PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster Garbage

RENFRO
02-27-11, 4:38 pm
Has anyone else used ticketmaster to get their expo tickets? All I wanted was a 1 Day expo pass, and I figured ticketmaster would let me just print off the ticket...but this thing is trying to charge delivery and other charges adding up to $35 for one freaking ticket! I didn't want to fight the crowd and lines, but I'd much rather buy at the door for $15...unless I'm missing something? There was no "print my ticket" option to be seen anywhere...

RENFRO

conjugalburns
02-27-11, 4:43 pm
Has anyone else used ticketmaster to get their expo tickets? All I wanted was a 1 Day expo pass, and I figured ticketmaster would let me just print off the ticket...but this thing is trying to charge delivery and other charges adding up to $35 for one freaking ticket! I didn't want to fight the crowd and lines, but I'd much rather buy at the door for $15...unless I'm missing something? There was no "print my ticket" option to be seen anywhere...

RENFRO

you can't pick them up there either?

RENFRO
02-27-11, 4:50 pm
I think that might have been an option, but the point of me buying online was to just be able to walk straight in with my ticket in hand. I'll quit bitching. Just seeing if I had missed something. I'll probably just try to get there really early Saturday to buy at the door. I'm only about 40 minutes outside of Columbus.

RENFRO

conjugalburns
02-27-11, 5:46 pm
I think that might have been an option, but the point of me buying online was to just be able to walk straight in with my ticket in hand. I'll quit bitching. Just seeing if I had missed something. I'll probably just try to get there really early Saturday to buy at the door. I'm only about 40 minutes outside of Columbus.

RENFRO

Yeah I hear what you're saying man. I feel that ticketmaster always charges way too much anyways

Imjorman
02-27-11, 6:04 pm

RENFRO

Nah you didn't miss anything bro. I'm from columbus but go to school in Mount Vernon so I was thinking, "Man I print them off and don't have to stand in line Friday afternoon", but nope will call is the best option. I'm not about to pay 5 bucks on the tickets to have them sent here. I'm gonna have to stand in line anyways..

RedlegDbell
02-27-11, 6:36 pm
FYI, Last year there was an info table inside the doors where the shuttles drop people off. My brother and I bought ours there. Then we just headed down the steps and waited for the expo to open. Not sure they'll be selling them there again this year but it's worth trying.

smoothballer
02-27-11, 8:04 pm

RENFRO

Nope you didn't miss anything. I ran into the same issue last week. I expected a print now option but nope. I did the $3 option to pick-up at Ticketmaster. I ordered a few 3-day passes for me, my bro, and my buddy and it was only one $3 charge so a buck a piece wasn't bad. There was the will call option for free but you never know what kind of crowds you are gonna run into there.

FYI, Last year there was an info table inside the doors where the shuttles drop people off. My brother and I bought ours there. Then we just headed down the steps and waited for the expo to open. Not sure they'll be selling them there again this year but it's worth trying.

That's what we used to do, but this year there is a difference between the door price ($15) and the ticketmaster price ($10 + fee bullshit). It was not this way in years past.

RENFRO
02-27-11, 9:08 pm
ah, oh well. What time would guys recommend actually being in the line on saturday morning? I want to plan in advance for the short trip + parking...

RENFRO

Phil800101
02-28-11, 2:09 am
I think they do sell tickets at the wrist-band places now. Cuts down on the lines. As was said, at the space where the shuttles drop off (in between expo hall and hotel) there is a big info booth/wristband exchange/ticket kiosk. Takes almost no time, better than the lines.