PDA

View Full Version : RAGE: Take 3

Mattman33
03-07-11, 6:59 pm
I wanted to run a log since I was lucky enough to be a part of the alpha testing. I got my order today.

I ordered both the packs, and the powder. I know personally how the much of a punch the powder had on me during testing. I also know that I found the capsules to be extremely versatile and had that longer kick that I needed sometimes. I ordered both to see what kind of combination worked best for me. Either way I will be ragin' in the gym for some time.

I figured I would throw my logs here in case I needed to go back to reread them for any reason.

Agent O Log (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=1022702#post1022702)
Agent O 2.0 Log (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34102-Agent-O-2.0-Mattman33&p=1038635#post1038635)

I will say that I have been talking up RAGE at my gym, and have a few guys asking about it. It's time....

Mr. Dead
03-07-11, 7:02 pm
Subbed...

Mattman33
03-07-11, 7:10 pm
*crosses fingers that I can get one of those cool avatars while this log runs

I take my son to the gym on Monday's for his speed and agility class. I hit cardio and abs. I know that might not seem like the idea workout for starting my rage. I will disagree. Both are areas that I tend to skip, and neglect because I will end up with no energy from my weight workouts. Both are areas that I need to bring up, as they are my weakest areas. So it seems like a perfect start for testing out rage.

I wanted to use the powder since it is a shorter workout. I knew that I wanted it to kick in right away so I drank it about 10 minutes from the gym. I dropped my son off and hit the cardio.

25 minutes of the elliptical trainer. It was hard. It was a great start. Steps per minute were way higher, and I maintained a much more intense workout than usual. I noticed my HR was noticeably higher to show for my increased intensity.

20 minutes of abs. Intense, moving from one exercise to another without alot of reps. It was almost nonstop.

I went back in to pick up my son and noticed I had about 10 more minutes. I figured I might as well jump rope while I waited. Did I type that right? Yes I jumped rope because I had time to kill. Rage is in my head....and I love it.

Mattman33
03-07-11, 7:11 pm
Subbed...

damn i barely got that posted and you are subbed already....thanks for stopping by!

smoothballer
03-07-11, 8:13 pm
In...

Mattman33
03-09-11, 6:39 pm
arms today- check
rage capsules- check
timing in check- check
great arm workout- priceless

i made sure to have my pre workout meal slightly earlier than usual, and took the rage caps about 30 minutes prior to training. i know the effects may not have been as potent, but man did i get a great workout in. found myself jumping from exercise to exercise with alot less rest.

have a great workout on skulls. jumped in with a group and found my self using more weight than normal, and getting even more reps with that increased weight. the heat is not as intense, but i actually liked that with my arms. it seemed to really last, and my pump was off the charts.

got at least 4-5 guys at my gym buying rage. i am loving being able to spread the animal way.

Mattman33
03-10-11, 6:46 am
the pump with rage is awesome. my arms still feel like i was lifting at the gym and it has been almost 12 hours later. (and that is without taking pump)

Mattman33
03-13-11, 8:44 am
thursday - off
friday-legs

i was short on time and i wanted the rage to kick in quickly. i took the powder and hit the gym. i did a circuit of back squat, front squat, deadlift, and lunges. 10 reps each X 4 cycles.

i ended with leg extensions, and leg curls. i did 4 sets of 20 reps with 1 sec pauses. i took my torrent and went home.

Mattman33
03-13-11, 8:49 am
sat-boxing

i took the powder again today. it was my second ever true boxing workout. i went home and was dead after last weeks (prerage). i took the caps this time on my way.

i ended up doing 3 x 3 min rounds of rope, 3 rounds on the double ended bag (500+ hits per round), 3 rounds on the speed bag, 3 rounds on the heavy bag, and 3 rounds of minor sparring with the instructor (my first time hitting live)

i was beat. BUT i was then able to stop by the gym on my way home for abs. i hit a good 20 minutes of abs, then took my torrent and went home.

Mattman33
03-20-11, 7:13 pm
i find myself reaching for the powder more times than not. i really like the kick you get.

yesterday was an off day for me. my son had 4 hours of baseball practice. it was cold and it was windy, and i knew i would be sitting out in it all day. i took one of the packs of rage with me and took the caps before we got out of the truck. i will tell you that i was warm all day, and the cold wind did not bother me at all. i may have found another use for rage. i love it.

today i hit cardio, chest, back, and shoulders. i have been doing this for a few weeks for a change. i needed to rest up a minor injury. the mass supersets have allowed me to to use rage to its fullest extent. i got challenged to a crossfit style workout near the end of my workout. it consisted of pullups, pushups, and laterals. it was brutal, but i won as he gave out first. good stuff.

The House
03-20-11, 8:56 pm
awesome read mate keep us posted.. i am a huge fan of rage

Sprint
03-20-11, 9:02 pm
In for this, the track athlete in me is interested to see Rage being used for wider use.

Mattman33
03-21-11, 8:00 pm
not sure about this, but i plan to try it for a few more days off and on before i pass judgment.

i used the rage caps throughout the day as i have been teaching. i had a real long day today as i taught PE all day, and then went to the gym to do my cardio/abs. i took two caps after breakfast, two before lunch, and then three during a prep period which is about an hour before i head to the gym. trying to see how far i can extend the rage caps to get something out of them.

i still want my rage powder before my hardcore lifting days, but i like the choice. I wonder if we could actually get rid of the packets, and just have the rage loose in a can similar to aminos. i just think it might make things a little better for the caps. time will tell.

Mattman33
03-21-11, 8:01 pm
awesome read mate keep us posted.. i am a huge fan of rage

In for this, the track athlete in me is interested to see Rage being used for wider use.

thanks for stopping in. i love rage. i really want to test this out and see how else i can use the caps to aid the powder. time will tell.

Mattman33
03-22-11, 8:28 pm
2 caps of rage in the am after breakfast, 2 more caps right after lunch, and a dose of the powder right before i workout at 330pm. i hit arms, and felt like it was non stop. amazing. it is 8:30pm and i still feel the pump from the workout. i actually like the priming doses of rage in the am. my kids at school think i am crazy with the energy that i have.

i just may have to continue this...

Mattman33
03-23-11, 9:32 pm
same as before...2 caps after breakfast, 2 after lunch, and a dose of the powder before i worked out. trying to work my way back into doing legs. i have a minor injury and was told not to squat or deadlift. sucks to be me. i still do them, but have to be very controlled in my movements, and cannot wear a belt. it is an umbilical hernia that i have had for awhile, and i am trying to prolong the surgery until the summer.

wamred up with a cross fit style workout that has me doing pullups, pushups, and bodyweight squats. it really is only a warmup to really get blood into the muscles. pullups are a major weak area that i am determined to bring up.

moved to leg curl 3 sets of 10 reps
leg curl 3 sets of single leg curl with a hold at the top
stiff legged dumbbell raises 3 sets of 15 reps
leg press 4 sets of 20 reps
and leg ext 4 sets of 15 reps

i ended with calf raises, and jumped rope while i was waiting for my son to finish his speed class.

Mattman33
03-27-11, 12:16 pm
sat was my boxing day. love drinking the rage as i warm up. i start warming up with 3 rounds of jumping rope. by the time i am done, the rage is kicking in and i am ready to hit the bag. i box for about 1 1/2 hours, and then hit the gym for abs. i love the fact that rage keeps me going like the energizer bunny.

Mattman33
03-27-11, 12:20 pm
powder rage and the gym. i did chest, back, and shoulders today that involved a fast pace almost non stop workout.

i start with a set of pullups, pushups, and side laterals (crossfit style). I really like this as i am working my 3 weak points, and can really see the improvement each time.

incline bench/bent over rows - 5 sets of 15 reps each
strict shoulder press - 4 sets of 6-8 reps
rear laterals and flat db flyes - 3 sets of 10 each
close grip pulldowns and high shoulder pulls - 3 sets of 10 reps each

25 minutes of cardio and more abs.

Mattman33
03-31-11, 11:46 am
monday was capsules and cardio. i kind of liked the slower release of the rage through the capsules with my cardio. i pushed through 30 minutes on the eliptical trainer at a much faster speed than usual. I finished up with abs.

started a new addition to my workout from a site called beastskills.com

i do alot of inverted training for my back injury and decided to take the next step and go into inverted iron cross training. i plan on doing this MWF. it consists of lowering DB's down into an inverted iron cross position and then holding that position for 5 secs. i then and trying to do inverted pulls with them, which are very similar to straight arm pulldowns for lat training.

good stuff. i felt like i had done a full back workout for my lats. i plan on concentrating my back workout now to more rows and deadlifts.

Mattman33
03-31-11, 11:49 am
i was rushed for time but still managed a good biceps and triceps workout with the powder rage. i went up in weight for my new inverted training, and can really feel the pump. i felt like i had to walk through my doorways sideways because my lower lats were so pumped.

today i will find out how this translates to strength as i am doing pullups with my legs today.

Mattman33
04-06-11, 8:18 pm
is it me or does my can of powdered rage seem to be unending? i love the fact that i only need one scoop, and that it lasts....awesome!

Mattman33
05-31-11, 10:01 pm
I figured I would just put my thoughts on the updated orange flavor here...I got it today, and plan on using it tomorrow.

To catch everyone up, I have found that I really seem to respond to a serving of the capsules about 30 minutes prior to my training. I then take a serving of the powder as i walk into the gym. I just like the instant heat of the powder, but love the sustained effects of the capsules.

Once I test this new orange flavor out, I want to add in NOX3 to my stack....

Bruiser
06-01-11, 8:38 am
I figured I would just put my thoughts on the updated orange flavor here...I got it today, and plan on using it tomorrow.

To catch everyone up, I have found that I really seem to respond to a serving of the capsules about 30 minutes prior to my training. I then take a serving of the powder as i walk into the gym. I just like the instant heat of the powder, but love the sustained effects of the capsules.

Once I test this new orange flavor out, I want to add in NOX3 to my stack....

I haven't tried taking one of each, but I definitely agree with the fact that the pills last for a long time. I never crash (on either) but the pills seem to last for hours and hours.

Mattman33
06-06-11, 9:04 pm
It's official. My tall a$$ is going to enter his first ever strongman contest on July 9th. It is The Training Center's Strongest Man and it looks like I will be competing in the Master's Heavyweight division. I wanted to post it here to help me stay accountable and keep track of my training.

I admit the events look pretty intimidating to me, but I figure that I need to start someplace.

Here are the events
Axle Press-200 (clean once and then go for max reps)
Farmer's Walk-270 (100ft straight course)
Car Deadlift (I have no experience with this, suit and straps allowed)
Truck Pull (no idea as to the weight of the truck, harness only)
Stone load over 46" bar - 300lbs.

I have done no event training since last summer, and have one month to get ready for it. I will admit I am going to to have fun, and compete with my training partner.

The log starts now....

Here is my gameplan for each event.

Axle Press-one day of strict overhead barbell presses, and one day of cleans, and presses using my legs. I have no access to an actual axle though.

Farmer's Walk-I plan to train this one day a week, but this is a strong area for me and having no turn makes it that much better IMO.

Car Deadlift is one event I may be passing on, but I am testing the waters now.

Truck Pull - I need to find out the weight, but I do have a big truck to pull to train technique with the harness.

Stone load-I have a 240 pound stone that I will do some speed work with for reps, but I need to get to some heavier stones to prepare.

Here we go...I need to order some more RAGE.

Mattman33
06-07-11, 8:21 pm
Shoulder and Arms
Strict presses for my warmup X 3 sets
Push Presses 135X3, 165X3, 185X2 (these felt really good)
Hang cleans 135X10 reps for 1 set

Body weight Dips 3X20-25
DB Curls 3X15
Overhead Ext 3X10

Pinch curls and forearm work

I am feeling more confident about the pressing part, but need to really focus in on cleaning that axle.

Bruiser
06-08-11, 9:10 am
This looks like a pretty interesting log here bro. I can't wait to see how your training differs from that of the powerlifters on here. I'll be following it to see. Good luck.

Toonstar
06-08-11, 9:44 am
I wanted to run a log since I was lucky enough to be a part of the alpha testing. I got my order today.

I ordered both the packs, and the powder. I know personally how the much of a punch the powder had on me during testing. I also know that I found the capsules to be extremely versatile and had that longer kick that I needed sometimes. I ordered both to see what kind of combination worked best for me. Either way I will be ragin' in the gym for some time.

I figured I would throw my logs here in case I needed to go back to reread them for any reason.

Agent O Log (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=1022702#post1022702)
Agent O 2.0 Log (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34102-Agent-O-2.0-Mattman33&p=1038635#post1038635)

I will say that I have been talking up RAGE at my gym, and have a few guys asking about it. It's time....

Sorry bro but I gotta throw something in, from over here in rainy old England. Those Rage packs are something else! the intensity levels of my training has gone throw the roof. Thunderstorms bro, thunderstorms!

Mattman33
06-08-11, 5:02 pm
This looks like a pretty interesting log here bro. I can't wait to see how your training differs from that of the powerlifters on here. I'll be following it to see. Good luck.

Thanks for checking in. I am just feeling my way around training and seem to be right in the middle of most types of training. I rely on Higa's thread and my training partner's advice for strongman techniques and training. The thing that sucks is that I am tall and skinny.

Sorry bro but I gotta throw something in, from over here in rainy old England. Those Rage packs are something else! the intensity levels of my training has gone throw the roof. Thunderstorms bro, thunderstorms!

I do both rage packs, and rage powder. I love both, but just think the powder hits so much faster.

Mattman33
06-08-11, 5:08 pm
Legs/Chest/Back

Long warmup
Front squats for reps 4 sets of 15-20 reps. I am just learning this form and starting to feel comfortable
Leg Press 3 sets of 25 reps
Incline Press/Pullups 4 sets of 10-12/max reps
Bent over rows/pushups 4 sets of 10-12/max reps
Deadlifts/shrugs 3 sets of 6-8/15-20 reps

240 lb atlas stone for reps in 60 seconds - managed 4 reps (boy i need work here)

Friday is another event day (I hope)

Mattman33
06-10-11, 7:15 pm
thursday was an off day. the heat just about killed me as i was outside all day.

friday-event day

fat bar work
clean and press for 5 reps, and then reps for presses only - 3 sets
high pulls from the ground for 3 sets of 10
*the fatbar felt pretty good and my grip seemed to hold up pretty good

farmers walk
135 50 feet x 2
135 for 30 sec hold
185 for holds X 3
*the was pretty tough. i can tell it has been a year since i was on them.

tire pull with harness
3 sets of 20 feet to work on my initial pull and quick feet
*next week we plan to superset this with pulling my f150 afterwards for the burn.

all in all i felt pretty good about my first real event day. i felt like i went pretty hard but was on the conservative side so there is alot of room to push next week.

Mattman33
06-11-11, 11:43 am
new stack started yesterday...

NOX3
Stack
Shock Therapy
Atomic 7
Flex

Yes I am taking 3 weeks off of rage, and I am saving my supply for the day of the contest (July 9th)

It is so good to be back on shock therapy...i just love it so much.

Mattman33
06-12-11, 8:57 am
killer headache the last few days. could be allergies, or could be stopping rage. i wonder...

6/11-Shoulders, and Arms
Barbell curls/Shoulder press (rev)
overhead tricep ext/shoulder press(close)
*just trying to work overhead hard the next few weeks
seated DB curls
Dips
Laterals

3-4 sets of 8-10 reps each
*trying to keep the intensity up and the volume down on this workout.

Mattman33
06-12-11, 6:24 pm
Sunday 6/12
Chest/Back/Legs
Incline Barbell
Pullups
Multi Flyes
Rows
Front Squats
Deadlifts/Low back work
Abs and Stretching

I can really feel the NOX3 and Shock Therapy kicking in. It is a nice change up from Rage.
*Intensity was up and I can see my strength going up.

Monday is a Speed and Agility day (I can't wait)