PDA

View Full Version : Animal Instinctual Training Concept

codywallison
02-22-11, 10:36 pm
Not sure if this has already been conceptualized, but it just popped into my head while in psych class, and I thought, what the hell, might as well post it to see what y'all think. What if one was to establish very basic guidelines to build their training split upon; guidelines no more elaborate than what days to train what. For example, lets say that I determine that back day is monday. Then I walk in on monday, and just hit the weights, exercising my back in the truest, instinctive manner possible with regards to everything, including exercises, rep schemes, etc. I train it based completely on how it feels... pumped or not, stressed or not, stimulated or not, and so on. All things considered, this training could go totally chaotic, and amount to nothing, or worse, overtraining, if the lifter was not experienced enough to make the calls necessary of when to stop. But let's say you know what your doing, and you know your body, could this work? Lemme know your thoughts.

B.S.
02-22-11, 10:38 pm
im not quite sure i understood any of that

codywallison
02-22-11, 10:43 pm
im not quite sure i understood any of that

Just walk into the gym knowing what you want to train, but don't use a plan to train it, pick exercises and sets and rep schemes based on how it feels.

B.S.
02-22-11, 11:36 pm
Just walk into the gym knowing what you want to train, but don't use a plan to train it, pick exercises and sets and rep schemes based on how it feels.

so just going in and throwin weights however you want with whatever part that day. many paeople wold say different things i def see better gains when sticking to a pattern but studies show as long as that muscle reaches exhaustion it would grow with proper diet and shit, so whos to say you cant? not me

prowrestler
02-23-11, 1:03 am
Not sure if this has already been conceptualized, but it just popped into my head while in psych class, and I thought, what the hell, might as well post it to see what y'all think. What if one was to establish very basic guidelines to build their training split upon; guidelines no more elaborate than what days to train what. For example, lets say that I determine that back day is monday. Then I walk in on monday, and just hit the weights, exercising my back in the truest, instinctive manner possible with regards to everything, including exercises, rep schemes, etc. I train it based completely on how it feels... pumped or not, stressed or not, stimulated or not, and so on. All things considered, this training could go totally chaotic, and amount to nothing, or worse, overtraining, if the lifter was not experienced enough to make the calls necessary of when to stop. But let's say you know what your doing, and you know your body, could this work? Lemme know your thoughts.

in short stupid.

read the article i posted up called "changing it up" nutt huggers

Carrnage
02-23-11, 1:34 pm

To tell you the truth, thats not stupid as prowrester said, its very mature, and everyone should train that way, thats when youl make the greatest progress of your life. Can you stick to a program and make gains? Yeah prolly, maybe. But training instinctive is the best way to go, as well as eating, and approaching life in general, go as you feel, theres a time and place for "i must stick to this".

RK
02-24-11, 10:02 am
many people i know follow the ideals that your trying to express. i'm on a 6 day split so my training days are always varying from week to week but as far as exercises go i have different lifts / rep schemes / drop sets / weights every session.

The only real basic principle i have with each day is to surround myself with heavy compound movements. Bench/Squat/Deadlift/Over head Press being the main focus but not holding myself to a certain rep scheme or weight.

The key thing is (like you said) knowing when to say when. got to know your body well enough to walk away....this may mean that one back day you only do 15 sets and another you end up doing 20+.

As for what pro wrestler said about the article...i think he interpreted it much differently than I did haha. what i took away from the article is to not jump from one training method to another all the time for example HIT for 2 weeks then try DC for 5 weeks then a traditional 5 day split for a couple weeks. The message i got was to pick something and stick with it until its mastered.

So codywallison, if you haven't tried training like this i would suggest trying it.