PDA

View Full Version : deadlift pr

strivin for more
01-25-11, 4:15 pm
hey guys, its been awhile since ive posted here, but ive been running jim wendler's 5/3/1 for my powerlifting career with great success for a while now. i just pulled an all time PR for me. a 480x6 deadlift at 208ish pounds. i just had to tell you guys. everyones motivated me here so much and i wouldnt be near i am at without guidance. what do ya guys think?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=180774411953943

it was posted by the guys home gym i go to, and i also added it to facebook to get some of you brothers to add me, id love to pick some of your guys' brains and see what you got to add. my name is rob klump and i think im tagged. thanks.

BryanSmash!
01-25-11, 6:22 pm
Congrats on the PR!
While bouncing reps do have their place in training, if you let the weight come to a complete stop between reps you'll develop much more power.

J A Y
01-25-11, 6:26 pm
i wondered where the hell you had gone, i was hoping you hadnt stopped lifting

good shit rob. looks like you have been putting in some work, damn freaky deadlifting

strivin for more
01-25-11, 7:03 pm
Congrats on the PR!
While bouncing reps do have their place in training, if you let the weight come to a complete stop between reps you'll develop much more power.

thats true. i just feel the touch and go (or bounce) has worked out better for me letting me get more reps. but i agree strict form is probably the way to go.

i wondered where the hell you had gone, i was hoping you hadnt stopped lifting

good shit rob. looks like you have been putting in some work, damn freaky deadlifting

ya jay of course. haha. i just have been writing it down instead of posting... i kinda like the journal thing more.

AKN
01-25-11, 7:36 pm
That's sick man nice pulling esp at 208 awesome progress. You always had a good deadlift. This is Mizz btw if you remember me lol

T o m m Y
01-25-11, 7:44 pm
strong pulling dude!

you going to be logging your training again?

GUNJAK
01-25-11, 8:04 pm
Congrats on the PR. Strong pulls. I sent you a friend request on fb also.

strivin for more
01-25-11, 10:05 pm
That's sick man nice pulling esp at 208 awesome progress. You always had a good deadlift. This is Mizz btw if you remember me lol

haha for sure man, i definitely do.

strong pulling dude!

you going to be logging your training again?

i have no idea. i suppose it isnt too much effort to do so:P haha. im officially back on board.

Congrats on the PR. Strong pulls. I sent you a friend request on fb also.
thanks man, ill be on in a sec!

greek91
01-27-11, 12:08 am
seriously dude seeing that type of thing motivates me like no other. Especially since I'm also running 5/3/1 and the deadlift is my main focus at the moment. Much respect

J Wong
01-27-11, 10:32 pm
Nice pulling. As somebody else brought up, I think you may get more benefit from letting your deadlifts come to a dead stop each rep. Besides developing the power, I think your form will be way more consistent by doing this, as touch and going deadlift reps will bring you out of groove often. Also, you only get one deadlift at a meet, and that needs to be perfect, so I believe each rep should be done like it's a single.

This is all assuming you're still a strength athlete of course. If not, keep doing what you're doing.

ronnie
01-27-11, 10:40 pm
awesome pulling bro! keep doing things the way you are, clearly it works great. NO REASON TO CHANGE. yet.

Seath308
01-27-11, 10:57 pm
Hell yeah my man! Keep it up!

Machine
01-29-11, 8:00 pm
Out - fucking - standing

machine