PDA

View Full Version : Workout Name or Nick Name Help

Moreland11
03-02-11, 5:00 pm
When I was in highschool our coach would have us do this 6 week or 8 week program. I can't remember most of the specifics but maybe someone could point me in a direction to this because I saw great gains back then and I would recommend it to my brother who is in highschool.

We would do Bench, Squat, Push Press, Power Clean 3 times a week. At the start of the of the cycle we would get our 1 RM. He had sheets printed out that had your max and reps for that week.

First week would be like 5x10 with weight going up each set. Last set you would need help with the last 3-4 unless you were selling yourself short and using the wrong 1RM

Second week would be 1x10 , 4x 8
Third week 1x10 , 1x8 , 4x6
Fourth week 1x10 , 1x8 ,1x6 , 3x5

Or something like that. Has anyone seen something familiar or know what it is called? I just remember by the time you hit week 8 you were doing your previous 1 RM on one of the x5 reps.

Another reason we probably saw results is he kept a fridge full of Milk, Wheat bread and PB&J for everyone to down right after our lifts.

Cstlfx
03-02-11, 10:37 pm
Hmmm, I dont think this answer is right, but it kind of reminds me of BFS (Bigger, Faster, Stronger). I did that in high school with the rep rotation.

Did you do plyometrics with it? Like Box jumps, standing long jumps, etc.

BCent
03-02-11, 11:02 pm
I do some coaching HS football, we have our kids doing BFS.... sounds similar but not the same thing. God i remember when I was doing that i thought it was the best thing ever constantly seeing improvement. And those plyos- shit those were a killer. Now if only my coach didnt retire and i could get someone there now to start the plyos again... maybe they'd win more games

Moreland11
03-03-11, 8:55 am
Yes we did poly's with this workout be it box jumps, standing long jump , scissor jumps and cone drills. It was a great condition. You got much better your position without ever putting on pads.

I'm really disappointing at the strength and conditioning going on at the school my brother plays at now. I'd love to have a opportunity to work with those guys on this stuff and it would help their team out a great deal since the strength and conditioning is pretty much non existent. Also wouldn't mind doing the drills and workouts with them lol still a kid at heart I guess.