PDA

View Full Version : The Big Question. WHY?

SteelaBalla
01-17-11, 10:14 am
I was hanging out with my friends the other day and one of my friends European friend sarcastically asked me why I workout. He said "why would anyone wanna workout? to look good to women? Is that the only way you can pick up chicks?" and I said fuck no! I said when I see a beast in the mirror that makes me feel good about myself. Trying to be the strongest and biggest man in the gym and knowing that you are an animal is way much more satisfying than looking good for women. Being larger than life itself is orgasmic enough.

what would yall say to a moron like this?

BarbellManiac
01-17-11, 10:16 am
You can't explain the term "animal" to the normal individual. Just tell them that you workout to keep yourself healthy.

C.Coronato
01-17-11, 10:30 am
I think many Europeans don't have the want or need to be very huge and muscular, we live in a very different culture than Europe and most other countries for that matter. The US loves everything in excess. He doesnt understand us and we dont understand him. Thats just how the world is brother.

Aggression
01-17-11, 10:42 am
'It's a hobby and its what makes me happy'. That's the usual response I give. A true friend wouldn't question it. To delve deeper, I explain that its something deep within the soul of someone. The expression, 'bitten by the bug' is definitely not a myth or a made up term. Some people haggle with the weights and never think much of it. For others, their first session triggers a new lifestyle.

SteelaBalla
01-17-11, 12:03 pm
You can't explain the term "animal" to the normal individual. Just tell them that you workout to keep yourself healthy.

Hell yeah bro! I like that.. they dont understand us

Machine
01-17-11, 2:37 pm
Next time ask him why he would ever beat his dick...or have sex with a woman...or two women...or three women...to me its the same thing. I get the same feeling in the gymnasium as he does "picking up chicks.

Incidentally, I dont associate with people who say things like "picking up chicks" he should try to hang out with some women who could literally pick him up...some of them probably have bigger dicks than he does.

Many Europeans are not like this person...thank God. I have had many great times with European lifters and women...

MACHINE

SteelaBalla
01-17-11, 4:26 pm
Next time ask him why he would ever beat his dick...or have sex with a woman...or two women...or three women...to me its the same thing. I get the same feeling in the gymnasium as he does "picking up chicks.

Incidentally, I dont associate with people who say things like "picking up chicks" he should try to hang out with some women who could literally pick him up...some of them probably have bigger dicks than he does.

Many Europeans are not like this person...thank God. I have had many great times with European lifters and women...

MACHINE
I feel you bro. Like I said hes a moron but I was just wondering what would other animals say to these type of guys coz there are many ignorant life forms like him walk among us.

Jay
01-17-11, 5:38 pm
Picking up females has nothing to do with it. I workout for me, and me only. No one else.

SleeezyPMartini
01-17-11, 6:43 pm
what would yall say to a moron like this?

If I were in your shoes, I woulda said, "So when some smart ass like you comes around and decides to get brave, I can whoop his ass...then pick up his chick" Lol

But in all seriousness, no "normal" individual will fully understand why we live how we do. Most guys buy polo shirts & beer, we buy cheap hoodies & supplements. Most guys blow chunks cause they drank too much, we puke cause we kill ourselves in the gym.

SteelaBalla
01-17-11, 7:05 pm
If I were in your shoes, I woulda said, "So when some smart ass like you comes around and decides to get brave, I can whoop his ass...then pick up his chick" Lol

But in all seriousness, no "normal" individual will fully understand why we live how we do. Most guys buy polo shirts & beer, we buy cheap hoodies & supplements. Most guys blow chunks cause they drank too much, we puke cause we kill ourselves in the gym.

AMEN!

D-Kev
01-18-11, 3:02 am
Answers: The high road would be going with some righteous answers. However, in some cases, sarcasm is needed if the asker has a shit-eating grin on his face, won't listen to reason and continues to try to make you look like a "dumb meathead"...Use sarcasm at your discretion. This is what they are looking for, try not to give in.

**The Righteous

- I love the strength gains and knowing I'm getting stronger, consistently...As evident in my logbook from session to session.
- I love the physical changes in my body over the years.
- Lifting is an individual endeavor, it's me vs the weight, every single time.
- I'm accountable for my eating habits, I'm living a healthy lifestyle.
- The confidence, mental and physical toughness and coordination I've built and earned.
- The feeling leaving the gym, knowing I've accomplished something and doing all that I can to have bettered myself whether it was a great session or not.

**The Sarcastic

- ....Why would anyone 'not' want to lift weights?
- I lift because I don't want to look like you.
- Why are you content to be a scrawny ass bitch?
- Where do you shop? The boys' department?
- Nice shirt, where's it from, baby gap?
- I press more than you weigh...
- My girlfriend weighs more than you and could kick yo ass...

SteelaBalla
01-18-11, 9:28 am
Answers: The high road would be going with some righteous answers. However, in some cases, sarcasm is needed if the asker has a shit-eating grin on his face, won't listen to reason and continues to try to make you look like a "dumb meathead"...Use sarcasm at your discretion. This is what they are looking for, try not to give in.

**The Righteous

- I love the strength gains and knowing I'm getting stronger, consistently...As evident in my logbook from session to session.
- I love the physical changes in my body over the years.
- Lifting is an individual endeavor, it's me vs the weight, every single time.
- I'm accountable for my eating habits, I'm living a healthy lifestyle.
- The confidence, mental and physical toughness and coordination I've built and earned.
- The feeling leaving the gym, knowing I've accomplished something and doing all that I can to have bettered myself whether it was a great session or not.

**The Sarcastic

- ....Why would anyone 'not' want to lift weights?
- I lift because I don't want to look like you.
- Why are you content to be a scrawny ass bitch?
- Where do you shop? The boys' department?
- Nice shirt, where's it from, baby gap?
- I press more than you weigh...
- My girlfriend weighs more than you and could kick yo ass...

Yo man I know exactly what u mean. Sometimes sarcastic answers are the best way to shut em up.

ShizIP
01-18-11, 11:17 pm
'It's a hobby and its what makes me happy'. That's the usual response I give. A true friend wouldn't question it. To delve deeper, I explain that its something deep within the soul of someone. The expression, 'bitten by the bug' is definitely not a myth or a made up term. Some people haggle with the weights and never think much of it. For others, their first session triggers a new lifestyle.

Thats the truth. I don't usually say its a hobby but it is a lifestyle just like he said for Animals lifting is something totally different. Every since my first real lift I haven't stopped lifting it just becomes a part of you. I personally can not live without it I dont feel as good mentally physically or even spiritually when I'm lifting. For people who think we lift to pick up chicks they will never understand this feeling. I just tell em its a part of me without it I don't function.

RENFRO
01-19-11, 5:45 pm
My biggest nightmare is looking back on a situation and having to say "If I had only been stronger..." If I had to protect someone, or flip a fucking car off of someone...physical weakness will never be an excuse in my world. Protecting the people that matter fellas...all the other shit that comes along with it is just wash.

RENFRO

Shukin
01-19-11, 7:28 pm
We Mock What We Don’t Understand

Shukin
01-19-11, 7:36 pm
I just thought of something else,
Americans don't use sarcasm until we are good friends with some one.
Europeans and Australians start with sarcasm to see if you are cheeky enough to be their friend, it's a cultural difference that takes some getting used to.