PDA

View Full Version : A Strongman's Rage

wedge
03-14-11, 11:23 am
First off, I would like to thank Animal for contest that won me the bottle of Rage. Thanks for all the contests and give aways that you guys do.

I received Rage last Friday. I was going to wait until today to use it for the first time, but I was dragging and excited to give it a try. Had a great back/bicep workout and I have to say, Rage lives up to the hype.

First a little about me for feedback purposes. I am a journalist, local newspaper editor to be exact. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer and my days can be extremely long or early, depending on the news cycle. Because of this I covet a PWO supplement that helps pick me up for the weight room.
I am in training for my first accredited strongman contest, the Proven Performance Strongman I, on May 15 in Northborough MA. I have competed in small local YMCA strongman events, but this is my first legitimate contest.
I have used both Pump and Shock Therapy routinely, finding that ST works better for me, as I seem to respond better to powder (which is what I am using for Rage).

Now for the Rage. I actually like the taste. I like things on the sour side, so it works for me. I did not get the smack in the face energy feeling like I normally get with ST, but the energy feeling was there. I liken it to a coiled spring. You know its there and ready to let loose when needed.
Rage has the same durability as Pump, as in it lasts. I've always found that ST "wears out" as the workout progresses. Rage lasts longer than Pump, as I was still feeling its effects a few hours after my workout.
Mentally, I was able to better focus in the gym and elsewhere after. I felt it right off the bat, much like I did for the energy in ST.
I took Rage a little less than an hour after a meal (chicken/yams). As I move forward with Rage I will change things up with eating, water consumption, etc. and see how it effects everything moving forward.

In the last couple of weeks I have heard a lot about Rage and everything that people said it can do. So far it has lived up to the hype.

smoothballer
03-14-11, 11:27 am
First!

Mr. Dead
03-14-11, 11:34 am
Subbified...

wedge
03-14-11, 2:31 pm
First!

Subbified...

Welcome aboard.

I've been trying to cut back on the caffeine that I've been ingesting today, to see if that increases Rage's potency later today. So far I've only had a cup of tea (normal for me, with Splenda and a splash of non-fat milk. Gets me going and clears the head in the morning) and a few cups of Crystal Light Iced Tea (not sure if the current jug I have is caffeine free, though from hear on out it will be).
We'll see how everything goes and if I can sleep tonight. Got 11 hours yesterday, but had only 2 hours of sleep on Saturday (Nothing to do with Rage, I was out with friends).

Jay
03-14-11, 8:12 pm
Nice! looks good in here. When I take rage i try to just drink water during the day. I think im pretty sensitive to rage, and Ive experienced some trouble sleeping so I cut back to a little less then a full scoop and go from there. Tonight Im trying it with pump

wedge
03-14-11, 8:13 pm
Had my last meal before lifting, two cans of tuna, at approx. 3:30. Took Rage at about 5:15 and hit the gym shortly after. Also tried to limit my caffeine consumption today.
Did not feel the that much of a rush right out of the gate as I did Friday, but could feel it there. Everything else stayed along the same lines and I am still feeling energetic now. Jumped on the bike when I got home and did an extra cardio session. I felt that good.
Felt great in the gym and wanted to keep pounding away. Set some new PRs. Check my journey (link in my sig) if you want the specifics.
Looking forward to my first leg day with Rage tomorrow.

Jay
03-14-11, 8:16 pm
Had my last meal before lifting, two cans of tuna, at approx. 3:30. Took Rage at about 5:15 and hit the gym shortly after. Also tried to limit my caffeine consumption today.
Did not feel the that much of a rush right out of the gate as I did Friday, but could feel it there. Everything else stayed along the same lines and I am still feeling energetic now. Jumped on the bike when I got home and did an extra cardio session. I felt that good.
Felt great in the gym and wanted to keep pounding away. Set some new PRs. Check my journey (link in my sig) if you want the specifics.
Looking forward to my first leg day with Rage tomorrow.

Nice job. Also I noticed I feel the focus/concentration more then energy.

wedge
03-15-11, 11:17 am
Nice! looks good in here. When I take rage i try to just drink water during the day. I think im pretty sensitive to rage, and Ive experienced some trouble sleeping so I cut back to a little less then a full scoop and go from there. Tonight Im trying it with pump

How'd it go with Pump? I'm thinking of giving that combo a go on Sunday for strongman training. May even include the red pill to wake my ass up.

Jay
03-15-11, 5:33 pm
VERY good. The pump compliments the energy nicely. Im trying it again tonight..

wedge
03-15-11, 7:52 pm
VERY good. The pump compliments the energy nicely. Im trying it again tonight..

Nice. I am debating using the red pill as well, since I train Sunday mornings. Could help clear the cobwebs. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rage was the only caffeine that I have had today (may have a cup of tea in a bit to deal with sinus issues). Didn't feel any different having that as the only caffeine source, but I guess the real test will be at bed time tonight.
Had two cans of tuna at approx. 3:30, took Rage at approx. 5. Same results as before.
Set a few new PRs, including 405 x 5 on the hack squat machine. Great mental focus with Rage.
Tomorrow is an off day for me, but I plan on using Rage before my 6:30 a.m. cardio session. It'll kick me in the ass and work should be a breezed dialed in.

Jay
03-15-11, 9:47 pm
Ive seen some crazy rage combos done here.. Mr dead did that AGent O / shock therapy combo. Someone else kept the red pll in and said it was ok....

wedge
03-16-11, 9:46 am
Used Rage this morning pre cardio. A nice quick way to wake up in the morning.
Rest day today.

DANO
03-18-11, 6:14 pm
look forward to reading up on what you have to say about this stuff!!

wedge
03-18-11, 8:50 pm
look forward to reading up on what you have to say about this stuff!!

Thanks Dano. I'm loving Rage.

I don't get the energy surge that you normally get from ST, and I admit I miss that. However, the energy levels stay constant throughout the workout with Rage. ST always seemed to wear out at the end. The mental and focus parts are worth it alone.
I've just finished up my first full week using Rage and I have set a few PRs. Obviously, Rage wasn't the only factor in them, but it did help with the energy, focus and determination.

wedge
03-20-11, 1:53 pm
Combined Rage and Pump (including the red pill) today. Didn't feel that much different than using Rage alone. Used the red pill because I train strongman in the mornings and could use the extra wake up juice. Perhaps next time I will give ST and Rage a shot. Down ST on the half hour drive in and Rage before we begin.

Jay
03-20-11, 4:54 pm
I did notice that pump took a few days to kick in. Maybe 2-3. Then the pumps became intense. Tommorrow I may try leaving in the red pill. Let me know how that S T combo goes.

wedge
03-21-11, 1:46 pm
I did notice that pump took a few days to kick in. Maybe 2-3. Then the pumps became intense. Tommorrow I may try leaving in the red pill. Let me know how that S T combo goes.

Hmm....maybe when I have some extra cash I'll give that a run. I was using a sample pak that I acquired.

wedge
03-21-11, 8:16 pm
Really put Rage to the test today and it came through. I live in CT and the weather has been nuts. 50-60s through the weekend and now 30-low 40s with snow today (with more on the way). This weather has played havoc with my sinuses/allergies.
Felt a little out of it today and had some thoughts of not hitting the gym. Downed some Rage (and read the stories from The Cage) and went in. Energy picked up and I feel better sitting here typing this then I did when I got home from work. Love how that works.
I'll be sleeping good tonight.

ToSo
03-22-11, 10:38 am
Really put Rage to the test today and it came through. I live in CT and the weather has been nuts. 50-60s through the weekend and now 30-low 40s with snow today (with more on the way). This weather has played havoc with my sinuses/allergies.
Felt a little out of it today and had some thoughts of not hitting the gym. Downed some Rage (and read the stories from The Cage) and went in. Energy picked up and I feel better sitting here typing this then I did when I got home from work. Love how that works.
I'll be sleeping good tonight.

Nice bro, the biggest added plus of Rage to me is that it DOESN"T bother my sleep at all.

wedge
03-22-11, 11:36 am
Nice bro, the biggest added plus of Rage to me is that it DOESN"T bother my sleep at all.

Yeah, except for the first time taking it I have not had any trouble sleeping and I take it around 5 p.m. I'm a natural night owl anyway, but I have yet to see Rage keep me up more than normal.

DanTheMan
03-22-11, 11:56 pm
Used Rage this morning pre cardio. A nice quick way to wake up in the morning.
Rest day today.

hmmm i like that. did you take a full serving of rage before cardio or half?

wedge
03-23-11, 11:25 am
hmmm i like that. did you take a full serving of rage before cardio or half?

Full serving. I wanted to have the effects through work. Mental clarity and all.

Had some Coke Zero last night with dinner. The extra caffeine, along with taking Rage at 5 p.m. did not keep me up at all, which was nice. Even fell asleep a bit earlier than I wanted to.

Jay
03-23-11, 5:30 pm
Recently. On my days off from work- if i take rage around 5p 6p and then go to the gym. I cant sleep that night at all.

twoheadedboy
03-24-11, 12:13 am
In for this, always gotta support a fellow Rage contester.

There's some serious stim action going on in here...have you ever cycled off them entirely? I did this about a year ago by replacing all workout-related stims with morning coffee, then reducing that down, then nothing for 6 weeks. Everything was much more effective when I went back on it after that and it didn't take nearly as much to get me going.

wedge
03-24-11, 11:59 am
Recently. On my days off from work- if i take rage around 5p 6p and then go to the gym. I cant sleep that night at all.

In for this, always gotta support a fellow Rage contester.

There's some serious stim action going on in here...have you ever cycled off them entirely? I did this about a year ago by replacing all workout-related stims with morning coffee, then reducing that down, then nothing for 6 weeks. Everything was much more effective when I went back on it after that and it didn't take nearly as much to get me going.

I normally workout around 5. It lets me get home from work and decompress for a bit (and now lets my last meal around 3:30 digest). I've had no issues sleeping. Though keep in mind I am a nightowl by nature and typically go to sleep between midnight and 1 a.m. I'm usually up at 6:30 or 7, depending on the days, for cardio before work. Been working for me.

wedge
03-25-11, 10:22 am
Had a cup of tea (Splenda and a small splash of milk) about a half hourish before taking Rage. Didn't really want to, but my sinuses and stomach were acting up. Allergies or something. Anyway, noticed a difference. Took a little longer for Rage to hit and it felt a bit different then it normally does. Going to have to make sure I give myself at least an hour to let shit digest before taking Rage.

Jay
03-25-11, 7:12 pm
Rage hits me the best on an empty stomach..

wedge
03-26-11, 11:05 pm

Yeah, I agree. With Friday's back/bicep workout, I had about two hours between my meal and taking Rage. Felt it right away, much like I did my first time taking it.

DanTheMan
03-27-11, 8:10 pm

x2

wedge
03-28-11, 1:13 pm

x2

x3

wedge
03-29-11, 7:46 pm
Another leg day, filled with front, zurcher, hack and back squats, completed with the aid of Rage.

Jay
03-29-11, 8:20 pm
Success.

wedge
03-30-11, 9:05 am
Success.

Indeed.

wedge
04-01-11, 11:20 am
A quick note, not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but I've been dieting a bit to make sure my BW is below 200 for the contest. I'm a bit paranoid that I'll come in over.
Just weighted myself this morning and I came in at 190. Going to loosen up on the carbs and have some more in my diet, within reason.
Anyway, just wanted to mention the diet, as my numbers and strength have stayed the same or gone up a bit during it. I'm thanking Rage for playing a part in this.

twoheadedboy
04-01-11, 11:48 am
Holy shit, great job! Rage would be proud!

wedge
04-01-11, 12:37 pm
Holy shit, great job! Rage would be proud!

I'm assuming you mean the man, not the product and thanks.
I am so grateful for his and everyone else's help during that Iron Contest II. I learned so much.

wedge
04-04-11, 1:54 pm
Hit up the Rage/ST combo for Sunday's strongman training. Drank ST on my way into the gym and then had Rage a short while before starting the workout.
Had the initial shock from ST, then the sustained energy from Rage. A great combo if you are not planning on sleeping anytime soon.

Jay
04-04-11, 4:11 pm
Wow.. you went for it huh?! Maybe Ill try that out someday... Sounds like it was pretty good.

wedge
04-12-11, 8:36 pm
Wow.. you went for it huh?! Maybe Ill try that out someday... Sounds like it was pretty good.

Done it twice now. On days were sleep won't be effected. Good shit.

Rage has been a good pick me up the last few days. I've needed it.

Grinding.

Jay
04-13-11, 5:00 am
nice...

wedge
04-18-11, 2:30 pm
My last two workouts, Friday's back/biceps and Sunday's strongman were both fueled by a ST/Rage combo. When I can afford it (read: have the ability to stay up later), it is a great stack.
Sunday, I drank ST on the half hour ride into the gym. Had Rage after a brief warm up and I was good to go. Set some good PRs in training.

wedge
04-21-11, 12:42 pm
Had a shitty chest workout on Tuesday and was feeling the same for legs on Wednesday, so I hit up ST and Rage combo again. Not really sure how it affected my sleep last night. Went to bed at 1 a.m. and got up at 7 for cardio, but am feeling tired typing this.

wedge
04-29-11, 1:42 pm
Been relying heavily on Rage the last few days. Have had to cover for my reporter who is on vacation, so I've been having late nights and early mornings to hit the weights.
Nothing wakes you up better than an early morning squat session and some Rage.

DANO
04-29-11, 4:10 pm
Been relying heavily on Rage the last few days. Have had to cover for my reporter who is on vacation, so I've been having late nights and early mornings to hit the weights.

Amen brother!

Bruiser
04-30-11, 7:51 am

That's the true "Breakfast of Champions". F*** Wheaties!

wedge
05-04-11, 11:54 am
That's the true "Breakfast of Champions". F*** Wheaties!

Definitely wakes you up for the rest of the grind.

Jay
05-05-11, 5:40 pm
Definitely wakes you up for the rest of the grind.

I tried that yesterday for wake up cardio. Kinda felt like I was walkin on air on the tredmill.

wedge
05-12-11, 12:53 pm
Found out recently that my can of Rage has a bottom. Using the remainder this weekend for my contest. Nice little ST and Rage combo.

DANO
05-12-11, 12:55 pm
Found out recently that my can of Rage has a bottom. Using the remainder this weekend for my contest. Nice little ST and Rage combo.

Haha... "unfair advantage" my ass! <grin> good luck brother!

wedge
05-17-11, 1:13 pm
At the contest on Sunday I had two doses of Rage and a dose of ST throughout the day. Had issues sleeping that night.

DANO
05-17-11, 1:17 pm
At the contest on Sunday I had two doses of Rage and a dose of ST throughout the day. Had issues sleeping that night.

That night or so far this week?!?! haha... how'd the comp go brother?

wedge
05-17-11, 2:09 pm
That night or so far this week?!?! haha... how'd the comp go brother?

Just that night. Thank god I had Monday off of work. Hit up my journey or the Taxation thread for results.

Bruiser
05-17-11, 3:36 pm

Damn man. I bet. I wouldn't sleep for a week after that!

wedge
05-18-11, 12:52 pm
Damn man. I bet. I wouldn't sleep for a week after that!

I think I hit somewhere near 24 hrs. I can't blame the whole thing on Rage though. Stayed over in a hotel room and the wife forgot her mouthpiece at home, so she SNORED the hell out of the room. Thought of going to get my own separate room at one point.

Bruiser
05-18-11, 2:15 pm
I think I hit somewhere near 24 hrs. I can't blame the whole thing on Rage though. Stayed over in a hotel room and the wife forgot her mouthpiece at home, so she SNORED the hell out of the room. Thought of going to get my own separate room at one point.

You should have given her some Rage so she would stay awake and not snore! You would have slept great. lol

wedge
05-24-11, 12:53 pm
You should have given her some Rage so she would stay awake and not snore! You would have slept great. lol

Considering she doesn't really use caffeine, I think she would have been up for days if I did that.

Used up the last of my Rage last night. Thanks again Animal/Corporate for hooking me up with an early Rage promo. It was much appreciated.
Timed everything perfect. I have a new bottle of Rage waiting for me at home, just came in this afternoon with my supplement order.

DANO
05-24-11, 2:21 pm
Maybe you can time this round by getting one of the new flavors by the time this one runs out! haha