PDA

View Full Version : is this forum dying?!

ronnie
03-03-11, 12:36 am
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the amount of activity here has slowed down since universalusa.com to started?

Shukin
03-03-11, 7:30 am
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the amount of activity here has slowed down since universalusa.com to started?

It's definitely changed things in here.......

dannynb
03-03-11, 8:52 am
Change is good. I don't think it has slowed down quite that much, but its been the holidays, bad weather has hit hard all over, now the Arnold...many reasons but no worries, this place isn't dieing.

Hercules
03-03-11, 9:50 am
I've actually noticed a lot of new peeps on here since the introduction of Animal Rage. There are always those who read/lurk, then there's those of us who post regularly. It's like that on every forum.

Jay
03-03-11, 10:03 am
I dont see a big change either- maybe an increase if anything. Certain sections on the forum have slowed down a bit. For instance the Universal thread activity has decreased, where as the rage section is very active. I log in here and at uusa several times aday.

D-NUTZ
03-03-11, 10:28 am
I have noticed a lot of new posters lately. With all the cage promos, you see a lot of people apply with two or three posts then never to be seen again. If they stay, thats great, its always great adding someone to the family. Its the people who would come here and lurk until there is a promo then post then disappear until the next promo, that we don't need around here. They take away from the ones who want to be here and contribute and become part of the family.

Appollonian
03-03-11, 10:52 am
I can't say anything about traffic because I don't have access to the numbers, but I've always been more in favor of quality of quantity and the Forvm is as high quality as it has ever been, and that's good.

Mr. Dead
03-03-11, 12:48 pm

How can it die, if I'm here...??? *LOL*

wedge
03-03-11, 3:24 pm
I don't think it's dying, but I do think things are slowing down a bit. I've seen some topics covered over on the Universal site (say Planet Fitness ads) and when someone brought it up here, the first or second reply was to talk about it over there, with a link. Just an observation.
Plus, the Forvm's been around for a few years now, so most basic questions are already answered and archived. I, for one, am glad that there are not tons of "new" posts about what diet to get shredded or what to take to get hoooge.

prowrestler
03-06-11, 12:42 am
everything slows down in life..

Machine
03-06-11, 12:04 pm
Your here...I'm here...we're here. At some point we mustn't worry about that droves of people are here or not; just that the content of this forum is vital, relevant, and worth reading.

I love it here.

MACHINE

Mr. Dead
03-06-11, 12:40 pm
Your here...I'm here...we're here. At some point we mustn't worry about that droves of people are here or not; just that the content of this forum is vital, relevant, and worth reading.

I love it here.

MACHINE

Very much agreed...

Imjorman
03-06-11, 12:47 pm

I love it here.

MACHINE

Agreed brother. Also, from a general forum perspective, after so long there are enough threads on a forum to simply answer every question that a person could have. If we want people to search the forum to find answers to questions that have already been answered, then the total number of new threads will drop as well. This is the story of every forum that has had a long and healthy past.

It doesn't mean that the forum is dying, it just means that it is becoming a great resource for people. THreads of questions will decrease but now discussion on different strategies for diet, training etc. More of a "talking shop" rather than "Q and A."

Sprint
03-06-11, 6:55 pm
Agreed brother. Also, from a general forum perspective, after so long there are enough threads on a forum to simply answer every question that a person could have. If we want people to search the forum to find answers to questions that have already been answered, then the total number of new threads will drop as well. This is the story of every forum that has had a long and healthy past.

It doesn't mean that the forum is dying, it just means that it is becoming a great resource for people. THreads of questions will decrease but now discussion on different strategies for diet, training etc. More of a "talking shop" rather than "Q and A."

Absolutely, sometimes talkin about stuff can be enough to get you majorly fired up for the next session, or just bouncing new ideas off each other. Sharing funny stories from the gym, arranging ABC's, getting the latest not necessarily on promo's but new Animal/Universal products.
Im not in the US so can't partake in juicy stuff like promo's or Alpha Testing, but I still feel part of things. Like when we didn't know for sure what Rage was, & U-Rep was being his usual cagey self about revealing too much, he allowed me 1 single question about it, which led to a whole new thread about the wording of said question so that we could squeeze as much out in the single hit we had. That thread had nearly 3,000 views with plenty of contributions, which then fed into the original Rage (then Agent O) thread.

In addition to that kinda stuff, you've got all the Journey's & articles both old & new.
Updates of various pro's careers so far such as House & Ox, updated by the people themselves, & folk given the chance to talk to them, ask them stuff, congratulate them or wish them luck.

If the Forvm's dying, I don't think my computer could handle it being alive.

Imjorman
03-06-11, 6:57 pm
If the Forvm's dying, I don't think my computer could handle it being alive.

Best statement in this whole thread.