PDA

View Full Version : Time and Gains

zubda345
01-21-11, 10:17 am
I know everybody is different but It's been almost 2.5 years since I've been to gym first 6 months I was not serious at all not with my diet no with my training but after that I got serious just to get fat off myself. In 6 months time I got a little better without caring about my diet. After that It's been a little time since I got in my good shape (not that good) and am lifting and dieting as hard as I can since the mid of 2010

Now The question is that I see people who have been lifting for only a year and they can pound on heavy benches heavy deads and other heavy movements, I also know that it's not the weight on the bar that matters it's ur body, if it's getting something it's good. But I also want to do heavy benches heavy deads and heavy Squats... Why can't I???

(I started doing legs only 6-8 months ago.)

I squat for 159lbs for (mostly) 10 reps
Bench is 132-140 for 10 reps
My max dead is 265lbs and I started dead lifting 6 months ago.

I started training in 2008.

smoothballer
01-21-11, 10:23 am
To bump up your big 3 (squat, bench, deadlifts) I would suggest running a program like 5/3/1 or 5x5. A lot of people have had a lot of success with 5/3/1, including myself. Keep training hard and you will get the results you want.

zubda345
01-21-11, 10:43 am
I don't know anything about 5x5 nor 5/3/1 I know about full body sections, Pull/Push, and the normal workout (Training different bodyparts) which suits me the best in these three (Full body, Pull/Push, Training different bodyparts). Can anyone explain 5x5 and 5/3/1. And more and more help and suggestions will be also helpful.

P.S here are my progress pics from march 2010 to jan 2011 http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/zubda345/Photos/Progress-Pics

conjugalburns
01-21-11, 10:48 am
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_to_build_pure_strength

Aggression
01-21-11, 11:54 am
I know everybody is different but It's been almost 2.5 years since I've been to gym first 6 months I was not serious at all not with my diet no with my training but after that I got serious just to get fat off myself. In 6 months time I got a little better without caring about my diet. After that It's been a little time since I got in my good shape (not that good) and am lifting and dieting as hard as I can since the mid of 2010

Now The question is that I see people who have been lifting for only a year and they can pound on heavy benches heavy deads and other heavy movements, I also know that it's not the weight on the bar that matters it's ur body, if it's getting something it's good. But I also want to do heavy benches heavy deads and heavy Squats... Why can't I???

(I started doing legs only 6-8 months ago.)

I squat for 159lbs for (mostly) 10 reps
Bench is 132-140 for 10 reps
My max dead is 265lbs and I started dead lifting 6 months ago.

I started training in 2008.

Some people just react to weight training differently than others, like you said. Genetics play a role, but its not the be-all-end-all outcome. Some of the best athletes in the world, when it comes to having muscle mass, are not of the 'genetically blessed'. Two guys that come to mind are Dorian Yates and Branch Warren. Neither were pegged as having superior genetics. What got them to where they are today is pure animalistic training. Balls to the wall, heavy and hard. By looking at your pics, its clear that you just need to add more muscle, bro. Adding more muscle will enable you to increase strength. Increasing strength will allow you to add more muscle. They help each other out.

If you're set on trying to get your weights up on the big 3, then you'll have to focus on the big 3. Put those exercises at the beginning of the workouts and go a bit lower in the reps. Look for somewhere between 5-8 reps and hit that weight hard.

Lastly, EAT. Plain and simple. Eating more calories (quality protein and complex carbs) will enable you to add more muscle mass. You need to extra fuel to support the extra weight on the bar, which will translate to extra muscle on your frame.

C.Coronato
01-21-11, 2:01 pm
It definitely takes time Zubda. You have come a long way since when you started. Don't get discouraged my man, just keep doing what you are doing my man. Eat and grow, keep training, you are doing well.

prowrestler
01-21-11, 5:13 pm
in short, you are not lifting heavy because of 3 reasons

1, your diet sucks
2, your training sucks
3, you are weak.

thats all it boils down to. what id reccomend is taking those 3 possiblities and adress them. make a plan for each 1 and for gods sake stick with it.

Carrnage
01-21-11, 5:16 pm
Great tips above ^^^^^^ a 5/3/1 program works like a charm

but here, follow these steps, and itl make you a beast, guranteed (yes i mean it, guranteed)

1) dont touch a machine or cable station

2) dont do any isolation movements, things like cable flys, leg extensions are only usefull when 1-2 weeks out from a show when you need to deplete glycogen out of your muscles

3) stick to free weight presses, deads, rows, squats ONLY

4) use strict form, slow negative, explosive but controlled positive

5) eat atleast 1-1.5 gram of protein per lean body mass everyday, dont get to complicated with 2 grams of bw a day, most of that will just go to waste, i mean if you eat 2 grams of protein per bw a day, you would look like a different person within a month! (think about that)

6)use white rice, white potatoes for your carbs, they digest faster thus allowing better absorption of protein / other nutrients

7) supplement with vitamins B's, zinc, magnesieum, and a good bcaa product

8) for your protein sources, stick to the most anabolic sources......red meat...eggs....milk....if you have fish or chicken your fine, but id stick to red meat and dairy, eating too much fish and chicken is pointless, they contain hardly any "quality" sources of aminos

9) dont get caught up in numbers, leave ego at the door, once you are training right with flawless form, eating right, sleeping right, you will make progress

10) dont stress!

prowrestler
01-21-11, 5:31 pm
good advise ^

Cellardweller
01-21-11, 6:20 pm
Have a plan and stick to it. Before you know it you'll be moving up a shirt size. It's an exercise in patience as well.

zubda345
01-22-11, 12:14 am
Some people just react to weight training differently than others, like you said. Genetics play a role, but its not the be-all-end-all outcome. Some of the best athletes in the world, when it comes to having muscle mass, are not of the 'genetically blessed'. Two guys that come to mind are Dorian Yates and Branch Warren. Neither were pegged as having superior genetics. What got them to where they are today is pure animalistic training. Balls to the wall, heavy and hard. By looking at your pics, its clear that you just need to add more muscle, bro. Adding more muscle will enable you to increase strength. Increasing strength will allow you to add more muscle. They help each other out.

If you're set on trying to get your weights up on the big 3, then you'll have to focus on the big 3. Put those exercises at the beginning of the workouts and go a bit lower in the reps. Look for somewhere between 5-8 reps and hit that weight hard.

Lastly, EAT. Plain and simple. Eating more calories (quality protein and complex carbs) will enable you to add more muscle mass. You need to extra fuel to support the extra weight on the bar, which will translate to extra muscle on your frame.

It definitely takes time Zubda. You have come a long way since when you started. Don't get discouraged my man, just keep doing what you are doing my man. Eat and grow, keep training, you are doing well.

Both of these replies relate to each other... One tells me I need to add more muscle to my self and that is what I want to do, The other gives me the courage and back me up and my progress. I ain't only focused on Big 3 I want size regardless how much I am lifting It's just that I also want to b able to lift heavy weights... But if it's the muscle that gets u to lift heavy weights than I am gonna focus on getting muscle and will leave ego at the doorstep....

Sphinx
01-22-11, 12:19 am
Both of these replies relate to each other... One tells me I need to add more muscle to my self and that is what I want to do, The other gives me the courage and back me up and my progress. I ain't only focused on Big 3 I want size regardless how much I am lifting It's just that I also want to b able to lift heavy weights... But if it's the muscle that gets u to lift heavy weights than I am gonna focus on getting muscle and will leave ego at the doorstep....

Eat my friend, EAT! The next biggest obstacle in weightlifting (asides from yourself) is time. You need to be patient, stay focused, and keep eating. You've got some sound advice here already, don't give up.

zubda345
01-22-11, 12:26 am
in short, you are not lifting heavy because of 3 reasons

1, your diet sucks
2, your training sucks
3, you are weak.

thats all it boils down to. what id reccomend is taking those 3 possiblities and adress them. make a plan for each 1 and for gods sake stick with it.

Prolly my diet sucked and still sucks sometimes cause I don't have any money of my own to buy me what I should eat, I relay on my parents... But I still try the best I can...

Great tips above ^^^^^^ a 5/3/1 program works like a charm

but here, follow these steps, and itl make you a beast, guranteed (yes i mean it, guranteed)

1) dont touch a machine or cable station

2) dont do any isolation movements, things like cable flys, leg extensions are only usefull when 1-2 weeks out from a show when you need to deplete glycogen out of your muscles

3) stick to free weight presses, deads, rows, squats ONLY

4) use strict form, slow negative, explosive but controlled positive

5) eat atleast 1-1.5 gram of protein per lean body mass everyday, dont get to complicated with 2 grams of bw a day, most of that will just go to waste, i mean if you eat 2 grams of protein per bw a day, you would look like a different person within a month! (think about that)

6)use white rice, white potatoes for your carbs, they digest faster thus allowing better absorption of protein / other nutrients

7) supplement with vitamins B's, zinc, magnesieum, and a good bcaa product

8) for your protein sources, stick to the most anabolic sources......red meat...eggs....milk....if you have fish or chicken your fine, but id stick to red meat and dairy, eating too much fish and chicken is pointless, they contain hardly any "quality" sources of aminos

9) dont get caught up in numbers, leave ego at the door, once you are training right with flawless form, eating right, sleeping right, you will make progress

10) dont stress!

OK, Will be on this from my next workout, I guess I have to alter some of my training sections and double check them for good movements. No. 8 gonna help me ease off my diet about 50%. And yes from now on I will not get caught in the numbers as i said earlier...

Have a plan and stick to it. Before you know it you'll be moving up a shirt size. It's an exercise in patience as well.

Yes I have a plan, sticked to it. We'll see what happens...

zubda345
01-22-11, 12:33 am
Eat my friend, EAT! The next biggest obstacle in weightlifting (asides from yourself) is time. You need to be patient, stay focused, and keep eating. You've got some sound advice here already, don't give up.

Yes Brother, Had some issues regarding died as well. Got some sound advices and am gonna give it my best.

BB taught me alot about how to be patient. I won't ever give up...

Carrnage
01-22-11, 7:28 pm
Oh and If you want to see fast progres, stop stressing, that will KILL your progress, find something else to do in life rather than bodybuilding, cant find anything? You arnt looking hard enough.

Dont live life as a bodybuilder worrying about getting stronger or bigger, life life to have fun! And "magically" youl get the results you dream of.

zubda345
01-22-11, 11:26 pm
Oh and If you want to see fast progres, stop stressing, that will KILL your progress, find something else to do in life rather than bodybuilding, cant find anything? You arnt looking hard enough.

Dont live life as a bodybuilder worrying about getting stronger or bigger, life life to have fun! And "magically" youl get the results you dream of.

This is what I lack... I am always stressed about things including Bodybuilding...

prowrestler
01-23-11, 1:13 am
This is what I lack... I am always stressed about things including Bodybuilding...

find a good girl. best advise i can give you

zubda345
01-23-11, 5:16 am

I never had a girlfriend in my life..... I want to but I never had one. I'll do all I can...

Carrnage
01-23-11, 5:59 pm

best advice!

shizz702
01-23-11, 9:01 pm
You know what's funny is prowrestler and I have been steady getting bigger and stronger doing bosshogg, and it was the same routine we both recommended to you, and you were supposedly going to do it, or maybe you did and already decided to "change it up."

Dude, you are just spinning wheels here. If you would have just stuck with that I promise you your numbers would have already been way higher than what you posted here. A routine like that coupled with a good diet will put a good 30 lbs on your squat within a month. Look at my log, look at pro's log. You want to get bigger and stronger, well there you go.

Keep doing like you are doing and you are going to be asking these same questions a year from now, if you don't give up due to lack of results that is.

But buckle down, quit questioning, and start busting your ass on your squats, pulls, and presses, and eat like a man and you can be 30-50 lbs heavier and put 50-100 lbs on your lifts. The choice is yours.

Read this: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34394-You-done-screwing-around-yet&highlight=

zubda345
01-24-11, 12:57 pm
No doubt it was a great routine... I want to do it again, but after every training day I want to go to gym again next day and workout I can go "on" that "off" day do cardio or abs also sometimes.
I did it for 2 weeks only. I was really tired in the end of the workouts that's true but there's another problem. I didn't had and don't have enough money or any type of support or scholarship to afford a six time or 5 time healthy meals everyday, I do not earn on my own, That was the problem with me all the time... I didn't fell any type of change in my body... I wanted to talk to u about it all the time, but whenever I sent u a msg on FB U'll go offline or u won't reply my messages I was sooo pissed off due to this and quited it.... I can still talk about it IF U HAVE THE TIME TO HELP ME!

No hard feelings...

shizz702
01-24-11, 6:08 pm
No doubt it was a great routine... I want to do it again, but after every training day I want to go to gym again next day and workout I can go "on" that "off" day do cardio or abs also sometimes.
I did it for 2 weeks only. I was really tired in the end of the workouts that's true but there's another problem. I didn't had and don't have enough money or any type of support or scholarship to afford a six time or 5 time healthy meals everyday, I do not earn on my own, That was the problem with me all the time... I didn't fell any type of change in my body... I wanted to talk to u about it all the time, but whenever I sent u a msg on FB U'll go offline or u won't reply my messages I was sooo pissed off due to this and quited it.... I can still talk about it IF U HAVE THE TIME TO HELP ME!

No hard feelings...

Everything you need to know is laid out in the article I posted.

I hear you on the money issues but you know just as well as I do that if you don't eat you won't grow, but you're just gonna have to find a way to figure it out and make it happen.

You're asking to be spoon fed answers here when it's all laid out right in front of you. Do this routine (or any proven one that focuses on progressive resistance) and eat. It is that simple. If you keep questioning, and "changing it up" you are just going to stay stuck in the same rut.

prowrestler
01-24-11, 10:46 pm

I hear you on the money issues but you know just as well as I do that if you don't eat you won't grow, but you're just gonna have to find a way to figure it out and make it happen.

You're asking to be spoon fed answers here when it's all laid out right in front of you. Do this routine (or any proven one that focuses on progressive resistance) and eat. It is that simple. If you keep questioning, and "changing it up" you are just going to stay stuck in the same rut.

and that is the truth.

prowrestler
01-24-11, 10:47 pm
im going to give you some life advice now. do this and you will be much more happy then you are now.

1, get a girlfriend
2, do bosshog
3, get a job

Carrnage
01-24-11, 11:26 pm
im going to give you some life advice now. do this and you will be much more happy then you are now.

1, get a girlfriend
2, do bosshog
3, get a job

#1 is a win and a must
#2 will change your life and make you into a animal, a beast, a "woa, look at that guy!"
#3 will allow you to comeplete #'s 1 and 2

zubda345
01-25-11, 12:55 am

Yesterday I did back along with biceps... That makes it a "Pull day". Today I have legs or there's also a chance of gym being closed today cause of a national holiday... If the gym's close today I'll have a day's rest and can do a "Push day" tomorrow, and if I do that like BossHogg's manner it'll be the bosshogg's routine... Now All night long there were many things bothering me. One of the main was my workout... I've decided to go with BossHogg's routine again and give it all I have this time... <Sighs...>. I am so tensed still now...

1, get a girlfriend
2, do bosshog
3, get a job

#1 is a win and a must
#2 will change your life and make you into a animal, a beast, a "woa, look at that guy!"
#3 will allow you to comeplete #'s 1 and 2

Yes I guess so... This trio is a must.....

Back To Basics
01-25-11, 1:35 am

1, get a girlfriend
2, do bosshog
3, get a job

I just checked out bosshog because I was curious about what it was, and to my surprise it's similar to what I've already been doing ... I see it's a tonne of compound movements which is a must in my opinion, deads squats presses and rows. I've been training to failure on every set apart from warm ups and I can tell you my body gets a thrashing, you need to eat well and sleep like a bear to reap the full benefits. I made my split on how I felt using trial and error, experimentation and listening to my body. Right now it's been working like a charm, zubda the best advice I can give you is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, give it what IT NEEDS not what YOU WANT. Sometimes that may mean eating the extra bowl of oatmeal and sometimes it may mean taking the days off. Focus your workout on the BENCH PRESS, MILITARY, SQUAT, DEADLIFT. I do like 6-8 sets of squats on leg day, all to FAILURE. Never hold back on anything my friend, NEVER. Be smart about your workout and if you feel your about to fall into over training you need to pull back, train smart, train hard.. I see there is A TONNE of info here and it's all in front of you, I don't know how much more people get help you. You say you want to train everyday, how the fuck can you train everyday if your giving it 100% and your nutrition is poor, if you WANT TO GET BIGGER take the rest and sleep A LOT. And maybe your expecting too much from your self, rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time man, hours of busting balls and hours at the dinner table combined with DAYS in bed. Just so you know unless you get a solid diet plan when you have a job you will always have trouble growing.

Peace, I hope you stop over complicating things for your sake zubda.

Carrnage
01-25-11, 1:57 am
I just checked out bosshog because I was curious about what it was, and to my surprise it's similar to what I've already been doing ... I see it's a tonne of compound movements which is a must in my opinion, deads squats presses and rows. I've been training to failure on every set apart from warm ups and I can tell you my body gets a thrashing, you need to eat well and sleep like a bear to reap the full benefits. I made my split on how I felt using trial and error, experimentation and listening to my body. Right now it's been working like a charm, zubda the best advice I can give you is LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, give it what IT NEEDS not what YOU WANT. Sometimes that may mean eating the extra bowl of oatmeal and sometimes it may mean taking the days off. Focus your workout on the BENCH PRESS, MILITARY, SQUAT, DEADLIFT. I do like 6-8 sets of squats on leg day, all to FAILURE. Never hold back on anything my friend, NEVER. Be smart about your workout and if you feel your about to fall into over training you need to pull back, train smart, train hard.. I see there is A TONNE of info here and it's all in front of you, I don't know how much more people get help you. You say you want to train everyday, how the fuck can you train everyday if your giving it 100% and your nutrition is poor, if you WANT TO GET BIGGER take the rest and sleep A LOT. And maybe your expecting too much from your self, rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time man, hours of busting balls and hours at the dinner table combined with DAYS in bed. Just so you know unless you get a solid diet plan when you have a job you will always have trouble growing.

did i just read that right? you can 6-8 sets to failure on squats? what is your definition of "failure"? After my set of 600 plus to failure i have absolutely nothing left in me, and if i did, that means i didnt go to failure and i half assesd my set.

Back To Basics
01-25-11, 2:38 am
Can not get another rep in, that my definition. I drop the weight after a couple of sets than bang out more sets with the lower weight to failure.

zubda345
01-25-11, 7:36 am

I don't know what my body wants but I am getting somewhere... If I do every part on a single day like arms on one day legs one one chest on one so on and on... I don't feel pumped. If I combine different parts it works for me. I hit a pleatue so I changed my routine to the wrath's routine to check it how it goes. It didn't worked for me so quited it... came on the same routine I was before, nothing changed, Then after some time I came to the bosshogg's routine in only 4 push cycles I got my squats up from 60kg to 70kg. I really felt good, my pull downs also increased. But Bench was not increasing went on with BH, deads weren't increasing too so I came to know that there is a Problem with my diet. I thought If I don't eat right enough as explained in the article by bosshogg I can't grow (that's obvious I need food to grow regardless of any routine)... I am still on a pleatue but the routine I am on has helped me grow my numbers and some of my bicep muscle which I want to grow. Somehow now I am eating good food as compared to my previous plan... In the BH's routine there is no direct bicep movement which I think is not good for me after the workout (of BH) I feel that there is no good pump in my biceps, and that also makes me worried. Now after soo many confusions in my mind I have thought that my body gives good results with BH's routine as compared to other routines... So Now today I am taking an off day with a good cheat meal I think only low intensity cardio if I like nothing more. And tomorrow I will do a Push day of bosshogg along with morning cardio....

Hope it works now....

prowrestler
01-25-11, 11:29 am
you have to options.

go find the original bosshog routine and do it exactly how it says. change 1 fucking thing and its ruined. once change happens with no reason, more change will come.

other option is do my version

day 1 push, db bench, seated military press, close grip press
day 2 lower/ pull. squat, deads or gms, elbows out row to neck, seated row, barbell curl

alternate. do each workout twice a week.

monday wednesday friday sunday is good.

ghost
01-25-11, 12:01 pm

No hard feelings...
a few things in regards to this post...... while many members on here are MORE than willing to help you, and having been posting in this thread, you cannot expect people to be at your beckon call 24/7. The other members have lives, i assume ;). outside of this board and facebook,.
Workouts ARE going to be hard. if they arent. then you arent training hard enough. YOUR DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR TRAINING. i will say this again. YOUR DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR TRAINING. if you are not eating enough, or properly, then you WILL NOT see the results you want. if you want it bad enough , you will make it work. GET A JOB, start buying foods in bulk to save money.

Truth right here. Shizz is the fucking MAN. We can give you all the information in the world, the problem is, we are not there to FORCE you to do this shit. Get your shit squared away and your head outta your ass and move the fucking weights. I am not going to hold your hand, nor will any member of this board. but we will stand by your side driving you beyond your current max. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

smoothballer
01-25-11, 12:27 pm
Zubda, I want you to read this article written by the great Sam Byrd: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=403&section=diet

shizz702
01-25-11, 10:27 pm
Truth right here. Shizz is the fucking MAN. We can give you all the information in the world, the problem is, we are not there to FORCE you to do this shit. Get your shit squared away and your head outta your ass and move the fucking weights. I am not going to hold your hand, nor will any member of this board. but we will stand by your side driving you beyond your current max. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Right on bro, and well said. We are here to help one another but it boils down to the individual doing the work on their own and there comes a time and place where there is just no more information left to share or anymore support to give. We've told you all you need to know, now it is up to you to apply the information.

You got to stop questioning and analyzing things and just simply start doing. I've been where you are, and I consider the last 2 years of my lifting to be trial and error, and generally mediocre in terms of progress. I routine hopped, read everything I could get my hands on, and just overloaded myself with information. All along I knew deep down that pounding the protein and pushing the big lifts to the limit was what I really needed to do.

Finally I realized enough was enough and for the last 4 months I've just been busting my ass on Bosshogg and going to war with my logbook, and pounding 5-6 meals a day. And you know what? I've been growing like a weed and making strength gains that I would have previously thought imossible.

So zubda, you can learn from others mistakes like mine, and the ones you are currently making and get your shit together and starting making the gains you want, or you can keep spinning wheels like I said and stay the same or make shit progress compared to the real potential you have. The choice is yours.

Can't afford the food? Fuck that, check out the bulk on a budget threads. Like rage said, the more problems you have to overcome the better your story, so figure it out and make it happen.

ghost
01-25-11, 10:58 pm
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=290

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=209

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=298

zubda345
01-26-11, 5:00 am
a few things in regards to this post...... while many members on here are MORE than willing to help you, and having been posting in this thread, you cannot expect people to be at your beckon call 24/7. The other members have lives, i assume ;). outside of this board and facebook,.
Workouts ARE going to be hard. if they arent. then you arent training hard enough. YOUR DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR TRAINING. i will say this again. YOUR DIET IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR TRAINING. if you are not eating enough, or properly, then you WILL NOT see the results you want. if you want it bad enough , you will make it work. GET A JOB, start buying foods in bulk to save money.

Zubda, I want you to read this article written by the great Sam Byrd: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=403&section=diet

Right on bro, and well said. We are here to help one another but it boils down to the individual doing the work on their own and there comes a time and place where there is just no more information left to share or anymore support to give. We've told you all you need to know, now it is up to you to apply the information.

You got to stop questioning and analyzing things and just simply start doing. I've been where you are, and I consider the last 2 years of my lifting to be trial and error, and generally mediocre in terms of progress. I routine hopped, read everything I could get my hands on, and just overloaded myself with information. All along I knew deep down that pounding the protein and pushing the big lifts to the limit was what I really needed to do.

Finally I realized enough was enough and for the last 4 months I've just been busting my ass on Bosshogg and going to war with my logbook, and pounding 5-6 meals a day. And you know what? I've been growing like a weed and making strength gains that I would have previously thought imossible.

So zubda, you can learn from others mistakes like mine, and the ones you are currently making and get your shit together and starting making the gains you want, or you can keep spinning wheels like I said and stay the same or make shit progress compared to the real potential you have. The choice is yours.

Can't afford the food? Fuck that, check out the bulk on a budget threads. Like rage said, the more problems you have to overcome the better your story, so figure it out and make it happen.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=290

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=209

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=298

you have to options.

go find the original bosshog routine and do it exactly how it says. change 1 fucking thing and its ruined. once change happens with no reason, more change will come.

other option is do my version

day 1 push, db bench, seated military press, close grip press
day 2 lower/ pull. squat, deads or gms, elbows out row to neck, seated row, barbell curl

alternate. do each workout twice a week.

monday wednesday friday sunday is good.

Thank you for all your comments and articles and information and motivation for me I can never thank you people enough for what all u do for me... I am gonna go with the bosshogg's routine as it's written down gonna change nothing. And yes it's all up to me to do so now i am gonna start it and deal with it any way I can... In 1 hour I am gonna hit the gym It'll be a Push day today..... Gonna give it all I have... No more waiting I am now learning from other's experience.....

zubda345
01-26-11, 10:24 am
I did the Push workout today.
Chest bench Press 4 sets for a total of 30 reps
Triceps Close grip smith bench 4 sets for a total of 30 reps
Military press 4 sets for a total of 30 reps
Leg press 2 sets for a total of 40 reps

And Now after the workout my Chest and Thighs are SOUR I get some pain when I run, and that is GOOOODDDD!!!

zubda345
01-26-11, 10:34 am
Meal 1: A plate of white rice with some potatoes in it along with yogurt.
Meal 2: 2 pieces of fried fish (Fried in 2 table spoons of oil)
Meal 3(Pre-workout) : A plate of fish curry with 100 grams of wheat bread
Meal 4: A glass of Orange juice followed by a plate of potato rice with yogurt and small amount of pickle in it just for taste.
Meal 5 will be fish or pulses (Split Black gram) any of those....

Carrnage
01-26-11, 7:42 pm
Meal 1: A plate of white rice with some potatoes in it along with yogurt.
Meal 2: 2 pieces of fried fish (Fried in 2 table spoons of oil)
Meal 3(Pre-workout) : A plate of fish curry with 100 grams of wheat bread
Meal 4: A glass of Orange juice followed by a plate of potato rice with yogurt and small amount of pickle in it just for taste.
Meal 5 will be fish or pulses (Split Black gram) any of those....

Stay consistant with that bro! Keep eating 5-8 meals a day, obviously your pretty low on the protein, but like you said you dont have a job yet.

Carrnage
01-26-11, 7:44 pm
I did the Push workout today.
Chest bench Press 4 sets for a total of 30 reps
Triceps Close grip smith bench 4 sets for a total of 30 reps
Military press 4 sets for a total of 30 reps
Leg press 2 sets for a total of 40 reps

And Now after the workout my Chest and Thighs are SOUR I get some pain when I run, and that is GOOOODDDD!!!

your doing the BOSSHOG right? wheres the weights? you gota beat the logbook, make sure you write down your numbers, and chest and thighs are sour? You mean sore right? I hope so lol.....you get pain when you run? Never be in pain, never admit your in pain, be an animal. And you are running? why? Trying to burn off your muscle?

haha sorry for the tough words but only the best become champions after a verbal ass whoopin

Tron
01-26-11, 9:10 pm
The pictures speak for themselves. Good results. If you want to gain strength, judging by a QUICK glance at your diet, you probably need more calories. Unfortunately, that's always the most expensive. Just do what you can. That's all we really can do...

zubda345
01-26-11, 11:19 pm
Stay consistant with that bro! Keep eating 5-8 meals a day, obviously your pretty low on the protein, but like you said you dont have a job yet.

Yes Bro I am gonna do it... Switching it up step by step....

your doing the BOSSHOG right? wheres the weights? you gota beat the logbook, make sure you write down your numbers, and chest and thighs are sour? You mean sore right? I hope so lol.....you get pain when you run? Never be in pain, never admit your in pain, be an animal. And you are running? why? Trying to burn off your muscle?

haha sorry for the tough words but only the best become champions after a verbal ass whoopin

Yes Bosshogg I will writedown the weights tomorrow after the pull workout and by sour I mean sour yes... Ok Brother no pain no pain no pain... I meant it was kindda sourness... Nop Was running cause I was late and had to get home ASAP....
YES I WILL BECOME CHAMPION!

The pictures speak for themselves. Good results. If you want to gain strength, judging by a QUICK glance at your diet, you probably need more calories. Unfortunately, that's always the most expensive. Just do what you can. That's all we really can do...

Thank you so much for the appreciation Tron it gets me more eager to go on... Yes I will do what I can about the diet n calories and proteins......

Carrnage
01-26-11, 11:21 pm
Yes Bro I am gonna do it... Switching it up step by step....

Yes Bosshogg I will writedown the weights tomorrow after the pull workout and by sour I mean sour yes... Ok Brother no pain no pain no pain... I meant it was kindda sourness... Nop Was running cause I was late and had to get home ASAP....
YES I WILL BECOME CHAMPION!

Thank you so much for the appreciation Tron it gets me more eager to go on... Yes I will do what I can about the diet n calories and proteins......

Thats the spirit! And remember once you get the opportunity to aquire better nutrition, quality beats quantity all day....what im trying to say is....pick steak and eggs over fish and chicken.

shizz702
01-26-11, 11:25 pm
what im trying to say is....pick steak and eggs over fish and chicken.

Good advice, caloric density is where it is at.

zubda345
01-26-11, 11:31 pm
Thats the spirit! And remember once you get the opportunity to aquire better nutrition, quality beats quantity all day....what im trying to say is....pick steak and eggs over fish and chicken.

Good advice, caloric density is where it is at.

OK. Can I have fried eggs also???? or only boiled and omelet??

zubda345
01-26-11, 11:36 pm
I think I should Start a log of my own journey now... What do u ppl say? How n where???

Carrnage
01-26-11, 11:51 pm
OK. Can I have fried eggs also???? or only boiled and omelet??

okay now your really overthinking things lol...just eat the damn eggs however you want them! unless your dieting for the mr olympia then you shouldnt be concerned too much haha

but yeah if you have the option, a huge ass omelet with ketchup all over the damn thing!

zubda345
01-27-11, 12:15 am
okay now your really overthinking things lol...just eat the damn eggs however you want them! Unless your dieting for the mr olympia then you shouldnt be concerned too much haha

but yeah if you have the option, a huge ass omelet with ketchup all over the damn thing!

okay!! I am down for not over thinking!! Lol

smoothballer
01-27-11, 9:12 am
I think I should Start a log of my own journey now... What do u ppl say? How n where???

You can start a thread here: http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Your-Journey

zubda345
01-27-11, 12:28 pm
thankx... will start soon

Carrnage
01-27-11, 2:22 pm
thankx... will start soon

and put the link to your journal in your signature so we can all check on your progress

zubda345
01-28-11, 6:17 am
Will do...

zubda345
01-29-11, 11:51 am
With all due respect to both great men.... Why is their belly out like a pregnant woman??

Carrnage
01-29-11, 5:13 pm
With all due respect to both great men.... Why is their belly out like a pregnant woman??

overtime your obliques and abs grow so rapidly, but thats just half of the equation, also taking in massive amounts of "chocolate candy" and "ice cream" wil push out your abdomnal wall thus having that huge belly apperance

i train dirrectly trains abs once every 3 to 4 weeks....i aint taken any chances of having that look when i get older lol!!!

shizz702
01-29-11, 8:37 pm

Try putting in decades of massive eating and force feeding like they have and see how yours looks.

Carrnage
01-29-11, 8:48 pm
Try putting in decades of massive eating and force feeding like they have and see how yours looks.

jay cutler and ronnie coleman do eat alot but they never force feed themselves, but comon bro we can tell zudda the "truth" on why pro bb'ers have extended guts

shizz702
01-29-11, 9:07 pm
jay cutler and ronnie coleman do eat alot but they never force feed themselves, but comon bro we can tell zudda the "truth" on why pro bb'ers have extended guts

That to me is obvious and common sense ;), but the heavy eating has to be a contributor as well.

Carrnage
01-29-11, 9:51 pm
That to me is obvious and common sense ;), but the heavy eating has to be a contributor as well.

Nah haha i use to think that too, as big as jay and ronnie are they dont eat as much as you think, their guts just come from heavy "hot cheeto" abuse, i gota "rephrase" it like that so i dont get banned off here haha, but then again i prolly will get banned....wehh! (im just trying to tell the truth in a respectful manner)

GUNS
01-30-11, 7:22 am
Well on the extended belly, I was a long distance runner, and in the begining of my BB career I was into doing what the old school guys said to do. Arnold was all about making the rib cage bigger to make your chest look even bigger on a side chest shot. So we did lots of exercises to make our ribcage big. But as a runner, mine was already big, this made it bigger. I have always been a big eater. I feel over time, Im 40 now, it has pushed out a little more. Even when Im super lean, my cage sticks out, and if I do a vaccuum pose, it looks crazy. If any pro's were anything like me, the added food and candy they were inhailing would just make it worse. Just my .02.

zubda345
01-30-11, 10:45 am
Nah haha i use to think that too, as big as jay and ronnie are they dont eat as much as you think, their guts just come from heavy "hot cheeto" abuse, i gota "rephrase" it like that so i dont get banned off here haha, but then again i prolly will get banned....wehh! (im just trying to tell the truth in a respectful manner)

What??? Explain this more please what is hot cheeto I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!! :P tell me tell me tell me!!!

zubda345
01-30-11, 11:21 am
Well on the extended belly, I was a long distance runner, and in the begining of my BB career I was into doing what the old school guys said to do. Arnold was all about making the rib cage bigger to make your chest look even bigger on a side chest shot. So we did lots of exercises to make our ribcage big. But as a runner, mine was already big, this made it bigger. I have always been a big eater. I feel over time, Im 40 now, it has pushed out a little more. Even when Im super lean, my cage sticks out, and if I do a vaccuum pose, it looks crazy. If any pro's were anything like me, the added food and candy they were inhailing would just make it worse. Just my .02.

U mean a bigger ribcage will also make ur gut bigger, Cage sticks out that's one thing but cage ends just touching ur obliques. I think it'll only make it look wider but how come it gets OUT??

zubda345
01-30-11, 12:23 pm
overtime your obliques and abs grow so rapidly, but thats just half of the equation, also taking in massive amounts of "chocolate candy" and "ice cream" wil push out your abdomnal wall thus having that huge belly apperance

i train dirrectly trains abs once every 3 to 4 weeks....i aint taken any chances of having that look when i get older lol!!!

What??? Chocolate candy and Ice cream to grow like grow muscles???? I thought that ain't good for me not even while bulking... U know I had a cheat meal on tuesday that makes it 27th january, I had only one Chocolate ice cream , I had an icecream or chocolate after 9-12 months and it was like I would taste it forever man that was good...and I liked it sooooo much that yesterday I called chocolate cookie a "COKLATE CHOOKIE" just imagining the taste of it... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! well that's another thing but back to the topic I thought that is not good for me not even while bulking, any info u can provide??

Nix0r
01-30-11, 12:28 pm
What??? Chocolate candy and Ice cream to grow like grow muscles???? I thought that ain't good for me not even while bulking... U know I had a cheat meal on tuesday that makes it 27th january, I had only one Chocolate ice cream , I had an icecream or chocolate after 9-12 months and it was like I would taste it forever man that was good...and I liked it sooooo much that yesterday I called chocolate cookie a "COKLATE CHOOKIE" just imagining the taste of it... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! well that's another thing but back to the topic I thought that is not good for me not even while bulking, any info u can provide??

They're talking about steriods, HGH, and all other banned substances.

smoothballer
01-30-11, 12:37 pm

They're talking about steriods, HGH, and all other banned substances.

Nix is right...

The reason Carnage is using those terms is because do not talk about any of those subjects on this forum.

This conversation on such items will end here. Thank You.

Nix0r
01-30-11, 12:56 pm
Excellent. I just don't think there's a point to lie to him about it.

I don't want him running to the store, and eating 6 pints of ice cream with the hopes he'll wake up looking like Branch Warren or some shit.

zubda345
01-30-11, 1:09 pm
Nix is right...

The reason Carnage is using those terms is because do not talk about any of those subjects on this forum.

This conversation on such items will end here. Thank You.

Yes sir, I know that rule... Thankx for reminding once again....

Excellent. I just don't think there's a point to lie to him about it.

I don't want him running to the store, and eating 6 pints of ice cream with the hopes he'll wake up looking like Branch Warren or some shit.

yeah, a 100% my thought... Some people really think this way... They eat sweets, ice creams, candies and think this will not affect their body in a -ve point.....

Carrnage
01-30-11, 2:25 pm

are you serious or you just messin with me? lol

zubda345
01-30-11, 11:10 pm
Kidding in which part?? That I had Ice cream after this huge time??

Na man, I am serious I really had that type of food after 9-12 month... and I called chocolate cookie a COKLATE CHOOKIE... HAHAHAH!!

Carrnage
01-30-11, 11:18 pm
Kidding in which part?? That I had Ice cream after this huge time??

Na man, I am serious I really had that type of food after 9-12 month... and I called chocolate cookie a COKLATE CHOOKIE... HAHAHAH!!

You know what i mean by "ice cream", chocolate cookies", and "hot cheetos" right??

zubda345
01-30-11, 11:35 pm
Yes I came to know after Nixon told that... But I don't mean that what u meant.

GUNS
01-31-11, 12:39 am
U mean a bigger ribcage will also make ur gut bigger, Cage sticks out that's one thing but cage ends just touching ur obliques. I think it'll only make it look wider but how come it gets OUT??

I was just saying that all my years of running atop of me trying to expand my rib cage has the look of a extended belly. I have a thicker core as well. Not saying it makes your gut bigger, just the illusion of such.

zubda345
01-31-11, 12:58 am
Hmmm, I see

zubda345
02-02-11, 6:59 am
Hey I note that I am gained a bit of fat on my belly due to bulking (Eating more)... But I also skipped abs and cardio sections past days due to some personal problems.... Is this normal while bulking or not??? Should I clean up my diet a bit more??? I also got on some fried food the past days.....

GUNS
02-02-11, 7:06 am
Depends on what you want. While in a growth stage, you will lose some vasularity, and deffinition. Just you have to decide the amount.

zubda345
02-02-11, 9:16 am
I see your point...If growth is directly proportional to losing deff. n visc. I want to Grow more but still don't want to lose too much of these... I don't want my belly to come out and make me look fat...

shizz702
02-02-11, 5:41 pm
You can do things the fast way or slow way.

You want to fuck around with a "lean bulk" and gain 5 lbs of mass in a year go for it, but if you want to get serious about massing and gain 30+ lbs in a year you're going to have to sacrifice your leanness for a while.

zubda345
02-03-11, 12:36 am
Ur statement kills the concept of "cutting while bulking"...

shizz702
02-03-11, 12:50 pm
Ur statement kills the concept of "cutting while bulking"...

What do you mean cutting while bulking?

You can't do both, it's one or the other. But what you can do, and what is the sensible thing to do imo, is do what you can to stay lean while continuing to go for the size you want. Just understand you ain't gonna be sporting no six pack while massing, but you can still look halfway decent if you do it right.

Carrnage
02-03-11, 3:48 pm
Hey I note that I am gained a bit of fat on my belly due to bulking (Eating more)... But I also skipped abs and cardio sections past days due to some personal problems.... Is this normal while bulking or not??? Should I clean up my diet a bit more??? I also got on some fried food the past days.....

You clearly stated yourself that you dont have the option on what to eat for your diet, or did you get a job?

zubda345
02-03-11, 10:31 pm
@ shizz, Fine, I get it.

@ Carrnage Na man didn't got a job...

xman
02-05-11, 12:59 am
Consistency. Fooooooood. And always shocking ur body is a most for growth. Wen i platoe i show my diet and change my workout. And in time my physique improves. But everyone is diff bro. Im naturally fat so strength for me is easy. But leaning out is a bitch.

BennoAus
02-05-11, 1:38 am
you want growth? you need to sacrifice the 'beach body' for it. the guys in here that are giving you tips, write them down, make mental notes, listen to them. shizz and prowrestler have given you a lot of pointers. ive read nearly everything these guys have written and whilst i have replied in threads and what not, ive made mental notes and it works. dude your 18, just eat and train hard and heavy, you will grow. oh and dont change 'routines' every 2 secs. one day you will be the 250lbs monster you want to be.

GUNS
02-05-11, 12:22 pm
I can't believe this thread is still going. Everyone is giving solid advice.

prowrestler
02-05-11, 12:35 pm

YES

GUNS
02-05-11, 1:27 pm
It's all so clear here how things get done.

shizz702
02-05-11, 7:11 pm

Yep, but there are those who just buckle down and get them done, and those that just keep questioning, wondering, changing, and over analyzing things, and get nowhere.

GUNS
02-06-11, 12:42 am
Yep, but there are those who just buckle down and get them done, and those that just keep questioning, wondering, changing, and over analyzing things, and get nowhere.

Mostly all the young guys. I would have given a nut away to get this kind of advice when I first started 22 yrs ago. And all anyone has to do is read your quote. Advice and motivation right there!

zubda345
02-06-11, 1:00 pm
Consistency. Fooooooood. And always shocking ur body is a most for growth. Wen i platoe i show my diet and change my workout. And in time my physique improves. But everyone is diff bro. Im naturally fat so strength for me is easy. But leaning out is a bitch.

Yeah, I am also naturally fat. Leaning down is also a bitch for me but muscle gain is also a bitch sometime U would know what I am talking about.... ;)

you want growth? you need to sacrifice the 'beach body' for it. the guys in here that are giving you tips, write them down, make mental notes, listen to them. shizz and prowrestler have given you a lot of pointers. ive read nearly everything these guys have written and whilst i have replied in threads and what not, ive made mental notes and it works. dude your 18, just eat and train hard and heavy, you will grow. oh and dont change 'routines' every 2 secs. one day you will be the 250lbs monster you want to be.

I guess so... I have given up my beach-body mind... And yes I am concentrating on ONLY AND ONLY eating and training Harder every time now. And I hope and believe I will be a monster I want to be one day...

YES

Thread is going Awesome.... Awesome Questions, Awesome Answers, Awesome Advices.

Mostly all the young guys. I would have given a nut away to get this kind of advice when I first started 22 yrs ago. And all anyone has to do is read your quote. Advice and motivation right there!

Now U both know I am out of those guy's circle right?? I am taking and working on all Ideas, all experiences and all advices that should be taken to grow.

Thankx all bros.... This all Info in this thread is all the info I longed for and this is the first time I have been given so crystal clear and open minded advices to act upon....

THANKX ALL FELLAS!!

zubda345
02-08-11, 8:59 am
Hey another question Can I have sweet food often now as I am on a bulk??

I was talking to Wrath over the internet and he said u can have any type of food, sweet, fried, any time u want when u r on a bulk!!

Nix0r
02-08-11, 12:01 pm
If you're having some trouble getting in enough clean calories, dirty it up a bit.

smoothballer
02-08-11, 12:36 pm
Hey another question Can I have sweet food often now as I am on a bulk??

I was talking to Wrath over the internet and he said u can have any type of food, sweet, fried, any time u want when u r on a bulk!!

Hey bro, if you get advice from an Pro like Wrath I would listen instead of immediately questioning the advice. Have you seen the man, he knows what he is talking about.

In my opinion, you need to just stick to 1 plan and see how it works for you instead of constantly switching things up. If you are eating dirty and gaining too much fat, cut it back. Simple as that.

shizz702
02-08-11, 4:25 pm
In my opinion, you need to just stick to 1 plan and see how it works for you instead of constantly switching things up.

Thumbs up to this.

And just do what you got to do to get the calories in, I eat fast food and shit on a regular basis. You want to try and take in 4-5k calories with only chicken, steak, and eggs and shit be my guest, throwing in the dirty good tasting stuff really helps get those calories in.

Cellardweller
02-08-11, 4:30 pm
Yeah, I am also naturally fat. Leaning down is also a bitch for me

This is why you should stay away from the sweets. I would try to bulk as clean as you can. If you do have sweets, just have a taste to satisfy the craving, but don't go nuts. I'm there with you bro.

zubda345
02-09-11, 5:10 am
If you're having some trouble getting in enough clean calories, dirty it up a bit.
Yeah I am mostly in trouble with acquiring clean food....

Hey bro, if you get advice from an Pro like Wrath I would listen instead of immediately questioning the advice. Have you seen the man, he knows what he is talking about.

In my opinion, you need to just stick to 1 plan and see how it works for you instead of constantly switching things up. If you are eating dirty and gaining too much fat, cut it back. Simple as that.
Yeah man, I have seen him but not in front of my eyes... He's my ideal... I just asked of opinions I am on his words... Advice is good...

Thumbs up to this.

And just do what you got to do to get the calories in, I eat fast food and shit on a regular basis. You want to try and take in 4-5k calories with only chicken, steak, and eggs and shit be my guest, throwing in the dirty good tasting stuff really helps get those calories in.

Ok man... It's good with me then..

This is why you should stay away from the sweets. I would try to bulk as clean as you can. If you do have sweets, just have a taste to satisfy the craving, but don't go nuts. I'm there with you bro.

HAHA... Yeah I know... But personally I hate sweets and sweet food I just like Ice cream... I won't go nuts and If for bulking I have to lose my beach body I have no problem if I get a bit fat...