PDA

View Full Version : New idea, take a look

korn_fed
03-20-11, 10:46 pm
So tonight, I'm sittin here finishing up my homework (still in high school, I'm only 16 not 20 like it says in my profile) and looking at bodybuilding videos and I thought, why not have a few of the Animal guys do an assembly at school to talk about bodybuilding and what its all about? High schoolers dont understand the idea of it, they think its all about juicing up and drinking protein shakes. I get comments every day like "anybody can take creatine and shoot up and get big" and the more i try to explain it to them, the less they wanna hear about it. Now I dont know if this has been done in the past (I know theres the Animal Outreach Program), but I wanted to her some opinions

Jay
03-20-11, 11:48 pm
I believe something like that happened, were some fellows went to a high school to talk to some youths about training, etc. I recall seeing it on the site somewhere but cant find it....

Captain Caveman
03-21-11, 12:17 am
I believe something like that happened, were some fellows went to a high school to talk to some youths about training, etc. I recall seeing it on the site somewhere but cant find it....

That was Higa's outreach program. Good stuff man and it would be awesome to see something like that done again.

Wycked
03-21-11, 12:33 am
it's really time there was a large scale movement put in order to educate the dumb an ignorant people of the world on what exactly it takes to be a bodybuilder and or powerlifter.

your average jor in the gym has no fuckin clue what it means to be dedicated to something besides looking good for chicks. show me any body builder that does shit to impress chicks and i guarantee u he looks like shit

to be continued...... my hot gf just got home lol

Sprint
03-21-11, 12:48 pm
This sounds good to me. Not just schools but in gyms as well.

Maybe a piece on correct technique on the basics like squats, tricep pressdowns & the other usual suspects exercises that folk do wrong cos they're sticking too much weight on.

Eduction = Strength.

Mr. Dead
03-21-11, 12:56 pm
it's really time there was a large scale movement put in order to educate the dumb an ignorant people of the world on what exactly it takes to be a bodybuilder and or powerlifter.

your average jor in the gym has no fuckin clue what it means to be dedicated to something besides looking good for chicks. show me any body builder that does shit to impress chicks and i guarantee u he looks like shit

One must have their priorities in order... *LOL*

Phil800101
03-21-11, 1:07 pm
There is a natural BBing show in the summer at the one high school near me.

At least once during the school year there was a motivational-type assembly for all the students about being drug free and bbing, I think several of the competitors came in and talked. I know they did this assembly at least once, not sure if they did it any other times. I didn't see it, but my dad told me about it (he's a teacher there).

HIGA MONSTER
03-21-11, 1:17 pm
G Diesel, Big Al, Aggression, Enforcer and others did a Animal Outreach in the Philly or Jersey area too.
I think it was early last year?

I will let them chime in. I did my Animal Outreach here in Seattle last November.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
03-21-11, 1:18 pm
Fuckin hilarious Big Mike!

HIGA

Wycked
03-21-11, 1:20 pm

lol that last part my gf said i wouldn't write so i did! lol sorry about that lmao

anyway....

it would be as i was saying great thing to be a part of crew that went around the country to educated people about just how hard it is both mentally and physically to be a bodybuilder / powerlifter. i'd love to get a chance to challenege peoples preceptions and ignorance to the sport of bodybuilding. alot of people as mentioned just think dudes take drugs and get big and that's that. the thing is there is so much more to it than that. the drive, dedication and mental fortitude needed to haul your ass to the gym everyday is always undermined and thats no right.

Universal Rep
03-21-11, 1:26 pm
G Diesel, Big Al, Aggression, Enforcer and others did a Animal Outreach in the Philly or Jersey area too.
I think it was early last year?

I will let them chime in. I did my Animal Outreach here in Seattle last November.

HIGA MONSTER

Animal Outreach in the Philly here here.. http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=477&section=

Ur Animal Outreach here... http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=516&section=

Giving back and spreading knowledge... Part of Corporate's larger mission.

HIGA MONSTER
03-21-11, 1:40 pm
Animal Outreach in the Philly here here.. http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=477&section=

Ur Animal Outreach here... http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=516&section=

Giving back and spreading knowledge... Part of Corporate's larger mission.
Roger that.

I was too lazy to dig it up because I'm doing laundry here at home like the "House Bitch" I am, while my youngest daughter is watching Sesame Street.

HIGA

korn_fed
03-21-11, 5:56 pm
this thread definately blew up fast! guess it was a good idea huh? hahaha
and when is the next outreach program/how can i inquiry about having one in NY?