PDA

View Full Version : Training with Big Al at the ABC and Tom "RAGE" Fuller on Thursday

shortstack
03-08-11, 11:33 am
I just wanted to take a few minutes and say thanks to Animal for setting up the ABC and to Big Al for working with me on Saturday night and Tom for working with me on Thursday night.

Al and I decided to hit some arms since it was about the only thing that neither of us had worked within the last few days. I picked his brain about how he trains arms and learned quite a bit. Al was a bit sore from the deads on Friday and didn't want to over do it since he had the Standing Military presses the next day as well. I was also sore from chest and tris with Tom on Thursday, so we didn't go too crazy.

Thursday night Tom really worked my technique and forced me to think about what I was doing with my chest. He kept saying "chest up", just like he did while I practiced my posing for my show. I guese there is a recuring lazyness that I need to work on to keep my damn chest up...haha We were both pretty worn out from the days travels but we hit some intense sets and called it a night.

Saturday night Al and I worked out we were going to hit arms. Al, as I discovered, pounds the crap out of the tris and holds back a little on Bis. He had a bit of a shoulder situation that didn't allow for too much supination while curling but as he says, you get alot of bi work on other heavy back days. We did alot more volume for the tris than I normally do and I felt the effects until about yesterday.

The great thing about the ABC wasn't having an awesome workout or setting any PR but just shooting the shit and getting some info that I could bring back and implement into my training. I think I've worked with the Pros for about the last 3 years straight and every year I take away something that has made me a better body builder. This year also did not dissapoint.

So, thanks again to Big Al for sharing some of his ideas and training methodology. I'll put them to good use and hopefully bring some better arms next year. Thanks to Tom for showing me a few new techniques that I need to implement also while working my lagging chest.

Jeremy

freighttraindane
03-08-11, 11:35 am
Awesome stuff Shortstack

smoothballer
03-08-11, 11:48 am
Sounds like you had one hell of a time brother...

Phil800101
03-08-11, 11:49 am
Good stuff my man! Great to see you again, we'll definitely have to see about meeting up down the road here.

ToSo
03-08-11, 12:16 pm
Sounds like you got a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience out of it, awesome bro.

shortstack
03-08-11, 1:42 pm
Hey Brothers, Thanks for stopping in to read the breakdown on training. If I can make it to the cage again next year I will put in to train with a pro again. You can't imagine the amount of information and training help that you get from a single session with these guys. I would suggest to anyone that can make it to the cage to put in for any of the guys that offer the opportunity.

Jeremy

Big Al
03-08-11, 7:42 pm
Thank you Jeremy,
I had a good time just hanging out. Think I lost ten lbs of sweat in that hot ass gym.
And dont be fooled this guy already know how to train. I think he was using the same weight as me.

mritter3
03-08-11, 7:53 pm
Great write up J...bummed I missed out on all it this year...was looking forward to bull shitting with ya man...glad you had a great time man.

shortstack
03-09-11, 9:36 am
Thank you Jeremy,
I had a good time just hanging out. Think I lost ten lbs of sweat in that hot ass gym.
And dont be fooled this guy already know how to train. I think he was using the same weight as me.

Haha, I could only use the same weight cause you were taking it easy on me. Had a great time Al and look forward to doing it again sometime. If I ever get out to your neck of the woods I'll def look you up.

Great write up J...bummed I missed out on all it this year...was looking forward to bull shitting with ya man...glad you had a great time man.

No doubt Brother, your presence was missed this year. We'll have to hit it up next year.

See ya Matt