PDA

View Full Version : my cage exprience

Wycked
03-08-11, 2:52 pm
when i first found out back in december i was invited to the cage this year i was so f-ing pumped i don't think i shut up about it until i actually entered the cage on friday lol. it is a huge honor for me to be affliated with Animal on any level and to be in the cage is mind blowing. i've never even seen the cage in person so actually being there was unreal and a little overwhelming.

the trip started off when i met vinny, big d and enforcer @ the newark airport and once we landed in columbus i knew the weekend was off to a great start. vinny i knew already and he's funny but enforcer and big d are fuckin charaters and had me laughing the whole weekend

friday was the first day in the cage and it was great to get there and meet everyone that i had spoken to on this forum and meet the other animal athletes. ran into big al and bobby fields who i had met a month prior in delaware @ the ABC there and those guys are awesome guys to be around . big al is funny and quite kinda like me and bobby is crazy strong and just a classy dude. friday was also big day for me because i was part of the bench off agianst asspari.... i mean gaspari my bad lol. we came up a bit short but it was for a great cause and i'm just happy that i could participate having injured my shoulder 1 week prior. the intensity in the cage and all the support from everyone there was great appreciated and noticed.
friday was the first time i'd ever met fellow canadian wrath, i'd seen this dude in ads for years and we knew some of the same people in our area but had never crossed paths. what a jerk!!! jk lol frank is one of nicest guys i've met and just like everyone in the animal crew he;s funny as hell. it was a real pleasure to finally meet him and when i'm back on toronto i hope we can hit a few training sessions
friday was also highlighted by seeing bobby fields and friends deadlifting crazy weight like it was candy and the nose bleed was the icing on the cake of the intensity those guys put out

saturday was filled with tiny benching 1005lbs for reps....... insane and a 125lb kid pulling 500lbs 10 times!!! wtf!!!!!!!!! where in the world do u see that in the same place other than the cage. also there were great seminars by g diesel and wrath and the house. also my friend and universal athlete Antione V placed 2nd in the supers @ the arnold amateur and looked in unreal condition. congrats to him and i can't wait to see u win the canadian nationals this year

saturday night was the national ABC and i had the pleasure of lifiting with frieghttraindane and what a nice dude. i"m honored u picked me to lift with out of such great guys u had to choose from. we killed arms and sweat our asses off doing it. good shit bro and i wish u all the best in your future and with your current weight loss goal u r aiming for. if u need any help with anything please write me

sunday was the last day @ the cage and evan came by to give a seminar and i finally had the chance to meet him. really nice dude and very intelligent i was very impressed to learn he prep'd himself for his show. shows alot of confidence and balls and shit its working he;s killing everyone

all in all the weekend was amazing and i made some great friends. i'm extremely grateful to everyone for making me feel so welcome and at ease. i was very proud to be a part of animal "the brand" coming into the weekend but i quickly realized how proud i am to be a part of the animal family. from forum members to head office people u r all great down to earth caring people and i thank u for welcoming into your world. it sounds funny but i've very rarely felt like i fit in many places and in a sense i am an animal being 330lbs and all but u guys all made me feel like i was finally home. u gave this animal his cage and i hope to remain a part of your family for a long time

very special thanks to:

natural guy
Wrath
freighttraindan
Big Al
Big Byrd
Seath242
Big D
Tiny1102
Higa Monster
G Diesel
Enforcer
Vinny G
dannynb
Big Ben -
C.Coronato
S.Clarida
B.Rowe

thank u, thank u, thank u for making me a part of this

Madcat
03-08-11, 2:57 pm
The fact that you moved 9900lbs 30 reps at 330lb.... Was amazing.

dannynb
03-08-11, 3:08 pm
Was awesome meeting you bro...intimidating as you are being over 300 pounds you're one of the nicest guys. Enjoyed hanging with over the weekend and look forward to more Cages. Welcome to the family...and you're right...you do belong.

freighttraindane
03-08-11, 3:38 pm
I had an awesome time meeting and training with you bro. Its an expierence I will never forget. Don't worry I will be hitting you up for more advice as I am working towards my goals. We are all part of the Animal family. Hope to see you at some ABC's or something, if not I will defiently see ya at the Cage in 2012!!

Phil800101
03-08-11, 6:30 pm
Awesome to finally meet you bro! The benching was unreal, really inspiring. I hope the ibuprofen helped on Saturday.

mritter3
03-08-11, 8:00 pm
Looks like u had a great weekend bro...

Razor
03-08-11, 9:51 pm
Awesome write up Mike and it was absolutely sick having you in the Cage!

smoothballer
03-08-11, 9:57 pm
It was great to meet all 330 lbs of you. Putting up those 30 reps with that on the bar was damn impressive. Great write-up big man.

Wycked
03-09-11, 11:02 am
Was awesome meeting you bro...intimidating as you are being over 300 pounds you're one of the nicest guys. Enjoyed hanging with over the weekend and look forward to more Cages. Welcome to the family...and you're right...you do belong.

appreciate that dannynb! i had a great time talking with both u and your wife your both really cool people. and yes hopefully i'll see u at more cages

Wycked
03-09-11, 11:03 am
Awesome to finally meet you bro! The benching was unreal, really inspiring. I hope the ibuprofen helped on Saturday.

ya phil the advil helped a bit thanks for bringing your tackle box of pain meds lol!

Phil800101
03-09-11, 11:30 am
ya phil the advil helped a bit thanks for bringing your tackle box of pain meds lol!

Glad to be of help, lol.

dannynb
03-09-11, 11:48 am
appreciate that dannynb! i had a great time talking with both u and your wife your both really cool people. and yes hopefully i'll see u at more cages
Maybe next year we can have our stare off/ thumb war...LOL

Big Al
03-09-11, 5:14 pm
Yo,good seeing you again Big Sexy!! LOL
I think you must be tired,that dannynb is cool but the wife,well.....LOL No we do have a cool ass animal family.

dannynb
03-09-11, 6:07 pm
Yo,good seeing you again Big Sexy!! LOL
I think you must be tired,that dannynb is cool but the wife,well.....LOL No we do have a cool ass animal family.

I'm gonna tell her you said that.....lol

naturalguy
03-17-11, 4:11 pm
You fit in great at The Cage and it was awesome having you there

Ragin Asian
03-17-11, 6:17 pm
It was great seeing you again and getting the chance to hang out and chat every now and then. Sorry I was running around so much, but that's my job as the wife. LOL!! You're a real cool guy and an awesome athlete! I think of you as a gentle giant. :o) Hope to see you again soon, maybe next ABC if we have one nearby. We're not far from each other, so maybe all of us getting together to train and grab some grub afterwards could be possible in near future.

C.Coronato
03-18-11, 1:14 pm
Your a beast bro, and a true Animal. Look forward to slanging some weight with you Big Mike lol

Aggression
03-18-11, 2:18 pm
It was a pleasure working by your side this weekend. Mongolian, making some fat kid realize that he can't keep eating fast food and look good, and then both being shock by that 125lb dude deadlift 500lb for reps, haha. I hope to do it again.

Wycked
03-18-11, 3:50 pm
It was great seeing you again and getting the chance to hang out and chat every now and then. Sorry I was running around so much, but that's my job as the wife. LOL!! You're a real cool guy and an awesome athlete! I think of you as a gentle giant. :o) Hope to see you again soon, maybe next ABC if we have one nearby. We're not far from each other, so maybe all of us getting together to train and grab some grub afterwards could be possible in near future.

it was great to see u too and thx for the compliments. both u and bobby are great people and i can;t wait to see u 2 again. hopefully there will be an ABC this way soon so we can catch up

Wycked
03-18-11, 3:51 pm
It was a pleasure working by your side this weekend. Mongolian, making some fat kid realize that he can't keep eating fast food and look good, and then both being shock by that 125lb dude deadlift 500lb for reps, haha. I hope to do it again.

i eat fast food and i look great! lol

Wycked
03-18-11, 3:55 pm
Your a beast bro, and a true Animal. Look forward to slanging some weight with you Big Mike lol

anytime u wanna hit it i'm there just tell me the gym brooooo :)