PDA

View Full Version : Which routine next?

Ant809099
03-09-11, 8:35 am
Hey guys I have just started getting back into training and I am now on my 4th week of bulking. I have been following routine #11 from the training section on this site and have been making impressive gains and I love the routine! However I am thinking maybe its good to change things up every 4 weeks to keep it fresh! Which routine should I try out next?

It has to be 4 days a week, no more. And I am working around a illness (thread here if your interested: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35234-my-new-beginning) so no regular squats/deads sadly. I can do front squats though :D...

Cheers

C.Coronato
03-09-11, 9:25 am
Do you feel you have to change it up? If you like what you are doing, then there is no need to change my man ..

Mr.X
03-09-11, 10:18 am
Do you feel you have to change it up? If you like what you are doing, then there is no need to change my man ..

agree

you can do the same rountine but in a diff order and diff weight reps

zubda345
03-09-11, 10:35 am
I won't train if I am I'll too much, I would rest instead.

And when U'll feel that u ain't gaining or makin progress then change up ur routine...

Cellardweller
03-09-11, 1:56 pm
If you're seeing gains, why give up a good thing?

Ant809099
03-09-11, 2:27 pm
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I just dont want my body to become used to the same routine, as I have followed it for 1 month now. Just I heard its best to change routines every 4 to 6 weeks? Maybe I could change things up like switch to dumbbells instead of barbbells and the other way around.

illness was maybe the wrong word used to describe my problem, its a life long disease that I am working around because its held me back from my dreams long enough ;).

Is there any of the routines 4 days a week anyone here have tried and would recommend?

cheers

Cellardweller
03-09-11, 3:15 pm
I always like routine #5. You might want to add in some shoulder presses, but don't have to since you're going to hit all your basic compound lifts hard. I still use a similar split.

Carrnage
03-09-11, 11:17 pm
Hey guys I have just started getting back into training and I am now on my 4th week of bulking. I have been following routine #11 from the training section on this site and have been making impressive gains and I love the routine! However I am thinking maybe its good to change things up every 4 weeks to keep it fresh! Which routine should I try out next?

It has to be 4 days a week, no more. And I am working around a illness (thread here if your interested: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35234-my-new-beginning) so no regular squats/deads sadly. I can do front squats though :D...

Cheers

look, all you need is pressing for chest, rows and chins for back, presse,upright rows for delts, hack squats,leg presses for quads, stiff leg deads for hams, genetics for calves, and heavy dips and controlled curling motions for arms, thats all

ill say it again, thats all!

thats all!

1 more time

thats all!

mm_tris
03-10-11, 5:44 am
To expand on carnage's post- have a read into doggcrapp training there is alot to draw from it, even if you don't follow the exact routines. One of the techniques i picked up was to concentrate on getting brutally strong at a specific exercise eg. military press, then once you plateu after the given time (generally 4-6 weeks) switch up this movement to say DB Press and get equally as strong on that movement. Rinse and repeat. Keep track of your lifts and focus on improvement- there is a fairly obvious correlation between lifting heavy ass weights and getting huge.

Carrnage
03-10-11, 5:21 pm
To expand on carnage's post- have a read into doggcrapp training there is alot to draw from it, even if you don't follow the exact routines. One of the techniques i picked up was to concentrate on getting brutally strong at a specific exercise eg. military press, then once you plateu after the given time (generally 4-6 weeks) switch up this movement to say DB Press and get equally as strong on that movement. Rinse and repeat. Keep track of your lifts and focus on improvement- there is a fairly obvious correlation between lifting heavy ass weights and getting huge.

i love the dc method of rest pause, that technique is brutal

MELTDOWN
03-10-11, 10:22 pm
If you're seeing gains, why give up a good thing?

Agreed....read this...

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=518

and then get at it. No where is it written you gotta hit 10-12 reps for 3-4 sets only once per week, blah blah blah. Train with what ya got until you aint growing, then switch it around. 6-8 weeks is a good target, but just go with what gets you results.

IronWilson
03-14-11, 10:34 am
Don't go with a set routine for awhile. Just go to the gym with the purpose of training one or two bodyparts per session and train them with intensity. This may mean going heavy with low reps, lighter with high reps, super sets, etc. Just do whatever exercises you feel like doing. You will learn so much about your body by doing this. This is how you find out what works for you instead of forcing your body to do something.