PDA

View Full Version : Pure Muscle

jbogner
02-07-11, 6:21 pm
I'm a 165lbs....I want to put on 20lbs of pure muscle. I was told thats pretty much impossible. Well I believe anything is possible, but I need help reaching that goal. Any suggestions out there!! I've gotten real strong at 165lbs but no size. For example I'm benching 205lbs 10 times but wheres the size.

Necromatrix
02-07-11, 6:27 pm
Hey, I know that guy! Finally made on board. Sweet! Hit up the diet section, all the lifts in the world won't help if you don't have the fuel to build.

Whoever said your goal is impossible is a lazy ass. Your putting in the work, and you're in the right place for knowledge. You got this!

Carrnage
02-07-11, 7:15 pm
I'm a 165lbs....I want to put on 20lbs of pure muscle. I was told thats pretty much impossible. Well I believe anything is possible, but I need help reaching that goal. Any suggestions out there!! I've gotten real strong at 165lbs but no size. For example I'm benching 205lbs 10 times but wheres the size.

Hello there, you prolly dont know who I am, but fuck it, follow my 10 commandments and you will grow bigger and stronger. I gurantee it, no...I guran-damn-tee it.

1) Use compound lifts only!!! They build up strength in your joints/ligaments and you use more than 1 muscle per lift, so the greater response youl get from it. They release the most testosterone and growth hormone and IGF-1 more than other lifts. Use free weight presses from various angles, deadlifts from racks to floor, rows from overhand or t-bars, chins/pulldowns, dumbbell rows, dips, squats, lunges, leg pressing and hack squats are ok too.

2)Control the Negative!!!! What is the negative? The portion of the lift when you lower the weight down, lower the negative for atleast for a 3 second count, then explode up in a controlled manner, if you cant lower the weight for 3 seconds your not using the targeted muscle and going too damn heavy than your body can manage. Also!!! The negative portion of the lift builds most of the muscle you see on your body. If your not already controlling that negative for 3 secs, start now, youl notice gains every freakin week its fucking awesome I tell you.

3)Stop worrying how much weight your moving! Tell your ego to go fuck itself. You can bench 205 for 10? Woo-te-do! How much of that was mainly utilizing your chest? If you can arch your back enough and stretch your pecs and contract your pecs similar to a FLY type movement, the bench press will pack on meat in your chest. Id suggest use 160ish for your final set to failure. Over 3 months of time you should be doing 180 for 10 super strict reps utilizing mainly just your chest.

4)If your saying "Oh I do control the movement, I do use good form"....Ummm no you fucking dont, thats why you look like shit. (hehehe sorry for the language, just tryin to motivate ya!) I mean obviously if you were using the targeted muscle and using super strict form, controlling the negative for 3 secs, you wouldnt have any freakin problems growing or getting stronger. Think about it.

5)If your chest isnt fully pumped from pressing, your not using your chest

If your back isnt fully pumped from doing rows, your going too light (lol i couldnt think of a good analogy for this one, just tying my shoes gets my back pumped lol!

If your delts arnt pumped from pressing your using too much elbows, rotator cuff

If your triceps and biceps arnt pumped from dipping and bar curls your using shitty ass form and too much weight.

If your legs are not pumped that means you ain't doin deep squats, period!

6)Eat atleast 4-6 well balanced meals a day, using mainly just red meat, dairy products for your protein sources, why!?!? because those sources have a good amount of leucine which keeps your body in a muscle building mode, and zinc which is crucial for maintaining testosterone levels. Include healthy fats like almonds, peanuts, peanut butter too, 2-3 servings a day. And bump your carbs up to 3x lean bodyweight, why!?!? Because if your body runs out of protein to feed itself, it uses carbs as its secondary source. Try white rice,potatoes....too much oatmeal and brown rice can/will bloat you up and its a slow digesting carb which will slow up your bodies amino digesting process and possibly not even be digested properly.

7Sleep atleast 6-8 hours, any lower than that youl feel like shit, and your testosterone actually lowers quite a bit for having a lack of sleep. (I only sleep around 3-5 hours and manage to make strength gains on my 600+squats, 400+benches, 600+deads and good size increases, but not everyone is built like me!!!, so if you ever read my journal, do as I SAY not as i DO.)

8)Stop doing cardio, unless your obese or cutting up for a show or your girlfriend, or jsut trying to stay lean during the offseason limit it to just 2-4 times a week, other than that dont do it, cardio's a muscle eater, it loves to eat muscles!

9)Ditch the pre workout drinks, some ingredients in them nowa days actually stop your muscle growth! Just dont even touch them! or Think about them! If you dont have enough energy to train that means your not motivated or if you train in the morning a half cup of coffee wont hurt.

10)Train like a fucking animal in the gym and in the bed with your girl! Period!

Bonus Material ----

Doing isolation movements deplete you, thats why most people can't pack on any muscle because they always do some sort of cable crossover or some stupid cable finishing exercise at the end of their training, those movements are only good when your a few days out from a show and need to deplete your glycogen!!!(carbs)

Train 3-4 days a week, your body grows when you rest, not while your in the gym tearing the muscle down. Your nervous system get wrecked from weight training, so rest up!

But.....What if.....shut up, get in the kitchen, in the gym, on top of your girl, and make it happen.

/End Thread.

shizz702
02-07-11, 7:59 pm
Bosshogg routine: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?33727-Bosshogg-routine and 2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. Done.

Necromatrix
02-07-11, 8:16 pm
Carnage... Outstanding. Lol!

See, J, just what I was talkin' about. No bullshit, no sugar coating. Welcome to Animal!

PORTERHOUSE
02-07-11, 8:19 pm
Hello there, you prolly dont know who I am, but fuck it, follow my 10 commandments and you will grow bigger and stronger. I gurantee it, no...I guran-damn-tee it.

1) Use compound lifts only!!! They build up strength in your joints/ligaments and you use more than 1 muscle per lift, so the greater response youl get from it. They release the most testosterone and growth hormone and IGF-1 more than other lifts. Use free weight presses from various angles, deadlifts from racks to floor, rows from overhand or t-bars, chins/pulldowns, dumbbell rows, dips, squats, lunges, leg pressing and hack squats are ok too.

2)Control the Negative!!!! What is the negative? The portion of the lift when you lower the weight down, lower the negative for atleast for a 3 second count, then explode up in a controlled manner, if you cant lower the weight for 3 seconds your not using the targeted muscle and going too damn heavy than your body can manage. Also!!! The negative portion of the lift builds most of the muscle you see on your body. If your not already controlling that negative for 3 secs, start now, youl notice gains every freakin week its fucking awesome I tell you.

3)Stop worrying how much weight your moving! Tell your ego to go fuck itself. You can bench 205 for 10? Woo-te-do! How much of that was mainly utilizing your chest? If you can arch your back enough and stretch your pecs and contract your pecs similar to a FLY type movement, the bench press will pack on meat in your chest. Id suggest use 160ish for your final set to failure. Over 3 months of time you should be doing 180 for 10 super strict reps utilizing mainly just your chest.

4)If your saying "Oh I do control the movement, I do use good form"....Ummm no you fucking dont, thats why you look like shit. (hehehe sorry for the language, just tryin to motivate ya!) I mean obviously if you were using the targeted muscle and using super strict form, controlling the negative for 3 secs, you wouldnt have any freakin problems growing or getting stronger. Think about it.

5)If your chest isnt fully pumped from pressing, your not using your chest

If your back isnt fully pumped from doing rows, your going too light (lol i couldnt think of a good analogy for this one, just tying my shoes gets my back pumped lol!

If your delts arnt pumped from pressing your using too much elbows, rotator cuff

If your triceps and biceps arnt pumped from dipping and bar curls your using shitty ass form and too much weight.

If your legs are not pumped that means you ain't doin deep squats, period!

6)Eat atleast 4-6 well balanced meals a day, using mainly just red meat, dairy products for your protein sources, why!?!? because those sources have a good amount of leucine which keeps your body in a muscle building mode, and zinc which is crucial for maintaining testosterone levels. Include healthy fats like almonds, peanuts, peanut butter too, 2-3 servings a day. And bump your carbs up to 3x lean bodyweight, why!?!? Because if your body runs out of protein to feed itself, it uses carbs as its secondary source. Try white rice,potatoes....too much oatmeal and brown rice can/will bloat you up and its a slow digesting carb which will slow up your bodies amino digesting process and possibly not even be digested properly.

7Sleep atleast 6-8 hours, any lower than that youl feel like shit, and your testosterone actually lowers quite a bit for having a lack of sleep. (I only sleep around 3-5 hours and manage to make strength gains on my 600+squats, 400+benches, 600+deads and good size increases, but not everyone is built like me!!!, so if you ever read my journal, do as I SAY not as i DO.)

8)Stop doing cardio, unless your obese or cutting up for a show or your girlfriend, or jsut trying to stay lean during the offseason limit it to just 2-4 times a week, other than that dont do it, cardio's a muscle eater, it loves to eat muscles!

9)Ditch the pre workout drinks, some ingredients in them nowa days actually stop your muscle growth! Just dont even touch them! or Think about them! If you dont have enough energy to train that means your not motivated or if you train in the morning a half cup of coffee wont hurt.

10)Train like a fucking animal in the gym and in the bed with your girl! Period!

Bonus Material ----

Doing isolation movements deplete you, thats why most people can't pack on any muscle because they always do some sort of cable crossover or some stupid cable finishing exercise at the end of their training, those movements are only good when your a few days out from a show and need to deplete your glycogen!!!(carbs)

Train 3-4 days a week, your body grows when you rest, not while your in the gym tearing the muscle down. Your nervous system get wrecked from weight training, so rest up!

But.....What if.....shut up, get in the kitchen, in the gym, on top of your girl, and make it happen.

/End Thread.

There is definitely some descent advice in this, but while it's presented as the "ten commandments", there are also some elements that definitely are not "commandments" for growth and progression through this sport.

Carrnage
02-07-11, 9:14 pm
There is definitely some descent advice in this, but while it's presented as the "ten commandments", there are also some elements that definitely are not "commandments" for growth and progression through this sport.

lol, i know, but thats not the point

and thanks for trying to ruin my 10 commandments hahaha just messin

Carrnage
02-07-11, 9:16 pm
Carnage... Outstanding. Lol!

See, J, just what I was talkin' about. No bullshit, no sugar coating. Welcome to Animal!

Thanks man!!!

Theres a reason why all my clients pack on muscle and shred fat extremely fast when they're with me!

Back To Basics
02-08-11, 1:38 am

Good advice, but as porterhouse said man... I don't think that cardio 3 times a week on your off days is going to be detrimental at all, it will most likely help with recovery by flushing out waste products and circulating more blood around your body resulting in better recovery, and fresh fish has a better amino acid profile than beef - check it out for your self.. I think you might want to re-think some things before giving THAT much advice man.. Chicken and fish are great sources of protein and can be cheaper. I think you should check out OX's diet and tell him he has to eat red meat all day. And how do fly's deplete your glycogen more than squats, c'mon dude... Fly's are a good way to stretch out the already damaged muscle fibers and recruit every last one, get more blood into the muscle too. A lot of the stuff that you stated is good info but a lot of it is just Bro-science.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/122/3/467.full.pdf - Fish compared to beef it's like page 4.
And a lot of fish is loaded with Omega-3.

Back To Basics
02-08-11, 3:27 am
*Some of it is bro-science - Correction haha.

Big Wides
02-08-11, 6:03 am
It's going to take hard work, time and patience. That is what is going to add the muscle that you want, nothing will happen overnight and in order to obtain your goals make sure that your diet is intact. Hell I wish I had a board like this when I started but I didn't and learned the hard way. Keep your diet soild and smart, that along with hard training with heavy weights will get the job done. How fast? Only time will tell but break down your goals in three month segements, it will make obtaining them not only eaiser but more realistic.

I would also, just in my opinion, drop the reps and increase the weight on your exercises. That's just me but you can gain muscle by doing reps, you just need to eat the right amount of calories to recoup and build

What is your diet like and current training routine?

Carrnage
02-08-11, 3:16 pm
Good advice, but as porterhouse said man... I don't think that cardio 3 times a week on your off days is going to be detrimental at all, it will most likely help with recovery by flushing out waste products and circulating more blood around your body resulting in better recovery, and fresh fish has a better amino acid profile than beef - check it out for your self.. I think you might want to re-think some things before giving THAT much advice man.. Chicken and fish are great sources of protein and can be cheaper. I think you should check out OX's diet and tell him he has to eat red meat all day. And how do fly's deplete your glycogen more than squats, c'mon dude... Fly's are a good way to stretch out the already damaged muscle fibers and recruit every last one, get more blood into the muscle too. A lot of the stuff that you stated is good info but a lot of it is just Bro-science.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/122/3/467.full.pdf - Fish compared to beef it's like page 4.
And a lot of fish is loaded with Omega-3.

haha your wrong.

1) Ox isnt made like us, ummm you do know hes superhuman right? uhhh i dunno how to say this but...he takes "welchs apple juice!" .....and we dont, obviously he doesnt need to be "precise" with his nutrition to pack on muscle as someone that doesnt drink grape juice, ( i hope you know what i mean by grapde juice)

2) And flys and other isolation movements target only 1 muscle, thats why they are called an "isolation movment", thats why you get more pumps easier with those movements, it depletes your glycogen, thats it, end of discussion, yeah you get a stretch from it, but you should get a better stretch from pressing, dont feel a stretch while pressing? then re-learn your form

3) And like I said everyone is different, but to stay on the "best bet", id just not do any cardio at all, but like i said, can you gain muscle while doing cardio 3-5 times a week? Absolutely!!!!

4) You say fish has a better amino acid profile than beef? It depends, what kind, what time? what goals? Both have different uses, but for building muscles, red meat, dairy is where its at

5) I just proved you wrong on everything you called me out, I am right, I stick to the science, i dont make anything up so how can it be bro science? I understand you though, im here giving people the best advice and people think im a "know it all guy", yeah yeah i understand i guess i kinda act like one right? Thats why you want to prove me wrong but failed.

Sorry, but science wins bro science all day baby.

And dont be calling me out ever again.

Thanks.

Carrnage
02-08-11, 3:19 pm
Dont get number 1 offensivly Animals, I know Ox must eat the right amounts and during pre contest still be precise, but sometimes kids or even young adults get on here and still dont know the "in's and outs" and the "truths" about these pro bodybuilders.

But nonetheless, Ox will def pull out a top 3! I rather have him win the arnold though, the 2nd biggest show of this sport!

PORTERHOUSE
02-08-11, 4:03 pm
haha your wrong.

5) I just proved you wrong on everything you called me out, I am right, I stick to the science, i dont make anything up so how can it be bro science? I understand you though, im here giving people the best advice and people think im a "know it all guy", yeah yeah i understand i guess i kinda act like one right? Thats why you want to prove me wrong but failed.

Sorry, but science wins bro science all day baby.

And dont be calling me out ever again.

Thanks.

I honestly don't mean this in a disrespectful manner, but I think you need a reality check.

People like to throw out this bro-science bullshit, its every where now... "oh thats just bro science blah blah blah, check this science out, this is the real science". As a trained researcher myself I can promise you there isn't much of a distinction when you look for true science in this sport. One thing a scientist would understand that common sense may not allow is that science doesn't deal with absolutes in most cases, it deals with setting trends in a set confidence interval.

in a lot of cases, you can go on the internet and pull 10 articles that prove any one point for bodybuilding, and then pull 15 that prove the exact opposite. The truth is, science will always be needed in this sport, but to be truly successful a person needs to know when to use science as inspiration to test their own means and when to forget about the science and go with their gut. It's finding that delicate balance between what science says and what your instincts tell you that will allow you to be the most progressive.

One thing many people come to realize over time is there are many different paths to achieve what you want, The one thing that they all have in common is that all function by dedication and consistency. A person who has been around long enough to realize that can respect that everyone is going to have a different view, a different method, a different theory...and they can all work at least part of the time. You can write me a novel with all the scientific research in the world and tell me that isolations wont work, but for me, I couldn't bring my biceps up until I started using isolation... so do you think i give a shit what science says? Hell no. Same goes for keto, I had all kinds of people telling me my keto diet wouldn't work for me, the science said so (of course there is also plenty of pro-keto science out there), but keto changed this entire game for me back in the day. All those people who were anti-keto without ever having had tried it will never know if it could work for them, that's one door they will never open. That mentality will hold them back. Even if it hadn't worked for me, i would have been able to take away that knowledge from the experience and be one step closer to understanding myself in this game. Thats something no science can do.

Saying that you proved someone wrong and acting like you know it all is a bullshit move. There is hardly any proof that any one thing will or will not work. The second you think you know it all in this game is the second you can no longer progress from where you are. This sport is about being progressive, the learning process should never stop, ever.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think all your advice is bad or anything like that, I agree with a lot of what you say. However, I do think it is dangerous to speak in absolutes in this sport. Not only can it hold you back, but it can hold back anyone who is new and impressionable. Sharing viewpoints and ever arguing constructively will help people pick a path that's right for them. Saying you have the answer is incorrect.

BarbellManiac
02-08-11, 5:25 pm
A lot of solid advice on this thread, my bonus advice would just be to have fun with it. This is a lifestyle and the worst thing you can do is make it miserable for yourself.

Carrnage
02-08-11, 5:26 pm
I honestly don't mean this in a disrespectful manner, but I think you need a reality check.

People like to throw out this bro-science bullshit, its every where now... "oh thats just bro science blah blah blah, check this science out, this is the real science". As a trained researcher myself I can promise you there isn't much of a distinction when you look for true science in this sport. One thing a scientist would understand that common sense may not allow is that science doesn't deal with absolutes in most cases, it deals with setting trends in a set confidence interval.

in a lot of cases, you can go on the internet and pull 10 articles that prove any one point for bodybuilding, and then pull 15 that prove the exact opposite. The truth is, science will always be needed in this sport, but to be truly successful a person needs to know when to use science as inspiration to test their own means and when to forget about the science and go with their gut. It's finding that delicate balance between what science says and what your instincts tell you that will allow you to be the most progressive.

One thing many people come to realize over time is there are many different paths to achieve what you want, The one thing that they all have in common is that all function by dedication and consistency. A person who has been around long enough to realize that can respect that everyone is going to have a different view, a different method, a different theory...and they can all work at least part of the time. You can write me a novel with all the scientific research in the world and tell me that isolations wont work, but for me, I couldn't bring my biceps up until I started using isolation... so do you think i give a shit what science says? Hell no. Same goes for keto, I had all kinds of people telling me my keto diet wouldn't work for me, the science said so (of course there is also plenty of pro-keto science out there), but keto changed this entire game for me back in the day. All those people who were anti-keto without ever having had tried it will never know if it could work for them, that's one door they will never open. That mentality will hold them back. Even if it hadn't worked for me, i would have been able to take away that knowledge from the experience and be one step closer to understanding myself in this game. Thats something no science can do.

Saying that you proved someone wrong and acting like you know it all is a bullshit move. There is hardly any proof that any one thing will or will not work. The second you think you know it all in this game is the second you can no longer progress from where you are. This sport is about being progressive, the learning process should never stop, ever.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think all your advice is bad or anything like that, I agree with a lot of what you say. However, I do think it is dangerous to speak in absolutes in this sport. Not only can it hold you back, but it can hold back anyone who is new and impressionable. Sharing viewpoints and ever arguing constructively will help people pick a path that's right for them. Saying you have the answer is incorrect.

Agree with ya 100 percent, (even though i didnt read through your whole hate-mail messedge)

But remember this, my 10 commandments...I didnt make it! I didnt do the research, scientist, bodybuilders, doctors did the research, they are the ones that made my top 10 commandments, not ME! I just stole their tips,adice,knowledge and incoporated it into my life.

Results speak for themselves.

You need a reality check kid

/End thread

Carrnage
02-08-11, 5:28 pm
The nature boy rich flair use to strut around yelling ...."woo!!!! woooo!!!" ...

well all i gota say is for you haters

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Carrnage
02-08-11, 5:30 pm
Im just here to help people? Like seriously?

Bottom line is, im just telling the kid to eat right, train with compound movements, and sleep....is that a crime?? Yeah I know some other stuff here and there, but dont we all?!!? Just gobble up all the knowledge, or in your terms..."broscience"...and use it in your life, if it doesnt work or you dont believe it, then thats your problem!! Not mine! Dont tell me if im wrong lol!

Necromatrix
02-08-11, 5:56 pm
I think things got a little derailed in here...

A lot of solid advice, but a bit too much ego perhaps. There are as many schools of thought as there are weightlifters in the world. Some of which is bullshit and we all know it. However, there are plenty of worthwhile methods out there to choose from. What does not exist is one perfect diet, one absolute routine. Each lifter has to find what works for them, try diffrent things(within a respectable timeframe, not a couple of weeks and quit) to see what helps them the most.

Some basics are pretty well carved in stone. Compound movements are "better" than isolation because they use more of your muscles per rep. Do isolation movements have their place? Certianly.

Another basic is diet. The lifter needs protien, carbs and fats to grow. But how much? 1 gram? 2 grams? Where should these macros come from? Again, the lifter has to find what works for them.

The best way any of us can help ya, J, is to do as BigWides suggested. Post up your diet and routine and let some of these guys take a crack at it.

jbogner
02-08-11, 6:34 pm
First of all thanks everyone for welcoming me warmly on to the Forum. I'll have to post my routine and let you guys pick at and either tell me im doing good or tell me im being a pussy and need to buck up. As far as my diet goes of course im striving to put as much protein in my body as what I need in a day. I try to eat healthy yet it seems like when i try to eat "healthy" im staying real lean and just cutting. If I try to eat 6 times a day I feel like im getting soft and fat....WTF.

Necromatrix
02-08-11, 6:50 pm
The only thing that has worked for me thus far is to start with a base of 2 grams protien and 2 grams carbs per pound of lean mass. I keep the fats low, most of which come from milk, of whch I drink about a half gallon a day. Your metabolism is pretty jacked up, like mine, so you can afford to have cheat meals as well (mmm Taco bell).

From these basic macros I make adjustments from month to month. If my bodyfat goes up to much I know to cut back on the cheat meals a bit. If I'm not making gains, or worse, losing weight then it's time to up the food. This has worked pretty well thus far, and I do not do any cardio.

Also, eating 6 or more times a day does not mean eating a ton of food all six meals. I'm sure others can offer better advice and pointers than I can. Just keep in mind, no matter what diet or amount of cardio, you have to stick to it as much as possible in order to monitor how well it is working for you. (That's why I have my big red cooler everywhere I go. lol!)

BarbellManiac
02-08-11, 6:53 pm
The only thing that has worked for me thus far is to start with a base of 2 grams protien and 2 grams carbs per pound of lean mass. I keep the fats low, most of which come from milk, of whch I drink about a half gallon a day. Your metabolism is pretty jacked up, like mine, so you can afford to have cheat meals as well (mmm Taco bell).

From these basic macros I make adjustments from month to month. If my bodyfat goes up to much I know to cut back on the cheat meals a bit. If I'm not making gains, or worse, losing weight then it's time to up the food. This has worked pretty well thus far, and I do not do any cardio.

Also, eating 6 or more times a day does not mean eating a ton of food all six meals. I'm sure others can offer better advice and pointers than I can. Just keep in mind, no matter what diet or amount of cardio, you have to stick to it as much as possible in order to monitor how well it is working for you. (That's why I have my big red cooler everywhere I go. lol!)

why do you keep fats low? They are essential for our endocrine system.

Carrnage
02-08-11, 8:51 pm
I think things got a little derailed in here...

A lot of solid advice, but a bit too much ego perhaps. There are as many schools of thought as there are weightlifters in the world. Some of which is bullshit and we all know it. However, there are plenty of worthwhile methods out there to choose from. What does not exist is one perfect diet, one absolute routine. Each lifter has to find what works for them, try diffrent things(within a respectable timeframe, not a couple of weeks and quit) to see what helps them the most.

Some basics are pretty well carved in stone. Compound movements are "better" than isolation because they use more of your muscles per rep. Do isolation movements have their place? Certianly.

Another basic is diet. The lifter needs protien, carbs and fats to grow. But how much? 1 gram? 2 grams? Where should these macros come from? Again, the lifter has to find what works for them.

The best way any of us can help ya, J, is to do as BigWides suggested. Post up your diet and routine and let some of these guys take a crack at it.

Agreed

Carrnage
02-08-11, 8:51 pm

taco bell hell yeah

Necromatrix
02-08-11, 10:05 pm
why do you keep fats low? They are essential for our endocrine system.

Well, low in comparrison to carbs and protien. In a typical day I will have about 65 grams of fat, the bulk of which comes from milk and Real Gains, (love that stuff). That does not take into account any cheat meals I may have.

After seeing how my body reacts to diffrent eating habits, reading a great deal of information on the Forvm and looking at my goals, I have stepped away from the bulk-cut-bulk-cut routine. For the most part I am having success, by steadily increasing strength, adding lean mass,(which is hard for me to do), and keeping bodyfat within a decent realm.

Back To Basics
02-09-11, 4:09 am
Carnage dude you need to drop the ego, I wasn't ATTACKING you and CALLING YOU OUT - No, this isn't some contest on who knows the most all I was trying to do is put the information you said in perspective to show that there isn't just the EAT RED MEAT ALL DAY AND YOU WILL GROW way, it doesn't matter if you take the special supps or not the effect of amino acids are the exact same - so your saying that just because I don't take "special supps" that eating a great protein source like fish is useless. I think thats ridiculous on so many levels man and you really need to check what forum your on if your going to act like a now it all with your ego comments, I wasn't even hating on you and yet you just closed your mind and acted like a kid. And your calling porterhouse a guy who knows his shit a child, you need a reality check my friend. This isn't muscular development no bull forum were you can just go and insult someone this is Animal it's supposed to be a brotherhood where we all share our opinions and help each other out. Please don't act like you run this place bro, you have given good info and all I said that you should put it in perspective and be open minded and accept that your way is not the only way by far.

smoothballer
02-09-11, 8:39 am
Let's keep it civil in here fellas...

Sinister_TES
02-09-11, 12:48 pm
Well, low in comparrison to carbs and protien. In a typical day I will have about 65 grams of fat, the bulk of which comes from milk and Real Gains, (love that stuff). That does not take into account any cheat meals I may have.

After seeing how my body reacts to diffrent eating habits, reading a great deal of information on the Forvm and looking at my goals, I have stepped away from the bulk-cut-bulk-cut routine. For the most part I am having success, by steadily increasing strength, adding lean mass,(which is hard for me to do), and keeping bodyfat within a decent realm.

you should try getting your fats from nuts fish and vegetable oil. oega 3-6-9s buddy

Necromatrix
02-09-11, 1:05 pm
you should try getting your fats from nuts fish and vegetable oil. oega 3-6-9s buddy

Hmm... I'm screwed on the fish part. I seem to be allergice to every fish I have tried, other than tuna,(which I eat a ton of, but one gram of fat per can does not equal out to much).

Thanks for the pointers though. I will have to figure out a way to work vegetable oil into my meals. And snacking on almonds would help with the in between meal munchies.

JasonG
02-09-11, 2:07 pm
This is what bothers me about this forum. The brotherhood is great, but this whole gotta do it this one way with your training or diet get on my nerves. Reminds me of another forum where they say you won't get big without doing DC training, just won't happen. Really? This is where avatars would be great to have here so we could see when a sub 200lber thinks he knows everything. To the original poster: find out what works for you. I don't care what your routine is as long as it makes sense to your recovery ability and all bases are covered. Eat clean and if you want to weigh 200 lbs eat like you are 200 lbs. Read articles on here and get to know people here before taking everything as gospel.

PORTERHOUSE
02-09-11, 3:17 pm
This is what bothers me about this forum. The brotherhood is great, but this whole gotta do it this one way with your training or diet get on my nerves. Reminds me of another forum where they say you won't get big without doing DC training, just won't happen. Really? This is where avatars would be great to have here so we could see when a sub 200lber thinks he knows everything. To the original poster: find out what works for you. I don't care what your routine is as long as it makes sense to your recovery ability and all bases are covered. Eat clean and if you want to weigh 200 lbs eat like you are 200 lbs. Read articles on here and get to know people here before taking everything as gospel.

exactly... good words man.

Carrnage
02-09-11, 4:14 pm

couldnt of said it any better my man!

Big Wides
02-10-11, 6:02 am
Some of the posts were deleted since they were off topic, please take the off-topic stuff to PMs so that the thread does not get cluttered. Please don't respond or quote this message, if you want to ask questions send me a PM and I'll explain why.

Keep it on topic, lots of good points here

xman
02-12-11, 5:50 pm
PUMP. A lot of the bodybuilders I know go for pump and drop sets only. And these dudes are huge and have no joint problems. Wen I started their routines not only were my workouts more accopmlished. But I started seeing growth everywere