PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Torched

Geneticfreak09
02-05-11, 1:04 am
I've been reading around the forum looking for a workout to shed this excess body fat I have in the next 12weeks anyone out there have something concrete? I have the cardio and diet down just need a workout I can start next week so I won't just be goin to the gym to just go for PT.

Sinister_TES
02-05-11, 1:22 am
do 5/3/1. dont change a thing, just do the program

Geneticfreak09
02-05-11, 1:31 am
do 5/3/1. dont change a thing, just do the program

I thought the 5/3/1 from what i've read is just about strength gains it helps lose fat also?

xman
02-05-11, 11:34 am
Diet. And cardio is key. As long as u go for pump and do drop sets loww rest periods. ... ima put my money on cardio and dieting as the key ingredient to dropping more fat

Sinister_TES
02-05-11, 2:37 pm
I thought the 5/3/1 from what i've read is just about strength gains it helps lose fat also?

Why does everyone seem to think that you need to change programs to loose fat. Why would you not stick to a program that is going to keep your strength at maintanance or even increase it. Doing drop sets and all that stuff wont "cut you up." Its jsut going to deplete glycogen levels and deacrease recovery ability. Stick to a program meant for building strength, hence size, and you wont loose muscle. just let your cardio and diet to the work.

Carrnage
02-05-11, 8:25 pm
Why does everyone seem to think that you need to change programs to loose fat. Why would you not stick to a program that is going to keep your strength at maintanance or even increase it. Doing drop sets and all that stuff wont "cut you up." Its jsut going to deplete glycogen levels and deacrease recovery ability. Stick to a program meant for building strength, hence size, and you wont loose muscle. just let your cardio and diet to the work.

Bingo, 100000000000 percent correct, all the pump , drop sets stuff save those techniques while your eating like a mad man, but even then doing that will still deplete you somewhat in the offseason.

Basically just stick with compound movements 8-12 reps, 2 second negative on every rep, 1 sec controlled positive....why 2 second negative? it stimulates protein systhesis more than any other technique out there.

Geneticfreak09
02-06-11, 5:56 am
I'm goin to start the 5/3/1 program heard it was good to maintain and gain strength.

GUNS
02-06-11, 12:47 pm
Concur, keep your workout the way it is and just do some carb cycling and add a little cardio each week. Read around the forvm. It's all here, you just have to look!

Geneticfreak09
02-09-11, 6:19 am
I need a lil help I've been on Animal Cuts for 2 weeks now I've upped my cardio from 20min to 30-40min every morning when I workout and eating clean as possible but I haven't lost a single pound is there something i'm doing wrong that I don't know about......here is my diet below

Supps: Animal Cuts and Optimum Whey Protein
Animal Cuts 30min prior to workout
30-40min of Cardio before weights

Breakfast
3 whole eggs 2 egg whites Oatmeal with Post workout shake(48g)

Inbetween Meal-Protein Shake(24g) 2 Turkey Sandwiches(lettuce tomatoe also) on Wheat

Animal Cuts 30min before Lunch

Lunch
Either Chicken Breast or Roast Beef whichever is served with lots of vegetables and potatoes or brown rice whichever is served.

Inbetween Meal-Protein Shake(24g) 2 Turkey Sandwiches(lettuce tomatoe also) on Wheat

Dinner
Roast Turkey, Chicken Breast,or Steak whichever is available with 2/3 plate of vegetables

Before Bed
Protein Shake(1 Scoop n a half)

Sinister_TES
02-09-11, 12:42 pm
I need a lil help I've been on Animal Cuts for 2 weeks now I've upped my cardio from 20min to 30-40min every morning when I workout and eating clean as possible but I haven't lost a single pound is there something i'm doing wrong that I don't know about......here is my diet below

Supps: Animal Cuts and Optimum Whey Protein
Animal Cuts 30min prior to workout
30-40min of Cardio before weights

Breakfast
3 whole eggs 2 egg whites Oatmeal with Post workout shake(48g)

Animal Cuts 30min before Lunch

Lunch
Either Chicken Breast or Roast Beef whichever is served with lots of vegetables and potatoes or brown rice whichever is served.

Dinner
Roast Turkey, Chicken Breast,or Steak whichever is available with 2/3 plate of vegetables

Before Bed
Protein Shake(1 Scoop n a half)

It could be several things. Maybe all of the clean eating and new program has helped you gaina alittle muscle, or maybe you need to lower your cals a bit. Also make sure your drinking at least 4 litres of water a day. But what ever your do DONT go changing everything up. stick with it for 2 more weeks and if you still havnt lost fat then come back. P.S dont use the scale use the mirror to measure progress

Geneticfreak09
02-09-11, 11:35 pm
It could be several things. Maybe all of the clean eating and new program has helped you gaina alittle muscle, or maybe you need to lower your cals a bit. Also make sure your drinking at least 4 litres of water a day. But what ever your do DONT go changing everything up. stick with it for 2 more weeks and if you still havnt lost fat then come back. P.S dont use the scale use the mirror to measure progress

In the mirror I have seen changes and I only weight myself once a week. I haven't changed my diet just yet so that won't be a challenge to stay at it for a few more weeks. I drink about 3.5L of water a day but i'll try and get in another bottle somewhere. Thanks for the reply I'll give it a shot and see what happens for 2 more weeks.

Supreme
02-10-11, 4:30 am
I often burn more with intense drop set workouts then with cardio. I perform HIIT, sprints, and distance running every week and after awhile it's easier and easier. But a good drop set low rest workout always kills me.