PDA

View Full Version : My first expo..

Imjorman
02-25-11, 12:24 am
Hey all this is my first real experience at the expo. I say that because last year I came late Sunday afternoon and barely stayed for two hours. So this will be my first time showing up on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Do you guys hit up other stuff than the Cage or is that really the only thing to do worth while there? I'm from cbus (can't believe I've never gone before last year either hahaha). I was just kinda wondering what people's plans of attack are for the weekend and maybe if anyone wants to run around together while the weekend is going on.

Phil800101
02-25-11, 5:01 am
Hey all this is my first real experience at the expo. I say that because last year I came late Sunday afternoon and barely stayed for two hours. So this will be my first time showing up on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Do you guys hit up other stuff than the Cage or is that really the only thing to do worth while there? I'm from cbus (can't believe I've never gone before last year either hahaha). I was just kinda wondering what people's plans of attack are for the weekend and maybe if anyone wants to run around together while the weekend is going on.

I just posted up a thread with some tips, in case you haven't seen it. There's also a link to a great article in there that Byrd wrote about two years ago covering the same stuff:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35350-Arnold-Expo-Animal-Cage-Survival-Guide

That being said, I normally spend about 95% of my time at The Cage. I do usually take a few trips around the Expo floor to check out what's what, score some samples, and what not. The best time to do so is early on Friday, because the Expo is at its emptiest and the booths have all their stuff in stock (things do sell out). Saturday the crowds are insane, and Sunday some of the places are all but picked clean. I would definitely hit up The Cage first to get any business there taken care of...VIP pass, buying any swag you want to pick up, etc. The first thing is a bench contest, but there are many of those throughout the weekend. This is an excellent time to peruse the Expo floor and hit up any booths you want to hit. I do believe they hand out a guide when you get your wristband, and that list/map is pretty helpful for finding stuff.

There are a lot of other cool things to check out too, most of them free. Sometimes you need a break from the crowds and want to sit for a minute or whatever, and there is usually stuff like olympic lifiting or powerlifting going on in the rooms off of the main expo hall...normally plenty of chairs, plus it's cool to watch. Again, the open lifting contests at The Cage are a great time to break away from The Cage and check stuff out, that is unless you're competing or watching, and they can be pretty fun to watch.

But yeah, there are some things outside of The Cage that are worth checking out, but The Cage really is the place to be, hands down.

Jay
02-25-11, 6:21 am
The first experience at the expo is like walking into a toy store for the first time when you were younger. It's overwhelming. Out of all the booths there, Animal is by far superior, although I like to walk around and see the other stuff.

Universal Rep
02-25-11, 10:13 am

Many of the fellas stay in The Cage all day and in The Box, which is reserved for the most loyal fans.

Advice... Make sure ya wear an Animal t-shirt all the days ya go and download and fill this out... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...ket-to-The-Box

This will get you in the special Box area...

Imjorman
02-25-11, 10:29 am
Many of the fellas stay in The Cage all day and in The Box, which is reserved for the most loyal fans.

Advice... Make sure ya wear an Animal t-shirt all the days ya go and download and fill this out... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...ket-to-The-Box

This will get you in the special Box area...

Already got it bro! Yeah I was thinking the cage would be the place to be, especially since I'll be at the expo for 2 days by myself. If I remember correctly, doesn't Animal also have the biggest booth? LIke in comparison to other stuff last year, its frickin huge!

Universal Rep
02-25-11, 10:31 am
Already got it bro! Yeah I was thinking the cage would be the place to be, especially since I'll be at the expo for 2 days by myself. If I remember correctly, doesn't Animal also have the biggest booth? LIke in comparison to other stuff last year, its frickin huge!

All aisles lead to The Cage... Many try to imitate it, but there's only one original...

Imjorman
02-25-11, 11:11 am
All aisles lead to The Cage... Many try to imitate it, but there's only one original...

Nice bro. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited to get out there.

Universal Rep
02-25-11, 11:14 am
Nice bro. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited to get out there.

Some great advice here... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35350-Arnold-Expo-Animal-Cage-Survival-Guide

Mr. Dead
02-25-11, 2:42 pm
Just be ready for sensory overload... My 1st Cage, was last year, and it was nearly impossible to take in all of the sights and sounds... However... DEFINITELY make sure you use the restroom, beforehand... It took roughly 25 minutes each way, to get to the bathroom... And, the smell of those bathrooms is enough to kill...

Imjorman
02-25-11, 3:22 pm
Just be ready for sensory overload... My 1st Cage, was last year, and it was nearly impossible to take in all of the sights and sounds... However... DEFINITELY make sure you use the restroom, beforehand... It took roughly 25 minutes each way, to get to the bathroom... And, the smell of those bathrooms is enough to kill...

That's pretty good advice LOL. Yeah I heard its frickin nuts in there. I went late sunday afternoon and thought it was packed, but my buddy said they didn't really have half the people that were there friday and saturday.