PDA

View Full Version : Lagging Bodyparts

NashoArms
01-09-11, 10:54 pm
Alright guys my Chest is my most lagging body part should I train it twice a week for a couple of weeks and then go back to once a week. I also am thinking about training my triceps with my chest because they are lagging also. Would you suggest training them both in one session or say chest morning and tri's at night? Thanks brothas!

GUNS
01-10-11, 11:48 am
Your pretty young. How is your recovery time? Are you sore still all week? What is your goals? Just try to feel what your body is telling you. If you think your recovered from say a Monday chest day and you feel like hitting it again on Thur or Fri, go for it. You need to be honest with yourself though. And how is your diet, are you feeding yourself enough. Most likely not. Read as much as you can, we all have lagging parts. Just got to do what you feel is right. I am sure others will chime in.

Phil800101
01-10-11, 12:51 pm
Your pretty young. How is your recovery time? Are you sore still all week? What is your goals? Just try to feel what your body is telling you. If you think your recovered from say a Monday chest day and you feel like hitting it again on Thur or Fri, go for it. You need to be honest with yourself though. And how is your diet, are you feeding yourself enough. Most likely not. Read as much as you can, we all have lagging parts. Just got to do what you feel is right. I am sure others will chime in.

Agreed.

I have some questions as well. How often do you change things up? Do you do the same exercises week after week? Do you train chest first in the week?

PORTERHOUSE
01-10-11, 12:53 pm
are you seriously 12 or is that a typo?

Phil800101
01-10-11, 2:31 pm
are you seriously 12 or is that a typo?

That is post count. He is 19 according to his profile.

NashoArms
01-10-11, 4:53 pm
My recovery time is great! If I hit up chest lets say Monday I recover at least by thursday. As far as diet goes, its extremely strict! For protein the only thing i eat are egg whites, chicken breast, and I just started to put in some steak this week. Also i eat white and brown rice, oatmeal and thats it with also good fats as almond butter. But my vascularity is insane for my age thats why my diet is so important. I don't even add any spices or sauces on my food i dont care if its boring but the results are crazy. My main goal with my chest is to fill in the gap about two to three inch gap between each pec. Thanks bros

fawaz
01-10-11, 4:58 pm
i have an awesome routine for you
bench press progressive overload 4 sets to failure
dumbell fyls progressive overload heavyweight 4 sets last set you should be doing 5-6 reps to failure.
pec dec 4 sets to failure progressive overload i go ut to 280 pounds on my last set for 5 reps.
hammer strength drop set of 4 sets whatever weight you can use,use it and go until you cant do any more.
this is a very extreme chest routine that you should stick with for about 8 weeks and i can assure you that you will get gains but make sure you change the bench press at the beggining to flat dumbell press every week.so for example week 1 do the bench press in the beggining week 2 do the dumbell presses in the beggining.

GUNS
01-11-11, 3:07 am
Also, what is your body type. My son is 21, he is very lean and muscular. He asks me all the time how I get so thick. It's time, and maturity. Unless your a genetic freak, always remember, consistancy, diet, staying injury free and time are keys to getting bigger, thicker, stronger. People here have 5-10-20 yrs of lifting behind them. Really just keep up what your doing. Push your body to its limits every workout, eat and whan your full, eat some more, and listen to what all these Animals are saying.

MrMonday
01-11-11, 9:44 am
You can't eat like you're dieting for a contest and expect to gain any dramatic amount of muscle mass at the same time.

Also, I generally don't like to make assumptions, but you sound less like someone with a lagging chest, and more like a guy who just cares more about his chest than anything else. If this is true, be careful that this attitude doesn't lead you to an injury.

That said, if you want your chest to get bigger there is no secret... get to the next level of strength on your flat and incline bench, utilize a stretch-overloading fly movement, and gain 15-20lbs of bodyweight.

fawaz
01-11-11, 2:16 pm
You can't eat like you're dieting for a contest and expect to gain any dramatic amount of muscle mass at the same time.

Also, I generally don't like to make assumptions, but you sound less like someone with a lagging chest, and more like a guy who just cares more about his chest than anything else. If this is true, be careful that this attitude doesn't lead you to an injury.

That said, if you want your chest to get bigger there is no secret... get to the next level of strength on your flat and incline bench, utilize a stretch-overloading fly movement, and gain 15-20lbs of bodyweight.

i think you nead to read my journey ''the long road'' fawaz's journey go on week 18 tuesday.

NashoArms
03-30-11, 1:13 pm
Mr. Monday here is a pic for you to prove it is a lagging body part
.http://www.universalnutrition.com/ go to my profile and I have a pic of a front lat spread.

prowrestler
03-30-11, 2:07 pm
your 19, probably not eating optimal and your program is probably shit.

you are too young to have a weak point. your whole body is a weak point. give it years and then ..ya...maybe.

MRmichael.hooker
03-30-11, 2:15 pm
I know im not MUCH older, at 21 (almost 22), but i have been training since 8th grade, have studied WITH numerous ifbb pros (not just read their profiles), work with an ifbb professional 'guru' trainer for last 2 years, NASM cert., and with as much knowledge as i've tried to get in this crazy ass sport, my own chest JUST started filling out this year. The best advice I ever got on chest was from Arnold's Encyclopedia. Incline Bench to create an illusion of a bigger chest. Building the upper chest will give it a better base to fill in. Your stretching movements will be important as well because you can really, really squeeze and focus on the inner chest if its a lagging section. The golden rule is everyones body will react different, but what worked for me the past year was almost always starting with an incline bench or db, then either incline or flat flys, then a flat or decline bench/db, then either pec dec or dumbbell pullovers; rotating exercises each week. The starting with an incline movement and the finishing with the db pullover really improved the total look of my chest. Whatever you do, don't get discouraged. Might take you a year, 2, or 5 to really get your chest to respond. Ive been trying for years to build a decent chest, it will just take you time. At your age to have a diet so strict, congrats man. I also agree with what was stated above about dont live in a precontest diet. Depending on how long you have been eating like this, might be time to switch to a clean bulk for the next 8-10 weeks and your body will suck in the nutrients.

NashoArms
03-31-11, 3:10 pm
Well why would you say that my program is prob shit. You dont even know who I am. For my OFF SEASON I DONT GO THE FAT WAY, I stay pretty dam lean all year round and from October 2010 to March 31, 2011 I have gained 9lb of muscle and only eating chicken, rice, eggs, and otameal. So i would be talking there bro. Most people gain that much muscle in a year. I gained it in 6 months. Now i have to prep for a show thats going to change everything. IF YOU DID SEE THE FRONT LAT PIC OF ME (i cant fill in the middle because i have a chest defect and so does my dad).
HATERS HATERS HATERS screw all of them, they are only jealous because they cant achieve the goals that I can when pushing my self to the limit every time in the gym and never missing a meal.

Gemini
04-03-11, 7:18 pm
Just an thought but when I think of laggin body part I think of 1 bicep is smaller than the other, or 1 pec is larger than the other. Also another thing is if you have a chest defect couldnt that also be inhibiting the fullness of your chest? Therefore creating the problem of a lagging body part?

Bruiser
04-03-11, 7:31 pm
Well why would you say that my program is prob shit. You dont even know who I am. For my OFF SEASON I DONT GO THE FAT WAY, I stay pretty dam lean all year round and from October 2010 to March 31, 2011 I have gained 9lb of muscle and only eating chicken, rice, eggs, and otameal. So i would be talking there bro. Most people gain that much muscle in a year. I gained it in 6 months. Now i have to prep for a show thats going to change everything. IF YOU DID SEE THE FRONT LAT PIC OF ME (i cant fill in the middle because i have a chest defect and so does my dad).
HATERS HATERS HATERS screw all of them, they are only jealous because they cant achieve the goals that I can when pushing my self to the limit every time in the gym and never missing a meal.

Settle down man. You asked for people's advice and they're giving it to you. Do get so offended. These are guys that have been doing this longer than you've been alive. You're gonna hear things that you don't want to hear, and if that's the case... then don't ask for help.

Sprint
04-03-11, 8:37 pm
Settle down man. You asked for people's advice and they're giving it to you. Do get so offended. These are guys that have been doing this longer than you've been alive. You're gonna hear things that you don't want to hear, and if that's the case... then don't ask for help.

X2 right there.

Folk here are trying to provide you with constructive criticism. In terms of bodybuilding, you're barely a foetus. Maybe you started at a young age and have 5 or 6 years of training under your belt, you might have just reached foetus age. There's a reason why the top bodybuilding champions (Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman etc) didn't become Mr Olympia until their early 30s. You think they just started workin out cos they were worried about middle-aged spread when they hit the big 3-0?
Those guys have been hitting it hard for over 20 years, never missing a workout or meal.

What people here are trying to tell you, is that you are very young to be having a lagging bodypart, because the rest of you still has a long way to go in terms of development.

In terms of diet, "only eating chicken, eggs, rice and oatmeal" is very noble and hardcore. You're keeping away from the sweet stuff & being very dedicated in terms of keeping it all strict. But how much are you eating? As a PT, I get guys coming up to me every day asking why they're not growing, and at a rough estimate, give or take 5% either way, I'd say that 95% of them throw in "I eat loads". I give them a food diary to keep, and upon inspection they're eating about half of what I do. What they call a meal, I call a side dish.

And whilst we're on the subject of food, with you "only eating chicken, eggs, rice and oatmeal", I have to ask if you're taking a multi-vitamin to fill in the nutritional gaps that such a limited diet will cause. Plus, you might want to consider some extra protein sources. Adding in steak is going to help, as will throwing in some fish here and there. Rotate your protein sources, maybe not from day to day, but week to week to increase the nutritional profile in your diet.

One last thing, nobody's jealous of you here. That's not a put down, but google Evan Centopani. That guy posts on here, so with all due respect you won't be getting guys here being jealous of a 19 yr old with a lagging chest.

So chill the fuck out.

Gemini
04-03-11, 8:52 pm
X2 right there.

Folk here are trying to provide you with constructive criticism. In terms of bodybuilding, you're barely a foetus. Maybe you started at a young age and have 5 or 6 years of training under your belt, you might have just reached foetus age. There's a reason why the top bodybuilding champions (Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman etc) didn't become Mr Olympia until their early 30s. You think they just started workin out cos they were worried about middle-aged spread when they hit the big 3-0?
Those guys have been hitting it hard for over 20 years, never missing a workout or meal.

What people here are trying to tell you, is that you are very young to be having a lagging bodypart, because the rest of you still has a long way to go in terms of development.

In terms of diet, "only eating chicken, eggs, rice and oatmeal" is very noble and hardcore. You're keeping away from the sweet stuff & being very dedicated in terms of keeping it all strict. But how much are you eating? As a PT, I get guys coming up to me every day asking why they're not growing, and at a rough estimate, give or take 5% either way, I'd say that 95% of them throw in "I eat loads". I give them a food diary to keep, and upon inspection they're eating about half of what I do. What they call a meal, I call a side dish.

And whilst we're on the subject of food, with you "only eating chicken, eggs, rice and oatmeal", I have to ask if you're taking a multi-vitamin to fill in the nutritional gaps that such a limited diet will cause. Plus, you might want to consider some extra protein sources. Adding in steak is going to help, as will throwing in some fish here and there. Rotate your protein sources, maybe not from day to day, but week to week to increase the nutritional profile in your diet.

One last thing, nobody's jealous of you here. That's not a put down, but google Evan Centopani. That guy posts on here, so with all due respect you won't be getting guys here being jealous of a 19 yr old with a lagging chest.

So chill the fuck out.

Sprint, you hit everything on the head.

But id like to mention to NachoArms about protein and food, that theres other important sources of protein. Black beans, legumes, tofu, just to name a few. And those are all healthy for you and fit the "clean" definition of nutritional dieting as well as pack protein and fiber punches. Both are important to muscle synthesis and a healthy living. Also if your worried about gaining fat throw in some cardio but id add steak to your food list.

Mickey
04-05-11, 9:44 pm
make sure to remember the weider priority principle and always train your chest first in your workout, when you have the most energy. forced reps always helps my chest training break a plateau.