PDA

View Full Version : PROS vs BROS: "Deadlift 500 For Reps"

Pages : [1] 2

naturalguy
01-12-11, 8:55 am
Pros BIG BEN, seath242 and HIGA MONSTER vs Bros Big C, Enforcer and BamBam92

Deadlifts 500 for reps, total # of reps for each team wins.

Let the smack talk begin

J-Dawg
01-12-11, 10:36 am
This is gonna be good! So far, this is the lifting event I'm looking forward to most.

ghost
01-12-11, 10:37 am
me too. i have my money on Higa's team.

Razor
01-12-11, 10:59 am
Legendary shit for sure....Wow can't wait to see it all!

Big C
01-12-11, 12:20 pm
me too. i have my money on Higa's team.

Me too lol. Some large boys over there.

This should be exciting no doubt about it.

Mr. Dead
01-12-11, 12:36 pm
It would be cool to see "The Seattle Syndicate" tear it up...!!! (I should have gotten into marketing... *LOL*)

naturalguy
01-12-11, 12:54 pm
It would be cool to see "The Seattle Syndicate" tear it up...!!! (I should have gotten into marketing... *LOL*)

I wouldn't count out the East Coast/Mid West boys

Altered Beast
01-12-11, 1:00 pm
You never know! Some have stronger one rep strength, some have stronger endurance/rep strength!

Seath308
01-12-11, 10:18 pm
Well Since we are about 7 weeks out from the cage I figure we might as well figure out what the rules of the lifting are going to be. We all need to agree on something. My Vote on how the reps should be preformed is the exact way the deadlift should be done. From a Dead stop on the floor, a full lock out and no resting the bar on your legs and hitching the bar up (BUT! The hitch should not be super strict a little hitch should not DQ a lift like said before this is not a PL Competition) Lets just try and keep our reps clean. We want to see which team can Pick the weight up off the floor the most not which team can pick up the most bounced reps. I think these rules are pretty basic and not to strict. Lets just do the deadlift like it should be done. This is how I am going to do my reps regardless of what we decide to do.

Big C
01-12-11, 10:35 pm
That sounds more than reasonable to me bro. Now, I wonder if we will alternate team members to compete (one from one team, then one from the other etc.) or if one entire team will go first, then the other team...

Nothing that can't be settled the day of the event, I suppose.

BIG BEN
01-13-11, 11:54 am
Me too lol. Some large boys over there.

This should be exciting no doubt about it.

don't let my screen name fool ya I'm still the lightest guy competiting... So I think the teams average out about the same haha. I am so Jacked for this event! and I agree with your rules Benny. I've never hitched a deadlift before and I sure as hell won't start at the cage.

Altered Beast
01-13-11, 1:55 pm
Sounds good Big Seath! No cheating, I like it.

Enforcer
01-14-11, 1:22 pm
I'll see you all at the Cage

Mr. Dead
01-14-11, 1:38 pm
I wouldn't count out the East Coast/Mid West boys

True...

I'll see you all at the Cage

I'll see you on video, at the Cage...

BamBam
01-14-11, 2:28 pm
Hell yeah fellas.. looking forward to this.. See you in March..

HIGA MONSTER
01-15-11, 11:56 pm
502.5 lbs Deadlift (raw, no belt):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Cf3DxwidA

Good luck...Washington is COMING...
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
01-16-11, 4:55 pm

Wow, it got awfully quiet in this thread...

richvanv
01-16-11, 8:18 pm
Lookin good Higa, lookin good, Pros>Bros

Altered Beast
01-17-11, 10:58 am
Wow, it got awfully quiet in this thread...

LOVE IT!!

I guess everyone is scared.....? Minus Higa of course!

G Diesel
01-17-11, 12:41 pm

HIGA MONSTER

That's what I'm talkin' bout... Impressive as hell, HIGA. That is raw unadulterated strength right there.

Peace, G

Altered Beast
01-17-11, 1:39 pm
Is a belt considered geared lifting? Always thought it was strictly for safety.

Not taking anything away from anybody, just out of intellectual curiosity.

BIG BEN
01-17-11, 2:47 pm

Belts are allowed in RAW competition, but when you forgoe that particular safety option the lift is what we would consider completely RAW. Konstantine Konstantinov once hit a 939 lb deadlift without a belt even when he would have been allowed to use it in the meet. It's a pride thing...

Rage
01-17-11, 3:04 pm

HIGA MONSTER

HOLY SHIT! and I mean HOLY SHIT! Would expect nothing less from Higa...but still...geez. All I can do is bounce500 for maybe 8-10 if I'm lucky. Higa, this is truely impressive to me. One at a time like that, with great form and no gear at all is fucking hardcore. Now those lifts are something to be proud of right there. Leave no doubt...thats what I always tell my powerlifters.

Good luck to all you guys.

Big C
01-17-11, 3:11 pm
HOLY SHIT! All I can do is bounce500 for maybe 8-10 if I'm lucky.

Same here bro, haha! Very impressive....my goal is just to get in there and show that bodybuilders can lift some heavy weight too.

Well done big man.

Altered Beast
01-17-11, 7:36 pm
Belts are allowed in RAW competition, but when you forgoe that particular safety option the lift is what we would consider completely RAW. Konstantine Konstantinov once hit a 939 lb deadlift without a belt even when he would have been allowed to use it in the meet. It's a pride thing...

I can understand that!

Slim Ben, where have your vids been? Yours are the most entertaining. Especially with you and big Seath both training.

After seeing that vid, Higa is definitely a hardass.

By the way, my numbers are still flying up... =)

smoothballer
01-17-11, 8:16 pm
I can understand that!

Slim Ben, where have your vids been? Yours are the most entertaining. Especially with you and big Seath both training.

After seeing that vid, Higa is definitely a hardass.

By the way, my numbers are still flying up... =)

His vids are up over on the Universal site: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Big-Ben/Videos?ref=2867

HIGA MONSTER
01-17-11, 11:55 pm
Lookin good Higa, lookin good, Pros>Bros
Thanks man, it will be fun.
You coming to the Seattle ABC this Saturday?

LOVE IT!!
Haha, thanks bro. The Cage doesn't even know what Animal Pak is going to bring to Ohio!

That's what I'm talkin' bout... Impressive as hell, HIGA. That is raw unadulterated strength right there.

Peace, G
"Just trying to step out of the mighty shadow you cast..."

HOLY SHIT! and I mean HOLY SHIT! Would expect nothing less from Higa...but still...geez. All I can do is bounce500 for maybe 8-10 if I'm lucky. Higa, this is truely impressive to me. One at a time like that, with great form and no gear at all is fucking hardcore. Now those lifts are something to be proud of right there. Leave no doubt...thats what I always tell my powerlifters.

Good luck to all you guys.
Its gonna be fun Rage. Looking forward to seeing everyone throw down!

Same here bro, haha! Very impressive....my goal is just to get in there and show that bodybuilders can lift some heavy weight too.

Well done big man.
You know you bring it bro! See you in March!

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
01-18-11, 2:54 am
Higa's got that Hawaiian thing goin' it's deeper than pride.

His vids are up over on the Universal site: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Big-Ben/Videos?ref=2867
We miss you in here Big Ben!

D-Bone
01-18-11, 5:23 am
Can't wait to see these guys go at it in the Cage. Really excited now the Higa has posted his video. 15 reps with no belt is sick! Can't wait to see how many he can pump out in the Cage with everyone cheering him on. March can't get here fast enough. I'm sure that video will be some serious motivation for the other competitors.

BamBam
01-18-11, 10:28 am
I'll do my talking come March.. I'm all about brotherhood and the family we have built here, and the Pro vs Bros being about bringing us together and competing for fun... but it's just that... a competiton.. you are telling me u are better than me and that u can beat me... well my friends, you may beat me... BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BLEED TO DO IT!!!

Altered Beast
01-18-11, 1:56 pm
I'll do my talking come March.. I'm all about brotherhood and the family we have built here, and the Pro vs Bros being about bringing us together and competing for fun... but it's just that... a competiton.. you are telling me u are better than me and that u can beat me... well my friends, you may beat me... BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BLEED TO DO IT!!!

Agreed, BUT! Talking a little noise is both fun and motivating!

Example: Louie Simmons always runs his mouth at Dave Tate! All in good fun. Watch the Westside Barbell Training Vids on YouTube. They mess with each other constantly in the gym, but once they all get together for a meet, it's brotherhood and support 100%.

So....GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see some more smack talk, Higa's vids got me fired up! Don't know about everyone else....

Shukin
01-18-11, 5:28 pm
I want to see some more smack talk, Higa's vids got me fired up! Don't know about everyone else....

PanterA, you should enter...

Altered Beast
01-18-11, 8:30 pm
PanterA, you should enter...

I am not yet that strong my good man. Going for 475 PR on deadlift next week.

Plus, I am trying to get everyone here riled up a bit. I have the distinct feeling that the talk will begin closer toward March =)

Shukin
01-18-11, 8:31 pm
Plus, I am trying to get everyone here riled up a bit.

If anyone can it's you my good man......

Altered Beast
01-18-11, 8:35 pm
If anyone can it's you my good man......

I'd hate to take on the instigator role! I am waiting for NaturalGuy to chime in since this is his thread =)

Firefist
01-18-11, 11:48 pm
mad due respect to the pros, but you know i got the bros backs on this one!

BamBam
01-19-11, 1:30 pm
mad due respect to the pros, but you know i got the bros backs on this one!

That's what I'm talking about!!

And trust me.. I'll do more talking soon.. just know that I am going to show up with a purpose!

Altered Beast
01-19-11, 9:42 pm
That's what I'm talking about!!

And trust me.. I'll do more talking soon.. just know that I am going to show up with a purpose!

Kickass!

Enforcer
01-19-11, 10:59 pm

I am wearing a belt when we do the competition, no straps, but def. a belt. Call me a pussy I dare you....lol

Brightblade
01-19-11, 11:14 pm
I am wearing a belt when we do the competition, no straps, but def. a belt. Call me a pussy I dare you....lol

Can anybody call you a pussy?? Ya know just cause you dared us?? :)

Big C
01-19-11, 11:25 pm

No, no one can actually. This dude is the deal.

I've already been called one one here pretty much, but that don't bother me a bit....b/c these cats won't say shit to me at the Cage. Anyone can talk big on the net.

Brightblade
01-19-11, 11:45 pm
hahaha no no I know Enforcer is the real deal! All you cats getting up there to pull 500 for reps are studs!

Big C
01-19-11, 11:53 pm
Haha, yes he is bro. Gonna be a good time at the Cage once again...........the events get better every year. Can't wait for the other matchups to be announced.

Brightblade
01-19-11, 11:56 pm
Gotta get my shit all squared away and not be stationed in Hawaii and Ill be coming to the Cage. Hopefully Im able to get there next year! Heard nothing but good things about it!

naturalguy
01-20-11, 8:01 am
I'd hate to take on the instigator role! I am waiting for NaturalGuy to chime in since this is his thread =)

I am here but just reading

I wouldn't lol, Enforcer is the real deal.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a belt or even straps for high reps, again this isn't a sanctioned powerlifting meet.

Me, personally I don't like straps on deads, I feel like my grip is actually better without straps but it's an individual thing.

Enforcer
01-20-11, 9:16 am
hahaha no no I know Enforcer is the real deal! All you cats getting up there to pull 500 for reps are studs!

Lol, its all good bro

BamBam
01-20-11, 9:18 am

I like where your heads at bro...

Enforcer
01-20-11, 9:28 am
I like where your heads at bro...

Looking forward to seeing you at the Arnold bro, lets rock this shit. The bros need to show up ready to fuckin go!!

Altered Beast
01-20-11, 10:03 pm

LOL! I will not do that, unless I am in your face =)

My stats are below on my sig, not to mention the fact that my numbers are flying up with each 5/3/1 cycle. The powerlifting plus heavy duty volume bodybuilding = serious mass activation.

Trying to break in my new Forever Inzer Belt. Had them write BEAR in bright white letters on the back for motivation. GET SOME!

Altered Beast
01-20-11, 10:03 pm

I've already been called one one here pretty much, but that don't bother me a bit....b/c these cats won't say shit to me at the Cage. Anyone can talk big on the net.

That is damn right!

Altered Beast
01-20-11, 10:04 pm
I am here but just reading

I wouldn't lol, Enforcer is the real deal.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a belt or even straps for high reps, again this isn't a sanctioned powerlifting meet.

Me, personally I don't like straps on deads, I feel like my grip is actually better without straps but it's an individual thing.

I agree about the straps.

Thunder Chicken
01-21-11, 3:30 pm
Lets go bros!!!

Shukin
01-21-11, 6:51 pm
I think pantarA wants in............

Altered Beast
01-21-11, 8:49 pm
I think pantarA wants in............

Nope, just want to see some smack talk!

Shukin
01-21-11, 9:17 pm
Pros BIG BEN, seath242 and HIGA MONSTER vs Bros Big C, Enforcer and BamBam92

Question for UNIVERSAL REPS AND REPTRESS
Why close Big Ben's thread on the FORVM and then expect him to post in here and compete in the cage?
Does the word segregation ring a bell?

BRING BACK BIG BEN'S THREAD!

Flash419
01-21-11, 9:34 pm

AMEN!!

Thunder Chicken
01-22-11, 12:34 am

yea big C u suck! lol j/m good luck in the cage you can beat those pros!!!!

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-11, 7:40 pm
Because of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRoL98tV7_c

HIGA

David H
01-22-11, 7:50 pm
Because of this...

HIGA

Real... Raw... Intensity..

Get at em' (=

Shukin
01-22-11, 7:50 pm
Because of this...

HIGA

Dudes.......serious lifting right there

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-11, 8:42 pm
Wow, I can hear a pin drop...

Awfully quiet in here now. Sorry for posting that video Bros. No hard feelings. Pinky swear...

HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
01-22-11, 9:02 pm

Awfully quiet in here now. Sorry for posting that video Bros. No hard feelings. Pinky swear...

HIGA MONSTER

Do not feel bad! You just shocked everyone, LOL! I guarantee you everyone else is busting their ass now to try and keep up! I know Bam is.

Personally, I am going for a 475 PR next week. Not yet 500, but I will get there soon.

Seath308
01-22-11, 9:38 pm

HIGA MONSTER

Damn Higa! Nice job today. I'll be posting my Max rep dead video in a few weeks got a meet coming up the weekend before the arnold so I have only been pulling heavy doubles and singles latley. But on February 7th I'll get my Max Rep 500 Deadlift video up.

Pros DOUBLE the bro's Reps at the arnold?!?!?!? That has a nice ring to it.

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-11, 9:51 pm
Pros DOUBLE the bro's Reps at the arnold?!?!?!? That has a nice ring to it.

Boom...headshot.

HIGA MONSTER

kc campbell
01-22-11, 11:18 pm
pros double the bro's reps at the arnold?!?!?!? That has a nice ring to it.

roasted!

Firefist
01-23-11, 11:23 am
beast mode

Altered Beast
01-23-11, 12:50 pm
About time! Some fire in the Pro's bellies...

HIGA MONSTER
01-24-11, 2:21 pm

Its too bad this event got cancelled. I was really looking forward to seeing what me, BIG BEN and seath242 could total in The Cage.

HIGA MONSTER

naturalguy
01-24-11, 4:10 pm
Its too bad this event got cancelled. I was really looking forward to seeing what me, BIG BEN and seath242 could total in The Cage.

HIGA MONSTER

LOL - the bros have been quiet

G Diesel
01-24-11, 4:16 pm
I heard Bobby "Powerswitch" Fields wants in as well... But that he wants to add straps to the equation to put on a better show and let you guys grind out more reps.

Sound good to you freaks?

Peace, G

HIGA MONSTER
01-24-11, 4:34 pm
But that he wants to add straps to the equation...
"Lord, hear my prayer...can we please stop talking about straps in this deadlift exhibition?"

I'm going to go lift now in my garage cause this topic always gets me fired up.
Thanks G Diesel. Love you...

HIGA MONSTER

G Diesel
01-24-11, 4:52 pm
"Lord, hear my prayer...can we please stop talking about straps in this deadlift exhibition?"

I'm going to go lift now in my garage cause this topic always gets me fired up.
Thanks G Diesel. Love you...

HIGA MONSTER

Lord, give my boy Higa the serenity to avoid smacking some bitches in this thread.

Allow him to thank me for the motivation that helps him grow stronger and to show mercy on those that want to wear straps to oppose him.

Peace, G

Big C
01-24-11, 6:25 pm
I heard Bobby "Powerswitch" Fields wants in as well... But that he wants to add straps to the equation to put on a better show and let you guys grind out more reps.

Peace, G

Bobby is a monster, bro....so I say he can do what he wants! haha. Glad to hear he is back to full strength and ready to throw some weight around.

Shukin
01-24-11, 6:32 pm
Lord, give my boy Higa the serenity to avoid smacking some bitches in this thread.
Allow him to thank me for the motivation that helps him grow stronger and to show mercy on those that want to wear straps to oppose him.

Awesome..The first step in Higa's twelve step dead lifting program, sign me up!

Seath308
01-24-11, 7:36 pm
For all the guys who can't seem to grip a 500 pound barbell YOUR IN LUCK!!!! There is a sale at Elitefts.com all there grip stuff is on sale!!!!! Get a Grip!

"It does not matter how strong you are if you can't hold on. Grip training is one of the most overlooked aspects of strength and conditioning. Make the difference in your program and don't overlook your need to get a grip" --Jim Wendler

Shukin
01-24-11, 7:53 pm
"It does not matter how strong you are if you can't hold on. Grip training is one of the most overlooked aspects of strength and conditioning. Make the difference in your program and don't overlook your need to get a grip" --Jim Wendler

I love this guy

Altered Beast
01-24-11, 8:14 pm

HIGA MONSTER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! That was BADASS!

Has it seriously been cancelled?

Altered Beast
01-24-11, 8:18 pm
For all the guys who can't seem to grip a 500 pound barbell YOUR IN LUCK!!!! There is a sale at Elitefts.com all there grip stuff is on sale!!!!! Get a Grip!

Seath is here!!! Seath, D and Higa by far have the most fun threads to follow! Yall have me fired up. I know this thread isn't about me, but screw it! My total has been increasing 80-100 pounds per 5/3/1 cycle.

Thank you Seath for introducing me to the 5/3/1. I am more massive than I have ever been, still under 15% BF as well.

PLEASE STOP POSTING ON THE USA SITE! Lets keep the FORVM strong and not weaken it, PLEASE!

kc campbell
01-24-11, 8:21 pm

Shukin
01-24-11, 8:28 pm
PLEASE STOP POSTING ON THE USA SITE! Lets keep the FORVM strong and not weaken it, PLEASE!

It's too hard to follow anyone over there!!!!!

BIG BEN
01-24-11, 10:26 pm
But that he wants to add straps to the equation to put on a better show and let you guys grind out more reps.

HIGA MONSTER

show mercy on those that want to wear straps to oppose him.

Peace, G

Ok, I'm not big on talking trash unless it's to Grant Higa ;) But I really need to get something out there that has been bugging the me severely. The topic of whether or not straps shoud be allowed seems to be the biggest rules issue concerning this event right now. So whether my input is welcome or not I will supply it. The deadlift is my favorite lift. I have dedicated much of my lifting career and life to improving my performance on this single lift. My love of this lift comes from it's simplicity and purity. No other lift,in my opinion,is a better test of someone's absolute strength then taking a heavy object and picking it up. It's not awkward or slippery,we pick up a bar that is machined with knurling and use chalk to avoid excessive sweat that would cause undue drops. The deadlift is the best measure of a persons leg, back, and GRIP strength. If you add straps to the lift you are removing one of the areas that the lift is designed to test. If you can only hold on to 405 but pull 500 with straps your deadlift is 405. Anytime the lift is being used as a measure of strength in competition (like we are doing at the Cage) it should be performed with the intention of testing all the areas of strength it is designed to test. In my personal opinion adding straps into the equasion does not make the event a "better" show for the fans but instead it taints the purity of the lift and allows someone to lift more weight than they actually can. Lifting straps allow someone the instant gradification of accomplishing something they would otherwise be incapable of accomplishing on their own. I don't mean to attack anyone or start a fight but I do humbly request that we don't degrade the purity of this physical test of strength by throwing in a performance enhancement. If we were going to do that I might as well throw on my suit while we're at itand hit closer to 30 reps,and even then,I still wouldn't be able to bring myself to use straps...

Big C
01-24-11, 10:36 pm

You gotta remember bro that a lot of these guys are sponsored by Universal, some by Animal. I think it's cool if they can post on both sites...but I agree, would never want the Forvm to suffer. This is where it all started.

Big C
01-24-11, 10:47 pm
@ Big Ben. - I respect that bro. There was some talk at first about it, and although Enforcer and I are the only bodybuilders in this comp, I only request I can use chalk and a belt. I am not risking injury with this kind of weight so I will wear a belt in the Cage. I'm down with us all being on an equal level playing field. Hope that clears things up. As bodybuilders, we use straps more than powerlifters especially on back workouts. I train more for size more so than strength, but strength is important to me. But I have no problem at all ditching the straps for this competition. It will be a good time and a showcase event for Animal.

AceKombat
01-24-11, 10:49 pm
hey bros, out of curiosity, exactly how much reps u guys do for those competitions or at least preparing for them- i get the impression it ranges between 200-500...probably up to a 1000! holy!! thats mindblowing super animal power right there! :D

ghost
01-24-11, 10:54 pm

Ill say it to your face in the cage. for a couple of reasons. A)Ive known you for long enough that you know i love getting you fired up for this shit. and 2. You know im not scared of you ;)

BIG BEN
01-24-11, 10:55 pm
@ Big Ben. - I respect that bro. There was some talk at first about it, and although Enforcer and I are the only bodybuilders in this comp, I only request I can use chalk and a belt. I am not risking injury with this kind of weight so I will wear a belt in the Cage. I'm down with us all being on an equal level playing field. Hope that clears things up. As bodybuilders, we use straps more than powerlifters especially on back workouts. I train more for size not strength, but strength is important to me. But I have no problem at all ditching the straps for this competition. It will be a good time and a showcase event for Animal.

I appreciate the understanding. Chalk and a belt sounds perfect to me I will most likely be wearing a belt as well, my 210 lb frame doesn't have quite the same natural core support that my 300ish lb teamates posses haha

Shukin
01-25-11, 2:30 am
Ok, I'm not big on talking trash unless it's to Grant Higa ;) But I really need to get something out there that has been bugging the me severely. The topic of whether or not straps shoud be allowed seems to be the biggest rules issue concerning this event right now. So whether my input is welcome or not I will supply it. The deadlift is my favorite lift. I have dedicated much of my lifting career and life to improving my performance on this single lift. My love of this lift comes from it's simplicity and purity. No other lift,in my opinion,is a better test of someone's absolute strength then taking a heavy object and picking it up. It's not awkward or slippery,we pick up a bar that is machined with knurling and use chalk to avoid excessive sweat that would cause undue drops. The deadlift is the best measure of a persons leg, back, and GRIP strength. If you add straps to the lift you are removing one of the areas that the lift is designed to test. If you can only hold on to 405 but pull 500 with straps your deadlift is 405. Anytime the lift is being used as a measure of strength in competition (like we are doing at the Cage) it should be performed with the intention of testing all the areas of strength it is designed to test. In my personal opinion adding straps into the equasion does not make the event a "better" show for the fans but instead it taints the purity of the lift and allows someone to lift more weight than they actually can. Lifting straps allow someone the instant gradification of accomplishing something they would otherwise be incapable of accomplishing on their own. I don't mean to attack anyone or start a fight but I do humbly request that we don't degrade the purity of this physical test of strength by throwing in a performance enhancement. If we were going to do that I might as well throw on my suit while we're at itand hit closer to 30 reps,and even then,I still wouldn't be able to bring myself to use straps...

Well said Big Ben, Sounds like college is paying off after all......
I so look forward to the web cam of this event.

Enforcer
01-25-11, 9:42 am
Well to silence all def. not scared over here tahts for fuckin sure, been working nights all weekend and havent gotten a chance to get in here. Im pumped up for the Cage and these vids where higa is yelling and screaming just adds to the fire. Cant wait to see you all there, bring your A game

BamBam
01-25-11, 9:56 am
Well to silence all def. not scared over here tahts for fuckin sure, been working nights all weekend and havent gotten a chance to get in here. Im pumped up for the Cage and these vids where higa is yelling and screaming just adds to the fire. Cant wait to see you all there, bring your A game

Heeelllll yeaaahhhh

IN IRON,
BB-

Altered Beast
01-25-11, 10:51 am
This is going to be fun to watch! Will there be an active/live cam setup so we can view from home?

@ C - I'm confused as to why Universal would sponsor Animal or Universal, and not both. OH WELL!

In response to Ben Rice's comment, I could not agree more! If your grip strength is lacking, you have seriously WEAK forearms and need to train the hell out of them. As a bodybuilder that powerlifts, we bodybuilders have an understanding that you are only as strong as your weakest muscle. I even notice professional IFBB bodybuilders that neglect their forearms. The bones of your fingers run all the way through your forearm and connect at the elbow joint. Ever notice that when getting a deep tissue massage? Get off your ass, it takes an additional 4-5 minutes to complete.

YOU CANNOT get stronger or more swole unless every single muscle fiber in your body is strong. Watch Westside Barbell with Chuck Vogelpohl. He trains his supportive muscles far far more than the actually lifts themselves. I am talking 30-40 sets of support muscle work, not including the basic 3 lifts for every single workout. You either do this shit RIGHT, or you become injured or worse, you never hit new PR's.

ghost
01-25-11, 10:58 am
universal and animal, while under the same Primary corporation, are two separate entities. there are differences between them, slight as they may be, but they are there. hence the two separate boards, and the two separate athletes. each athlete is contractually obligated, for example, to a board. which includes posting training logs on said board.

does that help any panterA?

G Diesel
01-25-11, 11:13 am
Thing is, I was relaying the sentiment of Bobby Fields in this thread, based on a conversation I had with him. It wasn't a bodybuilder looking for excuses, but an accomplished powerlifter looking to put on a show. Because remember, again, this isn't about us and our pissing contests or bragging rights, at the end of the day we're there to put on a show for the crowd. Bottom line.

When Pudzianowski and Nee deadlifted the Toyotas against each other, they wore straps. Because it makes for a better show. That is the only reason. Same reason powerlifters wear gear of any sort... To push performance past normal human parameters, thus creating more of a spectacle because the weights go up.

Peace, G

HIGA MONSTER
01-25-11, 11:22 am
My 210 lb frame doesn't have quite the same natural core support that my 300ish lb teamates posses haha
What a dick...I thought you were my teammate, and now you are picking on the fat, deconditioned Strongman.
Thanks BIG BEN.

Thing is, I was relaying the sentiment of Bobby Fields in this thread, based on a conversation I had with him. It wasn't a bodybuilder looking for excuses, but an accomplished powerlifter looking to put on a show. Because remember, again, this isn't about us and our pissing contests or bragging rights, at the end of the day we're there to put on a show for the crowd. Bottom line.

When Pudzianowski and Nee deadlifted the Toyotas against each other, they wore straps. Because it makes for a better show. That is the only reason. Same reason powerlifters wear gear of any sort... To push performance past normal human parameters, thus creating more of a spectacle because the weights go up.

Peace, G
G,

Hey man, if Bobby Fields wants to do it, I'm cool bro. No worries.
Me, BIG BEN and seath 242 are gonna do it our way and I think everyone else knows that already...

I made a comment before about the straps to Aggression. In strongman, Nee & Pudz were using straps for a CAR. Not a 500 lb barbbell. If you do a Car deadlift for reps, you are more likely to tear your hands on the handles. Hence the use of straps a majority of the time.
A back end of a car weighs more than 500 lbs. Just my opinion homie. I still love you...

HIGA MONSTER

BIG BEN
01-25-11, 11:54 am
What a dick...I thought you were my teammate, and now you are picking on the fat, deconditioned Strongman.
Thanks BIG BEN.

HIGA MONSTER

Lol Not picking on bro, you and Ben are both better conditioned than I am because if I ever do cardio my weight drops back down below 200 and you both can train it as much as you want and stay 290 lbs+ of pure power. I am merely stating that someone who weighs a bit more naturally has more spinal support which I think is an accurate assumption. Love you big guy!

@ diesel I understand that your saying it's not a cop out or an excuse, but I feel we can put on just as much as a show without the straps. I garuntee you Grant, Ben, and Myself will not be dropping the bar due to a grip issue, so long as there is still strength in our bodies we will keep pulling. grip strength should be part of the test and you're going to see a great display of it I garuntee you!

Enforcer
01-25-11, 12:38 pm

Peace, G

BOOOM, coming from the man himself..

Rage
01-25-11, 3:32 pm
You guys are putting on a show here...if you want to wear straps, wear the fucking straps...if it gets you a few extra reps...thats what really gets the crowd going.

On the flip side...if you can meet or beat a competitor without using straps...thats even more impressive in my opinion.

Just have fun you guys. Do your thing.

BIG BEN
01-25-11, 5:35 pm
You guys are putting on a show here...if you want to wear straps, wear the fucking straps...if it gets you a few extra reps...thats what really gets the crowd going.

On the flip side...if you can meet or beat a competitor without using straps...thats even more impressive in my opinion.

Just have fun you guys. Do your thing.

Prepare to be Impressed... I'll see you all in March

Powerswitch
01-25-11, 7:36 pm
Figured I would chime in here...No big deal about the straps I just figured that it would give me a couple extra reps to fuel the fan fire that's all...Shit, my training partners disagree with me anyway...I'm a powerlifter- I shit, eat and fucking sleep powerlifting, always have, always will until they put my ass in a box...Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, chalk and a belt are fine with me(I was thinking of teaming with my training partner Dave B and Chris D from Skibas if he is interested)...Hitting the big benches again will have to wait until the shoulder is abit stronger but I figured i'd give the squat and deadlift a go for awhile...Maybe bodyweight bench for reps, squat for reps, the 500 dead for reps or all of the above...Wouldn't mind maybe going head to head for a big squat single either - be it geared or raw...Really looking forward to hanging and hitting the iron with everyone in the Cage...God bless

Seath308
01-25-11, 8:27 pm
Figured I would chime in here...No big deal about the straps I just figured that it would give me a couple extra reps to fuel the fan fire that's all...Shit, my training partners disagree with me anyway...I'm a powerlifter- I shit, eat and fucking sleep powerlifting, always have, always will until they put my ass in a box...Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, chalk and a belt are fine with me(I was thinking of teaming with my training partner Dave B and Chris D from Skibas if he is interested)...Hitting the big benches again will have to wait until the shoulder is abit stronger but I figured i'd give the squat and deadlift a go for awhile...Maybe bodyweight bench for reps, squat for reps, the 500 dead for reps or all of the above...Wouldn't mind maybe going head to head for a big squat single either - be it geared or raw...Really looking forward to hanging and hitting the iron with everyone in the Cage...God bless

I would be down to work up to a heavy Raw squat (Belt and Knee Wraps) we could do it friday?

Altered Beast
01-25-11, 11:05 pm
universal and animal, while under the same Primary corporation, are two separate entities. there are differences between them, slight as they may be, but they are there. hence the two separate boards, and the two separate athletes. each athlete is contractually obligated, for example, to a board. which includes posting training logs on said board.

does that help any panterA?

I figured as much. I just wanted one of the Uni/Animal guys to say it; but, it would cause animosity between the two. I understand, I just think that another forum will hurt the FORVM. No one likes checking 2, 3, 4, 5 forums every day. Personally, I don't have that kind of time.

Altered Beast
01-25-11, 11:13 pm
G, you are truly the boss pimp of this FORVM. I have already dubbed you with that title on your thread.

I've always said, do what it takes to win. Personally, I don't care if ya'll choose to use wraps or not. It doesn't impress me if a guy lifts a 900 pound pull raw. I want to see the guy lift 1200!!!! I don't care if he is geared or not. I want to see big fucking weight. Obviously the raw guy cannot lift 1200 with gear, or he'd do it.
This particular instance is a bit different.

I thought a precedent had been set and it kind of has been. Ben Rice is just too nice to say, "You pussies can't beat us without straps!" Now that, would be a hell of a fun competition to watch based on those parameters =)

Am I wrong? =)

Shukin
01-26-11, 8:07 am
G, you are truly the boss pimp of this FORVM. I have already dubbed you with that title on your thread.

And you sir are "the shit stirrer"

Much respect,
Shukin

ghost
01-26-11, 8:17 am
I figured as much. I just wanted one of the Uni/Animal guys to say it; but, it would cause animosity between the two. I understand, I just think that another forum will hurt the FORVM. No one likes checking 2, 3, 4, 5 forums every day. Personally, I don't have that kind of time.

While another forum may "hurt" this board, I am on 4-5 different forums at various points throughout the day. if not for research then for time-wasting.
animalpak
universalusa
raynauds
androidforums
xiledgaming
and various motorcycle boards

each serve a purpose, just as the Universal board serves a different purpose than that of this board.

Shukin
01-26-11, 8:33 am
While another forum may "hurt" this board,

each serve a purpose, just as the Universal board serves a different purpose than that of this board.

I don't necessarily think it hurts this board as much as it limits an athletes exposure and relationship with his or her fans, colleagues and such. Take for example Big Ben, Universal Athlete, had a great thread on here, PanterA and myself often posted on it and he replied to us, we built a kind of relationship and he a fan base......Now corporate closes his thread and asks US to go visit over there.......Why? We were already loyal here. Why should we have to go somewhere else? We the customer, we the viral advertiser are asked to go else where to follow their athlete...I have gone over there, started a profile, never get anyone checking in on me, post comments here and there that go unanswered, I find it very impersonal. I also find it very difficult to follow Big Ben's progress over there, it's more voyeuristic, less personal. On this FORVM you meet people through their posts on other peoples threads as well as there own.
Why move athletes out of here? It's a simple copy and paste!

Sorry to hijack this thread but since things had been mentioned on here I figured it as good a place as any.

Respect,
Shukin

ghost
01-26-11, 8:46 am
I don't necessarily think it hurts this board as much as it limits an athletes exposure and relationship with his or her fans, colleagues and such. Take for example Big Ben, Universal Athlete, had a great thread on here, PanterA and myself often posted on it and he replied to us, we built a kind of relationship and he a fan base......Now corporate closes his thread and asks US to go visit over there.......Why? We were already loyal here. Why should we have to go somewhere else? We the customer, we the viral advertiser are asked to go else where to follow their athlete...I have gone over there, started a profile, never get anyone checking in on me, post comments here and there that go unanswered, I find it very impersonal. I also find it very difficult to follow Big Ben's progress over there, it's more voyeuristic, less personal. On this FORVM you meet people through their posts on other peoples threads as well as there own.

Sorry to hijack this thread but since things had been mentioned on here I figured it as good a place as any.

Respect,
Shukin

the guys at Corporate would have to answer that one man, not me. lol.

Big C
01-26-11, 9:25 am
Ben Rice is just too nice to say, "You pussies can't beat us without straps!" Now that, would be a hell of a fun competition to watch based on those parameters =)

Am I wrong? =)

Win or lose, there are no pussies in this competition, I do know that.

ghost
01-26-11, 6:10 pm

definitely agree with this statement right here.

Seath308
01-26-11, 7:16 pm

Fucking A! You can say that again Bro!

Shukin
01-26-11, 7:27 pm
the guys at Corporate would have to answer that one man, not me. lol.

The question is "will they?"...........

rev8ball
01-26-11, 7:36 pm
definitely agree with this statement right here.

Straps or no straps - I don't give a shit. I will kick all of your asses in the deadlift, and won't even use my hands!

Okay, never mind........... I just realized what that sounded like........ Moving right along........

Altered Beast
01-26-11, 8:04 pm
And you sir are "the shit stirrer"

Much respect,
Shukin

Only on this thread! Someone has to keep things alive and interesting! =)

While another forum may "hurt" this board, I am on 4-5 different forums at various points throughout the day. if not for research then for time-wasting.
animalpak
universalusa
raynauds
androidforums
xiledgaming
and various motorcycle boards

Like I said, not enough time to follow all of those! Might as well keep SPORTPHARMA, UNIVERSAL AND ANIMAL right here. There is absolutely no logical point to splitting it up, especially from a business perspective.

Shuk's answer is like he took it from my head and shall suffice.

I agree, precisely when I am here. It seemed to get a slight rise from you my good man =) no beef, I am just a bit more intense than most.

Ragin Asian
01-26-11, 9:55 pm
Straps or no straps - I don't give a shit. I will kick all of your asses in the deadlift, and won't even use my hands!

Okay, never mind........... I just realized what that sounded like........ Moving right along........

I'd pay to see that! :o) When you said that, it reminded me of an old porn/comic video of a man lifting the bar with his "appendage" that used to circulate the internet.

G Diesel
01-27-11, 9:40 am

I've always said, do what it takes to win. Personally, I don't care if ya'll choose to use wraps or not. It doesn't impress me if a guy lifts a 900 pound pull raw. I want to see the guy lift 1200!!!! I don't care if he is geared or not. I want to see big fucking weight. Obviously the raw guy cannot lift 1200 with gear, or he'd do it.
This particular instance is a bit different.

I thought a precedent had been set and it kind of has been. Ben Rice is just too nice to say, "You pussies can't beat us without straps!" Now that, would be a hell of a fun competition to watch based on those parameters =)

Am I wrong? =)

Here we disagree and agree simultaneously bro. Haha.

For the purposes of a "show" geared lifting definitely gets the gasps and the gawking because the weights are inhuman. For the purposes of the Pros Vs. Bros show, straps on deads to me are OK, because 1) it is all about the spectacle and 2) it is an endurance competition, not a max lift.

Personally, I'm only really interested in raw lifting. Sam Byrd, Jeremy Hoornstra and Nick Winters (may he rest in peace) were always the most impressive guys to me by far, because of what they could do raw. I'm by no means an impressive powerlifter when compared to guys who do this shit for real, but would much rather see a raw 500 lb bench than a shirted 800 lb bench, a raw 600 lb bench than a shirted 1000 lb bench. But that's just me. Walk into the gym with a t-shirt and let's see what you can really lift, that's always been what it's all about to me. No disrespect to Tiny. Kolb, my boy Big D (1750 RAW total), or any of the other fellas who are hardcore as shit but who just choose to lift geared.

Peace, G

naturalguy
01-27-11, 10:00 am

Respect,
Shukin

The Universal brand has a different aesthetic, feel and vibe from Animal, the brand is growing and as such warrants it's own website.

BamBam
01-27-11, 12:40 pm
The Universal brand has a different aesthetic, feel and vibe from Animal, the brand is growing and as such warrants it's own website.

I thought this thread was about deadlifting 500 lbs for reps at THE CAGE?

IN IRON,
BB-

Altered Beast
01-27-11, 1:25 pm
@G - Interesting thoughts! I am conflicted on the issue myself. I will never pursue geared training, but if you can lift heavier weight safer, than I say by all means. Of course, I say that now, but when my bone structure can no longer handle a certain poundage that might change. I would hate for my frame to restrict my gains, I WILL NOT let that happen.

@NG - That is good to hear! We are just afraid of what EVERY corporation tries to do. It's Animal first for most of us here and always will be. If Universal's Corporate mentality begins to harm Animal, that will be bad for 1. sales and 2. the customer (who is ALWAYS right). BUT, I do understand why Universal is trying to build their brand. Building another brand by harming the most successful one is simply bad business. I am not say that is what is happening, WE just hope it does not harm Animal and the FORVM, that is what it all boils down to.

@BAM - Sorry for starting this nonsense bro! Where are you at this week?!?!?!

BACK TO PULLING 500 BABY!!!!!!! Where is Higa at this week???? AT 20?!?!?!

BamBam
01-27-11, 3:59 pm
@G - Interesting thoughts! I am conflicted on the issue myself. I will never pursue geared training, but if you can lift heavier weight safer, than I say by all means. Of course, I say that now, but when my bone structure can no longer handle a certain poundage that might change. I would hate for my frame to restrict my gains, I WILL NOT let that happen.

@NG - That is good to hear! We are just afraid of what EVERY corporation tries to do. It's Animal first for most of us here and always will be. If Universal's Corporate mentality begins to harm Animal, that will be bad for 1. sales and 2. the customer (who is ALWAYS right). BUT, I do understand why Universal is trying to build their brand. Building another brand by harming the most successful one is simply bad business. I am not say that is what is happening, WE just hope it does not harm Animal and the FORVM, that is what it all boils down to.

@BAM - Sorry for starting this nonsense bro! Where are you at this week?!?!?!

BACK TO PULLING 500 BABY!!!!!!! Where is Higa at this week???? AT 20?!?!?!

While yall been chirping about what a "FORUM" should be.. Ive been lifting... grinding... creating... growing...

G Diesel
01-27-11, 4:31 pm
While yall been chirping about what a "FORUM" should be.. Ive been lifting... grinding... creating... growing...

Words that speak to my soul.

Peace, G

Altered Beast
01-27-11, 8:31 pm

I hit 40 plus sets for arms yesterday with some grip enhancement work, plus abs!

Hit legs today 35-40 Sets as well. Leg extensions, squats, box squats, leg presses, 315 pound good mornings, reverse hypers, weighted 45 Degree glut/ham hypers and 8 sets of heavy calves.

You?

Powerswitch
01-27-11, 9:33 pm
Seath242 - Sounds great bro but I would ask that we do it single ply...I'm nursing a bum hip and a torn calve and I'll be competing in a meet two weeks following the Arnold so single ply would fit right into my training regimen and serve to protect my hip...Although I am a multi-ply lifter it was brought to my attention that you are a raw/single-ply lifter so I figured we could really give a good show going single-ply...I have a pair of single ply Titan briefs that I'm using to stay healthy for the meet so they should do just fine...Good luck in your upcoming meet (I think I saw you were competing soon)...God Bless...Bobby

Seath308
01-27-11, 10:12 pm
Seath242 - Sounds great bro but I would ask that we do it single ply...I'm nursing a bum hip and a torn calve and I'll be competing in a meet two weeks following the Arnold so single ply would fit right into my training regimen and serve to protect my hip...Although I am a multi-ply lifter it was brought to my attention that you are a raw/single-ply lifter so I figured we could really give a good show going single-ply...I have a pair of single ply Titan briefs that I'm using to stay healthy for the meet so they should do just fine...Good luck in your upcoming meet (I think I saw you were competing soon)...God Bless...Bobby

Ouch! Bum Hip my older brother has one of those hes only 27 he still lifts raw (Light weight) but he cant go wide at all with his stance! He has to have is feet about 18-20 inches apart it's the closest stance that I have ever seen. It really hinders his squat. So I fully understand about the hip and calf problems. I'm down to go single ply It's been a few years since I put on gear. I'll have to pick up a suit what do you recommend for a single ply? But Before I buy it lets wait and see if the Big Dogs are down with that to.

Powerswitch
01-27-11, 11:37 pm
Sounds good bro...Seems like a whole bunch of shit just hit me at once...Recovering from shoulder replacement that I had last year and thats why my heavy benching days were put on hold, damn, sucks getting old (my old ass just turned 39)...lol...My training partner is all about single ply and he uses Titan suits...He turned me onto the single ply briefs that have been awesome for me...Ken Anderson is the man to talk to...He is awesome to deal with and always gets your shit to you promptly...Just tell him Bobby and Kathy Fields sent you, he'll take great care of you, he's a great gentleman...Talk to you soon and again good luck with your training...Bobby

BamBam
01-28-11, 12:23 pm
Words that speak to my soul.

Peace, G

Thanks G'

I hit 40 plus sets for arms yesterday with some grip enhancement work, plus abs!

Hit legs today 35-40 Sets as well. Leg extensions, squats, box squats, leg presses, 315 pound good mornings, reverse hypers, weighted 45 Degree glut/ham hypers and 8 sets of heavy calves.

You?

Videos coming soon... very.... very... very soon

BamBam
01-28-11, 12:32 pm
I think I may just deadlift in the cage... barefoot...any thoughts?

Seath308
01-29-11, 1:07 am

SAME HERE MY MAN SAME HERE!

725 Raw Squat Pr (Just a Belt and Wraps) SMOKE SHOW!

VIDEO Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYaGAzOt9k

Shukin
01-29-11, 3:41 am
725 raw squat pr (just a belt and wraps) smoke show!

Video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dyagazot9k

awesome!

RedlegDbell
01-29-11, 9:41 am
I'm only there Friday. When is this epic show going down?

Powerswitch
01-30-11, 12:27 am
Wow bro! That was a perfectly executed squat...Walked out and deep as hell!!! Awesome shit!

Altered Beast
01-30-11, 8:01 pm

I always pull barefoot. I've heard good things about deadlift slippers. It helps a whole lot believe it or not!

Altered Beast
01-30-11, 8:05 pm
SAME HERE MY MAN SAME HERE!

725 Raw Squat Pr (Just a Belt and Wraps) SMOKE SHOW!

VIDEO Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYaGAzOt9k

NICE! Truly impressive. That close stance still trips me out!

Had to tweak my squat form, my knees aren't use to it just yet. Hopefully, next cycle I will be able to hit a PR!

Enforcer
02-02-11, 12:45 pm
I'm only there Friday. When is this epic show going down?

Right now it is looking like Saturday

Altered Beast
02-02-11, 4:49 pm
Higa is quiet...

HIGA MONSTER
02-02-11, 5:57 pm
Higa is quiet...
I was told this event was cancelled. Is it back on?

Shit, I better start training!
HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
02-02-11, 7:06 pm

HIGA MONSTER

Who keeps saying that it is canceled?

Nix0r
02-02-11, 7:40 pm

HIGA MONSTER

No more Shake Weight and tricep kickback days for you!

BamBam
02-02-11, 11:51 pm
No more Shake Weight and tricep kickback days for you!

Bahahaha...!

If it's cancelled.. Im going to be pissed..

IN IRON,
BB-

Shukin
02-03-11, 7:22 am
Who keeps saying that it is canceled?

After that video Higa posted things got quiet, so someone started a rumor, I know it wasn't you PanterA.

BamBam
02-03-11, 1:23 pm
After that video Higa posted things got quiet, so someone started a rumor, I know it wasn't you PanterA.

True.. hope t's just a rumor.. oh well, even so.. if it's not, I'll just come to the Cage and pull for a heavy single or get my reps in either way lol..

IN IRON,
BB-

Altered Beast
02-03-11, 7:36 pm
I think Higa keeps saying that to try to spark a fire under ya'lls asses.

J-Dawg
02-04-11, 9:55 am

HIGA MONSTER

Hahaha. HIGA is trying to scare everyone else away!

C.Coronato
02-04-11, 10:31 am
True.. hope t's just a rumor.. oh well, even so.. if it's not, I'll just come to the Cage and pull for a heavy single or get my reps in either way lol..

IN IRON,
BB-

I like the dedication BB!

BamBam
02-04-11, 2:34 pm
I like the dedication BB!

Trying to take after you sir!

Altered Beast
02-04-11, 4:58 pm
Get some bam!

Altered Beast
02-04-11, 4:58 pm
Someone turned off caps in this thread, bitches. Lol!

ghost
02-04-11, 6:14 pm
Someone turned off caps in this thread, bitches. Lol!

that is that way in every section now.

Altered Beast
02-04-11, 8:25 pm
that is that way in every section now.

More pussification, absolutely lame.

Guess we will just throw a lot of exclamation points instead. Haha.

Nix0r
02-04-11, 10:57 pm

Not at all. I don't know about you, but I can't stand posts that are done entirely in caps. It makes the poster seem like a blaring 12-year old.

ghost
02-05-11, 8:19 am

There are a LOT of times that we, as mods, have discussed this issue. and internet yelling. does not make you cool. it isnt a "pussification" of the board. it is common courtesy. not only does it not get your point across, it makes you look like a jackass when you do it.

Not at all. I don't know about you, but I can't stand posts that are done entirely in caps. It makes the poster seem like a blaring 12-year old.

exactly.

Altered Beast
02-05-11, 10:48 am
There are a LOT of times that we, as mods, have discussed this issue. and internet yelling. does not make you cool. it isnt a "pussification" of the board. it is common courtesy. not only does it not get your point across, it makes you look like a jackass when you do it.

exactly.

Too much censorship these days leads us members to believe people are on power trips. Tends to happen to those who have never had it =) Everything you want controlled simply cannot happen, some things just have to be. We do happen to have younger individuals who do type in all caps (which is annoying), but sometimes it is simply an expression of extreme emotion. We cannot see each other's tenacity through written text. I thought the point of Animal was extreme tenacity....

Keep in mind I am both fucking with you and trying to get a point across. Relax, seriously.

ghost
02-05-11, 2:01 pm
Too much censorship these days leads us members to believe people are on power trips. Tends to happen to those who have never had it =) Everything you want controlled simply cannot happen, some things just have to be. We do happen to have younger individuals who do type in all caps (which is annoying), but sometimes it is simply an expression of extreme emotion. We cannot see each other's tenacity through written text. I thought the point of Animal was extreme tenacity....

Keep in mind I am both fucking with you and trying to get a point across. Relax, seriously.

I am pretty relaxed. trust me ;) and i do understand where you are coming from on the issue. but the fact of the matter is that this board is not "public domain." This board is owned and operated by a company. if corporate sees a portion of the board they want changed, it gets changed. So, on this board, everything they want to control, CAN be controlled. haha.

Altered Beast
02-05-11, 8:23 pm
I am pretty relaxed. trust me ;) and i do understand where you are coming from on the issue. but the fact of the matter is that this board is not "public domain." This board is owned and operated by a company. if corporate sees a portion of the board they want changed, it gets changed. So, on this board, everything they want to control, CAN be controlled. haha.

Precisely why I am not a fan of corporations =) they do not represent the founding entrepreneurial spirit that made this country what it is today. FREEDOM BABY, is never having to say you're sorry.
I think we may be taking the focus off of this thread.

BAM! Where are the vids? Higa definitely wants to see them =)

Shukin
02-06-11, 7:31 am

Wouldn't be the first time. Is their a "dirty laundry" thread? Where is the appropriate place to register complaints where they will actually be answered by "corporate"?

naturalguy
02-06-11, 7:44 am
Precisely why I am not a fan of corporations =) they do not represent the founding entrepreneurial spirit that made this country what it is today. FREEDOM BABY, is never having to say you're sorry.

BAM! Where are the vids? Higa definitely wants to see them =)

Universal Nutrition/Animal is not a big corporation, it is family owned and operated since 1977.

ghost
02-06-11, 9:56 am
Wouldn't be the first time. Is their a "dirty laundry" thread? Where is the appropriate place to register complaints where they will actually be answered by "corporate"?

thread called "The State of the F O R V M" and can be found here http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?9843-The-State-of-the-F-O-R-V-M

Enforcer
02-07-11, 11:57 am
4 weeks and couting, Im traing back 2nite, gotta get those fuckin reps in!!!!

BamBam
02-07-11, 4:25 pm
4 weeks and couting, Im traing back 2nite, gotta get those fuckin reps in!!!!

I'm right there with ya brother... lemme know how it goes!

Altered Beast
02-07-11, 7:56 pm
I'm right there with ya brother... lemme know how it goes!

How many reps are ya'll getting?????????

BamBam
02-08-11, 1:59 am
How many reps are ya'll getting?????????

Enough ;)

C.Coronato
02-08-11, 11:39 am
Enough ;)

Looking forward to a big show down BB. Interested to see how this goes!

Altered Beast
02-08-11, 4:41 pm
Enough ;)

Lol!

Sorry, the FORVM has gotten quiet since the end of last year.

BamBam
02-08-11, 8:10 pm
Lol!

Sorry, the FORVM has gotten quiet since the end of last year.

Haha.. yeah.. people in the gym workin off them holiday pounds.. one too many no bake cookies lol

TheGreatWhite
02-08-11, 10:59 pm

Bare feet for the Big Pull brotha! I ditch the shoes when deadlifting, works like a charm!

BamBam
02-09-11, 1:20 pm
Bare feet for the Big Pull brotha! I ditch the shoes when deadlifting, works like a charm!

Hmm...there's one vote...

kc campbell
02-09-11, 1:58 pm

I used to go barefoot till I got some Vibram 5 Finger Toe shoes. Goofiest lookin shoes ever, but work fucking great.

Mr. Dead
02-09-11, 2:01 pm
I'm lookin' forward to February 26th, when I'll get a little preview of how the Seattle Crew is doing...

Altered Beast
02-09-11, 8:45 pm
Hmm...there's one vote...

Bam did you not see my post almost a month ago on this issue? LOL!

ALWAYS pull in socks. I've heard good things about deadlift slippers, they have some special flat soled grip on the bottom that is suppose to help your deadlift.

Enforcer
02-11-11, 11:25 am
So the other day I work I rolled up on an accident where the road was pure ice, had my lights on and was about to get out of the car when another car coming down the hill behind me lost control and smacked my car in the back. Back has been a lil sore ever since, trained legs last night and it seemed to help loosen it up a bit. Dont think it shoudl effect me at the Arnold but still fuckin sux

G Diesel
02-11-11, 11:31 am
So the other day I work I rolled up on an accident where the road was pure ice, had my lights on and was about to get out of the car when another car coming down the hill behind me lost control and smacked my car in the back. Back has been a lil sore ever since, trained legs last night and it seemed to help loosen it up a bit. Dont think it shoudl effect me at the Arnold but still fuckin sux

I'm sorry to hear that my brother... Heal fast man. See you soon.

Peace, G

Altered Beast
02-11-11, 8:06 pm

Sorry to hear that! Get your necessary rest

Shukin
02-12-11, 7:39 am

Dude you are lucky you were in the car....

Enforcer
02-12-11, 2:09 pm
Dude you are lucky you were in the car....

Yea tell me about it, got lucky there, been resting up all weekend, training back on monday so we'll see how I feel

Shukin
02-12-11, 7:28 pm
Yea tell me about it, got lucky there, been resting up all weekend, training back on monday so we'll see how I feel

Glad to hear you are okay, rest and recover.

HIGA MONSTER
02-12-11, 10:06 pm
Dang bro, I hope your body is ok and all is well. Postive thoughts your way from Washington.

HIGA MONSTER

Big C
02-13-11, 12:23 am
Those pics of the smashed squad car were no joke E. First and foremost glad you are alright, can't imagine the whiplash.

Stay strong and we'll smash it up in a few weeks.

Enforcer
02-13-11, 12:34 pm
Thanx fellas, been resting it as much as I can all weekend, gonna train back tommrow and see how it feels. Hopefully no problems...

C.Coronato
02-14-11, 1:35 pm

God damn homie, glad your ok.

FITGYM
02-15-11, 1:27 am

dayuummmm Bro...hate when stuff stops us from training..hope u r OK....I'm working my way back myself so I know your pain..Bro....just take it one day at a time

BamBam
02-16-11, 1:54 pm
Thanx fellas, been resting it as much as I can all weekend, gonna train back tommrow and see how it feels. Hopefully no problems...

Praying for you brother!! Keep hitting it hard and we have 17 days til we throw down..

IN IRON,
BB-

Razor
02-16-11, 2:00 pm

How ya feelin today bro?

Altered Beast
02-16-11, 7:16 pm

Double up on your Animal Flex until your 100% healed. That should speed your recovery.

Enforcer
02-16-11, 10:40 pm
How ya feelin today bro?

Been resting it as much as I can, hit back on Monday, not as heavy tho on the lower back movements, was feeling good, gonna push it more next Monday and that will determine how Ill be at the Arnold

HIGA MONSTER
02-17-11, 11:02 pm
So are we the event that is going on at 2:30pm?

I asked this on the "CAGE schedule" thread, but haven't gotten an answer.

HIGA MONSTER

Sgt Rock
02-18-11, 2:01 am
Last time anyone challenged me personally to an endurance contest I pulled 600....for ten reps......deadstop......HOOK GRIP. Im quite sure I can pull 500 for 15-20 and so can at least one other guy in the Cage.....its passout type intensity, should be interesting.

Semper Fi

HIGA MONSTER
02-18-11, 5:17 pm
Just finished 2 hours ago...

Video of 675 lbs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1xBjV9JpBc

Video of 500 lbs x 15 reps drop set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng4qPHMLiGM

Have a great weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

shortstack
02-18-11, 5:33 pm

Have a great weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

Good shit HIGA. Love the new training facility also. Looks like a great place.
Jeremy

Seath308
02-18-11, 5:54 pm

Have a great weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

Looking good Higa straight beastin on that shit!

Shukin
02-18-11, 6:10 pm
Awesome Higa!
imperial is lucky to have you guys, and you them..

Well done.

Altered Beast
02-18-11, 7:30 pm

Have a great weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

SWOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAH!

The single was SICK!

smoothballer
02-18-11, 7:54 pm

Have a great weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

Holy Impressive Higa!

HIGA MONSTER
02-19-11, 12:47 am
Good shit HIGA. Love the new training facility also. Looks like a great place.
Jeremy
Its going to be great for me and my crew.

Looking good Higa straight beastin on that shit!
Wish you could be there next weekend for the ABC. See you in Ohio lover...

Awesome Higa!
imperial is lucky to have you guys, and you them..

Well done.
Domo arigato!

SWOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAH!

The single was SICK!
Very happy, even though it was slow off the ground.

Holy Impressive Higa!
Trying bro. You guys fire me up too.

Bring your popcorn for this CAGE event...its gonna be nuckin futs.
HIGA MONSTER

Seath308
02-20-11, 7:35 pm
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/18113

Shukin
02-20-11, 7:41 pm

Sick, watching your legs as you un-racked it I thought you were going to struggle through the lift, but shit you made it look easy!
Awesome!

Altered Beast
02-20-11, 10:06 pm

NICE!! That is fun to see.

TheGreatWhite
02-20-11, 10:36 pm

Have a great weekend,
HIGA MONSTER

Grant, you're a motherfuckin' monster.

HIGA MONSTER
02-20-11, 11:38 pm
Badass bro.
I wish you could be there with us this Saturday at the Seattle ABC, but I will be thinking of you at your contest.

9 white lights baby!

Grant, you're a motherfuckin' monster.
Hah!
Thanks bro. Looking forward to putting on a show at The Arnold.

I used to drive for Atlas Van Lines. I see you are from Evansville, IN and that is their headquarters!

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
02-26-11, 5:13 pm
Did this today at the "Seattle ABC"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSuzk8VH2T0

See you in 7 days at The Cage.
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
02-26-11, 6:06 pm

HIGA MONSTER

Awesome!
You are one sick mofo Higa!

That Gym looks fun........

HIGA MONSTER
02-26-11, 6:28 pm
Awesome!
You are one sick mofo Higa!

That Gym looks fun........
I got lots of pictures too and will post up my workout later.

Headed to a birthday party for my cousin, then watching the UFC.
Don't ever say Strongmen are fat, deconditioned lifters. I will prove that shit wrong. I can't wait for Ohio next weekend.

FYI, Ben Seath did a 800 lb Raw Squat today. He sent me and BIG BEN a video while we were at the ABC.

HIGA MONSTER

RedlegDbell
02-26-11, 6:34 pm

HIGA MONSTER

Whoa! Pre workout inspiration for tomorrow morning right there.

Shukin
02-26-11, 6:34 pm
I got lots of pictures too and will post up my workout later.

Headed to a birthday party for my cousin, then watching the UFC.
Don't ever say Strongmen are fat, deconditioned lifters. I will prove that shit wrong. I can't wait for Ohio next weekend.

FYI, Ben Seath did a 800 lb Raw Squat today. He sent me and BIG BEN a video while we were at the ABC.

HIGA MONSTER

I never called you fat, hell your Hawaiian what's a N'r gonna due?.....lol (remember the bit about Tony Rocky Horror?)
SEATH is sick as well, you three gotta good thing going on there pushing and pulling each other, I hope the company sees it as much as we here in the forvm do.
Have fun at the B-day party.

Shukin
02-26-11, 6:52 pm
HIGA MONSTER;1076969
Don't ever say Strongmen are fat, deconditioned lifters.
HIGA MONSTER

Refresher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbuNj37Z8I

Altered Beast
02-26-11, 7:13 pm
Refresher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbuNj37Z8I

Great film, badass scene.

I don't question Higa's conditioning! Lol

HIGA MONSTER
02-27-11, 3:15 am
Whoa! Pre workout inspiration for tomorrow morning right there.
Right on, I'm glad I can inspire my bro.

I never called you fat, hell your Hawaiian what's a N'r gonna due?.....lol (remember the bit about Tony Rocky Horror?)
SEATH is sick as well, you three gotta good thing going on there pushing and pulling each other, I hope the company sees it as much as we here in the forvm do.
Have fun at the B-day party.
No doubt. BIG BEN was telling me today how much he misses working out with us, cause its a great, postive environment and we push each other.
You can hear it in his voice when I was doing the Prowler push.

Great film, badass scene.
I don't question Higa's conditioning! Lol
Its fuckin on next weekend. Can't wait to bring the house down at THE CAGE.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

David H
03-02-11, 1:52 pm
[QUOTE=HIGA MONSTER;1073636]
Wish you could be there next weekend for the ABC. See you in Ohio lover...

Hahahahaha! Lover.. Higa is warming up to the Seath way!! hahaha
To most people I say I'll fight ya for him! But Grant can just have him.. I dont wanna go there!! hahaha

Animal Rep
03-02-11, 3:57 pm
Saturday 230pm

I hear this one will be something not to be missed.

HIGA MONSTER
03-02-11, 4:59 pm
[QUOTE=HIGA MONSTER;1073636]
Hahahahaha! Lover.. Higa is warming up to the Seath way!! hahaha
To most people I say I'll fight ya for him! But Grant can just have him.. I dont wanna go there!! hahaha
You don't want my sloppy seconds? Cmon Dave! It might help your lifts...

Saturday 230pm
I agree. Can't wait.

Are we going two at at time? Or just one guy at at time?
Thought it would be cool if you had a Pro vs Bro head to head, but don't know if there would be enough room in The Cage.

HIGA MONSTER

Seath308
03-02-11, 5:09 pm
Are we going two at at time? Or just one guy at at time?
Thought it would be cool if you had a Pro vs Bro head to head, but don't know if there would be enough room in The Cage.

HIGA MONSTER

Yeah I was thinking we should be face to face when we pull that would be pretty cool.

HIGA MONSTER
03-02-11, 5:28 pm
Yeah I was thinking we should be face to face when we pull that would be pretty cool.
Or, like a "V". Both competitors set up like a "V".

Who knows, after last year's Cage, this may be tough to pull of with all the equipment in there.
HIGA MONSTER

Seath308
03-02-11, 5:39 pm
Or, like a "V". Both competitors set up like a "V".

Who knows, after last year's Cage, this may be tough to pull of with all the equipment in there.
HIGA MONSTER

Oh yeah the "V" would be cool too! I wanted to do it face to face because I figured I could distract them on account of I Deadlift naked.

Shukin
03-02-11, 5:59 pm
Oh yeah the "V" would be cool too! I wanted to do it face to face because I figured I could distract them on account of I Deadlift naked.

Haaahhhaaa. that is fucking funny!

Shukin
03-02-11, 5:59 pm
Saturday 230pm

230pm, Pacific? Mountain?

Mr. Dead
03-02-11, 6:07 pm
230pm, Pacific? Mountain?

Eastern...

Shukin
03-02-11, 6:12 pm
Eastern...

same as New York?

Mr. Dead
03-02-11, 6:21 pm
same as New York?

Yes...

Shukin
03-02-11, 6:29 pm
Yes...

Thank you very much Mr. Dead

02:30:00 p.m. Saturday March 5, 2011 in America/New_York converts to
04:30:00 a.m. Sunday March 6, 2011 in Asia/Tokyo

HIGA MONSTER
03-02-11, 6:29 pm
I hope you are not sitting by me on the plane tomorrow morning. This could be a long flight to Ohio with your sick, twisted humour.

HIGA

Big C
03-02-11, 6:39 pm
Let's get this shit going! We've all been putting in WORK on the deads I'm sure each of us will do well.

Can't wait to throw down some Rage before the big lift.

Altered Beast
03-02-11, 8:26 pm
I HATE that I have to miss ya'll this year =\

This is going to be NUTS! I wouldn't be able sleep well at all Friday night, even with 2 PM's!

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 8:57 am
See you all in Columbus!

Holla,
HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
03-03-11, 9:09 am
See you all in Columbus!

Holla,
HIGA MONSTER

Be Safe

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 11:04 am
Be Safe
Domo arigato!

HIGA

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 11:21 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYNp-GICYDs

HIGA MONSTER

smoothballer
03-03-11, 11:38 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYNp-GICYDs

HIGA MONSTER

LMAO...

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 12:18 pm
Well, it just gets better.

Our flight is still not here, so they have rerouted us to Ohio.
I gotta fly to Phoenix, then Columbus at get in at 9:30pm.

Ben Rice & Seath are headed to Minneapolis and get in at 10:40pm.

Eating some breakfast right now and hydrating.
HIGA MONSTER

smoothballer
03-03-11, 12:28 pm
Well, it just gets better.

Our flight is still not here, so they have rerouted us to Ohio.
I gotta fly to Phoenix, then Columbus at get in at 9:30pm.

Ben Rice & Seath are headed to Minneapolis and get in at 10:40pm.

Eating some breakfast right now and hydrating.
HIGA MONSTER

Oh man that sucks ass...

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 12:52 pm
HIGA, BIG BEN and Seath242 being delayed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNzEIZNKLlg

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 12:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAj4YvxI5D4

kc campbell
03-03-11, 1:16 pm

Leave it to Seath to pull the shenanigans haha. Have a good time fellas. Northwest represent!

HIGA MONSTER
03-03-11, 2:22 pm
So, they rerouted my original flight and sent me to US Airways to take a flight to Phoenix, then to Columbus and I was supposed to get in to Ohio at 9:30pm.
I go all the way to the other side of SeaTac and took 2 trams to get to US Airways. Wait for someone to finally get to my gate and they tell me their flight is OVERSOLD and I need to go back to United to figure out how they can get me to Ohio.

Awesome...

I get back to the same gate where me and both Ben's were, and now I am scheduled for a flight to Washington Dulles at 1pm, then connect to Columbus and arrive at 11:30pm.

No food coupons either. Pricks.

HIGA

freighttraindane
03-03-11, 2:30 pm
So, they rerouted my original flight and sent me to US Airways to take a flight to Phoenix, then to Columbus and I was supposed to get in to Ohio at 9:30pm.
I go all the way to the other side of SeaTac and took 2 trams to get to US Airways. Wait for someone to finally get to my gate and they tell me their flight is OVERSOLD and I need to go back to United to figure out how they can get me to Ohio.

Awesome...

I get back to the same gate where me and both Ben's were, and now I am scheduled for a flight to Washington Dulles at 1pm, then connect to Columbus and arrive at 11:30pm.

HIGA

Damn Higa, that blows!

Shukin
03-03-11, 5:50 pm

Fuckin Funny shit right there.....
Dude that Bulky Boy Jumper is the bomb!

Shukin
03-03-11, 5:51 pm

Awesome...

HIGA

Let me make some phone calls.

Altered Beast
03-03-11, 7:41 pm

Awesome...

HIGA

Complete DOUCHES! Sorry Higa, are there any good food spots at the airport at least?

Altered Beast
03-03-11, 8:17 pm
Where can we find the link to the stream at the Cage???

Shukin
03-03-11, 8:37 pm
Where can we find the link to the stream at the Cage???

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-cage-2011-arnold

Altered Beast
03-03-11, 9:53 pm
Those videos are HILARIOUS! Higa you are seriously the greatest.

Ben, two things bro. GET RID OF THAT DAMN COWBOYS SHIRT! Two, I can't recommend the Burger King breakfast =) Your pole dancing definitely makes up for both!

HIGA MONSTER
03-04-11, 2:59 am
So BIG BEN and Seath242 ended up getting into town before me.

But I got the surprise of the night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHSQhZ6TZGQ

Hopefully, BIG BEN and Seath242 aren't cuddling next to each other in the Double bed. LMAO

See you later today!
HIGA MONSTER

J-Dawg
03-04-11, 6:22 am

Hopefully, BIG BEN and Seath242 aren't cuddling next to each other in the Double bed. LMAO

See you later today!
HIGA MONSTER

LOL. That's awesome HIGA. You can hold some meetings in that room, lol. Glad to hear you guys finally made it in safely.

Shukin
03-04-11, 7:09 am

See you later today!
HIGA MONSTER

Great video!
The Murphy bed is awesome....

HIGA MONSTER
03-04-11, 7:29 am
About to head down for breakfast, since we couldn't eat anything last night.

Just opened my window and I can see the main entrance to the Convention Center. HERE WE COME!

Last night, Victor Martinez was ahead of me while checking into the hotel. Don't know why he was checking in so late at midnight but he still was looking huge.
Shook Ray Lewis's hand (Baltimore Ravens) in the bar downstairs. Seemed like a cool dude...I dared Ben Seath to do this pre-game dance in front of him but no takers.
Saw Kuclo too and said whats up to him. Bob Cicherello was nearby too and its always good to see him.

Anyway, I'm off to breakfast buffet! Later!
HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
03-04-11, 8:43 am
Finally, got to eat some good food after the long day of travel.

Sat down, then Vinny G showed up so he sat by me and it was good to see him. Asked him how his Dad was doing.

Pretty cool moment...Kai Greene walks in and looks yacked. He comes by to say "wassup" to some boys from another company, then says "wassup" to Vinny, THEN shakes my hand and says, "How you doing?" What a nice guy! Pretty crazy cause he has some nuts training vids.

I sent a pic to Mr Dead. He should post that soon.
Saw everyone else. Holy shit, Wycked is a BIG MUTHAFUCKA. And humble to boot.

Getting ready now. Zack Nims is about to start his contest at the "Arnold World Strongman Amateur Championships" and I wanna go watch him before the Cage opens.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Altered Beast
03-04-11, 1:17 pm
Finally, got to eat some good food after the long day of travel.

Sat down, then Vinny G showed up so he sat by me and it was good to see him. Asked him how his Dad was doing.

Pretty cool moment...Kai Greene walks in and looks yacked. He comes by to say "wassup" to some boys from another company, then says "wassup" to Vinny, THEN shakes my hand and says, "How you doing?" What a nice guy! Pretty crazy cause he has some nuts training vids.

I sent a pic to Mr Dead. He should post that soon.
Saw everyone else. Holy shit, Wycked is a BIG MUTHAFUCKA. And humble to boot.

Getting ready now. Zack Nims is about to start his contest at the "Arnold World Strongman Amateur Championships" and I wanna go watch him before the Cage opens.

Aloha,
HIGA MONSTER

Wish I could have made it....

Sounds fun!

David H
03-04-11, 2:20 pm
Brother, Big Ben, Higa Monster.. and IVY!!! Good luck.. Smash some weights boys!! Those "Bro's" aint got nothing on you three!! I really plan on going next year. Hopefully Seath will be going back there also!!!

Shukin
03-04-11, 6:03 pm
Keep us posted on how Zack does.

Altered Beast
03-05-11, 3:29 pm
What's up with the stream?

David H
03-05-11, 4:04 pm

I can't wait till they post the results with some great vids!!!!!!!

HIGA MONSTER
03-05-11, 10:46 pm
I posted vids of the Pros man. Its on another thread.

INTENSE!

Altered Beast
03-06-11, 1:10 pm
I posted vids of the Pros man. Its on another thread.

INTENSE!

Link me please!

HIGA MONSTER
03-07-11, 4:09 am
Link me please!
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35503-HIGA-MONSTER-s-videos-from-Day-2

Altered Beast
03-07-11, 12:41 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35503-higa-monster-s-videos-from-day-2

badass!!!