PDA

View Full Version : My journey to a new me

Carl
02-16-11, 9:46 pm
Well guys,

Here goes nothing. After a long battle of " feeling sorry" for my fat ass and listening to all the negitive bs from everyone saying whats the point, you'll never get to be like that, look at your shape etc. I finally had enough of letting other people thoughts and oppions effect my dreams and goals. I relized that being an ANIMAL is not about big you are, it's about how you push your self and don't give up, doing something about your situation and not just planing on doing something.

So here will be a log of my workouts, diet and suppsa and a few photos of my progress ( A pix say every 12 weeks).
All I ask is for your guys honest imput, All I ask is for serious replys only, not wise ass remarks, unless your your just busting my nuts, in that case I can take a joke like the best of them.

While I'm a big man of 6'1, I'm all belly ( like most fat guys lol) My goal is to get to 225 and have 15% BF and have a basic solid body foundation to build on there.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Here is the info:
Start weight in Jan '11 325, BF 49 %
Diet: South beach type
Supps: Animal Pak, Nitro, Flex, Omega, Cuts and PM: Will add Pump and take away Cuts after breaking 300lbs
Workout routine: 6 days Upper/ Lower split with 3 days cardio.

Starting photo Feb 17 ( coming shortly )

B.S.
02-18-11, 4:59 pm
pushin for you man

gotta lot of hard work ahead of you. lookin forward to this thread

njironaddict
02-21-11, 11:21 pm
Good luck brotha. I'll be lookin forward to seeing your progress for sure!

ToSo
02-22-11, 11:09 am
Looking forward to updates brother. Here's a very effective stack for getting shredded!
Animal Paks: 2 packs daily: with breakfast and dinner
Animal Cuts: 2 packs daily: one in the morning before breakfast and another 30-45minute pre-workout
Animal Nitro: 2 packs daily: one 30minutes before workout and one post-workout

Hopefully this helps brother, keep us posted!

Survivor831
02-22-11, 7:29 pm
Best of luck to you brother.

B.S.
02-22-11, 10:35 pm
Looking forward to updates brother. Here's a very effective stack for getting shredded!
Animal Paks: 2 packs daily: with breakfast and dinner
Animal Cuts: 2 packs daily: one in the morning before breakfast and another 30-45minute pre-workout
Animal Nitro: 2 packs daily: one 30minutes before workout and one post-workout

Hopefully this helps brother, keep us posted!

i would add in omega 1 pack before bed
cuts tends to work better with it imo

Carl
02-23-11, 1:05 pm
What's up guys,

Frist I want to thank every one for thier encouragement and support. These last few days have been preety good for me with reguards to training and diet. Once I get in the groove with everything, I will start posting my diet and workout daily. For now I have been keeping to the old school excersises and have been doing a complete body routine 3 days a week with 35min cardio 3 days a week. I have stayed with the same weight on each excersise for now and keeping an eye on form. Lost 5 lbs, down to 301

Diet wise, been eatting very clean, none of the following: Sait, diet soda, heath junk food " baked lays etc " no white carbs. Been eatting 6-7 meals a day and having a lot of veggies and fruit and drinking about 1 gallon and a half of water.

Here are my numbers as sad as they are lol....for now

BB Seated sholder press: 85lbs

BB Flat chest press: 100lbs

BB Curl 50lbs

BB Close grip: 100lbs

Deadleft: 75lbs

BB Squat: 70lbs

B.S.
02-23-11, 1:19 pm
keep it going man about to break that 300 mark

Survivor831
02-23-11, 1:33 pm
Whether its a one pound loss, a ten pound loss, or a ten pound increase on a lift, they all have one thing in common.......Progress! Keep pressing brother

B.S.
02-23-11, 8:54 pm
lets get that photo up man

Carl
02-24-11, 8:39 am
What up bro's,

I have been thinking it over and at frist I didn't want to put up my starting pix simply becuase of fear of being made fun of, but then after talking to my boy BS, I said screw it and relized that I'm here for me and no one else, ya know. So here are my starting pix at ( I want to say 304-5 ) Now mind you I was about 330 in Nov-Dec'10

Next new pix will be on June 1st

If link doesn't work look for THEBIGALF

BB.COM LINK: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/TH...ction=progress

If this dont keep me motivated, i dont know what will ! Now what I want from you guys is your honest, not cruel imput.

Thanks,**Hangs head, getting ready for the jokes*

Carl

B.S.
02-24-11, 10:41 am
good for you man keep up the hard work
read on on there your below 300 thats sick

Carl
02-24-11, 12:01 pm
good for you man keep up the hard work
read on on there your below 300 thats sick

Yep ! Came in at 299 today ! Still working hard, you know your eatting clean and right when the biggest treat of the day is crystal light lol

Thanks for the rep man !

Preston
02-24-11, 12:10 pm
I sir, too, have been and am in your shoes. I believe that through my successes in the gym, 90% of what is spoken here is such valuable knowledge to someone who openly seeks it. The other 10% is your ass in the gym. For someone who's never done anything like this before this website is one of the best free blessings someone could ever ask for. This forum pushed me from 275 to 143 to having a huge tummy to rock hard abs and veins running through muscles and parts of my body I couldn't even see. I believe you can do this, as the effort sits on your shoulders.

If I may? I would recommend keeping your cuts, and not dropping them. Your Animal Cuts is what is helping your metabolism with the thyroid/thermogenic compounds in the pack. I notice the weight (fat) FLYING off when I'm on either the "old" or "new" version of Animal Cuts.

I'm subbed, buddy. :)

Carl
02-24-11, 12:28 pm
I sir, too, have been and am in your shoes. I believe that through my successes in the gym, 90% of what is spoken here is such valuable knowledge to someone who openly seeks it. The other 10% is your ass in the gym. For someone who's never done anything like this before this website is one of the best free blessings someone could ever ask for. This forum pushed me from 275 to 143 to having a huge tummy to rock hard abs and veins running through muscles and parts of my body I couldn't even see. I believe you can do this, as the effort sits on your shoulders.

If I may? I would recommend keeping your cuts, and not dropping them. Your Animal Cuts is what is helping your metabolism with the thyroid/thermogenic compounds in the pack. I notice the weight (fat) FLYING off when I'm on either the "old" or "new" version of Animal Cuts.

I'm subbed, buddy. :)

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone here and that there are people who were/ are in my shoes. Your story is very encouraging and I thank you for sharing it with me !

Preston
02-24-11, 12:34 pm
I'm glad to know that I'm not alone here and that there are people who were/ are in my shoes. Your story is very encouraging and I thank you for sharing it with me !

You got it man, take it every day at a time planning your text to perfect "the now." Your training is good and your diet is getting better. I'm currently 285 moving my way back down. Great progress Carl, you're doing phenom bro.

B.S.
02-24-11, 2:51 pm
I Agree with preston to a certain point i think you need to do a 3 week on 3 week off repeat with cuts. looking forward to your updates bro

Preston
02-24-11, 2:57 pm
I Agree with preston to a certain point i think you need to do a 3 week on 3 week off repeat with cuts. looking forward to your updates bro

I re-read what I wrote and I totally didn't word that correctly. I always went 3 weeks on - 1 week off for 3 months and then did a full PCT cycle after the 3rd month on. I was off of cuts for almost two years and didn't notice any negative effects from "not" taking it. I don't know to be honest and I can't say because I'm not you, but I figured it was always good to go a month off of them to help spike it my next month. Worked great for a plateu.

Carl
02-24-11, 3:06 pm
Now I'm waiting for both of ya to kill me....Ive been on a 3 cycle ( 3- 3 week cans ) in a row, about to start my 4th.

Carl
02-24-11, 3:11 pm
Now I'm waiting for both of ya to kill me....Ive been on a 3 cycle ( 3- 3 week cans ) in a row, about to start my 4th.

I mean do I really have to cycle them? I know what the directions say put Im sure I'm not the first to do this.

Preston
02-24-11, 3:30 pm
I mean do I really have to cycle them? I know what the directions say put Im sure I'm not the first to do this.

Could it kill you - I don't know. Should you cycle them - yes and here is why. Your body when taking something foreign becomes accustomed to what you're using. For instance, when you hit a plateu - which hopefully you don't but you will, you'll need to change your routine and or diet. What happens is your body does not notice anything new in your system "helping" you as it has now become a normal "substance." Make any sense?

Once your body has become used to you taking Animal Cuts the effects (losing weight, raise in temperature, awesome workouts, water depletion etc) will quickly disappear. The reason for a PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) or a "cycle" is to ween your body off of the supplement as to "shock" it once you start a new cycle.

I hope I've made sense.

B.S.
02-24-11, 5:39 pm
its alright carl i wouldnt do a 4th in a row thats no good man i would take at LEAST 2-3 weeks off before consuming the 4th can

Preston
02-24-11, 6:02 pm
its alright carl i wouldnt do a 4th in a row thats no good man i would take at LEAST 2-3 weeks off before consuming the 4th can

3 months straight... 2-3 weeks off is a great suggestion. I'd heed this Carl.

Carl
02-24-11, 10:14 pm
Thanks guys, I had a feeling I was pushing my luck. I have to admit that seeing the numbers on the scale has been a great factor. I am going finish my last serving this Monday. I'll take 3-4 weeks off and start agian end of March. Thanks guys, as always your advice has been very helpful.....Thank you.

B.S.
02-24-11, 10:18 pm
good call man... good call

looking forward to more updates

Carl
02-24-11, 11:20 pm
A lot of changes have taken place these last few weeks. Some physical but most of the changes have been mental.I have been asked a lot of questions from the guys at work about my new attitude towards my health and body. They seem to think that I'm taking this to serious. They see me every day with my tupperware and gallons of water, taking my supps, dry ass tuna, eggs etc and walking past the donut cart. While they are happy to see me lose some weight, what they can't seem to understand is my mind set. They seem to think that there is no reason to have body builder type of mind set for a person who is just going to the gym to get into shape. I tell them I have the mind set of what it takes me to become what I want to become.

They seem to think I wasting my time if I think that I'll ever compete in a bodybuilding show much less win one before I'm 50, I ask them what should my mind set be? Be that of a person who is going to settle for where is now with ever trying? What sense does that make. It doesn't, trust me I know I've felt sorry for my fat ass for far to long. I quit before I even started.

They see me always reading this forum and mags etc to help learn this new life style. They can't understand that I spend my money on supps and shakes. They say " you really think you'll look like some of these guys on animaI. I
tell them I don't want to look like them, I want to look like me...and yes I will look like them someday ! I ask them why are you concerned with the money I spend on supps etc, would you rather see me spend it on junk food. What sense does that make I ask them. NONE, I ask them to keep their comments to them selves unless they want to start training with me and actully be supportive. They ask me won't you feel bad when you fail? I say I'll feel bad if I failed because I never tired. I tell them I'll make a show before I'm 50 ( Good grief that on 7 years away )

They cant see me for how I now see me...

You see, as funny as this may sound..hell it may not even make sense but it is where I'm at. They may see me as this fat guy trying to be something that not only am I not but changes are will never get to be. I see myself as the person that is already there. My mind set is that of bodybuilder, when I go to the gym I see myself as person who is on a mission, that mission is to simply beat failure. To me every day that I train is one more day that failure fails. It's one more day that I can look in the mirror and like who I see and be proud of myself. So I realize that what is really upsetting the guys at work is that I'm not giving them any reasons for the fat jokes, what they are upset up is the fact that I'm doing something about for a change. A change for the better.

I owe you guys on this forum a big thank you for this change, it is becuase of the attitude of the animal that makes every one who bust thier ass at the gym to train, no matter what level to be welcomed into this brotherhood..witch we call our home. Thanks

Sorry for the long rant, thanks agian every one !

Carl

B.S.
02-24-11, 11:26 pm
your a mentally strong dude
keep it up

Carl
02-24-11, 11:28 pm
your a mentally strong dude
keep it up

Thank man, I'm taking it on day at a time.

Preston
02-25-11, 11:01 am
I tell them I have the mind set of what it takes me to become what I want to become

Hell yeah my man, keep up the great work and stay focused with a sharp eye on the goal at hand. You are doing great!

B.S.
02-28-11, 12:08 pm
lets get an update bro

Carl
02-28-11, 5:48 pm
Animal cuts, 5 am 30m cardio

Pump & Nitro, 1pm Chest & Tri's

Flat bench
135x10
145x8
155x6
135x failure "7"

Incline bench
135x4
115x10
135x8
150x2:forced negetive

Machine incline chest press

2 sets 45 ex side x 12

Machine flyes
75x10
90x8
105x6

Pec dec
60x10
40x10
20xfailure"20"

Tri pull down
30x10
40x12
50x12
60x4

Reverese pull down
3 sets 20x12

15m HITT cardio

Work out mind set: I had a good work out, funny felt strong on flats, weak on inclines. Tri's had nice pump. All in all my workout couldve been a little better and more sets at same weight , total 60m in gym

Carl
03-01-11, 8:18 pm
AM 30m Cardio, Intermediate

PM Work out, Pump, after Nitro

Shoulder Press
12X65
10X75
8X80
6X90
12X45

Side Raises
12X5
10X10
8X15
6X20
12X15

Front Raises
12X5
10X10
8X15
6X20
12X20

Reverse Flye Machine
12X60
10X75
8X90
6X105
12x60

Barbell Shrugs
12X70
10X70
8X70
6X70

Lying leg lifts
3X10

Weighted side bends( 45lbs each hand )
3X10

My thoughts: Wasn't to happy to wake up to do my cardio, but I did. As far as my workout is concerned, I have to be honest I am not loving the one body part a day type of workout. I feel that I get a better workout do the upper/ lower split. But at the same time I feel like I'm rushing body part when I do that type of split. I will finish this week by doing eack body part and go back to upper/ lower split next week.

As far as my weight, I'm a steady 301-302, with that said I know that while I'm off Cuts I will go up a pound or two, maybe stay steady. As of last month I lost 11lbs. Started Mar at 301, as far as my diet, it is clean and staying on track.

Carl
03-02-11, 8:42 pm
AM 30m Cardio, Nitro

PM Work out
PREWO-Pump
PWO-Nitro

Wide grip pull downs
12x60
10x80
8x90
6x100
12x80

Cable rows/ Vbar
12x60
10x80
8x90
6x100
12x80

T-Bar
12x25
10x25
8x25
6x35
12x35

Hyperextensions
3x12

Upright rows
12x55
10x55
8x55
6x55
12x55

Ez Curls
12x40
10x40
8x40
6x40
12x40

Hammer Curls
12x15
10x15
8x15
6x15
12x15

Then did a failure set of ez curl 20x20

Roman chair crunches
3x10

Thoughts: Was a good work out today, I have been doing the workouts at a circut type speed with very little rest at the begining of the next excersise. Been very aware ofproper form and not to worried about the weight.Bi's had a very good pump, back felt a little sore after the hyper' extns. All in all very pleased.

B.S.
03-02-11, 11:29 pm
well done bro keep at it.
not liking the 6 day split i hear?

Ed Eliason
03-03-11, 12:13 am
A lot of changes have taken place these last few weeks. Some physical but most of the changes have been mental.I have been asked a lot of questions from the guys at work about my new attitude towards my health and body. They seem to think that I'm taking this to serious. They see me every day with my tupperware and gallons of water, taking my supps, dry ass tuna, eggs etc and walking past the donut cart. While they are happy to see me lose some weight, what they can't seem to understand is my mind set. They seem to think that there is no reason to have body builder type of mind set for a person who is just going to the gym to get into shape. I tell them I have the mind set of what it takes me to become what I want to become.

They seem to think I wasting my time if I think that I'll ever compete in a bodybuilding show much less win one before I'm 50, I ask them what should my mind set be? Be that of a person who is going to settle for where is now with ever trying? What sense does that make. It doesn't, trust me I know I've felt sorry for my fat ass for far to long. I quit before I even started.

They see me always reading this forum and mags etc to help learn this new life style. They can't understand that I spend my money on supps and shakes. They say " you really think you'll look like some of these guys on animaI. I
tell them I don't want to look like them, I want to look like me...and yes I will look like them someday ! I ask them why are you concerned with the money I spend on supps etc, would you rather see me spend it on junk food. What sense does that make I ask them. NONE, I ask them to keep their comments to them selves unless they want to start training with me and actully be supportive. They ask me won't you feel bad when you fail? I say I'll feel bad if I failed because I never tired. I tell them I'll make a show before I'm 50 ( Good grief that on 7 years away )

They cant see me for how I now see me...

You see, as funny as this may sound..hell it may not even make sense but it is where I'm at. They may see me as this fat guy trying to be something that not only am I not but changes are will never get to be. I see myself as the person that is already there. My mind set is that of bodybuilder, when I go to the gym I see myself as person who is on a mission, that mission is to simply beat failure. To me every day that I train is one more day that failure fails. It's one more day that I can look in the mirror and like who I see and be proud of myself. So I realize that what is really upsetting the guys at work is that I'm not giving them any reasons for the fat jokes, what they are upset up is the fact that I'm doing something about for a change. A change for the better.

I owe you guys on this forum a big thank you for this change, it is becuase of the attitude of the animal that makes every one who bust thier ass at the gym to train, no matter what level to be welcomed into this brotherhood..witch we call our home. Thanks

Sorry for the long rant, thanks agian every one !

Carl

I like the way you think. You've got your head on straight now. Don't let anybody fool you into thinking you can not achieve anything that you put your mind to. Stay strong and stay focused and your goals will come.

Carl
03-03-11, 8:25 am
Thanks guys!! As far as the 6 day split.....Im not loving it but maybe thats because I'm not used to it. I'll try it agian next week. To make sure I feel the same way. One think is for sure...the cardio in the AM is kicking ass! Back down to 299 ! Want to be at 297 on my next weigh in on Monday. I will take a nother week off cuts making that 2 off total, then hit a cycle agian.

Survivor831
03-03-11, 12:01 pm
Under 300! way to go my man. Take one day at a time and kick its ass. Just dont ever let it kick yours.

Carl
03-03-11, 8:52 pm
AM 30m Cardio, Nitro

PM WO
PREWO: Pump
POWO: Nitro

Machine Preacher curls
12x35
10x40
8x50
6x55
9x40 ( Wanted to do 12..no dice)

Barbell Curl
12x45
10x45
8x55
5x65 ( Again, one shy of 6 )
12x45

Seated curls
12x10
10x10
8x20
6x15
12x15

Tri push down

12x20
10x40
8x60
6x70
12x60

Reverse grip curl

12x20
10x30
8x20
6x30
12x20

Close grip bench press

12xbar
10x55
8x55
6x55
12x55

Thoughts: All in all a good workout, arms are getting a little more defined. My mind wasn't all there today. A little tired today. Didn't want to go today but said SCREW FAILURE, I'll go and knock these arms. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off, plus with things to do with family, will get home late. Saturday is legs !

Carl
03-06-11, 5:31 pm
Squats
8xbar
8x95
8x105
8x115

Leg Exn's(weight on each side)
12x45
10x55
8x65
6x85
12x75

Leg Press
12x180
10x230
8x280
6x330
12x230

Standing Leg Curl
12x20
10x30
8x40
6x50
12x40

Lying Leg Curl
12x20
10x30
8x40
6x50
12x30

Seated Cav raise( weight on each side)
12x45
10x90
8x90
6x90
12x90 at this point cav's really burning

Hanging Bent Leg raise
2x6

Side Weighted bends w/45 lbs
1x20

Waist Turns w/ 25 lbs
1x20

Machine Crunches w/ 10 lbs
2x10

Roman Chair
2x10

Thoughts: Been off for two days so felt well rested and strong. Diet was bad yesterday BUT back on point today !
Still battling with 299-302. Started week at 302 will see where I am at my weight in tommrrow. Hope I lost at least a pound but will be happy for no gian- no loss. Able to do 6 hanging leg raises now, as before could only do 2-3. All is all I feel stronger, squats are my new best friend weight has gone up and I'm able to go lower to the ground. Going to keep doing the old school basics and stick with the cardio in the am and work outs at pm with a six day split.

B.S.
03-06-11, 9:46 pm
good job, glad to hear you got back on the diet after you fell off. slip ups happen to time from time to time

Carl
03-08-11, 9:06 pm
3/7
Am 30m cardio
Pm Upper

Flat bench
15x95
12x105
10x125
8x145
5x150
9x135

Shdr press
15xbar
12x90
4x135
8x135 w/ help from friend

Wide handle pulldown
15x50
12x70
10x90
8x110
6x1208x100

Ez curl
15x20
12x30
10x40
8x50
6x70
12x50

Flat bar push down
15x30
12x50
10x60
8x80
3x90
12x60

Abs
2X10 Roman chair
2x10 Side bends w/ 45
----------------------------------------------------------
3/8
am 40m Cardio
pm Lower

Leg Extn's
12x90
10x140
8x190
6x230
12x200

Leg curl
12x30
10x40
8x50
6x60
12x30

Calves
3x10 @ 90

Abs
3x10 lying leg lifts
3x10 side bends w/45's
3x10 waist twists w/ 45's

Thoughts: I'm still playing between upper/loer and a 6 day split. Both work outs were good and strong. Have been trying to raise the weight without losing the form. I do at time get more weight up but do not meet my rep quotta. My #'s are going up in all excersises, I do have to learn to leave my pride and ego at the door. I find my self trying to out do the other guy who is doing the excesises on arms and am realizing it when I'm not meeting the reps or find my self lossing form just to get the rep.

Diet is right on. Staying with fruit/ vegs and very very very little starchy carbs about one cup of brown/ wild rice or ww pasta. Staying away from ww bread as I find it triggers me to want more starch...go figure.

My next pix will be up in July. I'll keep ya posted.

Ed Eliason
03-09-11, 8:25 pm
Nice work man! The biggest obstacle a person has is his own ego, don't let it get in the way.

Carl
03-09-11, 8:34 pm
PM WO: Upper & Abs

Machine Flyes
15x60
12x75
10x90
8x105
6x120
12x90

Reverse Flyes
15x45
12x60
10x75
8x90
6x105
12x90

Machine Row
15x50
12x70
10x90
8x110
6x90
12x70

BB Curls
15x35
12x45
10x55
8x65
3x75
12x45

Reverse cable pull down
15x20
12x30
10x40
8x30
6x30
12x40

Lying leg lifts

2x10 had to stop got cramp

Thoughts: A solid workout. I didn't do AM cardio due to lack of sleep way to tired to get up. Having a rough time at work, it's got me pretty down and very mentally draining. Fighting to keep working out. Wanted to just go home a pull the covers over my head. It's been one of those weeks and it's going to be like this till April 1st. So I have to keep motivated and on point.

Carl
03-09-11, 8:35 pm
Nice work man! The biggest obstacle a person has is his own ego, don't let it get in the way.

Thanks man !

Carl
03-12-11, 12:24 pm
Well guys another week is done and over. Thank goodness ! Couldn't have come at a better time. This week I have lost 7lbs. Droping from 302. Monday to 295 as of today. This past week as been pretty good as far as workouts are concerned as well as my diet has been on point. I have been feeling tired but my strenth is up. I think it's that early am cardio that is getting to me sometimes and I didn't do it two times this week, which Im a little disapointed in my self for not doing it.

My arms are really sore, to the point of making me think that I may have tore something, so I am taking off weights for the weekend and only doing cardio. I'll see how I feel on Monday. Some good news is that my son, who is turning 17 wants to join the gym and start training. He is going to start after all his SAT prep classes. My wife also wants to start working out but is to shy too go to the gym, so I'm thinking of getting a blow flex type machine for her so she can work out. I have been training her with some 2 & 5''s and doing the basic movements. She as well is losing weight. We have all but thrown out all the "heathy" junk food, like chips etc. We keep it for my son, who can afford to gain some weight.

All in all, I along with my family are changing our habbits to a more healthy life style. On that note let me just give my little hot momma a shout out here,it's because of all her help with my meals and understanding that is making my changes better and easier.....THANKS HON!

Ed Eliason
03-12-11, 7:25 pm
Awesome post! Keep up the good work.

Ed Eliason
03-21-11, 7:08 pm
You still alive?

Carl
03-22-11, 9:58 am
Hey guys,

Just a quick update. Due to work schedule this past few days, Ive been way to tired to log workouts. BUT DIET & TRAINING ARE ON POINT !

I'm down to 291 and my BF went down 2 %. I have gone from a 54 waist to a 48-49 in pants, 3X shirt to a 2X. New high # for me: squat135 5 times, Bench 225 1x, BB Curls 75

I will start logging back my wo's this Friday.

Carl
03-23-11, 8:18 am
Relized last night while at gym that I missed counted on my BP lift. It's not 225 it's 185 as my new best.

B.S.
03-27-11, 1:13 pm
doing great bro, keep it up

MRmichael.hooker
03-27-11, 2:21 pm
Bro I am SO STOKED to read this journey. Im gonna add it to my signature so everyone can follow this. You're doing a phenominal job and f__k what ANYONE at your work says. They can ? why you are eating like a bodybuilder, and you can question why they are eating donuts. Keep up the great work man, you've got another follower here. If there is anything I can do to help let me know

B.S.
04-04-11, 1:34 pm
time for an update

B.S.
04-12-11, 3:59 pm
come on carl where are ya at man?

Carl
04-27-11, 10:26 am
It has been way to long since I've lposted my work outs. I'm not going to lie, I was just plain lazy. I figured as long as my workouts and diet were in check...why write it down. Boy was I wrong, writing in my posts every day is what kept me " honest" with myself.

My diet and training have been so so, been struggling with 284 - 287 for most of the month. Sad to say, it's my own dam falut. You get what you put in....right? I realize now that checking these forums and posting is all part of the ingredints that is needed for my success in this long road head witch is my journey.

For those following this journal, sorry for long abstance.

Carl

Ed Eliason
04-27-11, 7:34 pm
Glad your back. Don't lose sight of your goal.

B.S.
04-27-11, 8:06 pm
glad your back, youve got a support team here on animal, doing great man keep it up.

Carl
04-30-11, 9:48 am
Flat Dumbell Press
25X12
35X12
40X12
50X12

Incline Hammer Strength Press
25x12
35x12
40x12
50x12

Incline Dumbell Flyes
25x12
30x12
35x12
40x12

Cable Crossovers
30x12
40x12
50x12
60x12

Alt. Dumbell Curls
25x12
30x12
30x12
30x12

EZ Bar Curls
30x12
40x12
50x12
60x12

Dumbell Preacher Curls
20x12
25x12
30x12
35x12

Hammer Curls
25x12
30x12
35x12
35x12

Seated Leg Raises
4x12

Decline Crunches
4x12

Machine Crunches
4x12

Side Bends
4x12 ex side
4x12

B.S.
04-30-11, 11:29 am
good work bro

Carl
05-03-11, 7:26 am
5/2: Upper Body

Incline Chest Machine w/ plates on each side

12X25
10X35
8X40
6X50
12X45
12X25 Dumbell Flyes

Shoudler Prees Machine w/ plates on each side

12x25
10x35
8x45
6x50
12x35
12x25 Front Lat Raise

Wide Grip Pulldown

12x60
10X80
8X100
6X110
12X80
12X110 Cable Row

Barbell Curl

12x20
10x35
8x45
6x55
12x45
12x25 Hammer Curl

Tri' Pulldown

12x30
10x40
8x60
6x90
12x60
12x20 Reverse Grip Pulldown

5/3: Abs & Cardio

3x15 Hanging Leg Lifts
3x15 Roman Chairs
3x15 Lying Leg Raises
3x15 Side Bends/ 45's
100 Twists e/ side

Cardio 30 min

Ed Eliason
05-03-11, 9:22 am
Fantastic work! Keep it up!

Carl
05-04-11, 7:30 am
Leg Press

12X90
10X180
8X270
6X360
12X270
12X270

Leg Extn's

12X90
10X180
8X230
6X280
12X230
12X230

Standing Leg Curls

12X30
10X40
8X50
6X60
12X70
12X70

Seated Calf Raises

12X90
10X100
8X120
6X140
12X100
12X100

MRmichael.hooker
05-04-11, 7:36 am
Leg Press

12X90
10X180
8X270
6X360
12X270
12X270

Leg Extn's

12X90
10X180
8X230
6X280
12X230
12X230

Standing Leg Curls

12X30
10X40
8X50
6X60
12X70
12X70

Seated Calf Raises

12X90
10X100
8X120
6X140
12X100
12X100

Good job bro. Just askin (not being a dick, Promise lol) you do more weight on the leg extn than leg press?

Carl
05-04-11, 7:42 am
Good job bro. Just askin (not being a dick, Promise lol) you do more weight on the leg extn than leg press?

Usally no, that 6th reps that was new weight and a bit sloppy but got em up none the less.Also, I don't think your being an ass asking a question. Nothing wrong with questions. ;)

MRmichael.hooker
05-04-11, 7:51 am
Usally no, that 6th reps that was new weight and a bit sloppy but got em up none the less.Also, I don't think your being an ass asking a question. Nothing wrong with questions. ;)

gotcha. good workout. when you doin a weight check again?

Bruiser
05-04-11, 7:57 am
Solid leg day bro. Congrats on the weight loss so far. Let us know what you weigh at the next check.

Carl
05-04-11, 8:00 am
gotcha. good workout. when you doin a weight check again?
1st off, any one who quates " Will Farrell" ricky body is aces in my book ! I love your sig ! I weight in every Sunday with my wife.

MRmichael.hooker
05-04-11, 8:20 am
1st off, any one who quates " Will Farrell" ricky body is aces in my book ! I love your sig ! I weight in every Sunday with my wife.

lol thanks man. I thought it would fit. Who has time to be 100% serious all the time anyways? And thats usually what I have my wife do to. Weigh in on Sundays. Good luck, let us know

Carl
05-04-11, 8:52 am
Thanks ! I started weighing in on Sundays with my wife cause she wanted to join weight watchers but wouldn't alone due to fear of being made fun of. So I sad I'll do WW with ya hon and trust me no one is going to make fun of you when I'm behind ya lol.

Carl
05-05-11, 7:50 am
30 Min. Cardio Stair/ Ski Master

3x12 Lying leg lifts
3x12 Hanging leg lifts
3x12 Roman Chair
3x12 Side bends ex side w/ 45's
Twists 100 ex side

Bruiser
05-05-11, 8:35 am
Thanks ! I started weighing in on Sundays with my wife cause she wanted to join weight watchers but wouldn't alone due to fear of being made fun of. So I sad I'll do WW with ya hon and trust me no one is going to make fun of you when I'm behind ya lol.

That's cool that you did that for your wife. There's nothing I wouldn't do for mine. Good luck to the both of you and I hope you reach your goals quickly and maintain them or surpass them.

Carl
05-06-11, 11:48 am
Before I begin I would like to thank every one here on the forums from the staff, pros to every day lifters who have shared their experience and knowledge on the forums. For all my friends here and those on the forums who reply to my posts with encouragement and when needed the friendly kick in the ass….THANK YOU AND YOU ARE APPRICATED!

I know there are far more experienced and known members on here who are in better shape and knowledgeable than myself to give advice and tips and share their experiences. I also know that what I will say here has been posted a hundred times. I also realize that there is no record breaking impressive numbers being lifted or any thing that deserves crazy respect from others. But none the less I would like to share what I’ve learned and more importantly am proud of the changes that have taken place and if any one learns or gets encouraged from this that’s a plus.

Well it’s been a little over three months since I started this journey and I just wanted to take a moment to reflect and share my experience in this new life style that I’m trying live. I’ve learned a lot in this short time and I know I will continue to learn as long as I put forth effort to learn and most importantly put it into practice. While most of the changes that have occurred up to this point have been more on the mental side, I have started to see changes in my body that I’m happy with and know that I am on the right path if I say persistent and dedicated. Consistency is key!

The changes that are physical and that can be seen (some by just me) are the following

I will update my BB.com profile in August for my photos and stats.

My start weight was 324, now is 290. My waist was 54’ now 49/50. I haven’t taken my other measurements as of yet (I will do that some time this weekend) but if I had to guess on my arms and calves from how my shirts/ clothes feel and look, I would say it would be safe to say I had added a quarter of an inch on my arms and calves without being called a liar LOL.

I have gone from a tight 3x tee to a comfy 2x tee (my wife’s favorite part is how my arms look in them, just for that I’m sold ;))

My strength has gone up. Here are my lifts (As I wasn’t always keeping track) the first numbers are start, last are present. While I can lift/ struggle to lift more I count what I can lift for at least 3x by myself.

Bench: 135/ 150
Squat: 90/ 135
Curl: 60/ 70
Shoulder Press: 60/80

The mental changes that happened are more important to me, as I feel that with a better metal state and discipline that will help develop my physical appearance. I’ve learned the following.

First off, you can’t lie to the man in the mirror. You may be able to BS and justify your diet and training to yourself and everyone BUT the mirror tells you the truth if your diet and training isn’t 100%. So quit the BS games and stay on point. With that said, every one slips up, life happens. If you slip up on training or diet just get right back on point from that meal/ workout on.

As far as the scale is concerned, while losing weight is still my top priority, I do not go crazy with the numbers. I go by how my clothes feels and how I look (Not in a vain way). I keep weighing in to just once a week and move on. If dieting right and clean the numbers will go down.

Supplements are not the answer; they are just one of the ingredients needed to HELP with your diet and training. They DON’T do the work for you UNLESS you work. I learned this the hard way with Animal cuts, thinking as long as my cheats were “clean” that gave me a license to over eat. It isn’t! Also keep supplementation simple. Keep it to the basics that are needed to meet your goals. Don’t get caught up with the name battle game of supps. “You need this or you need that” You’ll drive your self crazy. Stick with a good brand and make sure everything else is in check.

Encouragement: Stay encouraged by coming on to the forums, working out with people with the same goals as you.

Now as far as training is concerned, this took me awhile to learn. Your there for you no one else. And while it’s good to use/ set someone up as a point to where you’d like to be down the road, remember your not them. Don’t get caught with what they are doing, do what works for you. Don’t get caught up with the ego game, yes it’s cool “challenge” your friend to some lifts etc but don’t loose sight of why your there.

The most important thing I’ve had to learn is to be patient with my self and realize that this is not going to happen over night. I had to get out of the mind set of I want it now and change to one day at a time.

Again, nothing said here is any thing you haven’t heard and sorry for the long rant but this was said more for me then for others.

Thanks for reading,

Carl

Ed Eliason
05-06-11, 7:52 pm
Very impressive post sir! I actually read the whole thing... hahaha... seriously though your killing it man. Keep up the good work!

B.S.
05-06-11, 9:58 pm
good read bro.. been in since the beginning.. its cool seein the improvements you made props bro

Carl
05-07-11, 10:54 am
Cardio & Abs at home

30m Light , treadmill

50 Bends ex side
50 Twists ex side
50 lying leg lifts
50 lying bent knees

P Diesel
05-07-11, 11:09 am
in ur the right place brother...ull never be more motivated, supported and encouraged by the brotherhood we have forged here at animal. i wish u the best

Bruiser
05-07-11, 11:22 am
I'm proud of you and your journey bro. You've accomplished a lot and it sounds like you're happy with the results. And you hit the nail on the head when you said to go by the way you feel and how your clothes fit instead of the scale. That's important. How much you lift isn't. You do what you can and the numbers will get there when time is ready. Hell, I benched for the first time in 3 1/2 years the other day. All I benched was 100 lbs. I didn't have a spotter and I only have 140 lbs in plates. But I'm still sore as hell and proud of what I did. It's nice to know there are other guys like me on here. keep up the hard work.

Carl
05-08-11, 2:10 pm
Ok guys, starting tomorrow I will be doing a 12 week challenge for my self so I took all new pix, measurements and goals .I will be posting here everyday for the 12 weeks. If ya want to see the pix, just click " My Journey" in my sig.

The changes are not that great but better then when I started lol. Any who...lets get started !

Carl

Ed Eliason
05-08-11, 2:35 pm
Great progress, I look forward to seeing how much you can improve over the next twelve weeks!

B.S.
05-08-11, 5:04 pm
drastic improvement stomach has tightned up alot bro keep it up

Carl
05-09-11, 6:39 pm
DB Flat Hammer Press
15x25
12x35
10x40
8x45
6x60
12x50(10)

DB Shdr Press
15x15
12x20
10x25(9)
8x25
6x25
12x15

Wide Handle Lat Pulldown
15x60
12x70
10x80
8x90
6x100
12x90

EZ Curl
15x30
12x40
10x60(8)
8x50
6x55
12x40

Rope Cable Pulldown
15X40
12X50
10X40(8)
8X30
6X30
12X30

Had a good focused wo today. It feels good to be back in full swing after taking a few days off. I tired to challege some new weight but and the same time wanted to stay in good form. All in all good solid wo.

Carl
05-10-11, 7:37 am
Hanging leg raise
4x12

Lying leg raise
4x12

Roman chair
4x12

Side bends w/45's each side
4x12 each side

Twists
4x12 each side

Cable crunches w/50lbs
4x12

30m Cardio

I added another excersise to my abs routine, these 12 weeks I really want to pay attention to my abs. I want to really try and stay clean and honest on my diet and see where my efforts take me this time around. After this week I'm taking 2 weeks off cuts and supps, just staying with Pak/ Flex.

Carl
05-11-11, 8:08 pm
Hack squat
90x12, 119x12, 130x12, 90x failure(8)

Leg Extns
90x12, 180x12, 270,x9, 180x failure(14)

Wide stance leg press
180x12, 270x12

Standing leg curls
40x12, 50x12, 60x6, 50x failure(8)

Leg press calf push
90x12, 90x12, 90x12,90x failure(29)

Even though pressed for time and wanted to do at least one 2 more sets for each, still a solid wo for me. Felt strong and pushed though it. Legs are becoming my favorite wo.

Carl
05-12-11, 7:11 am
Hanging leg raises
4x12

Lying leg raises
4x12

Roman chair
4x12

Side bends w/ 45's
4x12 ex side

Chair knee bends
4x12

Twists
100 ex side

30m Stair master

Carl
05-15-11, 2:33 pm
Some basic ab work and cardio to end the week. Adding 30m AM cardio every day startting Monday.

MRmichael.hooker
05-16-11, 7:05 am
Adding 30m AM cardio every day startting Monday. Let us know how that works for ya

Bruiser
05-16-11, 7:15 am
Some basic ab work and cardio to end the week. Adding 30m AM cardio every day startting Monday.

Good idea bro. When I start a cut, or just want to lean out I always start by adding early morning cardio (before I eat or drink ANYTHING). I've always had the best results that way. Let me know how it works for you. Good luck.

Carl
05-16-11, 7:28 am
Thanks guys ! Will do. I was having some good steady weight loss when I was doing am cardio 6 days and pm cardio 3 a week, but truth be told getting up at 4am every morning got the better of me for a while and thats why I had stopped. But relize that I got to do it if I want to get to my goal.

Carl
05-16-11, 7:02 pm
30m AM Tredmilll 3.0/ 1mile

PM WO

Leg Press
180x12
180x12
180x12
190x12
180x12
270x12
270x12
270x12

Standing Ham Curl
40x12
40x12
50x11
50x12
40x11

Leg Extn's
90x15
90x15
140x12
140x12

Hack Squats
90x8
90x8
140x3
140x4
140x4

30m Tredmill 3.0 /1 mile

Good strong workout, nice burn on hams.Goal was to do 10 reps each set on Hack's but just couldnt, hams were dead. So I did each set to failure.

B.S.
05-17-11, 11:42 am
doing great bro

Carl
05-17-11, 8:09 pm
AM 30m cardio

PM WO

Flat DB Press
25x10
35x10
45x10
50x10
60x10

Flat DB Flyes
35x10
35x10

Straight Arm Pullover
35x10
35x10

Rope Extn
40x10
50x10
50x10

Lying Skull Crushers
40x10
40x10
40x10

Two Hand Overhead DB Extn
25x10
35x10
35x10

20m Cardio

Great work out, good burn on tri's. Goal is to DB Press 75 by the end of these 12 weeks. Diet in check

Ed Eliason
05-17-11, 8:14 pm
Great work Carl! Keep it up!

MRmichael.hooker
05-18-11, 5:44 am
How is the am cardio treating you?

Carl
05-18-11, 7:35 am
Thanks guys ! The am cardio is kicking my ass lol, hard getting up at 3:45. It is helping a great deal. Seems to help me keep my diet in check and start the day off in a good mood and sprit.( Expect when I 1st get on and say " Why the F@#k am I up at 3:45 lol)

While my offical weight in is Sunday, as of today I'm down 3lbs. Also started Ripped Fast.

5/18

Am 40m cardio

Pm 30m cardio w/abs* Planed for tonight

Hanging Leg Raises
4x10

Lying Leg Bends
4x10

Ab Machine
4x10

Side Bends w/45's each side
4x10

Twists
100 ex side

Bruiser
05-18-11, 9:44 am
I'm glad the cardio is treating you good. If I've got to do cardio, I like to do it first thing in the morning. It gets me moving for the day and helps kickstart the metabolism. Keep it up bro.

Carl
05-19-11, 10:23 pm
No am cardio due to working late last night and wanted and needed that extra 1hr sleep,

Was cheat meal day with family, chinese take out..... I KNOW I KNOW ( Rest of day was clean and on point)

WO after cheat meal

Wide grip pulldowns
4 sets 100x10

Reverse grip pulldown
4 sets 80x10

Straight arm pull down
4 sets 40x10

V grip cable row
4 sets 100x10

BB Shrugs
4 sets 145x10

DB Curls
4 sets 25x10
3 sets 20x15
3 sets 15x15 ( Last 3 sets no rest between ex set )

DB Hammer curl
2 sets 25x5

Ez Curl
2 sets 35x10

Great workout, good pump..STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP AFTER MEAL, MORE IN THE MIND THAN THE BODY!!! Pissed at my self for it but what is done is done. Tomorrow extra cardio and shoulders and calves.

Carl
05-20-11, 12:36 pm
Off today so wo is in afternoon, calves & cardio will be down tonight.

BB Shdr Press
Bar x 15
75x8
80x8
95x4
100x3
70x fail (8)

Shdr Side Lat Machine
30x12
40x12
50x12
60x12
70x fail (7)

DB Front Lat Raises
15x12
20x12
25x9
25x9
15x fail (11)

Reverse Fly Machine
75x12
90x12
110x8

DB Shrugs
75x15
75x8

Good solid workout, f.elt strong .

Carl
05-21-11, 9:53 am
Today & tomorrow is nothing fancy. Plan old 45m cardio & Abs work. Tomorrow is weigh in and then on to the new week. As I have tried diffrent weekly workout routines since I've started and losing fat and weight is my #1 priority now, it seems that the full body routine works best for me.

I have added NSC to my supps, lets see what happens when added with pump.

I will be trying a full body 5x5 for the next couple of weeks. Here is what I have come up with.

M-W-F:
Am 30m cardio
Pm
Flat bench press, Shoulder press, Wide grip pulldowns, BB curls, Cable pushdowns & Squats

T-T-S-S
Am 30m cardio
Pm 30m cardio with abs & hyperextn's

Should I add/take away some thing? Your thoughts?

Respect,

Carl

MRmichael.hooker
05-23-11, 7:23 am
Today & tomorrow is nothing fancy. Plan old 45m cardio & Abs work. Tomorrow is weigh in and then on to the new week. As I have tried diffrent weekly workout routines since I've started and losing fat and weight is my #1 priority now, it seems that the full body routine works best for me.

I have added NSC to my supps, lets see what happens when added with pump.

I will be trying a full body 5x5 for the next couple of weeks. Here is what I have come up with.

M-W-F:
Am 30m cardio
Pm
Flat bench press, Shoulder press, Wide grip pulldowns, BB curls, Cable pushdowns & Squats

T-T-S-S
Am 30m cardio
Pm 30m cardio with abs & hyperextn's

Should I add/take away some thing? Your thoughts?

Respect,

Carl

If its working, its working and leave it. Only thing I would suggest is maybe changing up the lifts sometimes. Instead of flat bench eveyrtime, maybe alternate it with incline from workout to workout, etc. Or barbell 1 week, then dumbbell. Things like that. How long are your rests between sets?

Bruiser
05-23-11, 7:31 am
If its working, its working and leave it. Only thing I would suggest is maybe changing up the lifts sometimes. Instead of flat bench eveyrtime, maybe alternate it with incline from workout to workout, etc. Or barbell 1 week, then dumbbell. Things like that. How long are your rests between sets?

I agree. Change up your movements occasionaly to keep the body guessing. Also throw in some speed sets since weight loss is your priority. If you're moving quick enough through your workouts with short to no rest periods, it will act like an intense cardio session.

MRmichael.hooker
05-23-11, 7:37 am
I agree. Change up your movements occasionaly to keep the body guessing. Also throw in some speed sets since weight loss is your priority. If you're moving quick enough through your workouts with short to no rest periods, it will act like an intense cardio session.

Yup, which is where I was going with the rest periods. AM cardio, PM Cardio, and a fast paced workout? Your metabolism just won't stop

Carl
05-23-11, 7:59 am
I rest no more then 10-20 sec's IF that bewtween sets. I then rest about 30sec's before the next set of excerises. I guess I'm getting a little bummed becuse I realize that you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. It's one or the other.

MRmichael.hooker
05-23-11, 8:03 am
I rest no more then 10-20 sec's IF that bewtween sets. I then rest about 30sec's before the next set of excerises. I guess I'm getting a little bummed becuse I realize that you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. It's one or the other.

You CAN do both, a lil harder, but the diet has to be 100% on point. Usually, it is a little easier to focus on one at a time for maximum results.

Carl
05-23-11, 6:38 pm
DB flat press
5x60x5

DB shoulder press
5x35x5

Wide handle grip pulldowns
5x120x5

Ez curl
5x70x5

Rope pull downs
5x60x5

Leg press
5x270x5

5-10 sec rest between each set. 30-60 sec rest before new excersise. This was the first time I have done a cb wo like this. I'm used to doing a pyramid type of cb wo, gotta say that this wo felt better. We'll see how it goes. I'll try this for a week or two and see if I like it.

MRmichael.hooker
05-24-11, 5:21 am
We'll see how it goes. I'll try this for a week or two and see if I like it.

Yup, trial and error

B.S.
06-09-11, 4:03 pm
*updates needed*

MRmichael.hooker
06-23-11, 8:35 am
Carl....... hellooooooooooooooooooo...............

Carl
07-08-11, 7:27 am
Hey guys,

Won't bore ya with the details, but I'm back.

Carl
07-14-11, 7:32 am
These last few days have been nothing but cardio and abs. The diet is back in check. Monday back to the weights.

MRmichael.hooker
07-14-11, 7:33 am
These last few days have been nothing but cardio and abs. The diet is back in check. Monday back to the weights.

about time u get back in here!

Carl
07-14-11, 9:19 am
about time u get back in here!
Thanks, nothing like a friendly kick in the ass! :)

Carl
07-18-11, 7:41 am
Hammer Press
4X90

Bench Press
4X185

In. Bench Press
4x135

Fly Mchn

4X110

BB Crul
4x70

EZ Curl
4X70

DB Curl
4X35

Roman Chair
5X10

Hang Leg
5X10

Side Bends w/45's ex side
5X10

Side Twists w/ 25's
100 ex side

B.S.
07-18-11, 9:51 pm
Current weight bro?

Ed Eliason
07-19-11, 12:58 am
Glad to see your back at it Carl.

Carl
07-20-11, 7:57 am
* Correction on 7/18 post, I for got to add the reps, all excersises were 4 sets 10 reps

Currant weight 288.

BB Sdr Press
65x10
65x10
80x10
95x4

FL Raise
4x10x20

SL Raise
4x10x20

Rev. Fly Mech
90X10
90X10
100X10
110X10

2x15 Romain chair

2x15 seated leg bends

2xlying leg bends

Carl
07-25-11, 8:48 am
Good morning,

I wanted to ask you guys a serious question that I'm struggleing with and need some help, but am fearful that it might A. Turn in to a heated debate B. Be against forum rules. So with that in mind I'll ask the question.

After not feeling to hot and not feeling myself, I went to the Dr and had some blood work done.I have just gotten my blood work back and all was good except the Dr said that my test levels were a low and could be why I feel the way that I do.I told him I take a nat.test booster ( ZMA & Stak). He had suguested that I go on Tesim or androgel. He wants to start me off with 5mg. He said I could get them by gel, patch or injected. I told him I do not want to inject any thing and that I would have to think about it.

Realizing that this is a steroid has my wife and Iare a little concerned. I have looked up all the side effects and Has any one here delt/ used this for having the same problem? Did it help you? Should I use it?

AGAIN, I'm not trying to start a steroid debate, just looking for honest answer to a honest question.

Thanks,

Carl

B.S.
07-25-11, 11:54 pm
Good morning,

I wanted to ask you guys a serious question that I'm struggleing with and need some help, but am fearful that it might A. Turn in to a heated debate B. Be against forum rules. So with that in mind I'll ask the question.

After not feeling to hot and not feeling myself, I went to the Dr and had some blood work done.I have just gotten my blood work back and all was good except the Dr said that my test levels were a low and could be why I feel the way that I do.I told him I take a nat.test booster ( ZMA & Stak). He had suguested that I go on Tesim or androgel. He wants to start me off with 5mg. He said I could get them by gel, patch or injected. I told him I do not want to inject any thing and that I would have to think about it.

Realizing that this is a steroid has my wife and Iare a little concerned. I have looked up all the side effects and Has any one here delt/ used this for having the same problem? Did it help you? Should I use it?

AGAIN, I'm not trying to start a steroid debate, just looking for honest answer to a honest question.

Thanks,

Carl

medical issues are different than just openly talking about it, the problem is with these test of saying your testosterone levels are low is there is no really bar set for average male test rates because of the variables on it. ultimatley its going to be your choice... did he say how low or give you a reference point of where you should be?

would i do it if i was you? probably, testosterone plays a huge roll in the body and dont take this the wrong way but for a man at your weight the extra test in your system would help alot not only as a muscle builder but as a mood enhancer and will also motivate you to get in the gym. but with pros there are cons weigh the benefits and decide where you draw the line. just do it for the right reasons.

Carl
07-26-11, 7:11 am
BB Flat bench press
Warm up 12xbar
12x135
10x145
8(6)x165
6(5)175
12x135

In.DB press
12x35
10x40
8x45
6(5)x50

Fly Mach.
12x60
10x75
8x105
6x120
12(9)105

BB Curl
12x45
10x55
8(6)x65
6x55
12x35

DB Curl
12x25
10(6)x35
8x25
6x35
12x25

Inc. DB Curl
12x20
10x15

Carl
07-26-11, 7:17 am
medical issues are different than just openly talking about it, the problem is with these test of saying your testosterone levels are low is there is no really bar set for average male test rates because of the variables on it. ultimatley its going to be your choice... did he say how low or give you a reference point of where you should be?

would i do it if i was you? probably, testosterone plays a huge roll in the body and dont take this the wrong way but for a man at your weight the extra test in your system would help alot not only as a muscle builder but as a mood enhancer and will also motivate you to get in the gym. but with pros there are cons weigh the benefits and decide where you draw the line. just do it for the right reasons.

I hear ya man, I am going to call him and get the #'s of my test and post them. As far as me wanting to do this...yes it's all for the right reasons. I just want to feel better and get heathy.

BTW weight is now 286

Bruiser
07-26-11, 7:26 am
Nice chest and bicep day man. Lots of volume. Good choice on contacting the Dr. Let us know how everything goes and good luck with it man.

Carl
07-27-11, 7:27 am
Vbar Pulldown
12x110
10x120
8x120
6x120
12x100

Vbar Cable row
12x110
10x100
8x100
6x100
12x100

Dead Left
12x135

DB Rows
12x25

Rope Pulldown
12x40
10x50
8x60
6x60
12x40

Strt. Bar Pulldown
12x40
10x50
8x60
6x50
12x40

Hang Leg Rse
3x17

Roman Chr
3x12

Bruiser
07-27-11, 7:33 am
So it looks like there's been no side effects so far. That's a good sign. Nice session man, keep hitting that V-Bar, that's a great piece of equipment right there.

Carl
07-27-11, 7:41 am
So it looks like there's been no side effects so far. That's a good sign. Nice session man, keep hitting that V-Bar, that's a great piece of equipment right there.

Other then a slight headache, then agian could be just a normal headache that you get every so often.

Carl
07-28-11, 11:56 am
BB Sdr Press
12xbar
12x75
10x85
8x95
6x105
12x85

DB F. Raises
12x20
10x25
8x35
6x35
12x35

DB S. Raises
12x20
10x25
8x35
6x35
12x35

BB Shrugs
5 sets
12x125

DB Flyes

5 sets 25x12

W. Curls
3 sets 5x15

Rev W. Curls
3 sets 5x 15

R. Chair
5x15

Weights down to 284, Getting a little stronger in my shdr press

Bruiser
07-28-11, 12:07 pm
Looking real strong man. Glad to see the improvements. Did the headache go away?

Carl
07-28-11, 1:14 pm
Thanks man, I'm trying. The headache went away. The patches are coming loose due to sweat & hair, so I asked the Dr if I could put them on around my calf/ lower leg area, being that I have no hair there. As far as me feeling anything, nothing so far except I feel that I'm getting a better night sleep. I wake up more refreshed. But maybe thats the ZMA?

MRmichael.hooker
07-29-11, 11:29 am
Weights down to 284, Getting a little stronger in my shdr press

very nice bro

Carl
07-30-11, 9:29 am
Squats
3x10x135

Leg Press
3x10x270

Leg Extn
3x10x180

Standing Leg Curls
3x10x50

Leg Press Calv Raise
3x10 toes in
3x10 toes out
3x10 reg

Hanging Leg Lifts
5x15

Hanging Side Bends
5x15 ex side

Rm Chair
5x15

A little summary of the past month or so. The diet has been clean as it's going to be with it being summer and being around kids and family and bbq's. I try to be realistic as well as disiplined as I can with out going nuts. It's hard for me because I'm all all or nothing type of person so being on a diet is very hard. So with that I have been struggling with the same 10 pounds since June. Staying between 290-280.

My waist is a 46 from a 54, I'm a 2xin shirt losse( tight around arms...GOOD THING) from a 3x tight. As far as seeing a diffreance in pictures, not much. Maybe a little more def in my mid section. While I still have a belly, it's tight and not that " water ballon puffy " look as it used to be. My shouders are getting a little more def as well, as well as my tri's. As far as the andropatch, I'm feeling a little more up (no punn) more balanced and in good sprits and a little stronger.

I want to end the summer at 275, but with vacation next week and other family events, I'd be happy to end the summer at a steady 280. While on vaction I plain on being supplement free for 2 weeks and then starting up again with this stack: pak x2, nitro x2, omega x2, NSC, liver/beef , cuts and zma. As far as my routine I will be sticking to the old school basics only, besides abs & cardio. Deads, Bench/ Shdr press and curls for the next two months while on a low carb diet. Lets see how that works.

I'll keep ya posted. Thanks to all of your support !

I will post a new pix up in Jan'12 You guys can be the judge.

Bruiser
07-30-11, 9:37 am
It looks like you're making some great progress so far. If you stay focused that 275 will be easy. When you're in the early stages of weight loss it can be the easiest time to burn a lot of fat!! Whatever you're doing for cardio, double it. When your body is adjusting to a new diet, supps and training it will make the most drastic changes. So help it along by squeezing as much out of this time as possible. Don't get me wrong man, you're doing great. I just wanted to throw that out there for ya. By the way, are you taking any fat burners?

Carl
07-30-11, 9:44 am
I am using cuts as of now and didnt do any cardio this past week. I was working on my strength. I will go back to AM cardio after my wife friend goes back home.( My treadmill is over her baby's room) so it's hard to do 4am cardio that way.

Carl
08-02-11, 7:52 am
Warm up bar x 12
135x5
145x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
**185x1

*Benched a PR yesterday 185 for 3 reps ( 1 by myself and 2 with help ) Not to bad, being that I started out only being able to left 125-35 in Jan. Goal is to get bench 200 by new year.

B.S.
08-02-11, 10:43 am
Warm up bar x 12
135x5
145x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
**185x1

*Benched a PR yesterday 185 for 3 reps ( 1 by myself and 2 with help ) Not to bad, being that I started out only being able to left 125-35 in Jan. Goal is to get bench 200 by new year.

shouldnt be a problem. sounds like a good goal. keep it up bro

Bruiser
08-02-11, 11:06 am
Great improvements man. Congrats on the PR. I'm at the same 1RM as you so we'll have to race to 200 lbs!! It'll be fun to see your progress.

Ed Eliason
08-02-11, 11:47 am
Great job Carl! Keep at it and your reach 200 no problem!

Carl
08-02-11, 2:17 pm
Thanks guys!!

Carl
08-02-11, 7:51 pm
EZ curl
12x50
12x60
12x50
12x50

DB curl
12x25
12x30
12x25

Hammer curl
12x25
12x25
12x25

Bar pulldown
12x60
12x60
12x60

Rope
12x60
12x60
12x60

Reverse pulldown
12x40
12x40
12x40

Good workout, nice pump

Carl
08-24-11, 1:36 pm
Been away on vacation. Back to training tommorow.

MRmichael.hooker
08-24-11, 1:37 pm
Been away on vacation. Back to training tommorow.

awesome. And thanks for turning me back on to PM, i bought a 2nd can lol.

Carl
01-16-12, 9:30 am
Well bro's I'm back after taking some time off due to heart & health problems. Heres to reaching my goals in 2012!

B.S.
01-16-12, 2:30 pm
its about time, welcome back carl and good luck

MRmichael.hooker
01-16-12, 4:21 pm
well bro's i'm back after taking some time off due to heart & health problems. Heres to reaching my goals in 2012!

finally

Carl
01-16-12, 7:31 pm
Frist time in the gym in a long time, started with some easy paced treadmill & some abs. Diet on point.

Ed Eliason
01-16-12, 7:36 pm
Welcome back Carl!

Carl
01-17-12, 11:37 am
Feels good to be getting back into the swing of things. It's been a while since I've hit the weights so today is a basic full body.

Flat chest press
3X125X12

V bar lat pull down
3x100x12

DB Shoulder Press
3x35x12

DB Hammer Curls
3x25x10

Lying down Tri Exn's
3x30x10

Leg Press
3x200x12

Carl
01-18-12, 1:44 pm
60 min. Cardio
Ab work

Carl
08-07-13, 8:51 pm
Hey guys,

No need to bore you with my lame ass pity party story. What can I say. I fell, felt sorry for myself & stayed down for a while. I'm back up and going forward and not looking back. Back to where I started but here's to starting over! Doing it for my self and family, the only two things that matter.

Diet is back in place and just renewed my gym membership been doing cardio for the most part and messing around with the weights since it's been so long since I've trained. Started up with some basic supps from UN, keeping it plain & simple. I'll be back every day with journal. Starting Monday I'll be starting my routine. Stay turned.

Carl
08-08-13, 11:13 am
Plan old 45 min treadmill cardio, 5 X 10 hanging leg lifts, roman chair.

Carl
08-13-13, 9:29 am
Weight 322

Yesterday, complete body

Squats 4x100

Wide pull downs 4x 80

Standing shouder press 4x 65

Eazy curl 4x30

Rope pull downs: 4x60

Nice work out and nice pump for the frist real training in a year. Today cardio and abs.

Carl
08-17-13, 9:17 am
Been a hectic week but made sure to get my work outs in and diet has been clean. Going for physical and bloodwork next week. Going to try to get off high blood pressure medication. Did basic complete body work out with lots cardio. Working with a partner now so it should help with keeping my motivation up.

Carl
08-19-13, 4:55 pm
Off day today, did some cardio and abs , starting a new 12 week. challenge . Gial is is to drop weight, body fat and. go up in weight on my bench. Starting stats will be ported tomorrow.

Carl
08-26-13, 11:19 am
Ok bro's, now that all the hectic summer crap is over, it's time for another 12 week challenage for myself. As before my main goal is to get into shape while losing as much weight as possiable, but this time I'm not stressing it as much, I've learned to accept the fact that I'm a big dude and imbrace it and work on improving it. This time around I will be more diligent and post daily my thoughts and work outs.

Here are my stats ( Will put in to night )

Weight:

BF%:

Neck:

Arms: R: L:

F'arms: R: L:

Waist:

Hams: R: L:

Calves: R: L:

Leg Press: 4x10/270, 3x12/360
Standing hamstring curl: 2x10/40, 3x60/12
Lying hamstring curl: 2x10/40, 3x60/12
Leg extensions: 2x10/90, 2x12/180
Hack squat:2x10/180, 3x12/180

Over all, felt great to hit the weights again with a purpose agian, driving on.