PDA

View Full Version : 5 3 1 work out manager / progress tracker

gymEvo
01-24-11, 12:35 pm
I created a small application for windows that keeps track of your 5 3 1 work out and also displays progress charts for each of the 4 major lifts (standing shoulder press, deadlifts, bench press, and squats)...these 4 lifts can be modified to display progress on what ever lift you want but the default are set to those. If you are interested please say so here or PM me for more details...

smoothballer
01-24-11, 12:40 pm
Pretty cool man. I used an Excel sheet with formulas when I ran 5/3/1. I might hit you up when I go back to the program down the line.

gymEvo
01-24-11, 5:34 pm
Pretty cool man. I used an Excel sheet with formulas when I ran 5/3/1. I might hit you up when I go back to the program down the line.

Ya i been using the excel sheet too..but after a while i realized i kept going back and forth thru the sheet to compare my current session against last month's respective one to see how well i should atleast be performing at the current session. On this application i categorized and grouped the weekly sessions together making it easier to browse through your sessions...I will get some Screen shots up soon. Thanks for your reply bro.

drewghost
02-25-11, 2:31 pm
Would like to check it out, getting into logging and so forth anything would help out.

VR
Drew drewghost@yahoo.com

gymEvo
09-18-11, 12:27 pm
This project is back in progress and in full swing...More details to coming with possible screenshots.

gymEvo
09-21-11, 3:07 pm
i need some feedback from you guys. what kind of graphs would you guys like to see on it? like a graph to show your one rep max progress. one for the progress of your reps? one for weight? etc

Bruiser
09-21-11, 3:16 pm
Do you have a version done yet? It might help to see what you've got and then we can give you input from there.

gymEvo
09-24-11, 12:37 am
Do you have a version done yet? It might help to see what you've got and then we can give you input from there.

Im glad you asked. Infact i do. Here are two screen shots of it. Please read the description under the shots to explain it better. Anyone who views this please leave ur feedback. I plan to also add a feature that would format your log and display it to u in a txt file pop up so u'd just can simply copy and paste that into your forvm training logs ( for those who post there logs on here). Check it out here:
http://photobucket.com/prototypes

BryanSmash!
09-24-11, 10:36 am
I like the concept of this, its kind of difficult for anyone to post feedback on something they can only see screenshots of though. Do you have a demo of this for download?

Bruiser
09-24-11, 11:37 am
I like the concept of this, its kind of difficult for anyone to post feedback on something they can only see screenshots of though. Do you have a demo of this for download?

That's what I was thinking too. The screen shots just look like an excel spreadsheet. It's hard to give feedback without gettting to play around with an actual demo.

gymEvo
09-24-11, 6:57 pm

That's what I was thinking too. The screen shots just look like an excel spreadsheet. It's hard to give feedback without gettting to play around with an actual demo.

I am almost done with a basic demo...im trying to keep it as intuitive and easy to use as possible...i need to develope an entry window for people to put in there training logs...once thats done (should be very soon) i can put up a simple demo of where it's at and take in feed back for changes and different features. Thanks

BryanSmash!
09-24-11, 7:29 pm
I am almost done with a basic demo...im trying to keep it as intuitive and easy to use as possible...i need to develope an entry window for people to put in there training logs...once thats done (should be very soon) i can put up a simple demo of where it's at and take in feed back for changes and different features. Thanks

Good deal, keep us posted!

gymEvo
09-28-11, 1:02 am
alright guys the first demo is ready...everything is pretty much done on this version of 5/3/1 manager...the graph charts go by your max weight for that major lift. example. if you were doing shoulder presses as your major lift..and your cycle was 5,5,5 reps..it would take your working 3rd set weight from each log.

To add or edit your workout just right click on the listbox on the log form, and a little menu will pop up with options. I tried making this as easy and simple to use as possible.

PM me your email or post it here if you would like to try it out..thanks.

naturalguy
09-28-11, 12:42 pm
This sounds pretty cool.

It would be awesome if this was a smartphone app that way I wouldn't have to carry my numbers on paper to the gym.

Aggression
09-28-11, 12:51 pm
I'm in for this!

gymEvo
09-28-11, 4:35 pm
This sounds pretty cool.

It would be awesome if this was a smartphone app that way I wouldn't have to carry my numbers on paper to the gym.

bro i'd love to make this an iphone /android app....i dont have a MAC so i cant really create the iphone app...but andriod or windows 7 phone app i could..eventually if this pans out good and people like it.

BryanSmash!
09-28-11, 4:51 pm
Sounds good, have a link?

gymEvo
09-29-11, 3:58 pm
If anyone is interested just pm me your email and i'll gladly sent it over. thanks.

naturalguy
09-30-11, 8:37 am
bro i'd love to make this an iphone /android app....i dont have a MAC so i cant really create the iphone app...but andriod or windows 7 phone app i could..eventually if this pans out good and people like it.

Don't worry about the iphone peeps lol. Make it a Droid app and it would be sick.

gymEvo
10-14-11, 7:56 pm
any of the users have any feedbacks?

CMurray
10-17-11, 2:29 pm
I'm interested in trying this out.

pm just sent

intoodeep25
10-18-11, 2:44 am
whats the difference between an excell sheet and your file? id be up to try it if its easy to use and has some way to easily view progression. i keep a notebook during my training, and will always do so, but looking at a chart or whatever would be much easier than flipping through pages and pages of a notebook to review progression.

UpGrade
02-10-12, 3:54 am
Hi guys that windows app looks sik anyone got a link to it ?