PDA

View Full Version : Coffee In Protein Shake

Phil800101
03-11-11, 3:00 pm
Ok, I've been thinking about doing this for awhile and finally pulled the trigger on this today. I made my usual shake but added a teaspoon of instant coffee crystals. Here's the recipe I use:

1 Scoop Universal Pro & Oats
2 Cups Skim Milk
1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
2 Teaspoons Clear-Mixing Fiber
1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee (New Today)

Add ingredients and mix in a blender.

Shit was delicious, and the caffeine felt good. Coffee taste was there, but not overwhelming...went nicely with the chocolate and peanut butter flavor.

I don't know if anyone else does this with the coffee, but I figured I would share it. I love the taste of coffee, but the shit tears up my stomach if I drink it. So, I think this is a happy medium.

Carl
03-11-11, 3:08 pm
Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

Aggression
03-11-11, 3:23 pm
Not bad, bro. I sometimes add a scoop of mocha cappuccino ultra whey pro to my morning coffee. shit is bangin'.

ToSo
03-11-11, 3:29 pm
Not bad, bro. I sometimes add a scoop of mocha cappuccino ultra whey pro to my morning coffee. shit is bangin'.

Definitely going to give that a try, might have to cut out the peanut butter tho, cappuccino and peanut butter don't think that will do well with me.

Bruiser
03-11-11, 4:55 pm
I do a similar version, but I use instant espresso. Because it's a lot stronger and I get more coffee taste. So if you want it with a little extra kick, try this, but it does have a strong flavor, just to warn you.

Phil800101
03-11-11, 6:18 pm
I do a similar version, but I use instant espresso. Because it's a lot stronger and I get more coffee taste. So if you want it with a little extra kick, try this, but it does have a strong flavor, just to warn you.

Sounds interesting. I might hafta try that.

Definitely going to give that a try, might have to cut out the peanut butter tho, cappuccino and peanut butter don't think that will do well with me.

Cool, let us know how it goes.

I bet. Sounds delicious.

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

Cool, let us know what you think.

BarbellManiac
03-11-11, 7:11 pm
I do the same aside from the peanut butter and fiber pre workout. A little bit of coffee with whey and some milk 45 minutes pre workout and your good to go.

T. Kemble
03-11-11, 11:48 pm
coffee shakes are awesome.

Phil800101
03-12-11, 2:51 am
I do the same aside from the peanut butter and fiber pre workout. A little bit of coffee with whey and some milk 45 minutes pre workout and your good to go.

Cool.

coffee shakes are awesome.

Indeed!

fawaz
03-12-11, 6:43 am
yeah ill give it a try too.its good tohave before you train but definantly not good to have before you sleep

Phil800101
03-12-11, 10:11 am
yeah ill give it a try too.its good tohave before you train but definantly not good to have before you sleep

Definitely.

Sprint
03-12-11, 10:22 am
What is you add creatine to your shake?

I'm sure I heard it's not good to mix creatine with caffeine.

Phil800101
03-12-11, 11:46 am

I get my creatine from Animal Pump. That being said, I know some shakes have creatine. The old Animal Max protein (in that sweet metal can with the death-frisbee lid, lol) had creatine in it. Alot of creatine is from food though, so if you're eating right it doesn't need to be supplemented too much.

I think it's ok to mix the two. Pump has the red pill which has a generous dose of caffeine.

A10
03-12-11, 1:06 pm
I used to do this on my way to duty in the morning nice lil 30 min drive to work a shaker of coffee and protein with oats! breakfast on the go... love it man good ingenuity

Phil800101
03-12-11, 5:40 pm
I used to do this on my way to duty in the morning nice lil 30 min drive to work a shaker of coffee and protein with oats! breakfast on the go... love it man good ingenuity

Thanks bro! Tastes good and it works.

Bruiser
03-12-11, 6:53 pm

Hell yes. It doesn't get much more basic than this. If ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sprint
03-13-11, 5:32 pm

Sorry folks, I meant What IF you add creatine to your shake.

Taken me a bit to twig my spelling mistake, but I've been a touch busy the last day or 2.

Phil800101
03-13-11, 10:16 pm
Sorry folks, I meant What IF you add creatine to your shake.

Taken me a bit to twig my spelling mistake, but I've been a touch busy the last day or 2.

Adding creatine should be fine.

Sprint
03-13-11, 10:29 pm
Adding creatine should be fine.

Cheers buddy.

kc campbell
03-14-11, 11:21 am
Made it today and it was awesome. Thanks for sharing man

Phil800101
03-14-11, 11:50 am
Made it today and it was awesome. Thanks for sharing man

Awesome, glad you liked it!

Phil800101
03-14-11, 11:50 am
Upped the coffee today to 1/2 tablespoon, for more delicious coffee flavor. Mmm...