PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with triceps.

swoleberry
02-12-11, 3:53 pm
Hey brothers, I've been noticing that I am having trouble getting my triceps to grow. I train them just as efficiently as every other body part, but they seem to be falling behind on growth. Looking for answers to this dilemma. I want some horseshoes.

zubda345
02-12-11, 4:31 pm
First of all, What u diet looks like? and ur training schedule???

Survivor831
02-12-11, 5:32 pm
What does your tricep workout look like right now

xman
02-12-11, 5:47 pm
I stoppef doing skull crushers like 6 months ago cuz tendonitis started coming in.... slowly I've noticed the lowwer part nnext to the elbow diminish. ... so I started hhitting skulls again and they comming bak pritty good .... so having that in ur routine could make a difference

Carrnage
02-12-11, 6:28 pm
Something like this typically works for all my clients every single time.

Week 1

Warm up with 2x20 pressdowns

Close Grip Bench Press 3x5-10
Weighted Dips 3x5-10

Week 2

warm up same as above

Close Grip Bench Press 3x20
Weighted Dips 3x20
Skullcrushers 3x20
Pushdowns 3x20

Week 3

warm up same as above

Close Grip Bench Press 3x8-12 (last set a drop set) (strip the weight once or twice)
Weighted Dips 4x10 (20-30 sec rest between sets)

Week 4

warm up same as above

Weighted Dips 10x10 (45 sec rest between sets)

swoleberry
02-12-11, 10:43 pm
Okay to answer a few questions, I do high intensity.
One working set to failure on all exercises.
Typically for triceps my exercise are.
Close Grip Bench, Tricep Pressdowns, Weighted Dips

zubda345
02-13-11, 12:58 am
If it's about the workout... I have done an exercise in my workouts for triceps that has done alot for my triceps, As machine told this exercise, Try doing D-Clip single handed triceps pull down... U will be pleased with this exercise...

Have U taken rest, in other words have u given ur muscle enough rest to recover??? Because in all ur Push movements except lower body push movements, Ur triceps are used this is not a big muscle group, It should be rewarded with alot of rest... If U ain't resting good Ur body parts will not grow (or) maybe decrease their growth...

Carrnage
02-13-11, 2:51 pm
If it's about the workout... I have done an exercise in my workouts for triceps that has done alot for my triceps, As machine told this exercise, Try doing D-Clip single handed triceps pull down... U will be pleased with this exercise...

Have U taken rest, in other words have u given ur muscle enough rest to recover??? Because in all ur Push movements except lower body push movements, Ur triceps are used this is not a big muscle group, It should be rewarded with alot of rest... If U ain't resting good Ur body parts will not grow (or) maybe decrease their growth...

Wow zubda, i noticed your getting more knowledge / smarter every week now! hahah keep doin it brother!

Cellardweller
02-13-11, 4:28 pm
Z's got me too. I think I'm guilty of over abusing my tri's too. Gonna give close grip bench a break and change up my grip/bars on press downs. I usually train chest and tri's together but I may need to break them up for awhile. Started doing kickbacks again a couple weeks ago and am loving those.

zubda345
02-14-11, 1:19 am
Wow zubda, i noticed your getting more knowledge / smarter every week now! hahah keep doin it brother!

O thankx Brother.... Made me Really happy... :) I am doing the best I can.. and telling all I have learned..

Z's got me too. I think I'm guilty of over abusing my tri's too. Gonna give close grip bench a break and change up my grip/bars on press downs. I usually train chest and tri's together but I may need to break them up for awhile. Started doing kickbacks again a couple weeks ago and am loving those.

Yeah Brother Try it... give it some rest... If again the same case, Try doing Tri's with Shoulders and switch Bi's with chest, this thing has a whole philosophy behind it....

pushin weight
02-14-11, 3:50 pm
The trick to tris is to trick em with variety and utilize a wide array of methods such as drop sets, negative sets,fst 7,giant sets and so forth......dont believe? try and u will see....:)

Carrnage
02-14-11, 5:22 pm
The trick to tris is to trick em with variety and utilize a wide array of methods such as drop sets, negative sets,fst 7,giant sets and so forth......dont believe? try and u will see....:)

bingo!!! mother fucking bingo!!!! i wish all these kids used vareity like that instead of worrying about "sticking to a program" lolz