PDA

View Full Version : Intestinal Toxemia

blaine
01-26-11, 9:06 pm
From what I understand, intestinal toxemia is something that will hinder growth. I am more curious about this topic than concerned because I am still seeing results. So basically its sludge that builds up in your intestinal track decreasing absorbtion. I have read many articles saying that whey causes this. I have also read many articles that are just sales based and I believe to be hyping intestinal toxemia to sell products. I am wondering what you guys think of this. Also your thoughts on Hemp protein. Hemp protein has the a lot of good things complied in one source. I came across all of these things doing some research on keto diets because I am going to start my cut soon and I thinks its going to work best for me.

Phil800101
01-27-11, 1:53 am
Personally I think intestinal toxemia (in regards to what you're inquiring about) is a made-up bunch of bullshit used to sell crap that people don't need. Actual intestinal toxemia refers to pretty serious shit like botulism, no pun intended.

Generally, if you're eating, there is always going to be some amount of material passing through your intestines, but it doesn't get stuck or "build up" to any major degree.

I looked this up and came upon this page, which seems pretty clear on the subject:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html

Notice that the author actually lists his sources, which are mainly peer-reviewed medical journals and documented legal cases and/or warning letters from the FDA, etc.

Furthermore, whey protein is not harmful in any way, shape, or form. It's probably one of the safest supplements (if not the safest overall) out there. I mean, it's basically a by-product of cheese production, and the whey isolates are simply filtered to such a degree to be almost pure protein by weight (about 90% if not more in some cases).

I don't know anything about hemp proteins, so I really don't have anything to say about that.

Besides my normal diet, I do supplement some extra fiber (I know I don't eat enough) and take a probiotic/digestive enzyme complex on a daily basis...but that is more or less recommended for general intestinal health.