PDA

View Full Version : Rage in the motherfuckin' Cage! My experience....

TheGreatWhite
03-08-11, 4:40 pm
My oh my, doesn't a year go by so quickly? I had been chomping at the fucking bit to get back to Columbus, go to The Cage and lift with all my fellow Animal bretheren at the National ABC. The weekend was surreal, just like it was last year when I first set foot into The Cage.

What I liked most, though, was walking into the expo and knowing I was apart of a company who doesn't see fit to just throw a shit ton of free shirts out to their consumers and take a few pics and just say "see you later". Animal/Universal take care of us, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion.

My favorite part of the weekend though, was when Wrath, G Diesel and House gave their seminars. Forget the fact that I had to piss my brains out, I just wanted to hear what they had to say. I can honestly say that sitting in on those two seminars opened my eyes wide the hell open. Although I do train hard, it made me realize that I needed to get my head out of my ass and get a little reality check. I have days, like everyone else I'm sure, where after a full laod at school and work, the last thing I want to do is train. But, if House can sit there and be one of the top IFBB pro's in the world, while working full time and having a family, I should have no reason to ever lay down. Fuck that. Listening to him drove the message home, loud and clear, that no one's gonna do shit, you've gotta sack up and get shit done.

G and Wrath, shit that was cool as hell. I love listening to teh philosophic points that G makes, and hearing about Wrath and his happenings. One reason I'm hooked with Animal is the fact that they see bodybuilding, powerlifting, the iron game itself as more than that. They see that it relates to shit we do day in and day out. Listening to G tell me what his father once told him about the kids that lived in the projects in Philly play ball from sun up to sun down, day after day, that gave me some fucking chills. Wrath telling his story about losing everything and being at rock bottom and bouncing back up to where he's at now, shit. Unreal.

The National ABC was fucking killer. Training with G was intense, and it was nice to meet DumbbellBanana and Renfro (sorry Nick, can't remember your forvm name!). We smoked delts, and afterwards the food was fantastic. The atmosphere was absolutely electric in Metro on Saturday, and we all knew it.

The drive back home Sunday was bittersweet. We wanted to go to The Cage one more time, but we all needed to get back home, as we all had other obligations. But this year was no doubt a kick ass weekend. To all of you whom I had the pleasure of meeting, thank you. It's always nice to put faces with names on here. To everyone who I already knew, it was awesome to see you all again. Until next year....

Phil800101
03-08-11, 6:32 pm
Awesome to see you again bro!

mritter3
03-08-11, 8:06 pm
Sounds like your weekend was off the hook man..glad u had a blast...wish I could have made it down this year

smoothballer
03-08-11, 9:59 pm
Awesome write-up bro.

G Diesel
03-09-11, 9:05 am
It was a real pleasure, SC10... Awesome getting to train and chill with you bro.

Thanks so much for the good vibes and kind words. You fellas made me step my game up at the ABC, so the intensity was no doubt reciprocal.

Peace, G

TheGreatWhite
03-09-11, 11:58 am
Awesome to see you again bro!

Big Phil! It was great seeing you as well! Always a pleasure to see my boys from The Chi.

Sounds like your weekend was off the hook man..glad u had a blast...wish I could have made it down this year

Matt, we'll run into eachother there next year hopefully! Thanks for checking this out!

Awesome write-up bro.

Thanks smooth! Sorry we didn't get a chance to bump into eachother amidst all the madness that is The Cage lol...we'll meet sometime soon, don't worry

It was a real pleasure, SC10... Awesome getting to train and chill with you bro.

Thanks so much for the good vibes and kind words. You fellas made me step my game up at the ABC, so the intensity was no doubt reciprocal.

Peace, G

G, the pleasure was all mine. You deserve the praises and kind words. You keep shit real and in perspective, gotta respect that. Training with you made me step mine up as well. I hope we cross paths again before the next Arnold Classic!