PDA

View Full Version : 2 sess. of cardio

kevinyu
02-02-11, 9:07 am
What are the benefits of 2 sessions of cardio everyday, 4x a week?
I might consider it actually. (morning before breakfast and post w/o)

zubda345
02-02-11, 9:18 am
The advantage would be (in my sight) to make u fucking tire terribly and this will give u a golden good night sleep...

BarbellManiac
02-02-11, 9:49 am
Are you cutting?

smoothballer
02-02-11, 9:51 am
What are the benefits of 2 sessions of cardio everyday, 4x a week?
I might consider it actually. (morning before breakfast and post w/o)

What are your goals my man?

Fasted cardio is great for cutting. I would do one or the other in my opinion so you don't start dropping muscle weight.

dannynb
02-02-11, 11:16 am
Only way I would recommend 2 cardio sessions is if you were in show prep. But depends on your goal and such.

kevinyu
02-02-11, 8:17 pm
actually competing next year =]

but yeah i am dieting down in a couple weeks

thanks for the input guys

BarbellManiac
02-02-11, 8:28 pm
why diet down now if your competing next year? Just keep your bodyfat around 9-12%, so that you can still see definition and gain as much mass as possible. Then cut down like 12-16 weeks before the competition.

kevinyu
02-02-11, 8:53 pm
why diet down now if your competing next year? Just keep your bodyfat around 9-12%, so that you can still see definition and gain as much mass as possible. Then cut down like 12-16 weeks before the competition.

i feel like i need to diet down because of course i did gain some belly fat...

how do you measure your bf anyway?

BarbellManiac
02-02-11, 9:39 pm

The most basic method is using a bodyfat caliper, they're pretty cheap. I'm sure you can find one in walmart or target otherwise they're cheap online.

Carrnage
02-02-11, 11:44 pm
Cardio is a bodybuilders worst enemy, some people will argue with me i know, but id just focus on your diet to stay lean.

BarbellManiac
02-03-11, 12:26 am
I'm neutral on this topic Carnage, even in off season cardio (light) can help build up endurance for your workouts and keep you from gaining too much fat, now cardio might not do well for some people in off season while great for others. Depends on the person IMO.

dannynb
02-03-11, 9:24 am

If you are doing a show next year than just clean up your diet and maybe fasted light cardio 3 times a week 20-30 minutes in the morning. Focus on building up and then when the time is near, begin dieting down for your show. But than again it depends on your current bf.

Phil800101
02-03-11, 12:11 pm
I agree with dannynb. It really depends on your current bf percentage and your goals.

For myself, my bf is high, so I do the fasted cardio and PWO cardio. In order to prevent catabolism, besides my diet I make sure and take in aminos while doing cardio. Works quite well for me.

As for measuring the bf, calipers are the most basic way. However, it can be very difficult to do so accurately yourself. If you can, it's best to have it done by someone who's experienced. Knowing your bf% is good, but it's not essential either. I think that the scale, the mirror, and your clothes can be some of the best tools to measure fat loss. Weekly progress pics are a great way to be objective, and you can use the weights to measure whether or not you seem to be losing muscle and/or strength. But, if you can easily have the bf measured then it can definitely be worth it.

Carrnage
02-03-11, 8:13 pm
I'm neutral on this topic Carnage, even in off season cardio (light) can help build up endurance for your workouts and keep you from gaining too much fat, now cardio might not do well for some people in off season while great for others. Depends on the person IMO.

Bingo!

I feel I dont really need cardio mainly because my weight training workouts are cardio at the same time, for example ill do 15-20 sets for a bodypart with only 20-40 secs of rest between sets, that gets me and maintains me in decent shape. Obviously once its pre-contest time ill incorporate either a small amount of cardio or a heavy high intensity sprint type cardio.

calcaneous
02-03-11, 10:54 pm
If you are competing next year then dont start doing fasted cardio in the morning yet.

I would probably add in post workout cardio ONLY if you start to feel like your bodyfat% is too high. When it comes to contest prep workingout, i would add in the fasted morning cardio as well.

xman
02-04-11, 4:28 pm
As long as ur ok with not gaining as much muscle as u can without the cardio.... 30 morning 30 night is good for fat burn. Obvious high protein intake is a must!

Carrnage
02-04-11, 7:57 pm
As long as ur ok with not gaining as much muscle as u can without the cardio.... 30 morning 30 night is good for fat burn. Obvious high protein intake is a must!

and high carbs, moderate fat to keep hormone levels in check

having high carbs is a must for me, and fats, id rather go low in protein and have higher carbs and fats even when cutting