PDA

View Full Version : You think you're traps are big? They're not.

zHazzarD
01-24-11, 2:09 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZOF7Hirc1M

Unless you happen to be him...

C.Coronato
01-24-11, 2:11 pm
The dream!

smoothballer
01-24-11, 2:14 pm
Bill Kazmaier was a monster.

zHazzarD
01-24-11, 2:21 pm
If you had a dream that you're traps were bigger than his, you better wake up and apologize.

G Diesel
01-24-11, 2:39 pm
Kaz is a god among men.

Peace, G

smoothballer
01-24-11, 2:44 pm
Kaz is a god among men.

Peace, G

Agreed. I remember meeting him at the Arnold years ago and being it total awe.

fawaz
01-24-11, 2:45 pm
what an amazing athlete

Aggression
01-24-11, 2:54 pm
The definition of beast-mode.

karthik
01-24-11, 7:45 pm
yeah Bill Kazmaier's traps are huge, but bodybuilders do want big traps like Coleman's or Ruhl's for example, but not as big as Kazmaier's because then their shoulders will look small, narrow, and not as broad/wide. Kazmaier was a great world strongest man, but i don't believe in any human being as a god, there are many strongman who have surpassed Kazmaier since then, Zydrunas Savickas's traps are way bigger than Kazmaier's.

all this talk about Kazmaier being a god amongst men, hardly, people get so emotional about how a person looks or their strength, when in fact all they did was doing what was required of their job without playing hooky and not showing up for work.

to me Donald Trump's success in the business/financial world and that he is a multi billionaire, makes him a GENETIC FREAK in the world of business and money.

Kazmaier was able to afford the competitive lifestyle, and came from farm background and supportive family. Some retired competitors that Kazmaier himself competed against, don't have huge crazy looking traps anymore, because they can't afford to eat high quality food competitively every 2-3 hrs in a day, and its not real or necessary to them anymore, because they grew up and knew, how a person looks doesn't make them survive and do business out in the REAL WORLD, and if someone tries to train hard and be HUGE when they can't afford to do so, what the fuck is the purpose?

looking HUMONGOUS and being FUNCTIONAL has to help you in the REAL WORLD not be a liability or detrimental to you. growing up means this, does having ginormous traps help you get a good paying job, take care of your family, live a healthy life without getting hurt, its all just for SHOW, if someone who is not a pro strongman who does not do photo shoots and does not get paid for having ginormous traps, what is the purpose?

BCent
01-24-11, 10:48 pm
karthik-
while i agree with you that there may not necessarily be a FUNCTION to having big traps in the business world, im not sure i totally agree with what you are saying. I cant remember where I read it, but i have heard that in interviews, people who are seen as athletic and fit are seen as harder working and therefore more desirable. If you ask me, a big set of traps is an easy way for someone interviewing you to see that you workout and if the studies are true, they will see you, even if its subconsciously, as a harder worker. So in some sense, yes... having big traps does have SOME function out there in the business world

karthik
01-24-11, 11:06 pm
karthik-
while i agree with you that there may not necessarily be a FUNCTION to having big traps in the business world, im not sure i totally agree with what you are saying. I cant remember where I read it, but i have heard that in interviews, people who are seen as athletic and fit are seen as harder working and therefore more desirable. If you ask me, a big set of traps is an easy way for someone interviewing you to see that you workout and if the studies are true, they will see you, even if its subconsciously, as a harder worker. So in some sense, yes... having big traps does have SOME function out there in the business world

i get you, having big traps definitely helps, i have big traps and it does help me at work also, I think i put a pic up, but even though i am bigger now, i would say my life experiences, my spirituality, and my mindset have grown to massive strong proportions. its just that having big traps, while being super functional at work, getting awards and promotions at work, getting good money, and being a good dad and husband raising children and also paying attention to spouse, living out there IN THE REAL WORLD, being as mentally strong as physically strong is what is real health and fitness is all about.

but someone who feels inferior to Bill Kazmaier, or feel that all other hardworking trainers and pro's who are huge in their own right is also somehow inferior to Kazmaier because their traps don't look extremely gigantic (going up to their forehead), got some serious fucking issues.

why diss your own people man?, i don't get it. I won't diss someone especially my own people, when they got their own stuff they had to deal with, and want to be the best they are in the TRUTH at their field or line of work.

Kazmaier got gigantic traps, ok, that's great, but even then its not as big as Zydrunas Savickas's and he doesn't make as much money as the owner of Met-rx or is as financially successful as him, i'm saying why nitpick and pinpoint other people to the smallest centimeter, you don't think that causes a lot of unnecessary stress and bullshit in life, always comparing yourself to the next person out there, will cause you to go crazy and mad. look at what you got as a whole and build on it.

Diesel Rocket
01-25-11, 9:48 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrrqhdgWbgY

Nix0r
01-25-11, 9:53 am

The power of synthol.

zHazzarD
01-25-11, 12:44 pm
I don't know why business got involved in this thread haha, all I know is that Kaz is, like G said, a god among men, I would really enjoy seeing a pic of Z's traps proving they are bigger than Kaz's lol

G Diesel
01-25-11, 12:53 pm
yeah Bill Kazmaier's traps are huge, but bodybuilders do want big traps like Coleman's or Ruhl's for example, but not as big as Kazmaier's because then their shoulders will look small, narrow, and not as broad/wide. Kazmaier was a great world strongest man, but i don't believe in any human being as a god, there are many strongman who have surpassed Kazmaier since then, Zydrunas Savickas's traps are way bigger than Kazmaier's.

all this talk about Kazmaier being a god amongst men, hardly, people get so emotional about how a person looks or their strength, when in fact all they did was doing what was required of their job without playing hooky and not showing up for work.

to me Donald Trump's success in the business/financial world and that he is a multi billionaire, makes him a GENETIC FREAK in the world of business and money.

Kazmaier was able to afford the competitive lifestyle, and came from farm background and supportive family. Some retired competitors that Kazmaier himself competed against, don't have huge crazy looking traps anymore, because they can't afford to eat high quality food competitively every 2-3 hrs in a day, and its not real or necessary to them anymore, because they grew up and knew, how a person looks doesn't make them survive and do business out in the REAL WORLD, and if someone tries to train hard and be HUGE when they can't afford to do so, what the fuck is the purpose?

looking HUMONGOUS and being FUNCTIONAL has to help you in the REAL WORLD not be a liability or detrimental to you. growing up means this, does having ginormous traps help you get a good paying job, take care of your family, live a healthy life without getting hurt, its all just for SHOW, if someone who is not a pro strongman who does not do photo shoots and does not get paid for having ginormous traps, what is the purpose?

What man? Haha. This is a bbing forum and we're talking about a great strongman obviously in hyperbolic terms. Is this really about something as trite as traps? There seems to be so much more you want to say. Don't be so literal or so quick to choose someone like Trump (born rich) as a role model, either. Perhaps athletes or businessmen are shitty role models to begin with and we should start to pattern ourselves after those who give back, serve and contribute to making the world a better place. Perhaps we should put more into ourselves and our lives and goals than into any hero worship. But then again if inspiration can be drawn from the feats or accomplishments of another and channeled into making ourselves better, why wouldn't or shouldn't we seek it whenever and where ever possible?

Peace, G

Diesel Rocket
01-26-11, 11:10 am
The power of synthol.

THE END IS THE BEST PART LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVKjXuYzBjo&feature=related

Jay
01-26-11, 1:22 pm
Those are the ideal traps right there.... Never knew they had wrestling as a strong man event.

kc campbell
01-26-11, 2:32 pm

For real dude?

Aggression
01-26-11, 2:40 pm

The power of synthol.

I don't know why, but I fucking love this guy ^. He's hilarious. I 'LOL' everytime I see his videos.

calmdownbro

GUNS
01-30-11, 7:57 am
What man? Haha. This is a bbing forum and we're talking about a great strongman obviously in hyperbolic terms. Is this really about something as trite as traps? There seems to be so much more you want to say. Don't be so literal or so quick to choose someone like Trump (born rich) as a role model, either. Perhaps athletes or businessmen are shitty role models to begin with and we should start to pattern ourselves after those who give back, serve and contribute to making the world a better place. Perhaps we should put more into ourselves and our lives and goals than into any hero worship. But then again if inspiration can be drawn from the feats or accomplishments of another and channeled into making ourselves better, why wouldn't or shouldn't we seek it whenever and where ever possible?

Peace, G

Good way to put it G. I personally don't see anything wrong with looking up to someone. I don't like the term worship. I don't worship anything. But I do look to people for helping me see that I can do better at whatever it is. I mean if there isn't some one, or some thing to look toward, why are we here. If it wasn't for Eugene Sandow, Reg Park, Oliva, Arnold, the list goes on, why would anyone be doing what we're doing. Sure we all want to better ourselves, personally my #1, but we would not have someone to look for to see what potential we have. This is the same for running a mile faster than the last guy, eating a 4 pound hamburger in 10 minutes or less, whatever we're doing.

Topher
01-30-11, 9:37 am

For some reason I got the feeling that his traps are his lagging bodypart........lol

Machine
01-30-11, 2:15 pm
Kaz is one of most inspiring cats on the planet and is always a pleasure to talk with.

MACHINE

prowrestler
01-30-11, 2:36 pm

you have insecurities or isses that are un resolved in life. you are on a muscle worship website and post crap like this? go cry else where.

real men look like men, thats the purpose. we are ment to be powerful, strong and attractive to women and able to support a family in the "real world"

a pencil neck geek can not do any of that, take your bitching else where cause ill be honest with you, no one on a bodybuilding forum cares for this crap. thanks.

zHazzarD
01-30-11, 5:37 pm
i get you, having big traps definitely helps, i have big traps and it does help me at work also, I think i put a pic up, but even though i am bigger now, i would say my life experiences, my spirituality, and my mindset have grown to massive strong proportions. its just that having big traps, while being super functional at work, getting awards and promotions at work, getting good money, and being a good dad and husband raising children and also paying attention to spouse, living out there IN THE REAL WORLD, being as mentally strong as physically strong is what is real health and fitness is all about.

but someone who feels inferior to Bill Kazmaier, or feel that all other hardworking trainers and pro's who are huge in their own right is also somehow inferior to Kazmaier because their traps don't look extremely gigantic (going up to their forehead), got some serious fucking issues.

why diss your own people man?, i don't get it. I won't diss someone especially my own people, when they got their own stuff they had to deal with, and want to be the best they are in the TRUTH at their field or line of work.

Kazmaier got gigantic traps, ok, that's great, but even then its not as big as Zydrunas Savickas's and he doesn't make as much money as the owner of Met-rx or is as financially successful as him, i'm saying why nitpick and pinpoint other people to the smallest centimeter, you don't think that causes a lot of unnecessary stress and bullshit in life, always comparing yourself to the next person out there, will cause you to go crazy and mad. look at what you got as a whole and build on it.

you're outta control, somebody needs to put you on a leesh lol

Machine
01-30-11, 7:29 pm
Now, now boyz...lets not get sidetracked...

I love Kaz's traps and I also know that he is pretty financially solvent as well...but why are we talking about arbitrary shit like that my brothers?

I agree with my brother who says that this is a physical training culture forum...and you will find these kinds of callouts on here all the time...please dont take them personally.

MACHINE

Diesel Rocket
01-31-11, 9:17 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7guQMoyI4

PORTERHOUSE
01-31-11, 9:43 am

Well, I guess we know someone who loves arms day... and I always though popeye was just a cartoon.

It would be interesting to see what this guy looked like if he brought the rest of his physique up... he looks just a little imbalanced...

those are probably the biggest arms I've ever seen though.

PORTERHOUSE
01-31-11, 9:50 am
Well, I guess we know someone who loves arms day... and I always though popeye was just a cartoon.

It would be interesting to see what this guy looked like if he brought the rest of his physique up... he looks just a little imbalanced...

I take it back, I was just reading about synthol and all its effects, apparently there are a lot of guys out there that use that shit, and it causes disproportions... i dunno. Looks silly.

Topher
01-31-11, 6:32 pm

He is missing two forearms????What the hell....

Diesel Rocket
02-01-11, 8:51 am
I take it back, I was just reading about synthol and all its effects, apparently there are a lot of guys out there that use that shit, and it causes disproportions... i dunno. Looks silly.

ANOTHER REASON TO NOT USE IT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVUoxIBOYzA

PORTERHOUSE
02-01-11, 8:04 pm
ANOTHER REASON TO NOT USE IT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVUoxIBOYzA

damn... i couldn't even watch that whole thing man. So whats the deal with this shit, you inject it and it makes your arms swell up then you go to the doctor and have them drain it out? The results look terrible to begin with, I just don't get it... some people are willing to do anything to get results, except work for it.

karthik
02-01-11, 8:32 pm
i will say that 3rd person communication is very misleading and no truth in it at all, forget the discussions if i see you guys in person, i would train with you all in a good training compound and we'll have a steak and potato after that, that makes more sense right, its not easy to convey messages online, i apologize if i came off as rude, because i had the exact same conversation with my competitor friends after we trained and they got the message right away, amazing the difference between actually speaking to someone as opposed to online talk.

karthik
02-01-11, 8:36 pm
you're outta control, somebody needs to put you on a leesh lol

last i heard this ain't T-nation, put me on a leash, lol, sure after you beat me in a fight marquis of queensbury rules, for 15 rounds, and proceeds go to charity, don't turn this into a flame war or a trash talking internet website, i am causing no trouble here, just making a saying, and it obviously didn't come out right, because when i say it in person no one gets offended, i am no hater and i love and respect the iron and all the warriors that train in the truth, Kazmaier was a great athlete and so was Jon Pall Sigmarrson, and now Zydrunas.

Birdman
02-01-11, 8:47 pm
25 inch biceps...13 inch forearms. Pretty legit measurements if you ask me hahaha.