PDA

View Full Version : The After-effects from the Arnold...

Razor
03-11-11, 11:58 am
This came up while speaking with J-Dawg....every year we all leave the Arnold and go back to our normal 8-5 jobs, go back to training for our next show, or whatever else we have waiting for us when we return home. But we take with us memories of what we saw in the Cage, what we witnessed, what words were exchanged, etc etc. The main feeling most of us have is how we are going to use those images to push our training to a new level that was never attained previously? This can be applied to any status of life, whether you're a pro or not because we all want one thing and thats to get better in the gym no matter what the ending reason is. As i said in a previous post, i tried to absorb every minute of that weekend and stored it so that i can go back and pull out that imagery when i need it. It ranges from Higa's deads, Antoine posing in the Cage, the moment of silence for Nick, ghost bouncing around all over that Cage getting everyone ramped up, i mean so many moments....Just wanted to share my thoughts.

J-Dawg
03-11-11, 12:14 pm
I was thinking of posting something similar to this Razor, haha. But you're spot on. How do we take all that energy and those experiences from The Cage and all that takes place within it's walls and apply that to our training after the Arnold. We need to step our game up every year. Train harder. Eat better. Supplement with the right materials for our goals, etc. What we experience in The Cage needs to be applied year round in the gym and at meal time. That's where we need to step it up.

smoothballer
03-11-11, 12:21 pm
Fantastic thread and so very true. I take more away from the Arnold each year and apply it to my training, diet, mindset....life. My workouts the week after the Arnold are always some of the best of the year. I hope to keep them going longer to show up next year in even better condition.

Phil800101
03-11-11, 12:56 pm
Spot on.

Nix0r
03-11-11, 1:01 pm
Spot on.

This.

I know that after my deload this week, I'll be coming back stronger and better than before.

Razor
03-11-11, 1:44 pm
Fantastic thread and so very true. I take more away from the Arnold each year and apply it to my training, diet, mindset....life. My workouts the week after the Arnold are always some of the best of the year. I hope to keep them going longer to show up next year in even better condition.

Exactly...you remember the conversations, you remember the way someone was lifting at metro, etc etc. Every year it's taken to another level and applying those memories is the key everytime i come back home. If applied correctly, the mind can definitely help tear some shit up.

Madcat
03-11-11, 5:01 pm
I hate my life after the Arnold. Well, the week.

deanna7272
03-11-11, 5:51 pm
First off, great seeing you again... Hope to see ya sometime over the next year....

Ya know... I feel the same, it's like there are SO many things going on around you that IF you leave and don't grasp SOMETHING to add to your regime, you have missed out... By the time I go home, I want to be a bodybuilder, learn more and more about powerlifting, compete as a figure girl, AND aspire to be back in bikini shape....lol I get overwhelmed at times, but there is NEVER a lack of inspiration!!!

mritter3
03-11-11, 6:23 pm
Gotta agree with ya 100%...there is that month it so after the Arnold that my workouts are insane..diet is on point..everything is firing on all cylinders...and then my fire kind of burns out...every year I say it won't and every year it does. ..wish the arnold was twice a year...I have come to realize that is why this site is so important...we push each other and encourage each other to break boundries and push past our limits...

Razor
03-14-11, 9:48 am
First off, great seeing you again... Hope to see ya sometime over the next year....

Ya know... I feel the same, it's like there are SO many things going on around you that IF you leave and don't grasp SOMETHING to add to your regime, you have missed out... By the time I go home, I want to be a bodybuilder, learn more and more about powerlifting, compete as a figure girl, AND aspire to be back in bikini shape....lol I get overwhelmed at times, but there is NEVER a lack of inspiration!!!

Thanks D! Awesome seeing you again as well! We have to figure out a way to hit the iron again...i hate that i see everyone only once a year....sigggghh

deanna7272
03-16-11, 12:57 am
Thanks D! Awesome seeing you again as well! We have to figure out a way to hit the iron again...i hate that i see everyone only once a year....sigggghh

Absolutely.... I have the summer off, who knows, I have been known to travel!!! We have a buddy from home up your way now, we can make it a mini vacation...lol