PDA

View Full Version : Elite feels the heat with RAGE

Elite
03-23-11, 6:48 pm
So after much anticipation, probably stretching back to last years alpha testing if i'm honest, i finally got my hands on some Animal RAGE (powder). A decent price of £28.99 for 44 servings. Had a long day at work, with plenty of hustle & bustle (i work in an operating department) and every day stretches you both mentally & at times, physically to the limit. Got my tub of RAGE delivered to work, along with some Storm and a ton of goodies from a bulk powder site. Tonight i was training legs.

My Usual Split:
M- OFF
T- CHEST/DELTS
W - OFF
T - BACK/TRI'S
F - OFF
S - LEGS/BI'S
S - CHEST/DELTS and so on...

My supps...
Whey/Egg protein
Multi V, extra B-Vits/calcium/vitamin D
Fish Oil, Ev prim and CLA spread through the day
L-Carnitine upon waking and mid afternoon
iBCAA & Glutamine upon waking/intra/post workout
Amino 2700 (9 before bed)
CEE 1HR before training
Storm post w/o & off days
Digestive enzymes with every meal
Glucosamine HCL, Chondroitin Sulphate, MSM, Boron twice a day
ZMA, Melatonin, 5htp before bed

My diet for what it's worth....
7am: 50g Whey/Egg protein, Fine ground oats, oatbran, psyllium husk all shook up in a shaker
10:30: 2 tins tuna (70g pro) in a wrap with salad
13:30: 200g chicken breast, mash potato, broccoli
16:30: 50g Whey/Egg protein, fine ground oats, oatbran
17:45: RAGE
18:00: TRAIN legs
19:00: 25G Hydrolysed Whey, 10g Glutamine, 5g iBCAA, 40g Waxy Maize, Storm.
20:00: 200g Chicken breast, mash potato, greens
22:00: 2 tins tuna in a wrap with salad.
23:30: 30g egg protein, psyllium husk

So apprx 75mins after a pro/oat shake i took RAGE

Taste:
Strange. Not half as bad as i'd imagined. Swirled up a scoop (apprx 8g) into 4oz water and knocked it back in 2 swigs. Ok, so it's not pleasant, but it's nothing to cry about. Couldn't really taste anything, except a little funk on the sides of my tongue. Soon vanished. Definately wouldn't call it orange though.

Quick Energy:
After a few minutes of knockin it back, had a warming feeling in my chest, like when you take a shot of whisky. Had heard it starts to rev up after 10mins and by the time i had left my place and walked for 10mins, i really started to notice the immediate energy kick. Came to a busy main road and whilst waiting to cross, i began warming up my legs, as i couldn't stand still. The journey from mine to the gym takes a good 15mins and i walk pretty briskly. So it's also my warm up sorted. By the time i get to the gym i'm entering the zone and cant get up to the gym, then back downstairs to the leg area quick enough. Already starting to feel the heat too. Warmed up with 2 sets of 25 reps leg extensions, then headed over to the squat rack, as it was vacant for a change. Weird thing happened, doing warmups with the bar, 85lbs,135lbs then 225lbs i didnt want to stop. I was going up and down, but didnt feel the usual 'ok, thats enough warmups reps', so just kept reppin, so PR for warmup reps before i even started working sets!!! ;) lol...
On my working sets there was minimal rest between sets and this was heavy 3-5 rep squats day, where there's usually 3mins or so. I had about 1min rest between sets today, then went straight to a 30rep widowmaker. I was hot, very very hot and when i looked in the mirror after before racking the bar, my face was beetroot. Squats have never been done so quick and although i got the PR weight for 3&5 reps i had expected anyway, i felt rage really helped me on the widowmaker with a few extra reps (got 26 last time).

Focus/Intensity/Endurance:
I'm pretty used to being zoned when i train, as i usually mix Shock Therapy with 1.5g L-Carnitine and 1g Tyrosine (shits great for cardio). Was suprised to see RAGE didnt include L-Carnitine, as it's such a great compound for energy production, fat metabolism, focus and endurance. It's one of my staples. I moved on to hoizontal leg press and the focus and intensity on my last set was incredible. I just couldnt stop. Every rep was 'one more', then 'one more', just zoned in. Got 8 reps last week and although i got to 10 this week, i just kept on, one by one, big deep breaths and probably 15-20secs between reps, to 16. Before my legs just went 'no way, your head might still be there, but i'm gone'. Was pretty mangled after that, but then within 1min, i was onto 1legged ham curls, focusing on squeeze and slow negatives. Again, great focus, just head in hands, every rep, staring crazed at the floor. The endurance and focus carried on all the way through SLDL's and calves, before i finished off with box squats.

I normally sweat loads because (a) I wear loads of layers for the 1st few excercises to get warmed up and (b) Because i just sweat easy anyway. RAGE took my sweats to whole new territory tonight, haha, serious sweats, through my vest, Iconic T and hoody.

RAGE got off to a great start tonight. Things are VERY promising. Got the focus, energy (both immediate and sustained) and intensity i was expecting. Along with the extra heat and sweats. But as i was walking through the park, on my way home, i realised how clear my head was. I never really noticed a 'crash' as such, from other pre workouts, until tonight. I realised how i should feel after coming home. Beat, yes. My legs are mush and i feel mentally like i gave everything and taxed my CNS. But i feel smooth and clear headed too, which i noticed i never had before. We'll see if it's adds the cherry on top and even has a positive effect on my sleep tonight. I'm off work tomorrow and hitting chest.

Interested to see if this can carry on through a whole month, or tub even. 1st impressions are very big kudos and congrats to Universal and there R&D Dept

Elite
03-23-11, 6:50 pm
Wow, i typed way too much, like a bloody screenplay! RAGE has got into my fingers...

smoothballer
03-24-11, 8:27 am
Killer first Rage workout Elite!