PDA

View Full Version : Put up or Shut Up

Punisher
03-15-11, 12:51 am
Finally made the decision to put all these years of hard work to the test and see where I stand, time to step on stage.

I saw my boy G this weekend exactly 9 weeks out from my first show I had been dieting for abbot 5 weeks already. I initially made the decision to step on stage when I had the privilege to see big ev 2 weeks out from the flex pro. The fire in his eyes and intensity he exhumed made me hungry for more and seeing guys like antoinne Christian and the hoff this weekend at the ubc put the fire under my ass to step it up and earn the right to call my self a bodybuilder

Stay tuned....

G Diesel
03-15-11, 10:58 am
This is a journey I'm genuinely excited to follow.

Punisher (aka Mike D) is a good friend and a young bodybuilder with a lot of potential.

Seeing him step on stage 9 weeks from now is going to be crazy.

Looking forward to seeing the details of his training, diet and supps.

Peace, G

Punisher
03-15-11, 3:22 pm
Just hit chest and light tris, I have been trying to bring my arms up by doing them twice a week, once heavy and nice lighter more reps for a good pump

Started with incline press 4 sets of 15-10 reps going up in weight each set
Bench on smith same rep range focusing on squeezing the muscle
4 sets of dumbbell pull overs supersetted with high rep push ups
Finally machine flys drop set on each set
Cable push downs 12-15 reps drop set each set
Over head dumbbell extensions seated 12 reps
Finished off with dips to failure

Threw down 2 packs of nitro then 20 mins of cardio followed by 10 grams ofnglutamine mixed with half a scoop of eaa nitro

Punisher
03-15-11, 3:23 pm
Thanks G hope to make you proud

ToSo
03-15-11, 3:29 pm
Good luck bro, hope all goes well. Going to be following this "journey."

G Diesel
03-15-11, 5:30 pm
Threw down 2 packs of nitro then 20 mins of cardio followed by 10 grams ofnglutamine mixed with half a scoop of eaa nitro

That postworkout protocol looks "Centopanian" in nature. Haha. Good shit bro.

Peace, G

Punisher
03-15-11, 9:27 pm
Lol just going with what works....just did 40 mins cardio half step mill finished with treadmill beatt

Jay
03-15-11, 9:45 pm
Nice! Yea seeing the motivation at the UBC makes me want to compete as well.

smoothballer
03-15-11, 10:05 pm
Good luck bro! Keep pushing yourself and you WILL achieve your goals!

G Diesel
03-16-11, 8:41 am
Another day, another dollar... Back at it my brother, no time to waste.

Peace, G

Punisher
03-16-11, 9:50 am
Another day, another dollar... Back at it my brother, no time to waste.

Peace, G

Just threw down meal 1 with pak and 500 mg of acetyl-l-carnitine off to do more cardio and stock up on chicken and sweet potatoes

Side note I discovered the two new trial flavors of diet mt dew and while I haven't been drinking soda these will definitely make the next few weeks go a lot better!

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
03-16-11, 9:56 am
Side note I discovered the two new trial flavors of diet mt dew and while I haven't been drinking soda these will definitely make the next few weeks go a lot better!

THIS!!! haha I picked up a few cases this week. I'm really feelin the supernova.

Aggression
03-16-11, 10:22 am
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing this unfold. Best of luck to you, D.

G Diesel
03-16-11, 10:30 am
Just threw down meal 1 with pak and 500 mg of acetyl-l-carnitine off to do more cardio and stock up on chicken and sweet potatoes

THIS!!! haha I picked up a few cases this week. I'm really feelin the supernova.

OK, now I'm intrigued, what do the new flavors of Diet Dew taste like?

Peace, G

naturalguy
03-16-11, 10:47 am
In for this ride. You are looking good this far out, we will be rooting for you.

Now if you only had a nice cooler to carry all your meals in you would be set

C.Coronato
03-16-11, 11:57 am
Glad to see you diggin in and stepping on stage. Its a rough ride, but you will get through it my man. Ill be there for sure!

Punisher
03-16-11, 12:00 pm
Just got back from a 30 min AM cardio session with 1 scoop of Atomic7 sipped throughout....weighed in a little lighter than I wanted so I may haft have a cheat this weekend or cut back on the cardio...just wanna b ready and look like I belong on that stage

Punisher
03-16-11, 12:02 pm

I'm a fan of the voltage but it looks like supernova is Gunna win

Punisher
03-16-11, 12:03 pm
In for this ride. You are looking good this far out, we will be rooting for you.

Thanks bro...I need one! Picking one up once I find a good deal for now the one I have will have to suffice

G Diesel
03-16-11, 12:13 pm

If you can get a 6 Pack cooler, you can be a real bber like NG.

Peace, G

Punisher
03-16-11, 12:32 pm
If you can get a 6 Pack cooler, you can be a real bber like NG.

Peace, G

Lol if I hadda choose between the 6 pak cooler or 6 pak abs I'll take the abs and some blue dew

Punisher
03-17-11, 11:14 am
Last night hit hams and calves . I split em up so I can focus on getting more growth out of them. It put me in the gym 6 days a week but I don't really mind.

4 sets lying leg curls
4 sets stiff leg dead lifts
4 sets standing unilateral ham curls
4 sets of high leg presses
5 sets of standiNg calves raises withndrop sets

Post workout 2 paks of nitro

15 mins cardio

1/2 scoop eaa nitro with 10 grams of glutamine

G Diesel
03-17-11, 11:49 am
Last night hit hams and calves . I split em up so I can focus on getting more growth out of them. It put me in the gym 6 days a week but I don't really mind.

4 sets lying leg curls
4 sets stiff leg dead lifts
4 sets standing unilateral ham curls
4 sets of high leg presses
5 sets of standiNg calves raises withndrop sets

Post workout 2 paks of nitro

15 mins cardio

Where are the unilateral DB stiff leg DLs we talked about? Haha.

Peace, G

Punisher
03-17-11, 1:31 pm
Oh shit I forgot about those! I'll have to work em in next week or maybe Saturday when I hit quads.

Just got back from 40 mins cardio 20 step mill 20 tread atomic7 sipped throughout.

I really am not abbig believer in cardio on an empty stomach I always do it after a meal or postworkout I just don't see any Benefit as well as any real science to back it up.

Punisher
03-17-11, 9:33 pm
Delts

4 sets smith military press with abdouble drop set on last set
4 sets upright rows supersetted with dumbbell lateral raises
4 sets dumbbell shrugs
4 sets front raises with a barbell
4 sets rear delt flys on machine
3 sets of dumbbell Arnold presses seated

2 paks of nitro

20 minutes on treadmill

Punisher
03-18-11, 1:55 pm
30 mins of cardio this morning with atomic7

Seems like it's getting to be monotonous but I'm still motivated just hoping to be ready come Showtime
I know most people disagree with me on this but I am doing it myself...no gurus no prep coach so it's all on me no1 to blame but myself. Over the years I have heard it time and time again that nobody knows your body like you do and what better way tomlearn you can only be your best by trying something . It will either work or it won't you just haft learn from it either way

Aggression
03-18-11, 2:22 pm
Much respect to you for doing all the prep on your own. I wish you the best of luck. However, I don't envy you. Only 1/2 serving of EAA Nitro postWO? Damn, I remember those days. For now, I'll keep to having 2 full scoops postWO and be good!

Punisher
03-18-11, 2:31 pm
Much respect to you for doing all the prep on your own. I wish you the best of luck. However, I don't envy you. Only 1/2 serving of EAA Nitro postWO? Damn, I remember those days. For now, I'll keep to having 2 full scoops postWO and be good!

Lol I do eat a meal about 15 minute pro though so it's not too bad! I actually don't mind the diet, it's the people around me who get on my case about not being able to eat what they eat.

Aggression
03-18-11, 2:35 pm
I actually don't mind the diet, it's the people around me who get on my case about not being able to eat what they eat.

I felt the same way. The actual diet wasn't bad. It was all the comments from friends and family that became aggravating.

I'm interested to see how the cardio works out for you on a non-empty stomach.

Punisher
03-18-11, 2:42 pm
I felt the same way. The actual diet wasn't bad. It was all the comments from friends and family that became aggravating.

I'm interested to see how the cardio works out for you on a non-empty stomach.

I wish I didn't even have to do cardio like some guys I feel that if I do too much I just get skinny and lose muscle so keeping it minimal is best for me. And I've tried doin it on an empty stomach and it just drains me completely not in a good way. It should be used as a tool not only to burn some extra cals but to rev up your metabolism throughout the day.

Punisher
03-21-11, 9:52 am
Snowing up here in ct on the first day of spring....over the weekend I hit quads at jersey shore fitness in Bradley and cardio and some light chest Sunday with my boy Brandon whom is 3 weeks outright now. Lucky bastard still hasn't had to do cardio and is shredded ready to go.

I also made some tweaks to my diet as my fats were way too high at around 150 down to around 50 now, even though they were high and still made some major improvements. from here on out I'm also going to start dropping carbs by 20 a week which will leave me close to zero one week out perfect for my carb up/ water/drop let's see what these next few weeks brings.

Aggression
03-21-11, 9:59 am

Picked up a case of voltage this weekend. damn, delicious.

C.Coronato
03-21-11, 11:27 am
Where are the unilateral DB stiff leg DLs we talked about? Haha.

Peace, G

Good stuff right there.

Punisher
03-21-11, 12:13 pm
Picked up a case of voltage this weekend. damn, delicious.

Bro go vote for it supernova is winning....not cool

Aggression
03-21-11, 12:32 pm
Bro go vote for it supernova is winning....not cool

wouldn't be fair, brah. I haven't had the supernova yet! But Ok, I'll vote anyway.

EDIT: Voted for Voltage. Supernova sounds terrible.

Wycked
03-21-11, 1:27 pm
Finally made the decision to put all these years of hard work to the test and see where I stand, time to step on stage.

I saw my boy G this weekend exactly 9 weeks out from my first show I had been dieting for abbot 5 weeks already. I initially made the decision to step on stage when I had the privilege to see big ev 2 weeks out from the flex pro. The fire in his eyes and intensity he exhumed made me hungry for more and seeing guys like antoinne Christian and the hoff this weekend at the ubc put the fire under my ass to step it up and earn the right to call my self a bodybuilder

Stay tuned....

your first show! i'm excited for enjoy the exprience and be careful the stage bug will bite u and you'll be hooked. nothing like being on stage looking the best you've ever looked and having people admiring your hard work. the first show is always the hardest because its something new but trust me its all worth it bro. i wish u all the best

Punisher
03-21-11, 1:46 pm
your first show! i'm excited for enjoy the exprience and be careful the stage bug will bite u and you'll be hooked. nothing like being on stage looking the best you've ever looked and having people admiring your hard work. the first show is always the hardest because its something new but trust me its all worth it bro. i wish u all the best

Thanks I really appreciate you checking out my thread! I hope all this hard work pays off. I know I may not win but I'll never know until I put myself out there and just do it. I really want to look the best I possibly can and worry about improvements after the show. I'm doing the jersey shore may 14th. It would be great to have some extra Animal support! Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet at the ubc bro u were without a doubt the largest man there! Are you in jersey???

Punisher
03-21-11, 1:50 pm
wouldn't be fair, brah. I haven't had the supernova yet! But Ok, I'll vote anyway.

EDIT: Voted for Voltage. Supernova sounds terrible.

It's ok but voltage is where it's at

Mystique919
03-21-11, 4:38 pm
you are the master of your destiny. xoxo

Wycked
03-22-11, 10:34 am
Thanks I really appreciate you checking out my thread! I hope all this hard work pays off. I know I may not win but I'll never know until I put myself out there and just do it. I really want to look the best I possibly can and worry about improvements after the show. I'm doing the jersey shore may 14th. It would be great to have some extra Animal support! Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet at the ubc bro u were without a doubt the largest man there! Are you in jersey???

hard work always pays off bro don't ever doubt that. no one knows whats going to happen on the day of a show that is completely out of your hands and in the judges but u looking the best can is in your hands and if u accomplish that who gives a shit what some judges think....my guess is that they'll think pretty highly of it lol

i tell ya what if i'm in jersey on the 14th of may i will do my best to be there if u send me the info. in the misdst of contemplating a move and going back and forth to canada dealing with some family issues. but if i'm here i'll be there

regardless kick ass and rep animal bro and have a blast bodybuilding is fun man . oh and the food after...... heaven lmao

Enforcer
03-22-11, 11:43 am
So this is the year that the Punisher and Enforcer both step on stage for the first time. Wishing you all the best with your show prep bro.

Aggression
03-22-11, 11:44 am
So this is the year that the Punisher and Enforcer both step on stage for the first time. Wishing you all the best with your show prep bro.

big thangs happening in dub-uno. Looking forward to both of you stepping on stage.

Punisher
03-22-11, 12:11 pm
hard work always pays off bro don't ever doubt that. no one knows whats going to happen on the day of a show that is completely out of your hands and in the judges but u looking the best can is in your hands and if u accomplish that who gives a shit what some judges think....my guess is that they'll think pretty highly of it lol

i tell ya what if i'm in jersey on the 14th of may i will do my best to be there if u send me the info. in the misdst of contemplating a move and going back and forth to canada dealing with some family issues. but if i'm here i'll be there

regardless kick ass and rep animal bro and have a blast bodybuilding is fun man . oh and the food after...... heaven lmao
I have a list a mile long for after first thing I wanna do is crush a square from l & b spumoni gardens best pizza in the world!

Punisher
03-22-11, 12:12 pm

This is exciting news!

Mystique919
03-22-11, 4:57 pm
He even bought 4 NEW Ben & Jerry Flavors, just in case they are not around in May! :)

Punisher
03-22-11, 5:05 pm
He even bought 4 NEW Ben & Jerry Flavors, just in case they are not around in May! :)

Lol shhh about that

Punisher
03-23-11, 11:53 am
A little busy this week...Monday hit back and some light bis

I feel like my strength is mostly swith me which is good, I got a little weaker on deadlifts but I guess that's expected. I also got a lot of comments on Monday about how I looked from people who don't even know I'm dieting or doing a show or that I normally talk to which is good I think.

Last night hit chest
4 sets incline presses drop set on last set
4 sets machine flat presses drop on last set
4 sets of machine flys
4 sets of pullovers supersetted with dips
3 sets tricep press downs supersetted with close grip pushups
3 sets dumbbells seated overhead extensions
2 packs nitro

Followed by 30 mins of cardio

Half a scoop eaa nitro with 10 grams of glutamine

Punisher
03-24-11, 12:34 pm
Last night hams and calves

4 sets lying leg curls
4 sets unilateral stiff leg dumbbell deadliest
4 sets standing Hammer leg curls supersetted with high leg press pushing through the heels
4 sets standing calf raises superset with one leg bodyweight calf raise

2 paks nitro

30 minion tread

1/2 scoop eaa nitro with10 grams of glutamine

Those unilateral dumbbel deeds were one of the best ham exercises I have ever done thanks g!

wedge
03-24-11, 1:13 pm
The thread title drew me in, but the hard work and dedication will keep me coming back. Like you I am gearing up for my first contest, a legitimate strongman contest on May 15 in MA. Definitely time to put up. Keep up the good work bro.

G Diesel
03-24-11, 1:30 pm
Last night hams and calves

4 sets lying leg curls
4 sets unilateral stiff leg dumbbell deadliest
4 sets standing Hammer leg curls supersetted with high leg press pushing through the heels
4 sets standing calf raises superset with one leg bodyweight calf raise

2 paks nitro

30 minion tread

1/2 scoop eaa nitro with10 grams of glutamine

Those unilateral dumbbel deeds were one of the best ham exercises I have ever done thanks g!

Nice my friend... Nice.

Good shit bro. Keep killing it.

Peace, G

Punisher
03-25-11, 4:38 pm
The thread title drew me in, but the hard work and dedication will keep me coming back. Like you I am gearing up for my first contest, a legitimate strongman contest on May 15 in MA. Definitely time to put up. Keep up the good work bro.

Good luck at ur show man! If it wasn't the day after mine I'd be there for sure...where in ct are you?? I'm in Fairfield county as of now.

Punisher
03-25-11, 7:04 pm
I think dieting makes you love food...food network and food programs on travel channel are the only thing I want to watch!

Punisher
03-29-11, 12:42 pm
Last night I incorporated fst-7 into my back training and all I can say is wow! I haven't had a pump like that in a long time and my back is sore for the first time in a long time.

Cable rows 4 sets. 8-12 reps
Reverse grip pull downs3 sets 10-12
Weighted hyper extensions 3 sets
T bar rows 3 sets 8-12
Deadlifts 3 sets 10-12 reps
Machine rows 7 x 10-12

2 paks nitro

30 mins cardio

I was sure to drink a lot of water to help maximize the pump, I was surprised bc I recently cut my carb intake again by 20 grams

Aggression
03-29-11, 12:47 pm
keep truckin', bro. Let's see how the FST-7 works for you in the final weeks.

wedge
03-30-11, 8:54 am
Nice back day bro.
I'm holding it down in Naugatuck, about a ten minute drive outside of Waterbury.

Punisher
04-03-11, 4:39 pm
This week was tough and its only Gunna get worse.....just thinking about all thevfood i can't have yet!

Cut carbs by 20 grams and cutting em again this week

It sucks but hopefully it'll b worth it....I also incorporated fst-7 into my routine and love the pump I get even with my carbs this low

At the 6 week mark now hoping I'll make it in time

Staying lean in the offseason is going to be an absolute priority of mine I don't want to go through this again lol

Mystique919
04-04-11, 5:26 pm
yes it does suck.

Punisher
04-10-11, 9:29 am
Been really busy lately trying to balance this show with everything else in my life...workouts have been going good but I still need to bring out my lower back and more separation in my quads and glutes....

Been talking to big ant he thinks I look like I will be ready and those things will b the last to come in

Dropping carbs again by 20 grams to 80 after my huge carb up and steak meal yesterday I feel a lot better and still leaning

Enforcer
04-10-11, 11:48 am
Im liking the FSt-7 thrown ib ther ebro, def. a nice a lil change up. And yea you def. get a serious pump it. Glad to hear all is well, wishing you all the best with your show prep. Bout a month away now

Punisher
04-10-11, 6:31 pm
Im liking the FSt-7 thrown ib ther ebro, def. a nice a lil change up. And yea you def. get a serious pump it. Glad to hear all is well, wishing you all the best with your show prep. Bout a month away now

5 weeks! I want more time lol

G Diesel
04-11-11, 8:59 am
Keep killing it, Pun... You're gonna do damage my brother.

Peace, G

Enforcer
04-11-11, 10:25 am
5 weeks! I want more time lol

Hang in there bro, keep your eye on the prize

Punisher
04-12-11, 9:15 am
Killed back and bis ast night....getting pretty vascular but need a lot more separation

Reverse grip pull downs 4 sets
Cable rows 3 sets
HyperExt 3 sets
Dumbbell pull overs 3 sets
Machine rows fst 7

Alternating bicep curls 3 sets
Bicep barbell curls 3 sets
Hammer curls 3 sets

2 paks nitropwo/ 10 g glutamine + eaa stack + atomic 7 post cardio

40 mins cardio pro

Punisher
04-12-11, 9:16 am
Keep killing it, Pun... You're gonna do damage my brother.

Peace, G

Hang in there bro, keep your eye on the prize

Thanks guys I really need the support just worried about being ready

Aggression
04-12-11, 9:44 am
2 paks nitropwo/ 10 g glutamine + eaa stack + atomic 7 post cardio

Oh shit, the EAA Nitro is gone. Down to zero carbs. Gettin' dialed in.

C.Coronato
04-12-11, 9:56 am
Thanks guys I really need the support just worried about being ready

Dont worry, the diet def plays mind games. Keep on track, you will do fine brother.

MRmichael.hooker
04-12-11, 11:24 am
Liking the fst7 i see?

wedge
04-20-11, 1:26 pm
Bring it home bro.

Mystique919
04-21-11, 9:14 pm
I'm so proud of you! 3 weeks left!

BigAnt
04-24-11, 12:23 am
The pics you sent me look very good, but you want to walk out on that stage with your class and you want that first call out and than go back in line! Let the placements from #2 and later be fought for, you WANT THAT that #1 and by talking to you and seeing the hard work and dedication your putting in -- you will do that!

Wow--after the show is your mom going to make one of her famous Italian delicious dinners?
I am there!

Remember to pose pose and pose...

G Diesel
04-25-11, 9:31 am
You have the winner's mindset... The discipline. The dedication. The big picture thinking.

Kill it my brother... Finish strong.

Peace, G

Mystique919
05-12-11, 7:44 pm
Saturday is the big day! 2 days to go!! I'm so proud of you!!

BigAnt
05-14-11, 11:05 pm
A great showing you had today...be proud!

VERY NICE JOB!

Was cool to see You-Jenna-Your Parents again!

You have some nice friends!
Dogs are very cool as well....

You still eating that shrimp scampi pizza?
Looked and smelled toooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Enforcer
05-17-11, 10:59 am
Congrats on the show placing bro, wishin you all the best with your next one. Talked to u last night and u already have the planned laid out, all thats left is to execute it. Keep killin it bro

G Diesel
05-17-11, 12:26 pm
Proud as hell of you my brother... Very impressive.

Peace, G