but we need an Animal shirt that says.... You are your maker.

Dave TapouT
12-12-11, 10:29 pm
Goodluck Lbc.. you got this.

Eddie.. I would buy that.

The House
12-18-11, 8:17 pm
I'm up on my goals... Started a journey to post all my journal numbers from my composition to here. Don't be afriad to stop by House, (link in sig) you could kill a post in my journey and offer advice! Ain't gonna catch me slippin~!

will do bro keep it going