PDA

View Full Version : Rage: It's a Hell of a Supp...

B Con
03-28-11, 2:29 pm
http://www.noirgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dave-chappelle.jpg

"Cocaine--it's a hell of a drug!" - Dave Chappelle

Similar to that intro, I view Animal Rage as a hell of a supp.... I had the distinct honor to test Animal Rage (code named Agent O) back before it was available to the general public... no after all the bells and whistles have been finalized on it, I'm going to give it a fair shake and provide my honest feedback regarding this supplement.

I keep track of my own personal workouts in my own training journal on here... so this log will briefly outline the effects (both real and possibly placebo?) that I notice while taking Rage. From my past experiences, Rage packs a hell of a punch and a swift kick to the ass. I could definitely use that early in the mornings when I train.

Regardless, raw and unedited, I bring you my journey with Animal Rage....

ToSo
03-28-11, 2:33 pm
In. Rage: "It's a Hell of a Supplement!" Agreed.

Mr. Dead
03-28-11, 2:34 pm
Uhm... Hi...

smoothballer
03-28-11, 2:35 pm
In...

B Con
03-28-11, 2:55 pm
In. Rage: "It's a Hell of a Supplement!" Agreed.

Uhm... Hi...

In...

Oh yeah... good times and thanks for joing in fellas.

Big C
03-28-11, 3:16 pm
Do I know you?

B Con
03-28-11, 4:04 pm
Do I know you?

lol like I said... Cocaine... I mean Rage... it's a hell of a supp...

Jay
03-28-11, 4:52 pm
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3742/90196973.png (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/90196973.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

In for the review.............

B Con
03-29-11, 2:40 pm
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3742/90196973.png (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/90196973.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

In for the review.............

Glad to have ya for the ride Rhino.

B Con
03-29-11, 3:13 pm
Day Uno
-I woke up pissed off, slow, tired, sluggish, and wanting more sleep. That's right I hit snooze countless times on my alarm clock... woke up 35 minutes late and was pissed b/c now I wouldn't be able to lift and would be crunched for time as is. I was amped to use Rage on a lifting day... but fuck it I would improvise.
-Improvise I did as I opted to squeeze in cardio/abs... Rage still did the trick. Took around 20 mins to really kick in but when it did, I was tired no mas. Seriously made me push cardio harder than I think I would have otherwise. Good stuff.
-I still don't think the flavor is "great" but it's definitely not that bad.

ToSo
03-29-11, 4:06 pm
Day Uno
-I woke up pissed off, slow, tired, sluggish, and wanting more sleep. That's right I hit snooze countless times on my alarm clock... woke up 35 minutes late and was pissed b/c now I wouldn't be able to lift and would be crunched for time as is. I was amped to use Rage on a lifting day... but fuck it I would improvise.
-Improvise I did as I opted to squeeze in cardio/abs... Rage still did the trick. Took around 20 mins to really kick in but when it did, I was tired no mas. Seriously made me push cardio harder than I think I would have otherwise. Good stuff.
-I still don't think the flavor is "great" but it's definitely not that bad.

Rage, also great for a cardio combo. As for taste I've realized, the less water you use the better, I do my shot with just about 3oz of water.

naturalguy
03-29-11, 4:21 pm
Love the intro

wedge
03-29-11, 4:42 pm
Rage, also great for a cardio combo. As for taste I've realized, the less water you use the better, I do my shot with just about 3oz of water.

Def a great wake you the fuck up for early morning cardio.

B Con
03-30-11, 1:22 pm

I've tried a multitude of various levels of water with it and can't ever seem to find the right one... oh well. I may just not be an orange fan.

But yea the cardio combo did the trick. Throw some yohimbe with this and it'd prob do wonders for cardio in the bed room as well.... yikes.

Love the intro

Figured you would.

Def a great wake you the fuck up for early morning cardio.

Haha no doubt. It was tremendous yesterday.

B Con
03-30-11, 1:40 pm
Day 2
-Well... woke up early and ready to rock and roll. I ran out of coffee on Sunday so I've been w/o it this whole week... I've been able to tell a difference "pep-wise" with how alert I am and so forth. Monday was brutal--no coffee and no Rage. Tuesday was a lot better once Rage was in the system... and today, well today was GREAT.
-I took Rage on the way to the gym and was alert, functional, and felt fully awake. Good times... this lasted couple hours post workout as well.
-I did straight supersets all this morning and really felt like I was just hustling through with minimal rests. I was drenched afterwards... must of been killing it. I do know during my 30 min elliptical that I hit my target cals burned about 1.5 min quicker than I have w/o Rage... hmmmm

B Con
04-01-11, 1:55 pm
Day 3
-I took off yesterday so no mas on the Ragos...

-Today was a different story... I took Rage and was KILLING it today. I hardly had any rest breaks at all... kept my headphones plugged in and stayed dialed in. Blasted legs doing bouts of the elliptical inbetween sessions... needless to say, my shirt was DRENCHED afterwards.

-Biggest effect I noticed was sweating my ass off... pretty good focus as well.

B Con
04-03-11, 2:49 pm
Day 4
-Woke up and knew I had to hit the gym early on Saturday... down my Rage right before I left and I was feeling it... I was plotting out what madness I was going to engage in the gym and was shocked to see the parking lot completely empty... interesting...
-I got out and went to the door and there was a "we are opening later today" type sign on the door... FML... needless to say I was amped up and no where to unleash it... oh well... ended up heading back home and helped a friend move shortly thereafter...
-In regards to the move, it took my buddy and a couple of people 10 hours to load up a 20+ foot truck... with just my buddy and myself we had it unloaded within 3-4 hours tops... even had time for lunch. I was drenched and power walking inbetween trips but yea we got it done swiftly.

Day 5
-Even though my gym was closed I used my own personal key to get in there and get it done today. Enough is enough right? Took Rage and was ready to rock and roll in there to my own private gym... did a crazy interval type workout similar to my leg session from the other day...
-Mixed in 15 minutes of cardio and would superset some lifts then 15 more minutes of cardio and more supersets and then ended with 15 final mins of cardio... I was drenched... needless to say I feel it made up for yesterday's absence...

Effects I Noticed:
-Sweating my ass off
-Hyped/Amped up like no other
-Extreme Focus
-More Vascularity

-Today was a different story... I took Rage and was KILLING it today. I hardly had any rest breaks at all... kept my headphones plugged in and stayed dialed in. Blasted legs doing bouts of the elliptical inbetween sessions... needless to say, my shirt was DRENCHED afterwards.

-Biggest effect I noticed was sweating my ass off... pretty good focus as well.[/QUOTE]

Jay
04-04-11, 4:23 pm
Looks like some good work in here. I like the eliptical work in between sets.. INTENSE.

B Con
04-11-11, 7:22 pm
Looks like some good work in here. I like the eliptical work in between sets.. INTENSE.

Thanks Rhino... that's a method I've been employing lately... I like to think of it as interval typed training... it's pretty intense and tough to get adjusted to... I'm constantly drenched by the end of it.

B Con
04-11-11, 7:33 pm
Days 6 - 14
-I had an OFF week this past week... it was planned due to a long conference with my work... I actually took Rage by accident just from habit the first day of the conference... much to my pleasure Rage got my hype and amped up for the commute... it was a little over an hour drive early in the AM so I was VERY thankful for Rage. I was so impressed with the alertness and instant awake feeling from Rage that I continued taking it the rest of the week to ensure I was ready for the commute.

-Last day of the conference I actually did not take Rage for the commute... it was definitely noticeable on the drive. Oh well... I opted not to due to looking to hit the gym later that day. Bad mistake. I was apparently too hopped up on caffeine from the constant flow of coffee all day... and yeah.... let's just say I was in the fuck yo' couch mode... waaaaay too hyper, pumped up, you name it. Got light headed and felt like I was gonna throw up... I couldn't even try to drink my post workout shake... regardless I bumped up my water intake and was fine after a little rest... took OFF from all supps the next day too just to be sure.

-Nailed out some cardio on Rage Sunday... very easy. Rage makes cardio a breeze.... seriously I was in the zone and before I knew it 30 minutes of HIIT was up...

-Slugged down some Rage this AM before Chest day... got in there and was ready to rock and roll. The energy rush from Rage is amazing... add that to my iPod playing Manson - Beautiful People (Full Metal Jacket mix) along with White Zombie - More Human Than a Human and Disturbed - Down With the Sickness... let's just say I was destroying it in there....

Main Effects I Noticed:
-Energy Rush -- "Amped" "Get out of my way up Mentality"
-Focus
-Intense Sweating / Increased Body Temp
-Alertness

B Con
04-11-11, 7:34 pm
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/JerkJerkins/YOURCOUCH-1.png

B Con
04-11-11, 7:34 pm
Next Page Bump...

Days 6 - 14
-I had an OFF week this past week... it was planned due to a long conference with my work... I actually took Rage by accident just from habit the first day of the conference... much to my pleasure Rage got my hype and amped up for the commute... it was a little over an hour drive early in the AM so I was VERY thankful for Rage. I was so impressed with the alertness and instant awake feeling from Rage that I continued taking it the rest of the week to ensure I was ready for the commute.

-Last day of the conference I actually did not take Rage for the commute... it was definitely noticeable on the drive. Oh well... I opted not to due to looking to hit the gym later that day. Bad mistake. I was apparently too hopped up on caffeine from the constant flow of coffee all day... and yeah.... let's just say I was in the fuck yo' couch mode... waaaaay too hyper, pumped up, you name it. Got light headed and felt like I was gonna throw up... I couldn't even try to drink my post workout shake... regardless I bumped up my water intake and was fine after a little rest... took OFF from all supps the next day too just to be sure.

-Nailed out some cardio on Rage Sunday... very easy. Rage makes cardio a breeze.... seriously I was in the zone and before I knew it 30 minutes of HIIT was up...

-Slugged down some Rage this AM before Chest day... got in there and was ready to rock and roll. The energy rush from Rage is amazing... add that to my iPod playing Manson - Beautiful People (Full Metal Jacket mix) along with White Zombie - More Human Than a Human and Disturbed - Down With the Sickness... let's just say I was destroying it in there....

Main Effects I Noticed:
-Energy Rush -- "Amped" "Get out of my way up Mentality"
-Focus
-Intense Sweating / Increased Body Temp
-Alertness

Mr. Dead
04-15-11, 1:39 pm
What's up, in here...???

B Con
04-22-11, 7:42 am
What's up, in here...???

Playing ketchup right now...

B Con
04-22-11, 8:18 am
F' Me Tender... I forgot how many days.... but 4/12 through 4/22
-I've been incredibly busy on the work front so I apologize in advance for my lack of "updates" and for losing track of how many days and so forth. I can say I haven't been able to hit the gym as much as I would have liked during these past ten days... but I have done my best and gotten in there giving it hell each session thanks to Rage. I've also taken Rage on cardio only days and on some days where I know it's going to be a "very long" day at work.

For example, I've dominated my workouts when I've gotten in there to get 'em done. I've been crazy focused and running around like a man possessed in there. Constant supersets, dropsets, you name it. This increased intensity has left my workouts fast paced and my tshirts soaking wet.

Cardio wise, I've been able to also increase my intensity a bit on the elliptical and really tear it up in there. I didn't realize how much hell I was giving it until someone got on the elliptical beside mine and it looked like they were moving in "slow motion" compared to me.

Non workout wise on the "long days" I've taken Rage and have easily noticed the increased body temperature as well. This is definitely the most evident as I find myself sweating and wiping my brow all day. The added focus and concentration is more than welcomed.

Main Effects I Noticed:
-Energy Rush -- gets me in the gym and straight to the point workouts...
-Focus -- can't beat this and the added concentration
-Intense Sweating / Increased Body Temp -- even more so than before
-Ability to increase intensity of workouts....
-Taste wise I never can find my happy medium with water levels...
-I've noticed it kicks in just around the time I get to my gym... so it takes me around 15 minutes from time of taking it.
-I can EASILY notice when I do and when I don't take Rage with my sessions.

B Con
04-27-11, 1:19 pm
Raging thru Easter...and into May
-With work, lately I've been feeling swamped, over burdened, and let's say less than motivated at times to go to the gym... however, this feeling quickly subsides once downing some Rage. Seriously it's like a jump start to my day and keeps me functional. I may be a junkie....

-I've noticed my body temp seems to constantly be rising... I'm sweating nonstop.... it subsides though around mid day... I think this is when Rage settles down for me. Interesting.

-I've been able to consistently hit the gym with higher reps or more weight despite the cutting/cardio combo I've been employing... I love the fact I don't feel like I've lost any strength or muscle as well. Thank you again Rage.

-As always, here's the main effects noticed....

Main Effects I Noticed:
-Energy - Yes yes and yes. can't beat it.
-Focus -- In the gym I'm possessed.
-Intense Sweating / Increased Body Temp -- This has become even more pronounced than previously stated. It makes me want to be in the A/C all day...
-Ability to increase intensity of workouts.... Yes
-Taste wise: eh....

Mr. Dead
04-27-11, 1:27 pm
Niiiice...!!!

B Con
04-27-11, 2:31 pm
Niiiice...!!!

I'm sweating as I typed that haha

B Con
05-02-11, 12:54 pm
5/2
-More of the same to report at the start of this week. Sweating constantly and really pumped/energized for my workout this morning. As I sit here, I can feel my body temperature is elevated...

-Nothing really new to report... I'll do a brief "Main Effects Noticed" towards the end of this week... but so far so good with RAGE....

Bruiser
05-03-11, 8:05 am
5/2
-More of the same to report at the start of this week. Sweating constantly and really pumped/energized for my workout this morning. As I sit here, I can feel my body temperature is elevated...

-Nothing really new to report... I'll do a brief "Main Effects Noticed" towards the end of this week... but so far so good with RAGE....

You gotta love that feeling like you're preparing for battle. That slow build up is one of the best things about Rage,

B Con
05-11-11, 8:20 pm
You gotta love that feeling like you're preparing for battle. That slow build up is one of the best things about Rage,

I agree. I think the best overall feature of Rage is the extreme focus / tunnel vision. I mean I get into the gym and it's straight business--EVEN on days that I'm only doing cardio.

B Con
06-04-11, 1:55 pm
FINAL review coming soon.....

B Con
06-04-11, 3:28 pm
FINAL REVIEW

PROS
First and foremost, it should be stated I am a STIM JUNKIE. With that said, typically I find myself having to increase the amount of pre workout powders being used. For example, I start with 1 scoop of Shock Therapy but quickly find myself averaging an additional 1/2 scoop each week as my body quickly seems to become tolerant of the stims. Therefore, I'm usually blowing through pre workout powders like candy.

HOWEVER, with Rage I didn't find this to be an issue except for in the last week or two. On those final couple weeks I only added a little more than one level scoop. So for those fellow stim junkies, Rage holds its own.

One of the most prevalent effects of Rage came from its ability to cause me to sweat constantly. When I say that, I mean that. Seriously. I was constantly drenched even up to a couple hours post workout. So definitely a plus especially while cutting.

The added ability to really FOCUS made my workouts straight and to the point. Very desirable effect as once Rage kicked in, it was game time. The added ability to focus more made for more intense sessions, pumps, etc.

Rage also provides a great BOOST while doing cardio. On my cardio only days, one scoop of Rage and I was ready to get in there and get it done. We all hate cardio so this was a definite bonus.

I also felt like I was experiencing increased stamina and endurance during my sessions as well. I was constantly decreasing rest rates, increasing intensity, and adding cardio/circuits to my sessions. So I was definitely able to get in and get it done without a problem.

CONS
My time with Rage wasn't all bright and sunny. It did have some downsides but nothing serious.

My biggest complaint is the TASTE. I don't like it. Period. I've tried using various amounts of water. I've tried using ice with it. I've tried taking it straight with no water. And I've tried to dilute it with other supps (i.e. Storm). This is by far not the best tasting product Universal/Animal has put out. I can only imagine it must be difficult to flavor this supp as the orange just doesn't cut it. Thankfully with the new alpha testing going on, this may not be such a con anymore. However, for the time being, I'm not a fan of orange flavored anything.

My next complaint is moreso with the container than anything else. What I mean is it's a PAIN in the ASS to get the final remains of your container once you get past the 2/3rds point with the powder version. My big ass hand wouldn't fit in it. Add the scooper and it's almost impossible NOT to make a mess. Please note, YES I do realize this problem can easily be alleviated by choosing the pill form--but for purposes of this review, I used the powder. Dat dere white powder....

OVERALL
Not a bad product... out of a 10 (with 10 being INSANE INSTANT 30 lbs muscle & 10% BF loss) and a 0 being a placebo... I'd give this product a solid 7.5.

I definitely consider this a great pre workout supplement and look forward to employing its uses in the future. Thanks for letting me run this log Animal.

B Con
06-04-11, 3:31 pm
**MODS/CORP & those with mo' power than me on here** please change my avatar back to my Animal Rep one. :) It was gone when I was given this Rage one. Thanks in advance :)

naturalguy
06-05-11, 8:40 am
Nice detailed review.

On a side note - get someone with smaller hands (a pretty female preferably) to scoop out your Rage = profit

Bruiser
06-05-11, 9:55 am
Great review. I agreed with everything you said, which is why I chose the pills. So I've got no complaints.