PDA

View Full Version : Please Critique a fellow ANIMAL

TheWizzle
02-14-11, 4:48 pm
Hey guys, new to the forum but not the game. Ive been actively competing in strongman up and down the east coast since 09. Played college ball at Mcdaniel. Im in MD. Im 23 and currently weighing 280 at 19%body fat and 6'1''. Ive benched 612(with wrist wraps only) and Deadlifted 735(with a belt) squatted 785. All that is impresive but it is very hard on the body. i started having problems with my ciatic nerve so I lowered the intensity. i dont normally work with anything over my 75-80%1rm. Im kinda considering the bodyuilding path some so i cleaned it up going from 322lbs to 275-280 over the last 4 months. Without any significant strenght lost. So im pleased with that. Please if you have the time take a look at my workout/diet and let me know what to change. Looking to keep strength and lean up a little more maybe go to 265 and be lean.

Nutrition
8am
8 egg whites
1 cup oats
12 oz skim milk
11am
10 oz tuna/salmon
1/2 cup oats or wild rice
tbspn natural pb
preworkout
40g whey
1/2 cup blueberries/blackberries
1 cup turkey/lean beef
1/2 cup wild rice/or oats
16oz skim milk
1 cup turkey/lean beef
1/2 cup wild rice/ or oats
usually cucumber
10pm
Casein w/skim milk

Workout 4 sets of 40 total reps for everything right now
1.Pull day- heavy compounds. All rows, lpd, SLDL,
2.Forearm/calves/core
3.Push day- bench/mp/inclines/ with some flys/ deep pushups
4.Forearm/calves/core
5. Legs
6. Usually i event train. logs/farmers/yoke/stones/tires/slams etc

animal supps
animal pak
flex
somtimes a rotation of mstak and stak

whey and some additional bcaa/glutamine for hard training days

cant hurt my feelings fellas im always open for comments, or a hint/tip on how to get better thanks for the time and keep PUMPIN

TheWizzle
02-14-11, 5:06 pm
guess i didnt say why i was posting. i been on this diet for about a month and training high rep high intensity for a month. 265 at 10% bodyfat is what im looking for. Is the diet good for that?

C.Coronato
02-14-11, 5:15 pm
First, damn impressive numbers you got there my man, thats insane.

Hard to say exactly what you will lose, as everyone is different. Are you losing weight slowly with that diet?

TheWizzle
02-14-11, 5:25 pm
i am loosing weight slowly but i cant tell hardly about any mass. my arms have stayed at 20.5'' the hole time. i have not been training for powerlifting so i cant use that as a base because i know im down on all those lifts just from not training that particular way. should i incorporate more fish or more beef

Carrnage
02-15-11, 12:42 am
Hey guys, new to the forum but not the game. Ive been actively competing in strongman up and down the east coast since 09. Played college ball at Mcdaniel. Im in MD. Im 23 and currently weighing 280 at 19%body fat and 6'1''. Ive benched 612(with wrist wraps only) and Deadlifted 735(with a belt) squatted 785. All that is impresive but it is very hard on the body. i started having problems with my ciatic nerve so I lowered the intensity. i dont normally work with anything over my 75-80%1rm. Im kinda considering the bodyuilding path some so i cleaned it up going from 322lbs to 275-280 over the last 4 months. Without any significant strenght lost. So im pleased with that. Please if you have the time take a look at my workout/diet and let me know what to change. Looking to keep strength and lean up a little more maybe go to 265 and be lean.

Nutrition
8am
8 egg whites
1 cup oats
12 oz skim milk
11am
10 oz tuna/salmon
1/2 cup oats or wild rice
tbspn natural pb
preworkout
40g whey
1/2 cup blueberries/blackberries
1 cup turkey/lean beef
1/2 cup wild rice/or oats
16oz skim milk
1 cup turkey/lean beef
1/2 cup wild rice/ or oats
usually cucumber
10pm
Casein w/skim milk

Workout 4 sets of 40 total reps for everything right now
1.Pull day- heavy compounds. All rows, lpd, SLDL,
2.Forearm/calves/core
3.Push day- bench/mp/inclines/ with some flys/ deep pushups
4.Forearm/calves/core
5. Legs
6. Usually i event train. logs/farmers/yoke/stones/tires/slams etc

animal supps
animal pak
flex
somtimes a rotation of mstak and stak

whey and some additional bcaa/glutamine for hard training days

cant hurt my feelings fellas im always open for comments, or a hint/tip on how to get better thanks for the time and keep PUMPIN

do your forearms,calves,core on your heavy training days and just take those days off, more rest, the better!