PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Teen Challenge

rowe62
03-08-11, 5:54 pm
Welp it was my very first Arnold Classic and i have to say it was amazing. I went up with my two friends Tom and Codey there a year a head of me and we competed in the Kurt Angle Teen Challenge and the Franko Harris Football Combine. In both events what you lifted was based on you weight. They had ages 13-14 together 15-16 together and 17-19 together. I was in the 15-16 and Tom and Codey were in the 17-19. I had to bench 115 for reps in a min. i had 25 before my arms gave out, next was pullups i had 28 in a min. Then the kettle bell i had the 30 pound oen and had 30 reps. Then was shuttles my time was 13.1 then tireflip my time was 20.3. After the indiviual events they had the teams next but all 3 of us were worn out so we left and went back to the hotel. The next mornign we got there early for the football combine we were the first 3 then a man started talking to us and asked about teenage body building and weightlifting. Me and tom knwo all about it were both members on here so everything we know we learned from all of you. THe man asked for our email and names as i finished writing mine i was called over by john codeys dad. he said austin this girl wants to talk to you whatd you do? like i was in trouble. The girl asked me if my name was Austin Rowe i said yes mam. She said i won. I asked my age group? she said no the whole thing out of 168 kids. I was shocked. I never dreamed i would win the whole thing. my goal was to be in the top 50 so we all left ealy the day before thinking we didnt place. i was first tom was 7th and cody was 10th. I won a schlorship of 2500 dollars, i was given free stuff protein etc. im going to be in gncs magazene and that guy that asked about teenage bodybuilding and weightlifting was from espn and wants a interview possibly later on. Im just a 16 yearold from a small town i never dreamed id win all of this, it was amazing. then that day tom won it all codey came in 4th and i came in 8th once again i was amazed. tom is in the magazene with me and were both on the promo for next year. not only all of that but we talked to jdawg himself, steve patton the head sales excutive and they well like us apparntly they want us to be reps when were 18 tom just turned18 today, and il be 18 in 2 years so this is an amazing weekend for me. i still cant believe all of this. its a dream come true. And io also have rage and its AMAZING. i love it. j dawg said a good stack for me ywould be pak, m-stack, pump and rage. and im getting it soon. But i never dreamed all of this woudl happen i still cant believe it.

C.Coronato
03-09-11, 9:39 am
Thats awesome my man, congrats on the winning brother! Keep up the hard work.

HIGA MONSTER
03-09-11, 9:50 am
Congratulations!

That is awesome! I saw that booth and those are some great numbers man! Solid work.
HIGA MONSTER

J-Dawg
03-09-11, 10:16 am
Way to go Austin. It was great meeting you at The Cage and hearing your excitement after you had won the Teen Challenge. Keep training hard and who knows where it might take ya.

kong_13
03-09-11, 11:30 am
Thats awesome man! Congrats!

smoothballer
03-09-11, 12:03 pm
That's pretty sweet!

rowe62
03-09-11, 10:38 pm
Thank you guys very much. Ive been working hard since November now and me winning this made me realize i have something. I never dreamed i could win something big like that. I have to give credit to my family and friends they help push me and have gievn me 2 quotes to live by. "Hardwork beats talent when talent dosent workhard." And "do what you can with what god gave you" . But J-Dawg it was really great meeting you, and Higa i dont know if you remember me but it was great meeting you as well. I hope when i come of age i can be in the cage with you all, and one day actually work with you. I love to lift and i love to get stronger and set and reach goals.

HIGA MONSTER
03-10-11, 2:34 am
Thank you guys very much. Ive been working hard since November now and me winning this made me realize i have something. I never dreamed i could win something big like that. I have to give credit to my family and friends they help push me and have gievn me 2 quotes to live by. "Hardwork beats talent when talent dosent workhard." And "do what you can with what god gave you" . But J-Dawg it was really great meeting you, and Higa i dont know if you remember me but it was great meeting you as well. I hope when i come of age i can be in the cage with you all, and one day actually work with you. I love to lift and i love to get stronger and set and reach goals.
Yea bro. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Post up a picture with you and your trophy/plaque bro! You should be proud!
HIGA MONSTER

scals
03-10-11, 9:41 am
Congrats man, thats awesome!