PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of a rant

theharjmann
03-07-11, 9:28 am
Right. Before I begin, i am not pointing fingers at anyone, nor am I trying to condemn anyone on any particular forum. I am also a big believer that forums are a major starting point and are VERY helpful for newbie trainers, but a load of silly, unnecessary and overcomplicated issues have got to me over the past few months that people have asked me, friends etc and I feel like saying whats on my mind, so here goes...

Why am i reading posts like..

can i have sauce on my chicken or is it too many bad cals? im bulking but if i eat a little too much will i get fat? should i have oats or can i have toast?

OMG FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!!

people take this way too serious far too damn quick,

sorry to the two posters but clearly some here dont fathom this game is not rocket science, its not like shooting a bow and arrow in a storm at night blindfolded with no arms!!

These insane worrying questions are typical of places where they just simply pay FAR FAR too much attention to guys who spout so much un-needed knowledge, who take too many un-needed supps, to get to goals far in the future, which has been reached by guys who didnt do any of it.

in the 1970s and 1980s guys were bigger than 90% on all worldwide forums and didnt even have certain supps/drugs but guys who are 160lbs are stressing over timings? what the f*ck???

people have come up to other people and said that they are taking this supp, that drug, eating all this protein but they are not growing, yet are still TINY!!

just PLEASE eat some damn nice food where the protein content is good. by good i mean meat, eggs, fish. a decent portion. dont weigh it just eat it.

you probably dont have advanced enough muscle tissue wise to need to worry if its 43.5g of whey isolate with your beta this or that in.

stop worrying about how fast certain supps kick in or when to take it etc, just damn well take it anytime. eat food, train heavy and hard with no breaks .

dont drink too much alcohol, try to sleep 6-8hrs every night

get adequate carbs

take testosterone (if you are that way inclined...but obviously please dont talk about it on this forum)

repeat

its insane. i know of many advanced guys who dont stress over the rubbish i see from some people.

is it the bpdybuilding society these days? the forums?

what is this ridiculous worry, overkill and stress??

my friend said it very well about protein......JUST EAT IT!

it be embarassing if a pro from the 1970s or 1980s were to read what guys today take, use and stress over.

sorry but the toast or oats query simply got me going.

high gi this, low this, peptide before this micro whey that.

jesus ud think peoples morgages were riding on this!

right.

rant over! train hard and eat hard guys

and once again. heartiest congrats to Evan Centopani!

BOOM!

peace

Topher
03-07-11, 9:38 am
I will have to agree w ya bro.!!!

Sprint
03-07-11, 8:51 pm
No doubt this'll kick up a bit of a stink, but I'm inclined to agree with this.

I get asked so many questions all the time. 1 chap, having done a single training session (the first time he'd ever touched a dumbell) then asked me which is the best creatine he should be taking.

I got asked a few weeks back, "what do people mean when they say 'eat clean'?"

I said "Don't eat shit"

"Ah, yeah I thought that's what it meant."

Sometimes, most of the time, people know the answers but they feel the need to seek some kind of reassurance from others. Maybe it's a tribal thing, safety in numbers; if at least a few others do it, then they feel better about doing it.

I dunno. There's definitely stuff that gets over-analysed & dissected beyond what is necessary.

A10
03-08-11, 9:37 am
Amen bro.. I am actually guilty of this shit when in all reality I just need to shut up eat some decent food and train like a beast if im hungry eat cant get grow without eating and im not growing what the hell am i doin in the gym. I wish I read this a week ago... respect

Bruiser
03-08-11, 9:43 am
Amen bro.. I am actually guilty of this shit when in all reality I just need to shut up eat some decent food and train like a beast if im hungry eat cant get grow without eating and im not growing what the hell am i doin in the gym. I wish I read this a week ago... respect

I give you all the respect in the world bro. Admitting to being guilty of the "offense" right here on this post shows you've got what it takes. If we don't keep learning, we will never grow... in more ways than one.

Bruiser
03-08-11, 9:52 am
I've got a couple things to add to this as well.

1. I don't care what other people eat. Clean eating, dirty bulking... who f***ing cares? If it works for them and they're willing to do what they need to do, more power to them. The only person I can fairly judge is myself.

2. Sometimes I like getting asked questions about training, supplements, diet, etc. Of course that's just because of the ego boost. If someone sees me and asks training questions, then I know I'm doing something right!

3. Yes, a lot of questions are annoying. Whether it's your supplement stack, your training schedule/routine, or your diet... my opinions and preferences don't mean s***. A lot of newbies think they can piggyback on someone else and just do everything that they do. But they don't realize that this is a sport of trial & error and fine tuning. You gotta do what works for you.

That's all I've got.

A10
03-08-11, 9:55 am
I give you all the respect in the world bro. Admitting to being guilty of the "offense" right here on this post shows you've got what it takes. If we don't keep learning, we will never grow... in more ways than one.

Appreciated man... im pretty fresh to the scene and its hard with all the images the industry pushes through oh getting shredded 6 pack abs this blah blah blah blah... They never show in a magazine that this guy has been working out for 15+ yrs nor do they show pictures of them in the off season... Exactly why this forum is a safe haven to me its about everyones individual path to their goals not judging someone for not fitting the mold... once again harjmann good shit and thanks for the respect bruiser very much mutual sir

Sprint
03-08-11, 10:20 am
Exactly why this forum is a safe haven to me its about everyones individual path to their goals not judging someone for not fitting the mold... once again harjmann good shit and thanks for the respect bruiser very much mutual sir

X2

IronWilson
03-08-11, 1:01 pm
i get what you are saying. But the the reason why this happens is that these beginners see advanced bodybuilders counting every gram of macronutrients when dieting and they think they should be doing that as well. I think we all get diluted in the details every once in awhile though.

LegendKillerJosh
03-08-11, 1:15 pm
I think everyone goes through a phase of thinking too hard about things. I mean in high school I wouldn't go to Mcdonalds with my friends for lunch and didn't eat before bed and ate unflavored oatmeal for breakfast, AND I WEIGHED 155 POUNDS. WTF?? It took me til college to realize my approach was all wrong. Why should a fucking scrawny kid with a high metabolism at 155lbs that is lifting weights and doing cardio worry about eating a few cookies? I was retarded, my approach was all wrong. I started going to Wendy's everyday for lunch, drinking real gains, getting triple cheeseburgers from the cafeteria between courses, eating giant meals before bed. During this time I went from 155 to 215 in under a year, 60 fucking pounds. And it wasn't fat brothers, I'm still lean. My bench went from 260 to 360 in about a year. I was counting calories and staying under 3,000 when I was a scrawny kid and was not very strong. That was the dumbest shit I ever did. I realized the absurdity and decided I would never cut again unless I got genuinely fat. Once I threw my notebook of calories away and started eating gigantic, I blew up and my strength went through the roof. If you are under 18 and under 200 pounds and you are trying to cut kids, rethink what you are doing now!!

Bruiser
03-08-11, 3:11 pm
They need to sell a new Animal T-Shirt: "Shut the F*** Up and Eat"

Topher
03-08-11, 4:46 pm
I hate it when people ask you the same shit every week in the gym then you see them doing the same shit they were just complaning about not workin worth a f@#. after gettn some good solid advice.

Sprint
03-08-11, 7:04 pm
I hate it when people ask you the same shit every week in the gym then you see them doing the same shit they were just complaning about not workin worth a f@#. after gettn some good solid advice.

You just described my average day right there!

Problem is, cos it's my work I feel obliged to be polite & try to help, which means repeating the same advice that they ignored last time and will ignore this time.

May be changing jobs soon though, in which case I'll be doing my best to help people who ask, unless it's the same ones who asked last time & didn't listen, in which case I'll be saying "What I already told you, that you ignored last time."

It's even ruined a few of my own sessions, people coming up and asking me stuff & then turning it into a conversation. One guy recently asked if I could show him how to pose! He's got the average newbie physique, & has no desire to get on stage.

I've even been interrupted by people when I'm actually training a client. What can you do though?