PDA

View Full Version : Protein oreo truffles :)

J Will
02-01-11, 10:47 am
so you guys are going to think im a fat ass, but i altered a recipie i found to add protein and sound 'better'

here you go.

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
3 scoops protein powder. (this is what i did, you can do more or less )
Directions

Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)
Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese and protein; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter. ( you can make bigger ones, making small ones takes forever)

Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

J Will
02-01-11, 10:48 am
btw... i can not stop eating them haha

C.Coronato
02-01-11, 10:54 am
My GF makes these all the time. But not with protein powder. Interesting twist with the protein tho.

Universal Repstress
02-01-11, 11:13 am
My GF makes these all the time. But not with protein powder. Interesting twist with the protein tho.

I think next time she makes them you should bring me some!

Mr. Dead
02-01-11, 11:28 am
You may want to enter that, in the Universal PROMO:
http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Live/Universal-USA-Promos/PROMO-Universal-Mad-Scientist

xman
02-01-11, 11:51 am
Holy hell dude! Lol

J Will
02-01-11, 12:55 pm
thanks guys. I use fat free cream cheese also. it has more protein

B.S.
02-01-11, 1:43 pm
try it with fat free cream cheese and white choc instead
its all i had and it turned out great

J Will
02-01-11, 2:10 pm
try it with fat free cream cheese and white choc instead
its all i had and it turned out great

yulp. Thats what i made it with and white chocolate is my favorite haha

Jay
02-01-11, 6:25 pm
WOW.. excellent Idea. Ill have to try this.

RSTRAD
03-27-11, 9:37 pm
Man o man...those are the most amazing things in the world...when i finally reach my bottom point to start building I will definitely incorporate these to justify the opportunity to eat them. The whole batch is hard to avoid just after the first bite.....