PDA

View Full Version : My Cage Experience.

ghost
03-07-11, 8:51 am
Year 4...

This is the 4th year I have been to the Arnold Classic, and man....what a year.

Driving in on thursday, I had to stop and pick up some supplies for the booth, dropped those off to NG and went right to work on some finishing touches in the cage for helping set up.

Thursday night we arrived at Metro Fitness to lift...and what a sight.... Almost 80+% of the gym was Animal Crew. After we destroyed the weights, we went to Mongolian for food. then passsssssed out haha.

Friday. PURE INSANITY.
after a slight mix up at the hotel, i got to the cage and went RIGHT to work, selling shirts, explaining product, making sure the webcam was up and running, making sure the other interns were where we needed them to be.
watching and helping Powerswitch and Dave going rep for rep up to 800+ on deads, was purely amazing. There is a funny story attached to it, but I have to wait and see if we can tell it..hahaha.
I had to run out after that exhibit to help sell and promote at the booth, so i did not get to see much of the HRT exhibit, or Higa's event, which i was sad, as i have great admiration and respect for all 3 of the men in those seminars.
The charity event was a great success for hireheroes.com and we all had some great laughs, and a LOT of weight was slung around.
after running all over the place, i got back in time to help kolb do prep work and spot/board spot for his bench which was pretty impressive! That dude can move some serious weight.
after lifting friday night at metro...i love that gym by the way.. we went to Max N Ermas. Hilarity ensued. I can tell you that our entire round table of 10 were all named Vinny, except Flower. and the 6 orders of cookies were amazing.!!

Saturday morning, the chaos resumes. I got there extra early, because there was a lot of prep work to do for the day..some brief highlights of the day.......... spotting Stan Efferding on incline bench, getting to see Ed Coan again, and the amazing respect and admiration that was abound in the cage during the moment of silence for Nick Winters. I miss that gentle giant so much it hurts.
After our Rage in the Cage event, which it was PACKED by the way, Tiny Meeker decided it was time to scare everyone by working up to benching 1005 for 2 sets.... a double, and a triple. Seriously, who the fuck does that? only Tiny.
The deadlift 500 for reps event was awe inspiring... especially when Hawthorne got up there and, at a bodyweight of 120, destroyed the 500 like it was nothing. after some helping motivation for big Seath, his girlfriend told him that i am, "intense." hahahaha. we had 2 late additions for the event, in the form of Big D, and Hawthorne. The event was a HUGE success and we all had a great time. No matter who won, all of the participants were happy and smiling together at the end.
The National ABC was a HUGE success as well, with over 160 people showing up. Earlier in the day, Henri Skiba had discussed with me, about demonstrating some bench stuff for him in the cage during his event the next day, so i did squats and deadlifts with Ben Rice and Higa Monster. Now, i have never done stiff leg platform deads, and was pretty stoked for hitting triples on 315 raw. we then went over and decided to bug Wrath...who, if you have never met him before, is hilarious. Note to all. Do not take Mstak with the stim, Rage, and drink a monster at 7pm. you wont fall asleep for a while. hahahahahahha.

Sunday. got in and went right to work on setting stuff up and making sure everyone was where they needed to be.... when Skiba and Crew arrived, i found out i was going to be doing Zercher squats and banded deads.... i was definitely good with that, although i was a little sore from the night before. haha. One of the reasons I was demonstrating the way i do banded deadlifts, is because I lift in my basement. Alone. I dont have a cage to tie off my bands to for pulling against... and after a lengthy discussion with T.Kimble and Skiba, they were both looking forward to how it was done... hitting 245 double banded in the cage for 9 was a pretty amazing thing for me. I have worked the cage for, now, 4 years. and this was my first lift in the cage. One thing about Skibas Crew. You will never meet a more dedicated bunch, and more helpful. They are all heart and all love. With Skiba at the helm of that crew, they are sure to destroy any record they go after.
Hoss Cartwright was up next for squats. Big D and Powerswitch decided to work in with him... Powerswitch hitting a 100+lb PR at over 905. and then Hoss hitting over 1000 for reps. seriously awe inspiring.
After our group photo, Ox did his seminar, and if you want someone who knows his shit like no other...you better have been paying attention. because that man knows his shit!
Seath and Rice were up next for benching putting up some big fuckin numbers.
The last pro's v bro's event was SUPPOSED to be House v Big D in a curling half your body weight event...... it TURNED IN TO, C.Coronato, B.Rowe, and The Giant Killer Versus Big D, House, and Vinny "The Lip".. Big D of course stopping on 69...so House figured he would stop at 70. hilarity. pure hilarity.
After that we hung out cleaning up and making sure everything was squared away in the cage and booth..

Some pointed shout outs. Firstly, if I miss anyone, i truly apologize, it was a long weekend haha.
Most important shoutout is to Animal. Seriously. This company has built such a loyal fan base, because of how they understand the customer and respect the customer. There are no other companies that can hold a candle to the Universal/Animal/Sportpharma family.
J-Dawg, NG, Aggression, C.Coronato, Thank you so much for allowing me to help you again this year. You are all truly amazing people and i Love you all and have the utmost respect and gratitude to you all.
Juggernaut, i hope you like the new toaster haha. As always my friend, it was GREAT getting to see you and i cannot wait to hang out again.
Vinny, you did such an amazing job in the cage and, as always, it was truly a pleasure getting to hang out with you brother.
Higa, Rage, Tiny, Seath, BenRice, rev8ball, powerswitch, ragin asian, you are all such truly amazing individuals. Not many people can do the things you do, nor have the heart in doing it. Keep that up, and this sport will live on and strive to great new heights.
Skiba and crew. Honestly. There are not words to describe the familial love and respect I have for you all, and how honored I am to be considered a part of your crew.
All of the interns truly stepped up this weekend and kicked MAJOR ass and for that, I couldn't be happier.
I know there are a lot more of you that i need to personally thank. I will write more later, as i have to get to a meeting.

but i wanted to share a quick description i gave J-Dawg about how Animal/Universal is set above everyone else.
All of the other exhibits, all of the other booths... when people were leaving sunday they would just say bye, and leave...... at the Cage. There were hugs, and kisses, and sadness to see friends and family departing yet again. This company, this forum, is full of people i consider family. I love all of you and cannot wait to see you again soon.!

Loomis
03-07-11, 9:14 am
well said my man.

freighttraindane
03-07-11, 9:21 am
Great write up ghost, it was good seeing you this weekend!

smoothballer
03-07-11, 9:26 am
Amazing write-up my brother. Great to see you again.

Madcat
03-07-11, 9:44 am
Good writeup for sure. Like you stated man, it's family.

Again a huge Thanks to Universal and Animal for doing what they do. We are the only booth that lets the whole family reap the benefits etc. Supplements, microwave, I mean come on, no one does that. One booth tried to give myself and another member a "full serving" of a supplement on the way back from the bathroom yesterday and we looked at each other and walked away. What's the point? We all know Universal and Animal stuff works, and we knew we could get our mid afternoon shake there.

Thank you, it is amazing what you do.

D-NUTZ
03-07-11, 9:47 am
I love your intensity, Rob. Great seeing you and hope to catch you at an ABC soon.

Razor
03-07-11, 10:16 am
Helluva write up brotha.

scals
03-07-11, 10:50 am
Great weekend brother. Remember next I will only accept 3 prong lol.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
03-07-11, 10:54 am
Great post Rob. Pleasure working with you on Friday. Animal really is like one big family, and some of us only see eachother once a year.

HIGA MONSTER
03-07-11, 11:33 am
Yea ghost! Good to see you cuz. Thanks for all the hard work you do in the Cage man.

HIGA MONSTER

Nix0r
03-07-11, 12:14 pm
Always a blast to spend/deal with you for another weekend.

"JUST THE TIP!"

Sief09
03-07-11, 1:17 pm
Have to say first time visiting the cage and it was Amazing. I was blown away by the connection you get when you go inside. National ABC was great too. I got picked to work with Aggression and Razor where I learned more in the hour or two than I have in a long time about lifting. It was a pleasure to be there and I can't wait to get with the family again at another ABC.

Universal Rep
03-07-11, 1:43 pm
Have to say first time visiting the cage and it was Amazing. I was blown away by the connection you get when you go inside. National ABC was great too. I got picked to work with Aggression and Razor where I learned more in the hour or two than I have in a long time about lifting. It was a pleasure to be there and I can't wait to get with the family again at another ABC.

Welcome to the family, S... Glad ya could make it.

Universal Rep
03-07-11, 1:44 pm
Year 4...

but i wanted to share a quick description i gave J-Dawg about how Animal/Universal is set above everyone else.
All of the other exhibits, all of the other booths... when people were leaving sunday they would just say bye, and leave...... at the Cage. There were hugs, and kisses, and sadness to see friends and family departing yet again. This company, this forum, is full of people i consider family. I love all of you and cannot wait to see you again soon.!

I think this says it all brother... The Cage is like one big family re-union every year...

I heard ya got to oversee all the interns. How was that power trip like, eh? Hahahahahaha....

ToSo
03-07-11, 1:53 pm
Great write up! Can't wait for next year.

G Diesel
03-07-11, 1:59 pm
Ghost is a fixture of The Cage... His energy, attitude and enthusiasm makes everyone around him step their game up.

The Animal family is lucky to have him doing his thing at The Cage.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
03-07-11, 2:17 pm
Great writeup Ghost. I can't say it enough but your hard work and passion throughout the weekend is awesome and always appreciated.

naturalguy
03-07-11, 4:18 pm
That was an awesome write up. You have been a big part of the success of The Cage these past few years, you have saved us a few times with some last minute emergencies. It is much appreciated.

I also like the fact that if something goes down I have you on my side lol.

Mr. Dead
03-07-11, 4:47 pm
Uhm... Doesn't sound as exciting, or "eventful", as last year... *LOL*

Jay
03-07-11, 5:06 pm
Sounds like a great time. You and Razor did a fine job with the webcam work too by the way.

ghost
03-07-11, 5:43 pm
thanks guys, it really means a lot that so many of you appreciate my helping.

Nix0r
03-07-11, 6:34 pm
thanks guys, it really means a lot that so many of you appreciate my helping.

Get stuffed.

<3

Mr. Dead
03-07-11, 6:50 pm
Get stuffed.

<3

x2...

Phil800101
03-07-11, 8:51 pm
Great write-up there brother! Another amazing time as always. Sorry again about the mix-up on Friday, that was my bad he was talking about, lol. We'll have to sling some iron soon, especially since I am crossing over to the dark side...

deanna7272
03-07-11, 11:55 pm
Always great seeing you Rob, you amaze me with your energy MAYBE those cans of go go juice helped...lol We never know what yo expect from you, but we do know that WHATEVER it is, you give it your all. Your passion is seen the moment you walk into The Cage...

Just wanted to make sure you feel the appreciation you deserve for your helping hand... Love ya Buddy!!!