PDA

View Full Version : Competition this weekend... but not bodybuilding

KapDADDY
03-03-11, 7:10 pm
whats good guys? i dont post much here, so i thought id let you in a little on who i am.

im 16 years old from chicago, and have been training my ass of for a little over a year now. my daily schedule consists of waking up at 4 am, working out for 1 1/2 hours, school, then 2 hours of wrestling practice after school, then about 45 minutes of cardio, every damn day. now, unlike you guys at all taking in 3000+ calories a day, i take in about 50 calories (somedays i dont eat) the day before and 2 days before a meet to make weight. anways to cut the shit, id like to inform you guys that i have a big competition/tournament whatever you want to call it coming up this weekend... in fact it's the state qualifier for next weekend, which is the national qualifier for the weekend after that. i bust my ass day in and day out for this, and i could use a little motivation here and there, and i know everyone else on this website can use some motivation here and there.

so let's hear it guys, when you have nothing, literally nothing in you to provide you energy... how can i (we) keep it going to take it to the next level, and eliminate the competition?

Imjorman
03-03-11, 10:50 pm
so let's hear it guys, when you have nothing, literally nothing in you to provide you energy... how can i (we) keep it going to take it to the next level, and eliminate the competition?

Hey bro, I was a wrestler in high school and I definately understand your situation. It's not easy busting yourself everyday and maintaining that strict diet. To directly answer your question: Dig down deep. If it were easy everybody would be doing it. You have to mentally place yourself with your hand raised gazing at the crowd. If you want it, you'll achieve it.

However, don't make life so hard on yourself. Maintain your diet better throughout the week rather than 2 days before. Instead of binging the night after a meet (I've been there lol), eat a normal well balanced diet. You can maintain your weight just fine with a diet that doesn't make you cringe and feeling drained. You can do it brother.

Keep us updated on here, and I'm sure other brothers will have some input.

KapDADDY
03-05-11, 9:28 am
thanks man... i really appreciate it, and ill change my diet up. You know how it is, im 14 pounds under my natural body weigth. at times it can be hard to stay focused. my tournmant is tomorrow and ill for sure let you know how it goes... again i appreciate it, thank you