PDA

View Full Version : My Storm

mark!
01-16-11, 12:42 am
There's an old saying, that strong storms make trees take on deep roots, so this is my storm. I've been up, I've been down and out, and I'm ready to stop fluctuating. I'm ready for some consitency in my training like I've had before. A little back ground here...
Weight: 359 as of this morning, in Feb 2007 I was 464, and I've been as low as 301 last year.
Lifting Bests: Bench: 265 Squat: 375 DL: 415
Goals: I'm ready to be sub 300, and for good. I know my strength has suffered greatly in the past, which sucks but comes with the territory of losing large amounts of weight.
I work out at him in the garage, I have a squat rack, bench, about 700lbs of weights, 2 oly bars, atlas stones, atlas stone platform, 550lb tire, numerous sledge hammers. I like non traditional workouts mixed with the big 3, and love complexes on off days to keep me going. I work 4pm-2am, so my workouts will likely be around 3am-5am. I'll be running a 5/3/1 program with conditioning in between lifting 3 days a week.

Monday: Deadlift / Cardio
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Strongman Conditioning
Thursday: Bench / Upper Body
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Squat / Legs
Sunday: Cardio / Abs

Looking forward to the journey brothers.

mark!
01-17-11, 5:02 am
Tonight I started prepping for my 5/3/1 routine, and sticking to it. I really enjoyed 5/3/1. Gonna look more along the lines of trying to get some strength in here. I figured my lifts would all be shitty, been off lifting about 2 months or so, but really left the garage impressed and stoked by my numbers.
Squat: Started with 225 and just ramped up to 315 which was really good, kept loading, 345x2, then 365x1 which I believe matched my previous PR before I started 5/3/1 last time. Felt really really good.
OHP: Started with 135 ramped up to 195, which is a +5 PR.
Bench: I didn't push it here, I started at 135 and ended with 195, which moved really fast.
DL: Started at 225 x 5, felt great. ramped up to 315x3 and was happy, moved fast off the ground. Went for 385 and got it, moved slow after the knees to lockout. Tried for 405 but was spent, nothing left in the tank, will save it for another day.

So my numbers in the past, to the numbers now are...
190/195
215/195
365/365
415/385

I don't think they're all too bad considering. I know I could have gotten in the 200's on bench, and I feel confident I could have gotten in the 400's on DL if I would have been rested, instead of maxing on everything.

mark!
05-10-11, 2:32 am
Been out for a while, nursing a pec injury. I've been lifting off and on, but getting back in to here recently. I did manage to put on some good weight, well strength wise, but I really need to get back on the diet bus. My weight, as of this morning was 349.6.

My new PR's on the big 3
Bench 260
Deadlift 515
Squat 425

Obviously never been much of a bench guy, but working on that now to get it up above 300, then see where we go from there. Looking overall for weight to be around 270-280, benching 350, deads at 600, and squats just above 450. I'd be pretty damn happy with that. This is my last week of nursing the injury, so after this I'm back at Metroflex training hard. I follow a 5x5 bench routine, a 3x3 squat routine, and a 3x3 deadlift routine with 4x10 for volume. Hopefully I'll manage to actually keep track of my journal over here, as the other site I usually fequent is starting to blow.
Typically compete in strongman events, but have a push/pull meet set for August. I train out of my garage except for Thursdays, I'm at metroflex. New diet is a keto cycle, and have been averaging about 4-5lbs a cycle with lousy carb days. This week will mark the first week of "clean" carb days. This week is just active recovery/cardio crap, and it sucks. But, it's a necessary evil I'm sure.