PDA

View Full Version : Train or Go Home?

bigchuck000
02-02-11, 8:36 am
I just want to know what the forum feels about this...
On those days when you are scheduled to work out,
but are feeling tired, or sore, or weak, or sick.
Do you work out anyhow or call it a day and come back the next day?
I read an old article where Nassar El Sonbaty said that if he felt like that he took
the day off and just came back the next. But I think if I did that I would totally
loose discipline. I'll workout, but I may just do a lighter weight or change the routine a bit

What do you guys do?

Ricky P
02-02-11, 8:50 am
Unless I'm running a legit fever over 100, I'm there. I'll figure it out when I get there, as long as I'm there. I think the most important times to go are when you feel you can't. Those are the times you become mentally tougher, and the next day I always feel like it was the right move.

There arecircumstances where we should be smart, muscle related issues we should all be careful obviously - but anything mood related or under the weather issues, something I could fight through, I'm going to do it.

zubda345
02-02-11, 9:20 am
I will give it my best shot to go to the gym and do the best I can do there at the moment.... If there's some responsibility or a tight situation I'll skip it and the next day I'll get back like a monster...

adidas
02-02-11, 10:24 am
I don't get paid cash to do this...I don't step on a stage...I don't go to meets...I don'tcompete against anyone...It's a life style-hobby for me...and if I'm sick...run down ...tired...or if my mood isn't in it...I just don't go...I'll make it up or come back ready to pay the price for skippin a work out...but honestly it just depends on my mood...have I lifted sick, injured, tired, in a shitty mood...yes...so really it just depends.

Aggression
02-02-11, 10:40 am
It depends on how badly you're feeling. If you feel that you're run down, yet you can still hit the gym with 100%, then do it. However, if you feel that if you wouldn't be able to give it your all, then stay home and rest up another night. No sense in pushing yourself further into illness.

As 'adidas' said, if you're not in contest prep for a show/meet, then take the day off. Only when you're in the midst of preparing for a meet should you truck through the sessions.

dannynb
02-02-11, 11:21 am
Listen to your body....simple as that.

shizz702
02-02-11, 8:24 pm
Listen to your body....simple as that.

Agreed.

Jay
02-02-11, 10:00 pm
Depends on how 'tired' you are feeling.

If its a tired becuase you are coming down with a sickness, or yet, you are tired becuase you are sick/recovering, then I wouldnt. But;

If you are tired and dont feel like it, maybe because you had a busy work day, or just dont feel like getting out of bed. Then ofcourse go. I work third shift and am always tired but ill make it to the gym regardless.

Carrnage
02-02-11, 11:13 pm
skipping a workout can only benefit you in recovery, skipping a meal will not benefit you