PDA

View Full Version : to all you bitches

Mr.X
03-07-11, 12:37 am
you know who you are, your the one who has made some gains and eats a little and wears the tightest tshirt/vest in the gym, the *** who'd rather look at himself rather than improve himself

shit..at some point maybe we've all been there but what i wanna jaw about is that 'some gains' aint enough, bro you spend all your time in the gym but none in the kitchen? shit your doing yourself a disservice, this game is all about ethic, eating, sleeping stacking heavy ass tear inducing plates onto an already stacked bar and benching more than the combined weight of all the cardio bunnies on the gym roster.

i lurk here every couple o days and there will be some guy saying my lats lag..my biceps arent big fuck bro my advice? EAT TRAIN HEAVY AND WITH FORM ONLY A GOD WOULD BE PLEASE WITH THEN SLEEP THEN? FUCKIN EAT!

diet guys when some body part aint growin increase yo food intake simple as

big rant i know but gotta get it out there

Carrnage
03-07-11, 6:34 pm
Yeah i feel ya!! so many people dont realize the benefits of a huge food intake, but then again id rather see 1 Carrnage in the gym than 10 of them walkin around.

Toro
03-08-11, 9:18 am
What?! You're letting the secret go for free??

OK, now seriously. I can't possibly recall how many times this has been said in the forvm, the information is out there and available for everyone.

The problem in my opinion is that most people don't want it that bad/ are too lazy/ don't have the balls to actually do what it takes to get there.

Bruiser
03-08-11, 9:31 am
This is not a rant... this is scripture. It's easy to spot the guys who will never have the size and mass of a true Animal. Whether it's in a forum, the gym or on the street. They're the ones who when asked about their training only talk about lifting weights. Lifting weights is the easy part. It takes dedication to eat until you almost throw up (or on occasion until you actually throw up) every day. That's what seperates the men from the boys, the bodybuilders from the posers (no pun intended) and most of all, the Animals from the average.

PORTERHOUSE
03-08-11, 9:51 am
haha I like this thread. The gym I'm currently at is next to my college, and it is infested with 165 lbs wifebeaters. There one guy in particular there who thinks he's a monster, but he's 6'2' and weighs 180 lbs, so you do the math. It used to drive me crazy, but at some point i got over it. Its never going to go away, theres always going to be those little punks that are flexing their first bicep in the mirror, but fuck it, let them have there fun. We all know whose really winning.

Phil800101
03-08-11, 11:39 am
It used to drive me crazy, but at some point i got over it. Its never going to go away, theres always going to be those little punks that are flexing their first bicep in the mirror, but fuck it, let them have there fun. We all know whose really winning.

Bingo.

LegendKillerJosh
03-08-11, 3:33 pm
To the original poster of the thread, I have some agreements and disagreements. I myself am I guy who wants to be the strongest and baddest guy in my gym and lift some jaw-dropping weights. But that isn't everyones goal. In fact, it's probably a very small minority. Most of the people in the gym are their just to improve their fitness or get more defined or just look good for high school girls or playing beach volleyball. Most people see a pro bodybuilder or a powerlifter and think they are disgusting. Most of the people on this forum want to be the biggest and best but we are a small percentage of the population. Most of the people who go to gyms are their just to get leaner or pump up their biceps or are chicks who wear a tiny tanktop to show their titties and tease guys. Most of them don't want to deadlift 1,000 pounds or get 30 inch quads. Is it annoying when they are using a squat rack for an hour to curl when you need it to squat? yes. But unfortunately they pay to use the gym and have the same rights as you.

charlievanriper
03-08-11, 3:35 pm
haha I like this thread. The gym I'm currently at is next to my college, and it is infested with 165 lbs wifebeaters. There one guy in particular there who thinks he's a monster, but he's 6'2' and weighs 180 lbs, so you do the math. It used to drive me crazy, but at some point i got over it. Its never going to go away, theres always going to be those little punks that are flexing their first bicep in the mirror, but fuck it, let them have there fun. We all know whose really winning.

lol yep

LegendKillerJosh
03-08-11, 3:36 pm
This is not a rant... this is scripture. It's easy to spot the guys who will never have the size and mass of a true Animal. Whether it's in a forum, the gym or on the street. They're the ones who when asked about their training only talk about lifting weights. Lifting weights is the easy part. It takes dedication to eat until you almost throw up (or on occasion until you actually throw up) every day. That's what seperates the men from the boys, the bodybuilders from the posers (no pun intended) and most of all, the Animals from the average.

Animals are a small percentage of people for a reason. Most people don't want to be big and freaky or want to be a pro bodybuilder/powerlifter. They just want to be fit.

Phil800101
03-08-11, 5:16 pm
To the original poster of the thread, I have some agreements and disagreements. I myself am I guy who wants to be the strongest and baddest guy in my gym and lift some jaw-dropping weights. But that isn't everyones goal. In fact, it's probably a very small minority. Most of the people in the gym are their just to improve their fitness or get more defined or just look good for high school girls or playing beach volleyball. Most people see a pro bodybuilder or a powerlifter and think they are disgusting. Most of the people on this forum want to be the biggest and best but we are a small percentage of the population. Most of the people who go to gyms are their just to get leaner or pump up their biceps or are chicks who wear a tiny tanktop to show their titties and tease guys. Most of them don't want to deadlift 1,000 pounds or get 30 inch quads. Is it annoying when they are using a squat rack for an hour to curl when you need it to squat? yes. But unfortunately they pay to use the gym and have the same rights as you.

Right on bro.

Bruiser
03-08-11, 6:56 pm
Animals are a small percentage of people for a reason. Most people don't want to be big and freaky or want to be a pro bodybuilder/powerlifter. They just want to be fit.

You're right, most people don't want to be big and freaky, but what I'm referring to (as I think a lot of people here are) is the ones that say they want to be huge, but won't put in the work, or just lift but are afraid to eat, etc. I usually have no problem giving advice when asked for it, and sometimes when I'm not asked, so I know how annoying it is to see people ask for it and then blatantly refuse to listen.

Machine
03-08-11, 8:45 pm
Its not that I have any problem with folks laying down some abrasive truth; God knows I love to go against the grain of conventional wisdom. But as I have gotten older...and been through a lot of shit along the way...you just realize that there is only so much energy floating around out there; you realize that you cannot waste it allowing a pantspuppet to get your Irish up. At some point, after you've moved a certain amount of steel, slid all over the fucking scale, competed and dieted your ass off...you get the thousand yard stare.

All of this shit goes on around me just as it goes on around you...I must be honest though it goes on a lot less around me than it does most people...but you learn to steal the energy from the weight room. I say that all the time and people just slough me off but this is a very real phenomenon...you must take that instututional energy and use to fuel your own plan of attack...remember.

"Know your enemy as you know yourself.In war, let your objective be victory and not lengthy campaign. Avoid prolonged warfare. Invade your enemy's resources, for 1 quota of his provisions is equivalent to 20 of our own. Use your enemy's strength to augment your own." - Sun Tzu

MACHINE

Lowdown5
03-08-11, 8:57 pm
you know who you are, your the one who has made some gains and eats a little and wears the tightest tshirt/vest in the gym, the *** who'd rather look at himself rather than improve himself

shit..at some point maybe we've all been there but what i wanna jaw about is that 'some gains' aint enough, bro you spend all your time in the gym but none in the kitchen? shit your doing yourself a disservice, this game is all about ethic, eating, sleeping stacking heavy ass tear inducing plates onto an already stacked bar and benching more than the combined weight of all the cardio bunnies on the gym roster.

i lurk here every couple o days and there will be some guy saying my lats lag..my biceps arent big fuck bro my advice? EAT TRAIN HEAVY AND WITH FORM ONLY A GOD WOULD BE PLEASE WITH THEN SLEEP THEN? FUCKIN EAT!

Its been put out there a 1,000,000 times Bro, it ain't nothing new. Getting folks to listen, that's the hard part.

Scripture? It is nothing of the sort. It's about choice, some make it and some don't. Who gives a fuck if others don't listen. The only one you need be concerned with is you. Fuck all those other folks.

LKJ, now this cat gets it.

Lowdown5
03-08-11, 8:58 pm
Its not that I have any problem with folks laying down some abrasive truth; God knows I love to go against the grain of conventional wisdom. But as I have gotten older...and been through a lot of shit along the way...you just realize that there is only so much energy floating around out there; you realize that you cannot waste it allowing a pantspuppet to get your Irish up. At some point, after you've moved a certain amount of steel, slid all over the fucking scale, competed and dieted your ass off...you get the thousand yard stare.

All of this shit goes on around me just as it goes on around you...I must be honest though it goes on a lot less around me than it does most people...but you learn to steal the energy from the weight room. I say that all the time and people just slough me off but this is a very real phenomenon...you must take that instututional energy and use to fuel your own plan of attack...remember.

"Know your enemy as you know yourself.In war, let your objective be victory and not lengthy campaign. Avoid prolonged warfare. Invade your enemy's resources, for 1 quota of his provisions is equivalent to 20 of our own. Use your enemy's strength to augment your own." - Sun Tzu

MACHINE

Wisdom my friends, there it is.

Mr.X
03-08-11, 11:42 pm

nice reply but maybe i didnt make myself clear, the guys i see who are the poser THINK they are monsters (esp. after benchin 185lbs with shit form), they WANT to be monsters, screaming and yelling as they curl 25lbs or deadlift 200lbs, these retards are what we all wanna be but dont get me wrong i aint hatin or losing sleep/engery over these guys because fact is when i throw up heavy weight with strict ass form and only sweat drippin down as an indicator of stress/strength on my part and they just standing around trying hard not to stare it makes my day

hate the skinny bitches? hell no! i love 'em! side by side you see there ego shrink faster than their daily protein shake.

hell if you a beast and you pose or whatever then props to you bro but not when your a buck 80 with as much muscle as you have fat saggin from yo ass

Back To Basics
03-09-11, 7:07 am
I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying, and I agree with machine a lot on this one and porterhouse - I'm doing a diploma in fitness and my campus gym is infested with dickheads that load plates on the bar and try to look hard and they look around to see who's watching and they can't even do proper reps, in the first two weeks I was going fucking insane I wanted to throw some barbells at them when I saw that shit - Now, I don't even bother thinking about it - In this game we already have a full plate of shit to think about and spend our energy on and not stressing because some jack off can't do a squat to save his life... At the end of the day we just have to keep our heads down and deal with this shit, because you know theres no better feeling than an empty friday night gym and your deadlifting, your body is pinned to the floor and you can't breath - you know others are out there fucking there heads off on booze and your chasing your dreams. I'm humbled and thank full that most of us have the drive to take control of our own lives and just do what we need, no peer pressure - No shitty friends, just you.

korinek00
03-09-11, 7:50 am
I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying, and I agree with machine a lot on this one and porterhouse - I'm doing a diploma in fitness and my campus gym is infested with dickheads that load plates on the bar and try to look hard and they look around to see who's watching and they can't even do proper reps, in the first two weeks I was going fucking insane I wanted to throw some barbells at them when I saw that shit - Now, I don't even bother thinking about it - In this game we already have a full plate of shit to think about and spend our energy on and not stressing because some jack off can't do a squat to save his life... At the end of the day we just have to keep our heads down and deal with this shit, because you know theres no better feeling than an empty friday night gym and your deadlifting, your body is pinned to the floor and you can't breath - you know others are out there fucking there heads off on booze and your chasing your dreams. I'm humbled and thank full that most of us have the drive to take control of our own lives and just do what we need, no peer pressure - No shitty friends, just you.

Well said. It used to bother me too, I'd let them get to me. Who cares if they think they're a monster? Put your time in, take care of business, and do YOU. If you look down upon and scorn/hate them, I believe you've lost the battle, boosting up your own ego and belittling their training style doesn't solve anything, but rather, creates a host of problems. Who are you to judge?

So, next time you see them, instead of frowning and getting pissed, blah,blah blah, crack a smile. With family, friends, school, job, dreams, diet, etc. - appreciate this little time you've set aside to train your body. And, rather than building a brick wall between yourself and them, setting up limits, open yourself up to the infinite possibilities. Who knows? One of them could become a great friend/ally/training partner one day.

IronWilson
03-09-11, 1:36 pm
It might not be what you agree with, but they are doing what they want, and you are doing what you want. SO what is the problem?

Somewhere on the internet, I guarantee there is a thread that says something along the lines of: "Theres this asshole that deadlifts 500 pounds and makes a lot of noise when he's lifting. Where is getting so big gonna get him in life?" And everyone on that particular forum is agreeing and burning what we would consider to be "scripture." They could argue that lifting this much will only cause injury over time and that the only benefit we get is girls, because most of us will never even step on stage. To them, we are just wasting our time.

So if they are not bothering you, let them do it. The meaning of life is happiness, and if doing this is what makes you happy, who's to stop you? If some guy wants to only train his biceps, let him. Maybe he looks ridiculous to you, but if it is what he wants there is nothing you can do or say. Not everyone can or wants to be a bodybuilder.

Some people might argue that you are just spinning you wheels trying to get as big as possible without at least a minor cycle of steroids. While it might not be any of our truths on this forum, believe me, people out there are like that. Does that mean you are wrong? Not at all. And it is not affecting you that this guy is on a bunch of junk, so you don't care right? It's the same thing.

You perception of happiness is what guides you, and not everyone can share the same mentality.

Cellardweller
03-09-11, 2:01 pm
Here's a great G Deisel quote from Wheels of Steel vol 1.

"you are all alone. An island unto itself. You don’t hear or see the others, the weak ones, drifting around you. You are made of sterner stuff. These people begrudge you for being all that they will never be. If you looked, you would see it in their eyes. Their resentment is fuel for the machine you want to become. So focus on the iron. Build."

Phil800101
03-09-11, 2:28 pm
It might not be what you agree with, but they are doing what they want, and you are doing what you want. SO what is the problem?

Somewhere on the internet, I guarantee there is a thread that says something along the lines of: "Theres this asshole that deadlifts 500 pounds and makes a lot of noise when he's lifting. Where is getting so big gonna get him in life?" And everyone on that particular forum is agreeing and burning what we would consider to be "scripture." They could argue that lifting this much will only cause injury over time and that the only benefit we get is girls, because most of us will never even step on stage. To them, we are just wasting our time.

So if they are not bothering you, let them do it. The meaning of life is happiness, and if doing this is what makes you happy, who's to stop you? If some guy wants to only train his biceps, let him. Maybe he looks ridiculous to you, but if it is what he wants there is nothing you can do or say. Not everyone can or wants to be a bodybuilder.

Some people might argue that you are just spinning you wheels trying to get as big as possible without at least a minor cycle of steroids. While it might not be any of our truths on this forum, believe me, people out there are like that. Does that mean you are wrong? Not at all. And it is not affecting you that this guy is on a bunch of junk, so you don't care right? It's the same thing.

You perception of happiness is what guides you, and not everyone can share the same mentality.

Well said brother, well said! It's all relative, and what we think is right or righteous others see as wrong or downright stupid. Sometimes we only see things from our perspective.

I see the stupid shit in the gym as well. I used to get all bent out of shape, but then I grew up and stopped giving a flying fuck.

BarbellManiac
03-09-11, 7:08 pm
What I don't get is, why does the general public find bodybuilders and powerlifters disgusting? You can wear pants that are so fucking skinny that even a 2 year old wouldn't fit in and are found cool among the public. Then again who am I to judge society...

Mr.X
03-09-11, 7:50 pm
What I don't get is, why does the general public find bodybuilders and powerlifters disgusting? You can wear pants that are so fucking skinny that even a 2 year old wouldn't fit in and are found cool among the public. Then again who am I to judge society...

too fuckin true bro bbuilders plifters are a thing to marvel its strength its omega skinny pants on 30 year old men is straight up puke inducing

NJC_Manhattan
03-09-11, 9:09 pm
Live and let live

Phil800101
03-09-11, 9:54 pm
Live and let live

Again, bingo.

Sprint
03-10-11, 11:52 am
I found myself agreeing with most posts in this thread, because I've gone through the whole thing. Used to get pissed at the subject mentioned by the OP. These days when they gather in groups & stare, I take it as a compliment. They're staring because of how I look & I chose this way to look. I break my ass to look like I do (& hopefully like I'm going to look, as like most here, I consider myself to still be under construction) & their behavoir tells me that I'm doing shit right.

Thinking that shit cuts your time between sets right down, let me tell you.

On the outside, I'm focused but friendly & approachable. I take compliments the same as criticism, with modesty & respect.
Inside though, when I see a bunch of people going doing little more than going through the motions & talking on their phones mid-session, I say to myself "Pay attention folks, class is in session & you may just learn something."

Arrogant? Yes. But nobody hears it but me, & I don't let it show. I just use it to help drive me forwards.

Cranky
03-10-11, 4:34 pm
Yeah.The only reason I flex into the mirror for is to tell myself 'Nah,you aint there yet',and keep on pounding away.Great thread.

Sprint
03-10-11, 5:27 pm
Yeah.The only reason I flex into the mirror for is to tell myself 'Nah,you aint there yet',and keep on pounding away.Great thread.

X2 right there.

People say "you're vain, looking in the mirror showing off what you've got."

"Erm, no actually I'm looking in the mirror to see what I havn't got, and need to add."

LegendKillerJosh
03-10-11, 7:57 pm
X2 right there.

People say "you're vain, looking in the mirror showing off what you've got."

"Erm, no actually I'm looking in the mirror to see what I havn't got, and need to add."

Let's bring some pumping iron quotes from Arnold to this thread:

"Some people look at us bodybuilders and think it's kind of strange what were doing, but those are the people who don't know a lot about it. It's no different than getting into a car, and trying to go the 1/4 mile in 5 seconds, that for me is strange."

And for the post above this one-
Interviewer - "Do you think of yourself as a sculptor?"
Arnold - "Yes, the good bodybuilders think of themselves like a sculpture. Say you look in the mirror and decide you need a little more deltoids, you know a little more shoulders. So what you do then is exercise the deltoids and add the muscles on. Where an artist would just slap on some clay, that's maybe the easy way. But we go through it the hard way, we are doing it on the human body."

Sprint
03-12-11, 8:36 am
Let's bring some pumping iron quotes from Arnold to this thread:

"Some people look at us bodybuilders and think it's kind of strange what were doing, but those are the people who don't know a lot about it. It's no different than getting into a car, and trying to go the 1/4 mile in 5 seconds, that for me is strange."

And for the post above this one-
Interviewer - "Do you think of yourself as a sculptor?"
Arnold - "Yes, the good bodybuilders think of themselves like a sculpture. Say you look in the mirror and decide you need a little more deltoids, you know a little more shoulders. So what you do then is exercise the deltoids and add the muscles on. Where an artist would just slap on some clay, that's maybe the easy way. But we go through it the hard way, we are doing it on the human body."

Just gotta love Arnold. How amazing would it be to have him train you through a session.

G Diesel
03-24-11, 9:15 am
nice reply but maybe i didnt make myself clear, the guys i see who are the poser THINK they are monsters (esp. after benchin 185lbs with shit form), they WANT to be monsters, screaming and yelling as they curl 25lbs or deadlift 200lbs, these retards are what we all wanna be but dont get me wrong i aint hatin or losing sleep/engery over these guys because fact is when i throw up heavy weight with strict ass form and only sweat drippin down as an indicator of stress/strength on my part and they just standing around trying hard not to stare it makes my day

hate the skinny bitches? hell no! i love 'em! side by side you see there ego shrink faster than their daily protein shake.

hell if you a beast and you pose or whatever then props to you bro but not when your a buck 80 with as much muscle as you have fat saggin from yo ass

I get it and I've been there, and all of the same shit has annoyed me over the years (I'm sure I've written and ranted about it all) and perhaps my 32 years on this spinning orb have given me this perspective, but really, who gives a fuck?

There will be a day that comes, I pray, where we're all so busy and consumed by our own pursuits and dreams and lives, and that our moments in the gym will be so precious and our focus so great, that we'll have not the time, nor inclination, nor the negative energy to give 2.5 fucks about what some stranger is doing across the room. And if we ever break our stride to notice or confront such a misguided eager beaver, it will be only to provide insight, encouragement or productive instruction.

Peace, G

hjayss
03-24-11, 9:55 am

so true..like this.....mr x we all feel you on this.....

Aggression
03-24-11, 9:57 am
We've all felt that way at one point or another. Its hard not to. We get consumed in our own journey and look down on those who don't follow a similar path. If the other people around me are not bodybuilding or powerlifting, then what they fuck are they doing in my gym? This way of thinking doesn't help anyone. Next time you see a 180lb muscle-less teenager posing in the mirror, offer up some tips on how to pose better. When you see a weakling bench press 185lbs with terrible form, only to get up and gloat, offer some advice on how to press properly for more chest development. He might expect you to be arrogant/cocky, but if you're sincere in your efforts, it may surprise him enough to actually listen and learn.

I had this group of kids in my old gym. They were young; 16yrs old maybe. They'd come into the gym twice per week just to bench press. The one kid always attempted a heavy single. He'd get up, pace around like a caged lion, get psyched up, and then attempt his weight while his friends taped him. Half the time he'd fail. His form was terrible. He'd bounce the bar off his chest with such force, I'd cringe every time. Instead of talking shit on a forum, I walked over to him and talked about form and how to increase his one-rep max. At that point, its up to him as to whether or not he takes the advice and utilizes it. I'm no pro bodybuilder/powerlifter, nor are my numbers staggeringly high. But I was definitely stronger, bigger, and leaner than him. If I was in his shoes, I'd listen to somebody like me if that situation were reversed. But the best you can do as a person with more knowledge, is to help spread that knowledge to those who are less informed and let them decide to use it or not.

hjayss
03-24-11, 10:02 am
aggression right on the nose too......funny when the old heads looks at me like why lift the weight if you aint gonna do it for a reason...i am 35 years old man please...i had the thoughts of doing one comp b4 i hit 40 but hell its just a feel of accomplishment to lift and stay in shape now,,,,

Big C
03-24-11, 10:55 am
I'm not disagreeing with the OP, but at my age I don't let that shit bother me anymore. Really, what can I do about it? I used to come home furious b/c someone stole my weights or I saw kids dicking around. The anger got me nowhere. Now I go to the gym and put in my time and hard work and find myself helping others in between sets more than I used to. There are guys in there who want to be doing the right thing but don't know how. Not their fault necessarily....just yesterday I helped a guy put together a program somewhat. He was doing every body part, came up to me and asked for advice and was embarrassed when he told me he had only been training 3 months. Hell, we all start somewhere don't we? I was in his shoes at some point back in the day. It feels good to help others as long as they 1) truly want help 2) appreciate it.

My main rule is that I get my work done no matter what..........but if I leave the gym that day and I helped someone or motivated someone - that's the shit that feels good.

G Diesel
03-24-11, 11:11 am
I'm not disagreeing with the OP, but at my age I don't let that shit bother me anymore. Really, what can I do about it? I used to come home furious b/c someone stole my weights or I saw kids dicking around. The anger got me nowhere. Now I go to the gym and put in my time and hard work and find myself helping others in between sets more than I used to. There are guys in there who want to be doing the right thing but don't know how. Not their fault necessarily....just yesterday I helped a guy put together a program somewhat. He was doing every body part, came up to me and asked for advice and was embarrassed when he told me he had only been training 3 months. Hell, we all start somewhere don't we? I was in his shoes at some point back in the day. It feels good to help others as long as they 1) truly want help 2) appreciate it.

My main rule is that I get my work done no matter what..........but if I leave the gym that day and I helped someone or motivated someone - that's the shit that feels good.

Awesome perspective, Big C... Thanks for dropping knowledge.

Peace, G

kc campbell
03-24-11, 4:17 pm
I definitely see where both perspectives come into play and quite honestly I'm not really sure what side of the fence I'm on. But if we all have that 'fuck everyone else' mentality, all we're doing is helping Planet Fitness get more members.

So many of us on here have journeys preaching about going against the status quo and breaking molds. But some unknowingly fit the stereotypical bodybuilder persona. If anyone has ever seen a Branch Warren training video, that dude is fucking off the walls when he works out. Definitely a guy I'd walk up to and ask for a few pointers. Now I'm not trying to bag on him at all but that's what the public envisions us as. So why dont we step outta the box, like Big C, and help a brotha out. That's breaking the mold.

LegendKillerJosh
03-24-11, 4:26 pm
We've all felt that way at one point or another. Its hard not to. We get consumed in our own journey and look down on those who don't follow a similar path. If the other people around me are not bodybuilding or powerlifting, then what they fuck are they doing in my gym? This way of thinking doesn't help anyone. Next time you see a 180lb muscle-less teenager posing in the mirror, offer up some tips on how to pose better. When you see a weakling bench press 185lbs with terrible form, only to get up and gloat, offer some advice on how to press properly for more chest development. He might expect you to be arrogant/cocky, but if you're sincere in your efforts, it may surprise him enough to actually listen and learn.

I had this group of kids in my old gym. They were young; 16yrs old maybe. They'd come into the gym twice per week just to bench press. The one kid always attempted a heavy single. He'd get up, pace around like a caged lion, get psyched up, and then attempt his weight while his friends taped him. Half the time he'd fail. His form was terrible. He'd bounce the bar off his chest with such force, I'd cringe every time. Instead of talking shit on a forum, I walked over to him and talked about form and how to increase his one-rep max. At that point, its up to him as to whether or not he takes the advice and utilizes it. I'm no pro bodybuilder/powerlifter, nor are my numbers staggeringly high. But I was definitely stronger, bigger, and leaner than him. If I was in his shoes, I'd listen to somebody like me if that situation were reversed. But the best you can do as a person with more knowledge, is to help spread that knowledge to those who are less informed and let them decide to use it or not.

I don't know about some of this brother. Sure, whining on a forum about people in your gym who annoy you doesn't do any good, but I know I hate when people try to give me their advice when I didn't ask for it and so I won't do it to anyone else.

I don't care what anyone else is doing as long as it doesn't directly effect me. For instance if some kid comes in everyday just to do arms cause thats all he cares about it and isn't trying to become a serious bodybuilder or lifter that's fine I don't give a shit about him/her. However, if this same chump is using the only good squat cage to do those curls when there is a whole section of bars for that already and I need that cage to squat in, then it is confrontation time.

The fact is not that many people want to be huge like a pro or care about being as strong as a competitive powerlifter. So what, let them be, everybody has a different goal in mind. If someone is doing something stupid in the gym, they obviously aren't serious about their workouts or they would do the time it takes to research a good plan, watch videos and read about how to use proper form, read up on diets designed for gaining muscle and so forth. If they don't care about lifting, I don't care about them, until they obstruct my personal training.

PORTERHOUSE
03-24-11, 5:02 pm
I distanced myself from this thread because I thought it was heading towards another pissing match, but I must say, it's really turned into something of a gem. Several good, humble opinions in here... which is something I think we can all use a dose of from time to time.

Elite
03-24-11, 5:17 pm
I only reach 'Bothered' status if
(1) Someone doesn't re-rack the dumbells
(2) Taps me or talks to me during a set
(3) Hogs a bench/squat rack/power rack, whilst chatting on the phone between sets

Beyond that, i couldn't give a fig what the next guys doing, I'm in there for my betterment and times 'a wasting. By all means, offer a spot, reach out to the guy/s that need help. But beyond that, dont get so caught up in other peeps misgivings, it's a waste of valuable mental energy and focus. Channel your thoughts into making every rep count, grab your shake, then bugger off home for some food.

Also,as prev mentioned on here, we can get so caught up in our own dedication and application to our lifestyle, with training, diet etc, that we forget not everyone wants to be the same. Not every fella wants to be a beast, hit pr's, live the lifestyle most of us here strive for. They may just want to get a toned physique, overcome injury through some rehab resistance training, or just like working out and the rush they get, regardless of the fact they have no structure to it. Just move on...

GUNS
03-28-11, 1:47 am

This is where Animal Rage, and good playlist on an Ipod, and a hat you can pull down over your eyes comes in. Focus, don't let all the masses get under your skin. Well yeah, let them, it makes you better!