PDA

View Full Version : To much cardio?

Tattooed1
03-09-11, 9:49 am
Hy whats up guys! ive got a serious question about my cardio because i do quite a bit of it and i seem to be in a rut and its starting to bug me. Im currently at 6' and 206lbs. ive been on a cut for about 2 months now and i have seen some great progress but for the past 3 weeks my body weight has not budged a bit I eat 8 small clean meals a day drink a gallon and a half of water a day and still no results. I always start out my workout with some cardio to warmup heres what todays workout consists of:

shoulders, traps and abs
10 minute warmup
barbell shoulder press 3x8
upright row 3x8
6 minutes of cardio (100 cal)
forward lat raises 3x12
smith shrug 3x10
cable upright row 3x10
dumbbell shrug 3x10
reverse pec-dec 3x12
v-up 3x15
reverse crunch 3x15
standing cable crunch 3x12
30 minutes of cardio
with this I do have pak, omega and cuts.
my thinking on all of this is theres to much cardio, but i dont know any and all help will be greatly appreciated thanx!

zubda345
03-09-11, 10:39 am
Do u want to cut up more or u want to bulk up now?? and I used to do cardio as a warmup rarely before I start my whole workout and a 30-45 mins of cardio after my workout, but I never did it more than twice a day...

Toro
03-09-11, 2:00 pm
Your post is kindda contradictory, bro. To be able to help you we need to know what your goal is. It would also be helpful if you posted what your diet currently looks like.

By the way, what's the "intra-workout" cardio with 6 minute sessions between each couple of exercises all about? That's pretty fucked up to start with.

Tattooed1
03-09-11, 3:52 pm
Your post is kindda contradictory, bro. To be able to help you we need to know what your goal is. It would also be helpful if you posted what your diet currently looks like.

By the way, what's the "intra-workout" cardio with 6 minute sessions between each couple of exercises all about? That's pretty fucked up to start with.

Ok my goal is to get down to 185-190lbs. I put the intra-workout in to get a bit more cardio in. thats the main thing Im kinda second guessing myself about with having to much cardio i have no problem dropping that and my diet goes as so:

7. protein shake
8:30. 3 whole eggs w/turkey sausage & some shredded cheese
10. I went to the gym
12. post workout protein shake
2. 1 can of tuna on whole wheat
4. a salad w/grilled chicken
6. some sunflower seeds and a protein shake
8. chicken and brown rice
10. cottage cheese

Bruiser
03-09-11, 4:18 pm
Do your cardio in just one or two sessions, apart from your regular training. You will burn more fat if you're doing one 30 minute session than you will doing five sessions of 6 minutes. Plus this will help you keep your training session focused on just that, training. That should be separate from your cardio. Think of them as two different battles. You can't fight two battles at the same time. Pick one and worry about that. Or you will never be able to win the war.

Toro
03-09-11, 5:18 pm
Do your cardio in just one or two sessions, apart from your regular training. You will burn more fat if you're doing one 30 minute session than you will doing five sessions of 6 minutes. Plus this will help you keep your training session focused on just that, training. That should be separate from your cardio. Think of them as two different battles. You can't fight two battles at the same time. Pick one and worry about that. Or you will never be able to win the war.

Some solid advice here. Do your cardio after your workout, just after waking up or any time you feel like. But deffinatelly not in between exercises.

Diet looks ok to me, but keep a close track of how fast you are dropping weight. As a rule of thumb you don't want to drop more than 1-2lbs/week to hold on to as much muscle as possible.

Good luck with that man.

Carrnage
03-09-11, 8:06 pm
Hy whats up guys! ive got a serious question about my cardio because i do quite a bit of it and i seem to be in a rut and its starting to bug me. Im currently at 6' and 206lbs. ive been on a cut for about 2 months now and i have seen some great progress but for the past 3 weeks my body weight has not budged a bit I eat 8 small clean meals a day drink a gallon and a half of water a day and still no results. I always start out my workout with some cardio to warmup heres what todays workout consists of:

shoulders, traps and abs
10 minute warmup
barbell shoulder press 3x8
upright row 3x8
forward lat raises 3x12
smith shrug 3x10
cable upright row 3x10
dumbbell shrug 3x10
reverse pec-dec 3x12
v-up 3x15
reverse crunch 3x15
standing cable crunch 3x12
30 minutes of cardio
with this I do have pak, omega and cuts.
my thinking on all of this is theres to much cardio, but i dont know any and all help will be greatly appreciated thanx!

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL?!?!

lol.

Lunchead
03-10-11, 9:21 am
Ok my goal is to get down to 185-190lbs. I put the intra-workout in to get a bit more cardio in. thats the main thing Im kinda second guessing myself about with having to much cardio i have no problem dropping that and my diet goes as so:

7. protein shake
10. I went to the gym
10. cottage cheese

you don't eat enough for your weight even if your cutting

Bruiser
03-10-11, 9:39 am

7. protein shake
10. I went to the gym
10. cottage cheese

I do agree that even with cutting, you need to eat more. I do see a few things you could try tweaking. Whether you like these ideas or if they'll even work for you... who knows.

7:00 shake = what's in your shake?
8:30 meal = add a few egg whites to this and a carb source. It'll be extra protein and the carbs will give you more fuel in your tank when you get to the gym.
12:00 shake = what's in the shake?
2 & 6:00 look good
4 & 8:00 could be swapped. The carbs that late at night could keep you from reaching your goals, and by adding the fiber from the veggies/salad closer to bed, it will regulate your digestion and slow the breakdown of protein throughout the night
10:00 meal = I know most guys, including myself, do a shake before bed. Less fat and more protein is always good.

Like I said, these are just my preferences, if they work for you that's awesome. If they don't, let me know what does. Good luck bro.

Tattooed1
03-10-11, 2:38 pm
alright thanx for all the advice guys im gonna keep the cardio for after my workouts only, increase my calories a bit, reduce my carb intake in the pm. and add a few in the am. and the protein shake is 2 scoops of whey as far as the last meal Ive been wanting to get some casein but im a little shy on money right now so im doin what i can on the budget i have, but it is one thing on my "things to get" list.

Tattooed1
03-10-11, 2:47 pm
i forgot to mention that my post-workout shake also has some BCAAs and glutamine in it

Bruiser
03-10-11, 8:14 pm
i forgot to mention that my post-workout shake also has some BCAAs and glutamine in it

Try adding these to your morning shake too. When you first wake up, your muscles are starving. Actually I take aminos and glutamne when I wake up, preworkout, postworkout and at bedtime. Give this a try, you will be surprised at the difference it makes.

Tattooed1
03-10-11, 8:51 pm
oh hell yeah! i havent thought of that but it does make sense thanx!

Bruiser
03-11-11, 7:53 am
oh hell yeah! i havent thought of that but it does make sense thanx!

I always look at it like this: The most important times for your muscles are during recovery and post workout. Everybody does there shake postworkout, but a lot of them neglect bedtime and when first waking up. We all know that when you sleep, you're body is recovering and repairing the damage from that day. This is when it needs the most dense nutrients and building blocks. Here's my recovery stack.

Bedtime shake:
Shake - 75g protein powder, 10 oz milk (2%), 3 pasturized eggs, 4 tbsp milled flax seed

Bedtime Stack (morning is the same but without the Animal PM)-
Animal PM
Uni-Liver = 3 tabs
Amino 1900 = 5 tabs
BCAA 2000 = 2 capsules
Glutamine - 5g

I also take: selenium, calcuim, magnesium, zinc, fish oil, fenugreek, garlic, cinnamon

CB
03-11-11, 1:21 pm
Yeah, I would try adding a little more food to the diet. It sounds like you could be starving your body a little bit.