PDA

View Full Version : power squat machine stances

The Epidemic
01-30-11, 12:35 pm
I just joined a new gym and they dont have have a hack squat.. but we do have a power squat..

What stance do you feel best mimics the BB squat and or hack squat.. i feel that the traditional power squat stance( facing the machine with your feet behind you) targets more of the glutes and hips

What the best way to really target the quads, i was thinking facing the machine with your feet in front of you like a front squat.

zubda345
01-30-11, 2:02 pm
I would Rather use a Barbell above me which'll make it a simple squat, or I will put a bench under my ass go down sit on it (With the barbell above me) that'll make it a sissy squat which I like more than simple squat. I have never used a hack squat machine nor a Power squat machine.... Never found it in the gyms I have gone... I will definitely do hacks if it was available but my choice after it will be squats or sissy squats...

Carrnage
01-30-11, 3:10 pm
I would Rather use a Barbell above me which'll make it a simple squat, or I will put a bench under my ass go down sit on it (With the barbell above me) that'll make it a sissy squat which I like more than simple squat. I have never used a hack squat machine nor a Power squat machine.... Never found it in the gyms I have gone... I will definitely do hacks if it was available but my choice after it will be squats or sissy squats...

ughhhh....the bench under your ass is called a "box squat", powerlifters like to use that variation to strengthen their squat

please dont call it simple squat, because it aint simple! i know your a confused fella zudda, but please squats aint simple! lol

Cstlfx
01-30-11, 3:27 pm
I just joined a new gym and they dont have have a hack squat.. but we do have a power squat..

What stance do you feel best mimics the BB squat and or hack squat.. i feel that the traditional power squat stance( facing the machine with your feet behind you) targets more of the glutes and hips

What the best way to really target the quads, i was thinking facing the machine with your feet in front of you like a front squat.

I dont know how your machine is set up, but mine is set up like this http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/sportsunlimited_2142_2060812548. The first set of pads you'd put your shoulders in, you face the machine, would be for powersquats. The second set of pads (the ones closest to the back pad), you face away from the machine, and thats for hacks.

The Hacks would be best to target the quads.

calcaneous
01-30-11, 6:18 pm
Why not do barbell hacksquats????

Machine
01-30-11, 7:24 pm
Why not do barbell hacksquats????

Totally agree with you here...good advice.

MACHINE

zubda345
01-30-11, 11:08 pm
ughhhh....the bench under your ass is called a "box squat", powerlifters like to use that variation to strengthen their squat

please dont call it simple squat, because it aint simple! i know your a confused fella zudda, but please squats aint simple! lol

Ya know, I discussed this sissy and box squat at the universal usa forum... I was confused about all this "Squat Thing" and the final result I got was this is that the box squat is a sissy squat.

I know it ain't simple it's just complicated but I called it simple cause it's the most simple complicating one, U know what i mean, right? LOL! :P

Cstlfx
01-30-11, 11:27 pm
Ya know, I discussed this sissy and box squat at the universal usa forum... I was confused about all this "Squat Thing" and the final result I got was this is that the box squat is a sissy squat.

I know it ain't simple it's just complicated but I called it simple cause it's the most simple complicating one, U know what i mean, right? LOL! :P

A box squat is not a sissy squat. A box squat is a box squat and a sissy squat is a sissy squat. Two completely different motions.

Sissy Squat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRUZQYh4cEs

Box Squat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugVk20OdKY

zubda345
01-30-11, 11:39 pm
OK, Thankx for clearing my mind...

Cstlfx
01-30-11, 11:45 pm
OK, Thankx for clearing my mind...

No problem. Box Squats really help the posterior chain, while sissy squats really hit your quads. Watch some videos to get the right form and throw them into your routine whenever you get bored.

C.Coronato
01-31-11, 9:59 am

Why not try a few different motions and see what you like targets the specific area best my man!

Survivor831
01-31-11, 10:21 am
Why not try a few different motions and see what you like targets the specific area best my man!

Exactlty. We are all unique in the way we are made. Some people sqaut narrow and some people squat wide, etc, etc. What works for me or anyone else might not work the same way for you. Take the exercise and make it your own.

zubda345
01-31-11, 12:00 pm
No problem. Box Squats really help the posterior chain, while sissy squats really hit your quads. Watch some videos to get the right form and throw them into your routine whenever you get bored.

Yes, I surely will!

My vote to this... It really helps me all the time... U should also definitely try different motions and see what is good for u....

Carrnage
01-31-11, 2:29 pm

Your not simple!! lol!!!

zubda345
02-01-11, 2:50 pm
Lmao! :d

Petri
02-22-13, 4:44 pm
How many of you have trained with the power squat machine regularly? Pros, cons?