PDA

View Full Version : Gut from eating?

BarbellManiac
03-08-11, 11:25 pm
My waist is topping 33 which isn't too bad, but all the eating is increasing my waist size, I can still see my abs when I flex (indicator that I'm around 10% during a bulk) but the food I eat is making my stomach stick out. Any tips, just continue on?

Phil800101
03-09-11, 12:23 am
So, in other words, it's not putting on a permanent gut but more or less is making you bloat?

Carrnage
03-09-11, 1:41 am
My waist is topping 33 which isn't too bad, but all the eating is increasing my waist size, I can still see my abs when I flex (indicator that I'm around 10% during a bulk) but the food I eat is making my stomach stick out. Any tips, just continue on?

Its a sacrifice, move on soldier.

BarbellManiac
03-09-11, 7:43 am
So, in other words, it's not putting on a permanent gut but more or less is making you bloat?

kinda, but I don't feel bloated, just my stomach sticks out.

BarbellManiac
03-09-11, 7:44 am
Its a sacrifice, move on soldier.

lol that's what I thought. How do all these pros (aside from a few *cough* coleman) not get a gut during off season?

Bruiser
03-09-11, 7:50 am
This is normal. Well, at least normal for us. Unless your waist starts growing, don't worry about it... and even if it does that's what cardio is for. It's amazing the different "stages" our bodies go through in a day! My wife always jokes that I look like 3 or 4 different people from morning to night. When I first get up and haven't eaten (post BM), I look tight and toned (but flat). Then I take my glutamine, aminos and Uni-Liver followed by cardio and I start to get fullness to my muscles again. Then after the first few meals and quarts of water of the day I look F***ING GREAT! Full, somewhat vascular, no subcontanious water. Then after a point in the day, we're all gonna start looking bloated and almost "doughy". Whether it's from eating or hydration, it's an annoyance that we all have to live with. Judge yourself by how you look in the morning after your first meal. For me that seems to be a pretty good time to see what I need and where I'm at. I hope this helps.

zubda345
03-09-11, 10:32 am
I worry about my gut alot, but as Carrnage said, it's sacrifice keep movin' My waist is 31 and I see when I haven't eaten in the morning I have a normal flat belly, and when I eat it seems that it got round shaped from front LOL, I don't even do cardio now but it comes back where I want it, if not on 1st day then on 2nd or 3rd, But still I think I should do cardio 3-4 times a week even if I am on a bulk, Will get my bike fixed tomorrow and then do cardio...

@ maniac Yeah I also wonder this :P

X2 to bruiser!

fade
03-09-11, 2:26 pm
The best way to see if your waist is growing is to take a measurement first thing in the morning before eating anything.

Your stomach will stretch out the more food you consume throughout the day so you never know truly where your waist stands unless it is completely empty. That is your baseline.

As you diet down your stomach and waist will shrink from where it is previous. Partly stomach size and food volume, partly subcutaneous fat (in the skin), partly visceral fat (around the organs).

Bruiser
03-09-11, 2:34 pm
The best way to see if your waist is growing is to take a measurement first thing in the morning before eating anything.

Your stomach will stretch out the more food you consume throughout the day so you never know truly where your waist stands unless it is completely empty. That is your baseline.

As you diet down your stomach and waist will shrink from where it is previous. Partly stomach size and food volume, partly subcutaneous fat (in the skin), partly visceral fat (around the organs).

First thing in the morning is always best. Depending upon what your digestion is like. I take 4 tbsp of milled flax seed with my bedtime protein shake, so I clear out pretty good first thing in the morning, so I can always get an accurate reading every morning. Try this for a few days and then take a measurement. You'll get an accurate reading and get your digetive system on a routine. You will feel better and be able to see how your diet or hydration is affecting your waistline on a daily basis.

IronWilson
03-10-11, 11:48 pm
Reduce the amount of GH you're taking....

lol

It happens. Once you take a dump, you will no longer have a gut. The same thing happens to me. It makes me feel like I'm pregnant sometimes, but I give birth to the food baby and it's all good.